Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

A long dirt road leads away from the town, rarely travelled and all but forgotten. It leads through a dark forest and across a 100 year-old wooden bridge over a crystal clear lake. At the top of a hill, hidden by trees, lies the Haven, a sanctuary for lost souls. Dreary and dilapidated on the outside, a single candle glows from within, visible through the crack between the double front doors. You feel yourself drawn inside, finding it warmly inviting. A few simple words are roughly carved into the wooden door frame...

Welcome to The Freak Haven

Once inside you'll find a dim yet comfortable environment, warmly lit by candles and torches throughout. There are several tables with chairs, couches, and a bar to one side of the main room. In the back room are a few pool tables and other games, such as darts and video games. A trap door in the floor of the main room reveals a ladder down to the secret basement and a natural hot spring. Opposite the bar is another door leading to a special room referred to by the staff as the break room. Special permission is needed to go in there. Staff and resident rooms can be found on the second floor with staff in the left wing and residents on the right while guest rooms are found down the hallway on the first floor.

This forum is for role playing, hanging out, partying, getting away from it all, or anything your heart desires. A refuge for tormented souls, where you can be yourself and avoid the ridicule and shame thrust upon you elsewhere for being different. Within these walls, "freak" is a term of endearment. Non-freaks are always welcome!

Rules of the Freak Haven:

1. Tolerance for everyone. The only thing that will not be tolerated here is intolerance. If you have an issue with someone based on their race, sexual preference, nationality, newbie-ness, literacy, favorite food, etc. take it somewhere else. Violators will be bounced.

2. No fighting. Sparring is allowed, but don't let it get out of hand.

3. Please don't argue with the staff about Haven business issues. Don't bother godmoding them either, no good will come of it.

4. No bumping.

5. No spam. That means don't quote the rules, don't post massive amounts of emoticons, large useless images, etc. Don't stretch the page by pounding on your keyboard without using the space bar.

6. No advertising other threads.

7. Be respectful to others.

Freak Haven staff:

Original Owner/Creator: Ni Ama
Manager: Zackary 'Pyrohelix' Whiteforge (Pyrohelix/Pyrohelixia)
Co-Manager: Nadia (Nadia_A.I.)
Assistant Manager: [ darkie! ]
Head Bouncer:
Bouncer:
Bartender: Alex (Athrien Gothril) {Probationary position}
Chef: Kat (Ein Traum)
Entertainment:
DJ:
Head Maid:
Maid:
Waitress: Ivy (Lady Lotus Ravenmoore)
Waiter:

To apply for a job, contact Pyrohelix, Nadia_A.I., or [ darkie! ] and let us know what position you are applying for and your qualifications. Experience preferred.
Ever been to a restaurant that had a special place where you could write on the wall and it was ok? Well that's what we've done at the Haven. If you have a short message you want to write on the wall, just grab a marker in your favorite color and have at it!

Send a PM to Pyrohelix with the subject of "Haven graffiti wall" with your message, including the formatting you want, and I'll post it here. Please keep it brief or your message may be denied. Also, this is for regulars only, so please have at least 20 posts in this forum before asking.

*Places a cup full of colored markers on a small table next to the graffiti wall*

The Haven Grafitti Wall

Ni heart Mara

blaugh

A Demon Amungst you heart Northern Rose AKA Sweety!

I fart in your general direction.
~Silver

heart MIA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS heart

S2 Dark + Maxie S2

watching from the shadows, the Lovestruck Phantom waits

No one knows a woman's body like a woman...
Mistress of the Dark

FEAR MY AWESOMENESS! (ego trips alot)
~Neko Ring

Kyoko heart Kyoko
XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This wall has been sealed by Kanna_Void_Master
The Freak Haven art and banners!

[img]http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/444/tfhbanner5vw.png[/img]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

by H.kiba

Randomized banner!
[img]http://tinyurl.com/7pwn3[/img]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

by Ni Ama

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/why_am_i_here98/Gaia stuff/FreakHaven.jpg[/img]

User Image

by Lovestruck_Phantom
Photo album!! whee Memorable moments at The Freak Haven captured on virtual film for everyone to enjoy for all eternity.

User Image
BPS (bra/panty/stockings) week was a huge success! It all happened the week of 8/22/05. From left to right: RubyWolf13, dark_obs3ssions, Zurah, LadyMia, Ni Ama, Maraschino, Ohmyfxck!, Phedre_Montreve, Skittles is Meh, and Meax. Sorry if we missed you in this pic...
Freak Haven Employee Guidelines

1. Employees are expected to SHOW UP. Those who don't show up will be given a warning and terminated if necessary. It does not have to be every day, 3 to 4 days a week is ideal. A single "I'm checking in" post does not count.

2. Think of and treat the patrons as our guests.

3. Nobody gets ignored. We are naturally good at the initial greeting and serving food or drink if requested. If a guest is left alone with nobody to talk to, check in with them again.

4. Just as you, as staff of the Freak Haven are under my protection, you must extend that protection to our guests. We want them to feel a sense of safety here.

5. Newbies are welcome and we assist where needed. This does not include donations.

6. Don't call it a bar, but don't make others feel bad for calling it a bar. Correct gently if you feel it's necessary. The preferred term is "tavern" or "club", or simply "The Haven".

NOW HIRING

• Seeking warm-hearted individuals who understand what the Freak Haven stands for and desire to share that spirit with others.

• Prior experience preferred.

• Able and literate RPers highly desired.

• Please see first post for open positions, and read the description carefully.

• Be sure to review the Employee Guidelines in post #5 on this page.

• If you have modified your profile so your start date and previous posts link are not visible, your application will not be accepted.

NOTE: Bouncers are hand selected by the owner, as it is our most trusted position. Begging will get you nowhere.
History

7/20/05 - Freak Haven created under the management of Ni Ama
12/30/07 - Ni Ama leaves Gaia and the Haven for personal reasons. Has not been seen since.
11/29/09 - Freak Haven recreated under new management
-Blacklist-
Knight of Nine: Spamming and rude, inappropriate behavior towards staff and patrons.
A rugged looking man stands behind the bar, wiping away the last of the dust that had settled there. Finishing he stands up fully and sighs as he looked around, a single blue eye the visible beneath a pair of shades and shaggy red hair that hid the left side of his face. "That seems to be the last of it." He sighed one last time before he went to put away the rag.
User Image

User Image

Darkie stepped out slowly from the shadows, flashing a small grin.

"Good job..."

User Image
Zack smirked a little as he came back in. "Thanks. Took some doing but at least the Haven looks presentable now."
User Image

User Image

Darkie tilted her head to the side and raised her eyebrows.

"Oh? From that dusty, ghost town we had before? I'm sure."

User Image
Zack just shrugged. "Nobody else took the time to clean the place from what I saw."
User Image

User Image

Darkie shrugged as well.

"I tried in the beginning... But I couldn't keep it up. Too depressing."

User Image
Zack nodded. "That was part of why I had left for a while as well. But then I realized that I cared too much about this place to see it die." He ran a hand along the bar counter as he spoke, a small smile forming as he did so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff