Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Sex Symbol

Ania had zoned out horribly while sitting at the bar, Bane had fallen asleep in his own chair so asking him what was going inwas impossible. Hell waking him up wwould be a chore in itself to do. Huffing the girl stood up and walked over to the male and proceeded to push him on to the floor with a sick thud. Groaning blue orbs opened to a fuzzy world. Why did his head hurt so much? Why was Ania standing over him with a grin... why the hell was he on the floor in the first place?

Sticking out her hand to him to help up, after all she was the one that caused him to topl over.
Stykes sized up Yuni, impressed with her ability to handle this situation. The speed at which events had unfolded and Yuni's reaction to their assistance had shown him two things about her, she was no stranger to pain, and she was used to handling these situations on her own. He gave a nod of approval to Yuni's answer having a great respect for anyone willing to put themselves in harms way for the sake of another. He observed quietly as Saria prepared the various pieces of medical equipment, the room had been set up by Mohan previously for his experiments and practices. The man had been a brilliant doctor but not someone Stykes had ever really interacted with.
"Do you need any help with anything, Saria?"

He asked quietly, preparing to head back downstairs. Stykes was lost in thought, mostly over Yuni's black blood. On one hand she seemed alright, defending other people, sarcastic in hectic times much like himself, but he had fought many different creatures over his years of wandering, and encountered countless types of fae creatures. One thing always remained consistent, those with black blood were never inherently 'good'.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"X-ray machine..." Yuni echoed, clearly curious. She had always wanted to see what the inside of her looked like, especially since she was adopted by her mother. If she inherited enough from Saji, then this should be as interesting to explain as it will be to see. The Nekojin wiggled a little as the arm hovered over her exposed belly, moving her shirt out of the way so she could see how this odd machine worked. Yuni gave a light chuckle, ears twitching as she remembered the melted dagger she left in the pool. "Jus' so ya won't have to get in there, I hope I'm healed 'nough..."

On the monitor, Saria may or may not be surprised to find that much of the Nekojin's innards were warped versions of what a human's innards would look like. The heart especially, if that showed up, would be a curious view. It was oddly shaped with what looked like a third main chamber, though it didn't beat, it would appear solid on the x-ray. Solid looking lines would vein out from the heart with the arteries and the normal veins, webbing out over the lungs. Clots of blood moved over the punctured part of the damaged lung, popping and spreading to cover and stitch. There was blood to cough up within the organ, but the hole itself would just look like a giant clot.

Thieving Rogue

"I'm fine Stykes." Saria responded. "But please wait outside for me."

She angled the monitor so that Yuni could see. She wasn't surprised by the unhuman shapes of the organs. She wasn't exactly human.

She pointed to the monitor where the large clot was at the bottom of Yuni's lung. "See this? It looks like your blood is clotting nicely to heal your lung." She said. "Your puncture wound on your stomach is pretty well healed at this point. Looks like organs take a bit more time. The blood that did spill into your system you pretty much coughed out. I don't think I'm going to need to do anything." She moved the monitor back into its original position, pressing a few buttons and looking at the pictures that popped on the screen, visible only to herself. When she was satisfied with whatever she was looking at, she flipped the machine off.

Standing up, she made her way over to a medical closet, pulling out a glass and filling it with hot water. She added a few different types of spices and powders to it, brewing something that looked and smelled much like tea with a weird medicine-y aftertaste. She brought it back to Yuni. "Here, this should help your stomach after swallowing all that blood." She said.

She was relieved that she didn't have to cut anyone open tonight. It was good luck that this stranger happened to have healing properties. She returned to a medial desk across from Yuni and opened a drawer, revealing a small pistol. She pulled it out, made sure it was loaded, took the safety off, and placed it in her belt next to her daggers. She returned her gaze to Yuni, a serious look, still prepared to fight or defend if necessary.

"So. How exactly did you end up in my pool?" she asked. It was clear that once the medical emergency had passed, Saria was still skeptical of the newcomer. Her instincts still told her to hold her ground and prepare to defend. She made sure that with helping this nekojin she always had the upper hand, not as easily trusting as Stykes was. "I'm going to need you to answer all of my questions before you'll be allowed to leave here."

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Icy eyes blinked owlishly at the images on the screen, ears twitching attentively to catch every word. By the time the elf woman was finished explaining all these pretty pictures, there was a sigh of relief being exhaled. Now Yuni can die happily, knowing how her body worked without having to sit through one of those weird health classes humans do in their schools. "That's good... I would've hated to have you dirty ya hands."

The Nekojin's nose wiggled curiously at the glass that was handed to her, crinkling a bit for the moment before she chanced a gulp. A visible, shivering cringe went through her, but she didn't complain. It was to help, so she wouldn't complain. "Thanks...." She croaked, clearing her throat a bit.

Now things got serious...

Yuni took another sip of the tea, eye catching on the gun that was displayed and holstered. She gave a small sigh at the question, and the declaration. "Like how I always end up places." The teen said as she slowly sat up, before her shadow flickered, darkened. Sitting cross-legged, Yuni sipped the rest of her tea before falling into that fiery shadow. The vortex closed, just as another opened on the floor under the bed she was previously on. She was pushed out of the shadow, still sitting.

"'Cept ya pool was a totally random drop point. I lost m'thought when I got stabbed, and my fire brought me 'ere. I never ask why it chooses such odd places, especially watery places, but it does 'ave almost a mind 'o its own." Yuni continued, resting her cheek on a fist with her elbow propped onto her knee. Bright eyes looked evenly at Saria, showing complete honesty. "I'll answer all ya questions, but ya gotta chill out Miss Saria. If I was 'ere to hurt anyone, I would've done that already. And I wouldn't've come 'ere already wounded, if I were 'ere to hurt anybody."

Thieving Rogue

Saria nodded as she listened, watching the interesting vortex trick the nekojin performed. She was familiar with portals to the degree that she knew people who traveled by them, but obviously couldnt use them herself.

"I apologize for appearing rash," she said evenly, not moving from her spot. "You must understand that I am a hunter, and I have been hunted, and I've had beings drop into my manor wanting to destroy it simply because it was here. I've fought many battles and trust isn't something you earn easily with me."

She shifted slightly in her seat to get more comfortable, hands resting on her lap, inches away from her weapons. "You drop out of the sky, wounded. I can only assume someone stabbed you for a reason. That reason may very well be a good reason. Perhaps you just portal-ed out of a battle, in which you were the bad guy. I don't know."

She cracked her neck, a habit of hers while she talked.

"You mentioned a Duke that you saved. A Duke that was about to be assassinated? How about you start from the beginning."
Stykes nodded in compliance with Saria's request, he turned and headed downstairs just in time to miss her display of weapon superiority to Yuni, his scarf dancing lightly behind him as he exited. With heavy calculated steps he made his way through the hallway and down the stairs, taking an immediate left upon reaching the bottom into the bar area. The twins still having about their scuffle he gave Ania a smile before heading into the kitchen area for a few moments. This had truly been a hectic day. As he rummaged through the kitchen a thought hit him suddenly, like a speeding truck. His thoughts fell to the previous day in how Saria had treated him in his random arrival, a friend, by drawing weapons and then running a series of tests to confirm he was indeed who he said he was. Saria was undoubtedly insane, or maybe completely sane depending on how you looked at it. As he grabbed the Neko's requested root beer he shot back out of the kitchen in a flash running by the twins he called out quickly
"I'll be 'right' back"
As he approached the stairs he slowed down, his scarf playfully moving behind him as though it had been enjoying the ride, not wanting to startle Saria. He slowly walked back up the stairs taking his time just like before, he made his way through the hallway as quietly as he could, attempting to hear what they were talking about in the healing room down the hall but to no avail. As he made his way back into the healing room he offered the soda to Yuni, interjecting himself into the conversation rather abruptly.
"You don't need to answer her questions"
He stated warmly as he barged into the room, scolding Saria with a glance as he brought the Neko her previously requested drink, though it was in a can, not a fancy glass. Odd choice of a drink considering her situation. It was well hidden but Stykes harbored no trust for the creature either, but also no reason to distrust. This was one of the largest differences between the two old friends, and Stykes wore enough scars to know the consequences of his choices.

Thieving Rogue

Saria shot a penetrating glare at Stykes, cold as ice. "Remember where you are, Stykes." She hissed. Of all the places in the world, if she wanted to be a paranoid mess, she was allowed to do it in her own home. She did not believe she was being unreasonable, and although cautious, Yuni appeared to understand the situation as well. Stykes had no right to barge in and undermine her authority in this situation.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Seeing as the elf wasn't about to go all gun-ho on her, Yuni dropped back into her shadow to return to her spot on the bed. After the first pass, she was damp. After the second pass, she was dry. A bright grin cracked on the girl's face, her tail swaying a bit as she listened. Before she had a reply, the Nekojin coughed into her wrist and swallowed whatever came up.

"Sounds a lot like m'Okaa's place... Ya got no idea how many armies came to it, jus' 'cause we all different." Yuni said, nodding a bit. "Jus' as ya should, rightfully so. And that is a good point... There was a couple times where I get shoved out 'o a battle... Good times."

"Though, when ya think 'bout it, the other side is always the bad guy." Yuni was assuming her more comical self, giggling at a few memories that sprang forth and at what she said. Then Saria asked about the Duke, and the girl got herself comfy on the bed.

"Well! First, mind that this is in a completely different realm on th'other side 'o the map." She started, thoughtfully rubbing her chin. "Lessee 'ere... Duke Rasmeth Paulamer the Third. Cute guy, even with the ugly scar on his face. He and I trade often, and he likes all the little doo-dads I make... They got somethin' like a Pope-King o'er there, and when Razzy throttled an invadin' army-- with my little doo-dads, mind-- he got an honor from that Pope-King thing as a great defender of the land." Yuni placed the empty glass on the space next to her, so the hand that wasn't supporting her face could gesticulate.

"The people in the capital threw this festive thingthing, with parades, a big market, and a feast. I came with 'im as a cute and fuzzy thing that wouldn't draw suspicion, since he told me his friends told 'im that somethin' was gonna go down during the award ceremony." She paused, scratching the back of her head as an itch came up. "Sure 'nough, there was, and I pop out of my cute and fuzziness, take the hit, blow the guy's head off, and portaled outta there like a bat outta hell." Yuni shrugged some. "They'll see it as some act of their gods, and say that Razzy is some chosen bein'. No one should be messin' with him any time soon."

Stykes, the good man, had remembered her soda. He came in just as she was finishing up her story, and she gave him a big grin. Gratefully, she took the can and popped the tab. "Aw, t'anks, Mr. Stykes! But a tad late. I like tellin' stories. 'Sides, Miss Saria ain't gonna smell much friendlier 'less she hears what she needs."

Thieving Rogue

Saria returned her attention to Yuni, now pretty pissed at Stykes. The story made sense, and she felt no lies in what was being said. She took the gun out of her belt, put the safety back on, and placed it back into the drawer where it belonged.

Standing up, her demeanor now more relaxed. Just by her stance you could tell she was at least convinced that Yuni wasn't going to go nuclear and kill everyone. "So you come from a place where magic isn't commonplace" she half asked half stated.
(( gotta go to class, feel free to skip past me ))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( Owo' That's a late class... Time zones, huh? ))

Yuni was taking a sip of her soda when Saria asked her question, internally celebrating the victory over the gun. She had been shot at enough in her life...

"Well, per say, Razzy's place is full 'o humans and only a few 'ave anythin' magical 'bout them." She clarified, ears twitching as she looked between the elf and Stykes. It looked like he was in trouble now. "Where I'm from, it's pretty commonplace. Like..." Yuni flapped a hand out to the side, indicating insect-like wings. "Faeries, and sh!t. Razzy's home has demons and angels and stuff like that."
He ignored Saria blatantly, he was loyal without a doubt, but he was not a dog who would abandon his compassion for life simply because he treasured his own above others. In his mind all had a reason to live to he would do no harm or ill will unto them unless provoked, and even then it took quite a bit of convincing. After Yuni took the soda he moved back near the door, leaning against the frame. He knew he had spoken out of place, but he wouldn't stand by idly while Saria performed her abnormal rituals of trust.

(( 7p to 9:45p decently late =( be back later ))

Thieving Rogue

Saria nodded as she listened to Yuni's story. "Well. We get quite a bunch of interesting creatures here." she said, standing up and making her way to the door. "You're welcome to help yourself to what the Heartless have to offer. You'll see rooms available on this floor if you need to rest. Downstairs we have a bar and the kitchen is free to use as well. My nerves are a little shot, so I'm going to be heading to my room. Feel free to get me if you start feeling any sharp pains or trouble breathing." As she passed by Stykes at the doorframe, she shot him another cold look. "You and I will be speaking later." Without another word she left the healing room and made her way down the hall to the last room on the left, going inside, and locking the door behind her.

((bed time for me!))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( Three or four hours behind me lol! XD Nice. Guess I'll go sleep too. Pretty late. ))

Yuni blinked at Saria as she explained the layout of this floor, nodding especially at the part about a room for rest. When she said that she was heading for rest herself, the Nekojin nodded and gave a grateful smile. "I thank ya, Miss Saria." She said, while raising her can up a little.

The idea of rest was a welcoming one, and Yuni was glad she could have a room and not have to hole up outside in a tree somewhere. Carefully, she slid off the bed and swigged the rest of her soda before tossing it in the closest trash bin. Just to be safe, she moved slowly. Newly stitched tissues were tender and fragile.

"I'm gonna nab me a room, too. Thanks for all the help, and the soda." The petite teen said, reaching up and giving the male a friendly patpat on the shoulder. "Good luck with Miss Saria, Stykes... Nighty night~" With that, Yuni wandered down the hall and entered the first guest room she opened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff