Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

"Its very nice to meet you, Vivian." Saria said before picking up her glass of vodka. Now that there were other people around, she looked at her glass uneasily. Maybe straight vodka was a tad too strong with company.

She placed it down and grabbed a mug, walking over to a coffee machine perched a few feet away down the counter. She filled the mug with coffee before returning to her place, sipping lightly at it. "So what brings you to the outskirts of town?" Saria asked Vivian. As she talked, Saria scanned Vivian, trying to pick up clues into Vivian's life. A habit of hers, always assessing her surroundings, circumstances, and the people she meets. Call it an annoying bit of paranoia that still clings to her from her older days.

Thieving Rogue

Saria turned to the newcomer as she spoke. "It's a Manor," she said, "meaning we have plenty of room for weary travelers. You have free range of the house as long as you stay." Her gaze then moved to the bleeding cut on the woman's hand. Without a word Saria stood up and pulled a small first aid kit from underneath the counter. She gestured for the woman to come to the bar and sit down as she opened up the kit, pulling out a bandage, some anti-bacterial ointment, and a rag. It was apparent that Saria had a lot of experience with wounds.

"This place has seen many days of fights and wounded warriors." she said, not to anyone in particular. "Let me have a look at your hand."

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User ImageIf Saria was going to judge based on attire alone, she would find a hodge podge. Mostly new and expensive items mixed with cheaper pieces of jewelry and such. Not extraordinarily telling.

"I was out for a simple bike ride. Happy to have found this wonderful place." She beamed, letting the owner have one last compliment.

Thieving Rogue

Saria smiled again. She loved getting all these compliments on her home. It has been far too long...

"Thanks," she said again, a slight laugh in her voice. "I really do appreciate it. Would you like to see the rest of the house?" she offered. "I take a lot of pride in keeping this place well-run. I have a feeling you'd love the travelers' rooms."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Well at least she knew where she was now as she picked up on the words spoken by the owner, bar tender, person in charge…one of them. Upon hearing that it was a manor Vee opened her mouth in a silent 'ah' as she gave a nod of her head, the wound on her hand being quickly forgotten as she listened to the woman speak. “Thank you for your hospitality,” she stated in a voice that was a deep lady’s voice and a bit more mature than what she looked to be in age.

Before she could say anything else she noticed the woman make a motion and didn’t hesitate to walk over to where she was being summoned. Now being inside, she was more aware of her surroundings and stopped just shy of a piece of furniture as she approached the two. She looked down at it and ran a hand over it, finding it to be a stool. With a smile, she took a seat and offered both of her hands as she wasn‘t sure which one was bleeding or if they both were. There was a gash in the upper palm of her right hand that hadn’t been protected by the leather arm warmers she wore and smaller cuts on her fingers. The wound on her hand was almost healed now and the ones on her fingers were no longer visible save for some redness where they had been. “As shameless and embarrassing as it is I’m unable to say I was wounded in a heated battle for some epic treasure. I accidentally tripped on the steps outside and fell against something else. Clumsy,” she stated with a smile though didn’t seem to be that embarrassed at all despite her words.

Thieving Rogue

Saria nodded to the woman's tale of falling outside as she cleaned and bandaged her wounds. Her ears twitched lightly - as they usually do when she notices something unusual - as she thought about the way the woman stopped and touched the stool before sitting. "Are you visually impaired?" she asked, rather straight-forwardly. She didn't mean for it to be rude, but how else do you ask that question?

"I hope there was nothing outside that caused you to trip," she continued. "If so, please tell me so I can remove it and save my next customers the joy of my medical knowledge."

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User ImageClearly the patron who had entered behind her was not human as her wounds had miraculously healed.

Her ocean shaded eyes came back to Saria. A tour? Vivian could only imagine the amazing little nooks of this place. "Oh that's alright, I'm not sure how long I"m staying anyhow." She fidgeted with her teacup, taking a sip and setting it back down. "Is there a garden? Or piano?" These are the things that would pique her interest. Fingers crossed.

Thieving Rogue

Saria nodded in response to Vivian's questions. "Both," she said as she put away the first aid kit. By the time she was done dressing whatever scrapes were left, it didn't seem like she was treating more than a papercut anyway.

She gestured towards the hallway. "There's a room right across the hall, it's sort of like a ballroom but we haven't had a ball in ages. Consider it more of a lounge. There's a grand piano in there." She then turned and gestured towards the kitchen, where a door to the backyard was available. "Through the kitchen is a backdoor. If you step outside you'll see a garden. There is a small cemetery behind the garden, though. I hope that doesn't bother you."

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image"Do you mind if I play?" Her sweet voice was unbridled excitement. She used her thumb to gesture the ballroom/lounge spoken off.

Her legs had already lifted her from her stool a little prematurely. After all, who would really mind someone playing the piano. Whenever she was around one she had to play it, hear ts character, and of course see how often the owner tuned it.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee sat patiently as she felt the woman working on her hands though smirked when asked about her vision. It wasn’t many who picked up on it upon first meeting her. Only a handful of people out of the many she crossed every day. Though, she had worked hard to come off as normal as possible…sight wise, that is. With the smirk still on her face she put her grey eyes on the woman as she spoke. “What makes you think that I’m visually impaired?” She took no offense to being asked but did like playing this game. It helped her to correct whatever she had done wrong. “Not unless you’re willing to remove the steps,” she stated in humor and jest. “It was just my lack of observation, is all. I doubt it happens often.” She then looked over to the woman who had asked about a garden and piano as if she were looking for confirmation. Though if she had tripped as well then maybe they would need to be removed. “Your medical knowledge has been most helpful. Thank you. I just hope I didn’t get any blood anywhere.”

Thieving Rogue

Saria nodded to Vivian. "Go ahead, I love it when guests play." She returned her attention to the woman in front of her. "I notice small details" she explained. "Its an old habit of mine. I used to have to be very strictly aware of my surroundings to survive. I noticed you pause and touch the barstool before sitting down. The slight hesitation is what gave it away for me."

She again picked up her coffee mug and took another sip. "My name is Saria, by the way." she said, realizing that she hadn't introduced herself yet.

Dapper Darling

((Be right back.))

Aged Prophet

9,575 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
~ Nova Flynn ~

User Image

The hum of her Honda hurricane was comforting as she drove down what seemed like a never ending road. The last night Nova wanted to do was stop driving she had a long way to travel but it was getting a bit late for her to be on the road. Luckily for Nova she noticed the flickering of lights in the distance. As she approached the lights made way into what seemed to be an Inn. Nova paused for a moment, she had been driving along time and a rest was defiantly in order. Pulling off the road and into the drive way of the Inn Nova let the bike run for a moment as she put down the kick stand and made sure there was no chance of the bike tipping. Stepping off the bike Nova turned her key with shut off the engine and an eery silence filled the air around her. She tossed the keys in her hand before putting them in her pocket. Leaving her helmet on Nova unstrapped the bag from her bike and tossed it over her shoulder before making her way inside.

Before entering Nova have a slight knock on the door followed by an opening of the door. “Hello?” she questioned, however, it was muffed by the helmet

Thieving Rogue

Saria's ear picked up on the sound of a motorcycle when it was still a good distance off. Assuming it was someone else just driving by, she turned towards the door when she heard the engine turn off. Then came the sound of another female voice, muffled by something.

"Hello," she greeted with a small wave. "Welcome, can I get you something to eat or drink?"

Thieving Rogue

((whoops, I apologize everyone. I have to get off the computer. Feel free to let your characters have access behind the bar/wherever else!))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff