Poll Whore Option 0.59259259259259 59.3% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 450 451 452 > >> >>> »|

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ah this radio, it's surprising that this still turns its light on. It's one of the trinkets that used to never leave Black's sight, or at least he thought so. He forgot he had this with him, but it must've been a subconscious action for it to be here. It was a trooper, a faded black with a couple of stickers partially attached to it. Sure it wasn't the prettiest thing on the market but it pumps out sound like you wouldn't believe. Plug in the headphone jack, turn on something with some thunderous drums and tune out on a sonic journey. Ah, the greatest.

Unfortunately Black couldn't find his headphones, so he had to listen to whatever was on with the small speaker which wasn't as impressive. He turned the radio on and started messing with the knobs to find something interesting. Maybe some pirate radio stations would pop up and show him some new grooves, maybe. After a while, he found a glimmer of hope: a beat that used what sounded like an East Asian music sample.

He placed the music and turned it down, hopefully enough to not bother others. So, off Black was, stocking the shelves while his head was nodding to the layered groove. Everything almost seemed in order: the most premium of drinks on the top shelves and everything else had their role. Yeah, it was getting there.

The radio was pumping music just fine until a news bulletin came in. It abruptly cut off Black's musical trance, leaving him quite confused. He looked to the radio for an answer and the bulletin began...

"Anchor: This is a story that is developing as we speak. It seems as though that citizens of this town are dealing with what could become an epidemic. People have reported seeing neighbors with unsightly deformities and an involuntary motor reactions. Also, some report that those with the contagion might be able to reanimate corpses. There was a report about how a mortician who unknowingly had the disease was killed not by the virus, but the subject that he was in the process of embalming. Most of the attacks have been in the metropolitan area, the government is sending supplies and reinforcements to assist in containing the virus. In other news, it seems as though a number of costume stores, men's stores and hat stores are being looted as of late. More details at eleven."

((Event post updated here.))

8,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Oh no," Bea replied to Legacis while she worked on the window, "I am very much from this world. The experiments that were done to me, however, were not." She told him stiffly as she put the now fixed window on the sill, and started to polish it to make the wood not look so dingy. Beatrix was humming along to the music when the report came on, and she stopped. Once it was over, she looked over at Black with wide eyes, "Wait, are they talking about zombies?"
Outfit Of The Day

Dangerous Pumpkin

He looked at Beatrix in admiration. "Well you don't say. I knew there was somethibg special about you." He said. The radio news break struck Legacis a kind of odd so he broke out of character once again. "Black did you hear what I just heard?" His voice shook. He turned towards his companion he had a sinister grin on his face. His outfit immediately changed back to normal and he headed outside to grab a few things. Making his way to the door he turned back to Black. "This can go either of two ways. One we could ignore that and get ambushed like they do in the movies or two we could be proactive and set up some kind of defense for this place. I don't know about you but I have grown quite attached to this place in the few minutes that we have been here. The choice is yours my friend." He stated. Finally outside he looked around for a few items that might help him then he saw it. The only item he would need or has ever needed. His pitchfork which was forged from a metal that could only be forged by the strongest metals in the hottest fires his grandfather could muster. With that in hand he would be complete and ready for any attack. "This means war, THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!" He yelled.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
"Christ..."

This was something from a movie. The radio shortly cut back to the beat. Black was taken aback, he leaned back, pressing his back against the drink display and looked directly at the radio. That news report was a mammoth to take in. He directed his eyes to Bea, her thought made sense...too much sense. With a sigh he agreed, "It would seem so."

Black eyes then ran to find Legs talking about. He was curious about whether the zombies would even spread, but that thought was stupid. They always spread, hasn't Black seen every zombie film in existence?! Zombies eventually approaching this area while the bar is in progress is crazy. What Legs was saying started to make sense. Defenses were needed. No way will a cliche mass mess this up. Black looked at the triumphant find of the pitchfork and smiled. "Defenses sound like a plan. I'll leave that up to you."

A light bulb clicked, "You." He looked at Beatrix. "Help Legs with this. Something tells me you know how to hold a position."

HST Addition - "Halcyon Delibiration"Zè Brainchild - Shinku-Optic Blast
Theon had managed to finish sweeping up the floor and had taken to wiping down the tables when he heard the announcement. His gaze slowly lift from the table to stare at the radio, blue eyes suddenly filled with fear. He didn't know much about the others, but he was easily able to be voted the least likely to survive what was soon to come. Theon couldn't even sit through one of the original Zombie movies.

Taking up the rag he was using to clean, Theon moved on to another table, his mind reeling on what to do. Black and Legs were clearly boosted up with some sort of powers, and the woman named Beatrix was obviously able to handle herself. After making sure the rest of tables were cleaned up, Theon went over to where he'd hung up his coat and withdrew his cellular phone and made his way out back for some privacy. He had some calls to make.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
((Gotta go all. Once again, thank you everyone for joining and hopefully I'll see you all tomorrow. THZ on Friday! Let's make this something to remember. biggrin ))

Dangerous Pumpkin

Legacis was finally about to see the action he had been asking for. The mere though of the carnage that was about to take place put a sinister grin on his face. There was only one problem he was not on his own, for he knew he would have to protect his friends."I know Black and Beatrix will be fine it's Theon I'm more worried about." Whispering to himself. Knowing the only powers zombies had were the ability to swarm it was their greatest strength he had to devise a plan of defense. "Beatrix how good are you at building makeshift walls?" He yelled from outside. A small gust blew in this was refreshing to him it gave him a sense of calm and allowed him to focus on the task at hand. "Black I want you and Theon inside attacking from the windows make sure to keep the doors in the back locked and barricade the windows that you are not using as a position. Beatrix I trust that you are sufficient in weaponry given your profession. I want you to take out as many as you can and hold down the fort I feel as if I should go look into town for any supplies we may not have." He continued.

Searching franticly through the all the random items to find something useful he grabbed a two way radio set. "It's really weird that I have one of these." He said to himself. "Beatrix here catch!" He exclaimed. Grabbing one of the radios and throwing it into the bar it landed close to her feet. With its metallic casing the landing did not damage the radio at all.

8,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Hearing Black tell her to help Legacis defend the bar, Beatrix headed towards her bag and pulled out a few magazines and started to fill them with bullets. After she had a good 7 or 8 filled, she lifted her shirt to show a belt that had magazine pockets, which she dropped them in. Now that the ammo was taken care of, Beatrix took out her AR 15 and a small bag. She laid the gun on the table and retrieved the firing pin out of the bag, which she then installed it bag into the gun. A few clicks of the trigger proved that it was back in working order. Bea slammed a magazine home and went over to Legacis.

"Not so much good at making walls, but I can hold down the fort." She said, resting the butt of her rifle on her hip, "And sure thing boss." Bea responded and headed to the door. She opened it a crack and laid down, resting only the barrel outside. Hearing her name being called and then a rattling of metal and plastic, she looked down and picked up the radio that had landed near her feet. She turned it on and tuned it to the appropriate setting before returning her gaze back outside.
Outfit Of The Day

Dangerous Pumpkin

Contemplating his surroundings it was time to make a decision. Legacis turned to Beatrix he could hear the sounds of guns loading. "I think we should create a small barrier so we can slow them down I'll use my powers to make a pit around the bar if we can have them coming from all directions we are going to be up s**t creek without a paddle." The sound of hundreds of feet stumbling echoed through the now silent city. The air now thick with tension was filled with the smell of blood and decay as small gust of wind poured in. While the sound got louder Legacis turned to look and it was exactly what he had feared. The zombies were headed in their direction and a slow but steady pace. "I'm going to check their numbers Beatrix start on that wall I will be right back to help you." He yelled.
"...Alright, with an ETA like that I'm not gonna complain. Thanks a bunch." He said before clicking off his phone and tucking it away in his pant's pocket. Glancing to the now dirty watch on his left wrist he sighed, any minute now.

It was then that he heard it, the moans. Theon's insides turned to ice, and he bolted inside, barrackading the door behind him. Looking around he saw Legs and Beatrix keeping the front, and immediately he went about boarding up the windows that were still exposed. Glancing to the woman whom had the end of her gun sticking out the front door Theon then made his way for the stairs, needing to get to the top of the building.

If they drop my s**t in the middle of that swarm I am going to kill Jeremy! He thought to himself on his way up. Theon would be halfway up walking the steps when he heard something else outside, the quiet thrumming of a silent helicoptor slicing through the air. Eyes wide he raced the last few flights, bursting through the door in time to see it. The chopper flew in low, but didn't dare touch down on the roof of the decrepid building. Instead they kicked two large bundles and a heavy crate onto the roof near Theon, screamed something at him and took off.

"Some help you are!" He yelled after them, knowing they most likely were aware of the situation concerning the zombies and could have helped had they taken ten extra seconds to mount one of their gatling guns. Grumbling to himself, Theon remained on the roof, opening the containers and smiling happily at what was inside of them...

Dangerous Pumpkin

Legacis began to radiate his body was starting to change. "I could at least get a good look to see what kind of numbers we are dealing wi-." He said. A humming noise could be heard from affair and was getting closer could it be the zombies? No, it was a helicopter heading towards the halcyon. What was it doing there and who called it? Many questions popped into his mind but it was no time to worry about that it was time for action. The glowing finally stopped his body was fully charged with light energy. Legacis disappeared then reappeared yards away from the halcyon this continued until he was just flashes of light heading towards the zombies. It took mere moments for him to arrive at the head of the swarm. The zombies attention was on the man standing in front of them. It was not his impressive light show that caught them it was the smell of his blood. There were hundreds of them each more grotesque then the next. The reports were true the zombies were real and they donned top hats for some strange reason. The attacked in a drove of decaying flesh each trying to get a bite of Legacis. "Not today!" He yelled. Legacis disappeared from the zombies and headed back to the Halcyon. Shortly he arrived his face was stricken with sadness. "I have good news and bad news which do you want to hear first?" He exclaimed from outside the building.
Theon's head popped over the edge of the roof as Legs called out about news of some sort, there being both good and bad. "Bad news first, out with it!" He called down while reaching a hand up to turn a knob on the side of his recently donned headphones. Tuning them enabled him to hear things without any strain, and he'd been in the middle of fishing through the rest of his equipment when he'd leaned over to converse with Legs.

Hand still rooting through the large case that had been dropped, Theon's fingers wrapped around what felt like a metal hand with more joints than it needed. His sights turned to the case as he lifted it out, the sight of it made him grin. "Severance packages aren't too shabby. This will definitely come in handy." He said to himself, then continued to root through his new belongings. Working for an arms manufactuer certainly had it's perks.

8,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Beatrix had begun to build multiple walls to hopefully slow down the swarm somewhat with anything she could find. There were a few made of broken chair limbs and table, some of lamps and suitcases, anything that they could trip and fall on. She heard a hum and looked up to see some crates being dropped on the roof, "Hopefully some reinforcement of some type." She mumbled to herself when she saw Legacis running towards us.

"I guess the good news, but hurry up!" Beatrix told him as she hurried back into the bar with him. She looked up at Theon and saw something dull in his hands, and she grinned, "Got some more pew-pew's up there?" She called
Outfit Of The Day

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Black rushed outside to meet his crew outside, his face wrenched from the stench of the enemy. They were massive, they were many, they were...oddly well dressed? "I'll be back!"

He hopped on one foot, applying his full weight on the supporting foot. In one instant, the jolted to the sky, leaping higher than the Halcyon in one bound. As he waited for gravity to keep up, he saw it, the crowd of the undead, some fresh and some old. Black started to calculate the numbers involved, how many would break from the narrow path the bridge provided, if there were any of them behind the Halcyon. "We may need to split up..." He thought to himself "See if we can go and, huh?!" Black's train of thought lost him the minute he saw a striking pattern with the horde. Many of them were adorned with suits and even some other Victorian wear. The sight of this made Black almost forget he was in the air, "Wait, what?"

Gravity came back.

Fortunately this didn't phase Black as he landed to the top of the Halcyon with ease, sliding on one of the poles stuck on the roof. He looked at Theon and saw the new toys he was with. It was tempting, but Black was a person of the people. If he was going to interact with a zombie, he wanted to show it his hand....upside its head.

((Updated event post once more.))

Dangerous Pumpkin

Happy to see that Beatrix had built some walls to slow the impending doom down was an relief. Although the back of the Halcyon was exposed he new that these barriers would buy some time for the gang. Legacis looked up at Theon with concern which quickly turned into his trademark sinister smile. "They out number us at least 30 to 1." He yelled. He turned to Beatrix who was still building. "With that comes the good news and that is we are going to have an interesting day." He continued. Legacis walked into the Halcyon and sat down using his powers had left him a little fatigued. "I need to take a short break before I began of the pit." He stated. With the whole gang now on the move he new things were starting to come together.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff