Welcome to Gaia! ::

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
Come here closer, don't be shy
Cross my heart and hope to die
Keep the secret me and you
And seal it with a kiss

A bottle of wine or five sounded nice about now. Her nerves were on the fritz and the slight feeling of shame was beginning to sink in. How could the council even consider such a thing? How could she loose her cool and attack that weasel of a messenger in public without lighting the whole damn car on fire? She left too many live witnesses. This wasn’t like her. The council’s plan had really floored her.

She stared at the menu without actually processing anything written on it. Slowly blinking, she made sure the menu was held high to hide the shock on her lovely face. A feeling of nausea was growing in the pit of her stomach. How was she going to get out of this predicament?

A scratchy sounding female voice pulled her from her thoughts. Oh right. She was in a restaurant. She couldn’t just loiter here in utter disbelief. She blinked and glanced up at the figure who approached her. She placed the menu down to better examine the woman. Her exotic emerald eyes went blank and her face soon followed. Demons had excellent poker faces. All that rage and pent up emotion was bottled up for another later outburst. Her black hues gave the figure a once over. What the hell was this? A ******** cross dresser? The expensive clothing said male but she would recognize that figure from anywhere. While it wasn’t nearly as flattering as her perfectly sculpted body, it was certainly female in the way the clothing just hung off of it.

The blank stare prevented the look of utter disgust from decorating her face. Few things she hated more than the sexually confused. It was a slap to the face. Being a woman was a pretty powerful thing if you knew how to work it right. What was the word for this? p***s envy? She let out a heavy sigh and brought her menu back up.

“I will take a bottle of your best red wine.”

What had happen in the other car had nothing to do this woman. She wasn’t going to sit here and be interrogated by some man wannabe.

“After that, I want a rare steak. Hold the veggies.”

She closed the menu and offered it up to the woman. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t keep the arrogance out of her toothy grin.

In the shadows where it's hot
Know the risk of getting caught
Wanna taste forbidden fruit
And seal it with a kiss

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Once again, the lanky white-haired man didn't so much as shift when Manu helped himself into and out of the bed. He'd contently managed to wind most of the blankets around himself in a sort of haphazard nest of binding with no real intent of moving away from their blessed, snuggly warmth. Everything in the night had been delightfully quiet and despite all previous energy spent, Felix found himself resting quite amiably up until the point someone in the cars ahead began shrieking their lungs out. For however brief a time it just so happened to be. His pale eyes fluttered open at the sounds that greeted him from across the train, not quite registering where he was or what he was hearing.

But gods these blankets were so enjoyable. So warm and inviting and docile and friendly.
There was no real reason to be bothered with screaming lunatics when there were blankets. Fabric of the gods. With a soft coo of barely audible sound he pressed his eyelids shut again, comfortably smooshing his cheek into a wad of blanket folds. Happily, he began to wish himself back into a state of delightfully numb sleep.

Felix wasn't feeling any real inclination to lift himself out of the tangle of blankets now, especially with no apt sense of time or location on the train. It was around the time Manu had reached the distressed woman that Felix became dimly aware that the screaming had stopped, even though it had been over for minutes now. That reminded him of something important, though it was hard to think in his sleep-addled haze. Something... something about the screaming mattered...

His eyes flashed open at the realization, attempting to hurl himself out of bed in one smoothe motion. A movement that went seven kinds of wrong when all he did was rise up, lose his balance, and drag the blankets with him to the floor with a graceless thud. Although his face was alight with nothing but confusion there was no pause as he wrestled out of the fabric's snare, wriggling his way out until he was scrambling to his feet, not bothering to haul his clothes on- not that he remembered where he'd tossed those in the room right now anyway. Felix raced to the door and listened, and upon hearing nothing of immediate interest he threw it open and waited there a moment. When nothing of further interest sounded, he screeched out a question with utmost excitement down the passageway leading toward the lounge cars.

"HAS SOMEONE BEEN MURDERED?!"

Felix practically bounced on the spot in anticipation, eagerly listening for some reply of good news.

(( By all means, go nuts! Hopefully the lot of us can sort OOC from IC nonsense. ))

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
(( Oh my, so very entitled emotion_awesome . I think I'm in love~ ))

Manu asked about the incident, and he was greeted with a food order. Something about this whole exchange had him reeling with deja vu. This would have been how Manu might have spoken to one of the servants back on Thura where he came from. The hosts of the Misra royal court were quite. . . accommodating. Of course, in this instance Manu's patience was being strained and they'd exchanged only about a dozen words. He leaned over as the woman presented her menu, but instead of taking hold of the laminated paper he would simply lift a gloves hand and bat at the thing absently as if to say get this thing out of my face, skank. While Manu was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt a few seconds ago, he was suddenly feeling the urge to bore a hole into her memories and fry her brain. Such things, unfortunately, were simply improper. Manu didn't make any attempt to invade this woman's mind preferring to get whatever information he wanted out willingly.

"I'm sorry to inform you that I'm not a regular chef and thus the food may be below your standards."

Manu would speak as though coming from a place of understanding. He looked down along the end of his nose, his usual pouty lips suddenly taking on an irritated expression. He refrained from lashing out as he normally might as Manu was known to be the scrappy sort when provoked. Perhaps she just didn't understand that she'd done anything wrong, or maybe he was mistaken about who had done the kicking. In either case, Manu would simply turn on his right heel, angling towards the front of the car, and begin walking away. He was headed towards the kitchen to try his hand at grilling a steak. Though, as he took two steps he realized something.

"What kind of cut do you want? We have your typical porter-house, filet mignon, sirloin, and rib-eye."

Manu would speak as he halted, arching his back and turning his head to look over his shoulder at the woman sitting. At about this point, Manu would hear the sound of Felix's voice. Unmistakable, even at a shout. He thought of yelling back to answer, but his voice was simply too scratchy and hoarse to muster the vibration required.

Blessed Spirit

User Image

No answer? Felix giddily slapped one hand against the door frame, balling it into a fist of victory. No answer on a train full of passengers? Someone was unmistakably dead, that could only be the explanation for it. And that was wonderful. He turned so quickly to retreat into the room that he very nearly tripped over himself, skidding across the floor in his clumsy bare feet. First things first, he was starting to feel a bit chilled now that he realized he was lacking proper attire. Mostly any attire, really. It was something of a chore to find his clothes in the unfamiliar room, though.

Once located he wasted no time in dressing himself though, fingers flying with a practiced speed and precision. He practically threw himself onto the bed when he found his boots, yanking them on with one hand while his other hand flew to the scarf-like hood that adorned his coat. His fingers flew through its folds, digging around until he whipped out a comb hidden inside and brandished it triumphantly. Priorities had to be kept straight, after all! Even in the company of murderers and corpses, one had to be looking their finest. Not that Felix thought he ever looked anything but damned fine, however. So he promptly worked out any tangles in his absurdly long hair, deftly switching hands when he needed to haul his other boot on.

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
And seal it with a kiss

The menu dove straight into the plush carpeted floor. She gave a slow blink and turned her face so she cold gaze upon her smirking reflection. She didn’t like to discuss personal politics with an it. Fingers idly twirled strands of her jade locks around and around as she decompressed. The hired help was throwing a small fit. She licked her dry lips and glanced back at the cross dresser.

This whole train wasn’t up to her standards. Nothing really held up to her standards since her standards were the only thing that sat higher than the pedestal she had learned to call home. This trip seemed like it was mocking the privileged lap of luxury. Made her sick to her stomach.

“Porterhouse.”

She was probably get a side of spit or something else in her food. That action would only serve to push her over the edge. She would probably attempt to burn this piece of crap to the ground. As she watched outside the window, another voice shouted out. She gave another sigh and focused on the scenery. She hated nature. If she had it her way, she would burn it all down and all the animals residing in it. The vivid thought of scurrying animals squeaking while they are being torched alive brought a smile to her face.

She was mentally kicking herself for causing such a scene. This was supposed to be a quiet trip. A getaway from her everyday duties as queen. Ugh. She should have just went with the usual ensemble of maids and butlers. She tapped her nails on the table. For sub par food, she was waiting awfully long.

{{I, Rummy, is getting tired. I think I have one more post left in me.}}

And seal it with a kiss

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
It was probably best that Manu made no move to read the woman's thoughts. Had he been in there, he would have heard some things that would cause him to get all chivalrous and heroic to save the woodland critters. He was not unaccustomed to killing. Though, none of her thoughts would be privy to him. Manu just thought she was acting like a total b***h. Despite her horrendous behavior, Manu saw himself in her. Or rather, as he had been roughly one hundred years ago. He wandered off as she told him her choice, heading up to the kitchen without another word to her.

He would arrive in the kitchen unhindered by any of the staff. Manu had yet to hire a head chef, or any chefs actually, so he would have to do this task himself. He set to removing his gloves and washing his hands before continuing along. Grabbing an aged porterhouse from the cooler, he'd set it upon a wooden block. He pulled out his own dry rub blend, coriander based, and set to coating the outside of the steak with it. He'd let it sit for a moment while he went to turn on his commercial broiler, the only respectable way to prepare an aged porterhouse of this sort. After a few minutes, he'd set the steak to cook and wander off to find a bottle of wine to go with it. He'd locate a bottle in storage, a Syrah wine. It was a full-bodied red wine with flavor notes of blackberry, plum, and pepper; a perfect flavor profile to pair with a nice cut like a porterhouse.

In all, the prep would take about twenty five minutes, but Manu would have it to this woman's specifications. After all, her order was terrifically simple, albeit delivered with a bitchy attitude. He set the steak on a plate, which was then set on a platter along with the bottle of wine and a stem glass. He'd carry this tray out to the woman sitting in the dining car, and deftly he'd set her food in front of her and the wine bottle upon the table. He'd lay out her utensils, which he'd taken special care to ensure there were no water spots on, and her glass. Then, tucking the tray under his arm, he'd reach out to the bottle and close his hand over the top of it. Something happened around him, a little hissing and a near-imperceptible glow. As Manu pulled his hand away, the cork would follow without the use of a corkscrew. Manu would hold out this cork.

"Care for a sniff?"

Manu would ask as he moved it nearer to the woman's face.

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy
I like it høw I like it when I like it
And that's høw it isUser Image

User Image

User Image

{{How would you like me to exit?

I can barely keep my eyes open.}}User Image

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy
Yøu gøt a prøblem with it
If I want it then I get it User Image
User Image

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
eviliven lady

(( That's up to you how you exit deary emotion_awesome . We can hang this up, or we can put it on hold and save it for later if you'd like to continue abusing my poor tranny XD ))

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy

User Image

User Image

{{I will making something up!

I don't want you to be stuck on account of my need for beauty sleep! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It will prolly be a short post!}}User Image

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy
User Image

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Somewhere between getting both boot-clad feet firmly on the floor and walking toward the door Felix found himself seated neatly on the bed for another twenty-odd minutes, lost in thought while he re-re-re-combed his hair. He'd forgotten how nice it felt since he last had a moment to do this properly! At least now there was no sign of renegade strands of hair flying every which-way.

And sometime after that he finally managed to reach the door, fully clothed and ready to take on whatever delightful surprises were waiting for him that day. On his way to the lounge he started playing guessing games with himself about who was dead and how they died. Perhaps they'd dashed their own brains in while drunk out of their skull? Or maybe it was an old-fashioned strangling? Unlikely, he supposed. There wasn't usually screaming involved in those, what with the air supply being choked off. Maybe a shanking? It warranted investigation.

Though even as he helped himself into the rearmost lounge car there was... no sign of death? His eyes passed over the seats as his brow furrowed thoughtfully, trying to figure out where the body was. He made his sliding steps over to the bar counter and after checking it several times over he decided no cadavers had decided to crash here recently. Nor were they napping on the furniture, he discovered.

"Ifff I didn't know better," he called out in a practically sing-song tune, "I'd think this were already a tomb for how siiilent everyone is!" He invited someone to answer him and prove him wrong, pausing by the window closest to the bar counter as he cocked his head at an attentive angle. Or maybe no one was here at all? Sometimes he couldn't tell, which was unfortunate. Hopefully no one interesting was dead now. That would just be a shame.

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
eviliven lady

(( Worry not! For I too am in need of sleeps x_x ))

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
And seal it with a kiss

Finally. Her food had arrived. It didn’t smell too bad either. Almost made her want to eat it. Almost. She backed away from the bottle to stifle a yawn. Her previous outburst had left her drained. She waved off the offending bottle and person before rising to her feet.

“I lost my appetite.”

She straightened her back and brushed back her hair. A frown sat on her rouge lips as her relaxed mood turned sour again. She gave the deviant another disapproving once over before exiting the car. Soon she was relaxing in a quiet bed or whatever because the narrator of the story was feeling super lazy.

And seal it with a kiss

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy

User Image

User Image

{{Night!!! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I will subscribe!}}User Image

User Image
I'm just a little bøssy
User Image

Benevolent Spook

15,600 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Candy Fiend 150
Manu felt a sudden throbbing in the side of his head as he refrained from culling the tongue right out of this woman's face. He didn't let her see his anger as she got up and wandered off. He simply stood for a moment staring at the food he'd prepared waiting for her to get out of earshot. As that happened he'd whip his serving tray across the dining car like a brat. Feeling a little better at the release, he would calm himself down and flop into the seat that the woman had been previously occupying. He took a deep breath and exhaled, looking to the ceiling.

[******** c**t!"

Manu would exclaim to himself. And to think, Manu had acted exactly like her once upon a time. Part of him expected that she was going to trip him on his way up the dining car, or slap the trap up into his face before he could even set her steak down. In any case, Manu now had a big slab of meat ready for eating right in front of him. Then he heard Felix commenting aloud in the lounge car next to this one. Manu decided to share.

"Nobody's dead Felix, why don't you come in here and eat this with me?"

Manu would call out, hoping he was loud enough for Felix to hear. In the meantime, he'd set to cutting the steak up into a multitude of bite-sized pieces.

Blessed Spirit

User Image

While immediately thrilled at the faint sound of someone- and someone he recognized as pleasant company no less- his heart sank considerably at the news relayed to him. Disappointment flooded his features as he turned to face the direction he'd been called in. No one was dead? No one at all? Manu must be mistaken. Probably still suffering a concussion, bless his sweet little head. Though Felix swept his way across the room, giving a rough swat to a bit of solid seating he bumped into on his way. Chairs, thinking they could just litter themselves wherever! The sheer nerve.

Felix poked his head through the door when it opened, pausing before sliding in the rest of the way. His eyes roamed around as if searching for something even as he advanced skeptically into the new car.

"No one? No one attt all is dead?" Felix had narrowed one eye in disbelief, head still tilted as if listening very carefully for something. "How can you be so suuure and what are you eating?" He paused, a sudden thought coming to mind as he licked the palm of his left hand and promptly slapped the door frame with it. It didn't leave much of a visual residue, luckily. Aside from being gross. Nodding to himself, he then crossed his arms and waited expectantly for a reply at the door.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff