Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Exhibitionist

Agent L

Appearance: The Man in Black

As the door closed behind Natalie, a smile and a nod crossed the average-looking man. "Of course, that's why I'm here." After taking what looked like black and white Yo-Yo with a dial in the center that was surrounded with numbers from his pocket, the man began to twist it in various ways while counting to himself under his breath.

"G12.9, 919, HJ.2, 76..." After inputting the last combination, the man twisted the Yo-Yo-like device apart before putting the front half against the wall. Green energy ripples outward from the device in a counter-clockwise spiral before stretching wide enough for two people to walk through, one either side of the device in the center. The green fades to clear, showing rolling fields of green grass and red poppies with a Cathedral in the distance. The man removes the device from the center of the portal, reconnects it with the other half and shoves it into his pocket. "After you, Miss. All will be explained on the other side."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

Natalie didn't know whether to be relieved or creeped out. She'd been to the brewery all of two times in her life, and this guy already knew where to drop her? Yipes! Note to self: Use disguises a LOT more liberally!

She had never dimension-hopped like this before, but it was kind of cool. I wonder if this is how Joe's portals work! She'd seen Joe portal-hop once or twice...and thinking about it made her suddenly wistful. She blinked, shook her head resolutely, and said, "Thanks! I've still got a ton of questions, but I've got friends here, which means maybe I've got the home-field advantage for a while..."

She stepped through the portal and found herself in the familiar field of poppies.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Agent L

Appearance: The Man in Black

That she had friends at the Brewer was the very reason that he'd chosen this place to guide her to. That, and it was predicted that here kept the best chance of keeping the event two-years from now on a straight course. Agent M would be on the other side somewhere with enough time to explain to Natalie what it was that was going on. While they did that, Agent L would have to deal with a Shyre-Worm in a shopping mall... they never could resist a good bargain.

Before the portal closed, Agent L advised Natalie with- "Stay there and my colleague, Agent M, will find you. She'll dress in black and she'll know you. She can explain everything. I advise you change your number, stalkers are like mosquitoes - they keep coming back at the most annoying of times, sting and make a God-awful noise." With that, the portal closed behind Natalie.

Well, mission accomplished. With a soft sigh, the man began to turn the device again, mumbling under his breath as he did so. They'd saved the galaxy yet again, all in a day's work. It was always the little things that affected the great chain, and Natalie being kidnapped up by some wacko who had the emotional and intellectual capability of a tea-spoon was definitely on that list. After dialling the correct address, the man repeated this procedure and walked into a clear room that resembled a surgical-white office. After plucking the device free, the portal closed behind him, leaving no evidence that the man had ever been there.

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict remained quiet as they left.

Kawaii Hunter

[[Oh hai guys. Sorry about poofing on ya..>.< I wont have a whole lot of time to RP for awhile, but i can post once in a while. Did you wrap up the recpetion/what I miss? ]]

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( Frrraaaaayyyy~! You missed Nytmaer getting taken down, and everyone except Saria is KO'd in the lab. Twas a fight bloody and most foul... Not sure what's going on now with these three, but I'm loving it~ ))

As Saria predicted, Yuni would be the first to awaken. Groggy, and with her head still pounding, the young Nekojin cracked her eyes open and quickly winked them shut at the light of the lab. She didn't know what had awakened her, but she regretted opening her eyes. No matter how dim the lights were, they would be too bright for her. Groaning and shifting to curl up on her side, Yuni put the hospital grade pillow over her head.

"I had the worst nightmare..." Yuni muttered, unsure if there was anyone around to really hear her. She didn't have any conscious recollection of the wedding...

She forced herself to sit up with muttered complaints, holding the pillow to her face. "Ny-butt possessed a guy and turned the reception into a bloodbath... It stabbed through Kira with its gauntlet fingers... then an elephant squished it... then it tried to possess Mohan..."

Slowly, Yuni would remove the pillow and look around the room with squinted eyes. This wasn't her room. This was Mohan's lab. And the beds next to her... They had Mohan, Fray, Gorthan, and... Kira. Eyes widened to reveal the glowing violet ringing around the icy blue of her irises, a very red pinprick in the center of her pupil. A shrill shriek stopped short as Yuni spazzed, falling out of her gurney and scrambling to pull herself back to standing with the counter. It freaked her out that her friends were KO'd on gurneys, looking like they've been through what her nightmare showed her.

And Kira... It didn't look like she was breathing... And she didn't have her wings...

Yuni hastily left the lab without taking notice of her hospital dress, tripping over her feet in the hallway. She was crying at this point, preferring to just curl up there with her arms around her head and tail coiled about her legs.

"No no no no.... I took my medicine... I swear I did... no no no..."

Kawaii Hunter

[[ I'm sad I missed it! so Rebekah and Fray are both injured I'm assuming. Does Fray have any specific injuries or cna I make such up ?? ]]

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( None that I remember. owo' Burns, cuts, etc etc. Ny and Kai had a spirit battle, with Ny trying to possess people (mainly Mohan, poor doc). ))

Thieving Rogue

((Friends I know I have been away for a bit as well but I am going on vacation all next week which means I'm probs going to RP a lot because I'll just be relaxing! So stay tuned.))

Omnipresent Poster

((Vintrict hasn't talked with Saria in a while, so that's good.))
Sheriff Grimes

Mohan groggily pulled himself out of unconsciousness, his eyes opening slowly and confusedly. He saw the ceiling of the lab before him, slightly dimmed as the curtain surrounding the bed he was in was pulled. A normal sight for him. For all he knew, he passed out in the lab like so many times before, pushing himself to the point of exhaustion that he couldn't even manage to make it out the door and back up to the attic. Many days he can't even get himself onto a patient bed before sleep grips him.

But a sharp pain through his head reminded him instantly that this was not a normal pass-out-in-the-lab kind of night, but he was actually a patient. He pulled himself up slowly, cautiously, unsure of the damage. He saw no casts or bandages, indicating that his body was not broken from the surface. As he fully sat up, a hand reached to his head, feeling around to see if there were any bandages present. It felt like a bullet had ripped through his skull, but again, there was no obvious damage.

So other than a lingering sharp headache, he seemed fine. He pulled his feet over the patient bed, standing up and pulling the curtain, finding Frayda in the bed beside him, still unconscious. She looked a bit more battered, some bruising and some bandages that were recently cleaned from the look of it. The presences of healing herbs indicated that it was Saria who had tended to the wounded in his absence.

He exhaled loudly, brushing some hair out of his wife's face. His beautiful bride. The image of her wedding dress smoldering was burnt into his vision. Such a perfect day ruined by Nytmaer.

Thieving Rogue

_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Saria paused in the bar, looking towards the doorway. Her ears twitched as she heard muttering upstairs. Firstly, she was an elf. Secondly, the manor was so quiet it was unnerving, so these two facts made it easy for her to hear Yuni's voice upstairs. She was awake.

But new voices were heard outside. Saria looked to the front door, although it remained closed. Now was a terrible time to entertain guests. She wondered if it was just some passing individuals on the road, and she decided to take the chance that the two additional voices would just pass by. If they entered, they would have to tend to the bar themselves, since the elf was now leaving the bar and stopping at the bottom of the stairs and looking up towards the noise.

"Yuni?"

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Gorthan quickly moved hearing Yuni, he looked up at the roof above him and then at the stairs. He had been downstairs the entire time, he had been up since the end of the battle. He had no words, and his throat hurt like crazy, he blinked a few times the one good eye taking every detail, where his rather unpleasantly bothersome eye felt as though it had been stabbed, and its sight was drastically diminished due to Nytmaer. Though he did look on the brightside, at least he breathed still.

Out beyond the bushes sat Seranip the female dragon staying as far from the building as she could without losing sight of it. The purple dragon looked over the building, and then at newcomers as they appeared to be approaching, watching she tried her best to stay off the elves radar. It was going to be a long while before she would truly come into the open, seeing as the ling could have been nothing more than a mere pet, hardly the worth spectating. Yet there was nothing she could do, she was there to watch and observe nothing more.
Darkness. It was his nature; it was the substance of his entire being, body and soul. A Construct, a being comprised of Dark Magic, a creature born from the Darkness in a boy's Heart--that was Vanitas. As such, sensing the presence of the power that created him was effortless.

Five years had passed since his rebirth, five years since he and the others were pulled out of Sora's Heart and given a chance to live independently. A second chance that Vanitas never expected--the Master had made him just for him to be destroyed, after all, to become a weapon. But that second chance had been more than just a chance at life. It was a chance to be a person. A whole, real person, not just a monster who felt only negative emotions.

For a sixteen-year-old child-soldier who'd just come out of 11 years of existence without a body, the idea of being accepted, forgiven, loved was absolutely unfathomable. But after five years, things had finally sunk in. Sora's mother had adopted Vanitas, and the others, as her own legal children, making them Sora's legal siblings. Giving Vanitas a family. Giving him and Ventus a chance to come to terms with the bleak facts of their existence, and giving all of them time to forge an unbreakable bond.

Vanitas had changed his tune a lot in five years. Instead of asserting that Darkness was the end-all be-all force in the Multiverse, like his old Master had, Van asserted that all things were meant to be in Balance, that Light and Dark were natural forces, existing since the dawn of time, that were meant to work in concert, not in malignity. He knew better than anyone that the Light had its flaws...and he knew better than anyone that the Darkness did, too. Darkness was, in its natural form, overwhelming. It existed to perpetuate itself through any means necessary, and that often meant destroying anything that threatened it.

Vanitas had a busy life, between taking care of his siblings and trying to be a normal person (college was among those efforts), but he still had time to devote to helping maintain the Balance he so believed in. There was one thing in maintaining balance that, as a Keyblade wielder, Vanitas was particularly good at: killing Heartless.

So when he caught the trail of a Heartless horde in a world he'd never visited before, Van decided that a trip to the bar wasn't on his agenda for the evening. He opened up a Dark Corridor and stepped inside, Void Gear in hand, following the scent.

User Image

His surprise was absolute when he opened the Corridor portal to the other side. He was standing in a bar, in a space that looked like it had been built during the turn of the last century, and Heartless were everywhere...but they weren't attacking anyone. They weren't showing the slightest ounce of animosity.

User Image

"...Um."

Friendly Heartless. Not unheard of, per se--Sora had quite the affinity with them, particularly the half-formed ones--but definitely not the norm. Usually the little beasts were solely bent on devouring people's souls, not...acting like pets.

Not that he was one to talk, exactly. These days, his summoning of the Unversed was almost exclusively for the purposes of giving someone a fluffy, intelligent Flood-bunny as a pet.

But now what was he supposed to do? He'd come out here to slash apart some monsters, only to find that the monsters weren't up to anything worth slashing them for.

...There was a bar right there, Vanitas realized.

User Image

"Guess I'm havin' a drink, then."

Thieving Rogue

Unholy Keyblader

A new noise caught the wood elf's attention, this one sounding alarmingly close. It was a portal opening from behind her, in the bar. She turned, attention now ripped away from the mumbling Yuni up the steps, as she saw a newcomer enter into the scene. She herself was just beyond the door frame, so the man would certainly see her once he pulled his attention away from the heartless creatures.

Saria was a jumpy sort - when anything happened past her expectations she jumped to arm herself, and this time was no different, especially since the manor had just recovered from a fight the day before. New patrons would not know that, of course, since she had cleaned the place up. Her orange eyes flushed green as they pierced into the newcomer, hands armed with daggers at lightening speed. She froze, watching him for a moment, before deciding that he wasn't a threat and loosening up her posture a bit. He was looking towards the bar for a drink.

Now-green eyes glanced back to the stairs at Yuni before turning towards the bar. "Gorthan, could you bring Yuni downstairs please?" She asked the dragonling before entering into the bar, re-sheathing her dagger and heading behind the counter, making it clear that she was the tender for the evening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff