Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
Victor Wolfe

Another drink? This would be his third. Fourth, if he counted the shot. "Sure, why not?" He didn't have anything better to do. It looked like he was going to be sticking around this place a little while longer. Victor took the last sip of his drink and placed it down on the counter. He pushed it forward and out of the way. "Maybe just a beer this time." At this rate, if he kept drinking scotch he was going to end up face first on the floor.
Victor's eyes followed Ai's gaze and landed on the young girl. It didn't take the wolf long to put two and two together. It was Ai's sister. When she spoke the girl's name it only confirmed the man's suspicions. "Minnie May?" His lips pulled at one corner. What a cute name. It suited the young girl, who was just as adorable. "You hungry?" He asked, noticing her rubbing at her belly. His tail began to wag at the thought of an idea. "Why don't you order something? My treat?" He smiled at Minnie May, then at Ai. His ears perked up suddenly and he blurted out, "Wait! You won't get in trouble again, will you? You don't have to get that beer if it'll cause trouble." If Maggie May wasn't allowed downstairs because it was a bar then Victor really shouldn't be drinking. He wondered if the owner of this place would mind if Ai's sister ate with them? So far he had a feeling that he would.

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
xxxx

Mood: Mixed Feelings
Theme:: Speaking Voice:: Singing Voice
"I'm not short! I'm height challenged!"

User Image
xxxx

When the wolf man began to speak to her from across the room Minnie May's eyes widened and her face flushed. Looking down and up again she shook her head yes. She normally would've ran into her sisters arms in fear or turned the other way, but she felt a sort of warmth from this man. Maybe it was her stomach over her mind or that her sister was speaking to him, but it was calming. Ai shook her head no,"I can't allow you to do that. I can get her food, but she has to stay up there during open hours. Being around all this is bad, she's still impressionable and as for my boss, he probably won't allow her either." Before Ai waited for an answer she hurried and got his beer and placed it in front of him.

Minnie May sighed seeing her sister say no. Pouting she began to go back upstairs and sat on the top of the stairs where she couldn't be seen unless people were coming up and down where some were. Placing both hands on her cheeks and her elbows on her knees she waited for her sister to come back to feed her. Hopefully it wouldn't take to long.

Golden Bachelorette

17,150 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

Ember Hikari

‘°ºO•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•.❀•.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•❀.•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•Oº°‘

Ember's focus was unaffected by the arrival of the new customers, blocking out any sounds they made while chatting at the bar. Her music was all that mattered to the fox, allowing herself to forget about everything else that lied outside of the tavern's walls. Her music was from memory, not even remembering the last time she had to use sheet music to play, learning quickly by ear to put together soft melodies.

Starting softly, her music began to grow a little louder with each song she played, slowly gaining confidence. The tunes were soft, though the songs themselves were not sad, rather peaceful. It certainly wasn't what one would expect in a bar, but it comforted the fox and no one seemed to mind so far. Finishing up one of her melodies, she stopped playing, picking up her water glass and taking a sip, curiously glancing about to see if anyone even noticed the girl had been playing, or rather had stopped.

✿˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●✿✿●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙✿

2,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
Victor Wolfe

"Yeah, you're probably right." Victor's ears folded backwards and he slumped downwards in his seat. He looked back at Maggie May, feeling guilty for leaving her out. Victor just wanted to do something nice, but rules were rules. He glanced back over to Minnie May, giving her an apologetic smile and a small wave.
Victor reached for his beer, bringing it to his lips. He stopped when he noticed an odd silence. It was odd because the room was filled with music earlier. His ears were up and they swiveled around. He hadn't noticed that someone was playing the piano, but he certainly noticed once she stopped. "I thought it might have been a recording. Too good to be real." He chuckled. Victor had a lot of respect of musicians. It was a talent that he didn't have, but appreciated. He sang in a band when he was younger. It wasn't the same thing.

Golden Bachelorette

17,150 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

Ember Hikari

The silence filled the tavern as her playing had ceased, Ember sipping her water and resting her fingers. Glancing around the tavern, her eyes settled on a man, ears having perked from the lack of music. A gentle blush crossing her cheeks, she gave him a small nod, grateful that he had acknowledged her, appearing to be one of the few. Sipping her water, she paused from playing, but remained on the stool, the presence of the large instrument comforting to her.

Taking the silent moments to glance around, she took in the tavern scene. The man appeared to be speaking with a beautiful young lady, who also appeared to work at the tavern. The snow leopard had gone quiet, surely drinking alone as the bear, whom she took to be the owner, handled other business. A rather typical scene, she was grateful that it was not rowdy, nor that anyone seemed to disapprove of her playing. Swishing her tail slowly behind her, the fox finished her water, rising from the stool to return to the bar for another.

Dramatic OTP

5,575 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • OTP 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vixen Moonshire
I'm sly and mysterious, you'll never guess what I'll do next

Vixen jumped slightly as the man spoke to her. She stared for a moment as she thought "I would like whiskey please..." she spoke softly. Her voice was gentle and kind, smooth like a melody. She ran her fingers through her ruffled blonde hair as her golden eyes looked the guy over. He then moved on to another patron and mentions his name and he ran this place, practically alone. She thought before speaking up again "Um, would that mean you're hiring?" she spoke and fiddled with her tail.

She took a deep breath "I mean, I have bar tended before and could really use a job..." she added ...and a place to hide out... she thought. She looked around at the alcohol on the shelves and she was indeed familiar with most of them. She looked back up to the other patrons and offered a soft smile, she was wearing a very light white dress that had a low back and a short skirt. Normally she wore nothing and kept closer to her animal roots but when she ran she didn't want to alarm people.

[[if that is too light, let me know guys]]

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
xxxx

Mood: Mixed Feelings
Theme:: Speaking Voice:: Singing Voice
"I'm not short! I'm height challenged!"

User Image
xxxx

Minnie May just smiled back and waved as well. How nice of him. Ai looked over at the two and softly said,"hmmm...she might like you, you're quite caring and kind. It's easier for her to talk to people like you. I mean if you still want to meet her." When she heard the woman speaking to Victor she smiled,"heeey~ good talents hard to come by! " Ai than turned back to Victor and said,"saaay, have you been here a lot? Do they play the news at all? This is my first time in this town even and I um...don't enjoy watching the news much.." Great cover, right? Now that she thought about it there were a lot of people here. Most seemed ignorant to her, but she didn't want to take a chance if her face popped up on tv with a wanted sign above her head.

Devoted Friend

5,875 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Hutch kept to the bar as the two foxes came up to it, he poured the blonde a light whiskey and passed it to her, then took a gracious moment to refill the glass of the one who had been playing the piano. He examined both of the foxes, and nodded to each of them. "Blondie, I can use you as a bartender, I don't have any kind of uniforms, just try and dress a bit more...modestly until I get some in." The black bear turned his attention then to the water-sipping redfur, "You little lady, I admire your skill with the piano, how about I offer you a job to play it? You'll get free bed and food, and you can play the piano as you wish, as long as you play it."

fragile goodbyes

Hutch left the two foxes to consider their employment as he attended to Karma, the gracious leopard waiting patiently for another drink, he took her glass and poured her another vodka, then, as it seemed his staff would be filling up, he decided to speak with the snow leopard once again, "Karma, you want a job here? All I need to know is what you can do, and you can work here...Better then working in a strip club, eh?"

Karma was about to think about his proposition, and then when he said strip club she bristled. "I want you to know, I do not work at a strip club. I work at a burlesque club. It is nothing like what strippers do. she almost growled, but she knew that she should handle this professionally. "I am a singer, and a burlesque dancer." she said softly, as she sipped the drink, calming her nerves. She knew that she would handle this professionally, and she would make sure that it would not reflect badly on her. "I am classically trained in dance, and studied under the best voice teachers anyone could ask for. I can do several types of forms of dance," she said as she finished off her drink and looked up at him. Taking a deep breath, she shrugged. "I can see why some people would think stripping is similar to burlesque, but I can assure you, they are different." she said softly.

Golden Bachelorette

17,150 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
The Arkham Monstrosity

User Image

Ember Hikari

Ember's ears perked as Hutch approached the bar before her, looking up graciously as the bear filled her glass once more. While she never had minded alcohol, the fox preferred to keep a clear head when playing the piano, able to appreciate it when no longer sober. "Thank you..." Being the first time she had spoken since arriving in the tavern, her voice was quiet, yet there was a gentle demeanor behind it. As he moved onto the other fox, she listened as the girl was offered a job, sipping her water. Yet, her tail stopped its slow swaying as the question was turned back on her.

Startled at the thought of employment, she watched the bear leave to tend to another customer. The idea of working in the bar was new, not having crossed her mind. However, the idea of being housed and fed just for doing something that she loved was pleasing. A gentle smile crossed the fox's lips as she quietly rose from the bar. Holding her water glass, she quietly made her way to the bear and leopard, giving a quiet nod. "I would like that very much, thank you..." Ember then turned to leave, not wanting to butt in on their conversation as she quietly returned to the piano. Setting her glass atop of it, she took a seat, letting her fingers lead her once more into a beautiful song.

Devoted Friend

5,875 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Hutch looked to the redfur fox as she returned to the bar, seeing as she wanted to stay, he grabbed a room key and walked over to her, tapping her shoulder before she began to play again and handed her the small bronze key "First door on the right, make sure and get plenty of sleep." The great bear then returned to the bar, taking another healthy swig of his dark "liquor."

Hutch took a moment to soak in what burlesque actually was, then after checking a pocket dictionary, he nodded to Karma, "Well the job is there if ya want it, in the mean time..." He extended his hand, a cheesy smile on his face, "Wanna dance?"

Karma laughed as he had to look up what burlesque was. When he was done, he gave her a cheesy grin, and she laughed as she figured why not. Nodding, she slowly slipped off her seat, and took his paw with hers, and soon they were moving over the empty floors. "I might actually take you up on the offer, would you mind if it was part time? I got a good thing going on at the kitten club." she said as she smiled up at him. He was a decent dancer, and she was a bit surprised at that. As they danced, she looked around the tavern. "You do have a great place around here." she said as she followed him along the empty space. As they danced, she closed her eyes, it had been awhile since she danced like this, it was nice being able to. Thinking of what she really should be doing now, she figured stopping in this tavern was a good thing. The people seemed interesting, and not a lot of places were this friendly with anthros. There were the clubs that loved the anthros for the perverse reasons, but this place seemed overall friendly to their race.

Golden Bachelorette

17,150 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
User Image

Ember Hikari

Feeling the tapping upon her shoulder as she prepared to play, Ember looked up to see the bear had returned to her, key in hand. Graciously accepting the key, she made note of where her room was, nodding. "Thank you very much. I promise I will..." Looking up at him, the fox gave a gentle smile before watching him return to the leopard. Her gaze returning to the piano, she set the key beside her water glass, figuring she would play a little while longer before retreating to her new room for the night.

Watching the bear begin to lead the leopard in a dance, Ember smiled quietly, closing her eyes as she began to play once more, her music accompanying their speed of dance so as to help ensure that the bartender that had offered her a job could enjoy his night with the young woman. Her tail swayed slowly behind her as her fingers traveled flawlessly across the keys, filling the tavern with music once more.

Dramatic OTP

5,575 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • OTP 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Vixen Moonshire
I'm sly and mysterious, you'll never guess what I'll do next

She smiled as the owner seemed to be happy about her wanting a job. Her cheeks reddened though when he made a comment about her very little clothing. These patrons were clearly more moderns then she was. She walked off with the small bag she had to the bathroom to see if she could find something more suitable. She found a pair of jean shorts that hugged her hips and a white baby tee that still bared her midriff "Well hopefully this is better than nothing..." she nodded. She told herself that as soon as she could, she would need to purchase or make some clothing.

She came back from the bathroom and smiled as music filled the room and the owner was dancing with the leopard. She headed to the bar "I would love the job, hopefully this is a little better. If its alright, I'll just go ahead and familiarize myself with the bar." she called back with a nod. She walked behind the bar and looked over the bottles and where everything was located, getting to know everything available. She spent some time in her travels moonlighting as a bartender so had quite a bit of knowledge. She hoped that this could be a little more permanent however.

Devoted Friend

5,875 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Hutch led Karma into the dance near-flawlessly, in his combat career, he had held many victories, and he had to know how to dance when all the formal events came, to honor whatever fighters were being honored. He nodded to the foxes as they came and went, smiling as he heard the masterful piano playing waft into the air again. The black bear gently twirled the gracious leopard, embracing her as she came back around, "Since it'll be part time, you can share my room, or rent a room whenever you come in and need to stay, if that works with you."

As the piano playing began again, and as the owner danced with a desirable fur, many patrons took to the empty floor, all kinds of pairings began to dance alongside Hutch and Karma, women and men, furs and humans, women and women, men and men, everyone was there to dance along with the masterful music, everyone seemed to be on the floor within minutes, everyone being jovial and courteous. Hutch eyed the patrons as it happened, giving himself another reason to be happy for opening the Gilded Paw.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff