Welcome to Gaia! ::

....... From beneath his tint red shades Him of the Crows would bear witness to the energy field surrounding the giant man as it consumed the wind blade almost effortlessly. Unfaltering in his stance would he stand, observing the clash of energies as his own ricocheted from the aura and into a nearby object. A sense of concern would fill Him of the Crows but for a moment until he noticed the man barelling towards him for his own attack. Without hesitation, drawing back the katana down to his side as he gritted his teeth, a surge of pulsating crimson energy would discharge from his feet that would send him sky-rocketing into the air. He would hate to retreat, so he didn't, however he would have to keep away as far as possible from that giant blade at least until he knew how to counter that barrier.

.......From this height he would fire off another one of his crescent winds though with the intended strike aiming for a different target, the ground. In order for things to work properly, timing would have to be perfect and with only a few seconds if that to count, Him of the Crows would have to move not only with speed and clarity but with precision. Glowing a white aura around the entire length of the heavenly blade, he would lash out an incredible amount of energy for his next two attacks. Paying close attention to the brute's foot work, but also considering how many steps he took and counting he would finally release the first strike in a gracefully powerful side-slash, and the other in the opposite direction but with the same movement going right-to-left. Much more violatile than the first, these two crescent winds would double in size making them even deadlier. In the strike of lightning, possessing zipping speed, the first attack would crash with a loud boom below the giant man literally splitting the earth. The second followed suite aiming to fracture the core of the barrier relatively close to the where it was struck before. Unlike earlier, with a greater amount of energy input to this attack, it would not just simply skim off. There had to be a weak spot.

....... Dropping from that altitude left a crushing dent in the ground where his feet placed. Lifting his katana, holding it out in front as he would wait for the man of the beast to come bursting through the debris and dirt clutter in the air, he would grip his blade tight for the match would not be over as soon as it arrived. He knew he was facing a tough foe, and for that, he would anticipate the worst so there would be nothing left of it to expect when it was all gone. Looking through the quiet storm, the predator would await his prey.
With a crash Zangetsu's great sword would impact nothing but the dirt beneath his opponent's feet. A tumultuous cloud of dust and debris would explode forward in the form of a shockwave directed ahead of the Black Fang carrying with it all the dust and obliterated rock fragments resultant from his great blow striking the unprotected earth. Zangetsu would promptly recoil as soon as his opponent nimbly avoided the incoming attack, his dark predator's eyes would follow his opponent's movement intently, as though he were an animal on the hunt who knew nothing more than to focus entirely upon his prey until it were dead. His head and gaze would therefore shift upward, following the trajectory of his opponent. Simultaneously, he would tug his great weapon from the trough in the earth he had created, leaving a great gash in the ground directly in front of himself. He would take a step back, as his eyes beheld the next onslaught.

"As expected. . ." the giant would grumble, a jaded expression glazed over his face as he perceived the incoming energy blasts. His reaction would be simple, and particularly subtle, tough to notice for one not initiated in the arts of chakra manipulation. For, since the start of their little scuffle it would be clear that the chakra which expounded from his form had been slowly increasing in amount and volatility. While only a few short moments had passed the amount of chakra swirling about him had become almost-entirely visible, relying to a knowing onlooker that its raw amount and potency had increased. Of course, this meager increase was not of Zangetsu's own volition, rather, the beast who loved fighting saw his proverbial "fighting spirit" raise whenever he was involved in battle, and therefore, the amount of chakra at hand seemed to expound further and in greater quantity. With this thought in mind, Zangetsu's reaction to the incoming crescent blasts would be simple:

Lifting his sword once more he deftly wielded the great weapon in one hand as though it were nothing more than a twig. From its resting position at his right side he would cleave straight up into the air with the massive blade. As he did so, that all-important chakra energy would coalesce fourth from him to his sword, causing the shining silver blade to glow with his dull azure energy. With one powerful upward slash he would seemingly release all that gathered energy, sending it fourth from his weapon in a not-so-different crescent of pure, condensed chakra. In effect, he had gathered chakra to his sword, and then released it following the upward-slashing motion, creating a flowing arc of chakra which blasted fourth from his sword's tip and which raced rapidly to meet the incoming blasts of his opponent. The crescent energy blast emitted by the Black Fang's sword were unique in that they carried the same properties as the sword which bore them, giving them an impeccable cutting-edge like that great adamantine sword. Resultant, Zangetsu's first energy blast would meet his opponent's in mid-air and the two would explode in a violent collision. While Zangetsu's own crescent of energy seemingly failed to negate his opponent's blast, he had succeeded in his plan: for as his blade of energy met the oncoming one the two clashed and Zangetsu's was consumed, but at the point of impact he had lessened the potency of his opponent's wind blade. That all important point of impact, at the decided middle of the wind blade would weaken its overall strength at that location. Therefore Zangetsu worried not about being struck by the attack, and in such a way he feared not moving forward, taking one unnecessary step toward the great wound in the earth he had created ahead of him he placed himself in harm's way.

It were as if his energy attack had cut the middle out of his opponent's, creating two smaller blades from the first and therefore, when his opponent's blades of wind impacted that volatile whirl of cerulean energy surrounding the giant they once again lacked the strength, provided by that all-important focal center, to prove as devastating as hoped. The two poles of the incoming attack would prove effective, at the very least, in momentarily shattering the Shield of Chakra, causing the swirling energy to dissipate into the atmosphere. But, they would strike no valuable target as the shield served its purpose: warping their trajectories enough to cause them to miss Zangetsu. The two parts of the halved crescent of his opponent would impact the earth to the right and left of the giant, inconsequentially creating two meager dents in the rock nearby.

It would seem Zangetsu had weathered the storm effectively, as he stood unharmed. He looked up toward the heavens, and toward his opponent, with a smirk, but as he did he noted what he had failed to notice earlier: a second attack.

With a snarl he pounced forward. After taking that first step into danger, he took a second one no to avoid it. That first step which placed him unnecessarily in the way of his opponent's first attack had simultaneously placed him similarly out of the way of the incoming second attack. With a quick second and then third forward step Zangetsu stood at the cusp of the great crater he had created with his missed attack, and therefore, he stood out of position to where his opponent had directed his second attack. The result would be that second attack impacting the dirt directly behind the Black Fang, missing him entirely. The dust and debris kicked up once again, as it had several times before, but no harm had been inflicted upon the giant, who stood with a grimace now at his opponent's inability to dent his defenses. He stood by, however, as the dust settled he made no advance and effectively halted his attack. It would seem, for the moment, that that dispersed Shield of Chakra were slowly re-surging, as chakra from within welled up and overflowed into the immediate atmosphere surrounding the Black Fang. In little time, the density was visible once again, that same flickering cerulean wisp of an aura darting around him as he had started with.

"Come on and hit me!" Zangetsu demanded, his sword clutched at the ready his cold, black hunter's eyes settled upon his opponent's shape as the dust and debris finally cleared.

{{ooc:}} How do you write so much? Lawl. None the less, will I get to my post.
( Mostly because I have to. Because I'm bad at writing and describing, so I like to make sure I get my point across.

Anywho, yeah, sorry if I'm lagging with the post-speed, end-of-semester is almost too busy. )
{{ ooc }} No, that is perfectly fine. Wish I could learn from you, actually.

And from reading your posts, that's ironic, considering that you do post very well.
( Well there's nothing stopping you, is there? ... from the learning, at least. Read and reiterate, that's how I learned. Not directly, of course, that'd be copying or plagiarism, or something. )

{{ ooc: }} It's a lot easier said then done, isn't it? I'll give it a try when I post. I tend to run out of things to say, almost. As if I don't know what else to do in a post.
( Yeah, I get that feeling too sometimes. It helps to be as thorough as possible, explain anything you'd think might be confusing. Also, throwing in a bit of extra description here and there helps, for flavor. )
{{ ooc: }} Damn I just posted. Gaia ate my ******** post. The greatest post ever. Gone. Consumed. Ravaged. Thrown away.

x.x

I'll post again, man. Sorry it took so long. Now, I gotta' muster forth some more inspiration. Or, the energy and time to write another I should say. - I feel so defeated. lol
( Not a problem, it happens to the best of us. )
Kurashu lurked in the distance, yellow astute eyes observing the nearby quarrel with interest. He layed low, in secrecy, taking mental notes of both combatants.

[1]
And then, Zangetsu was officially frozen.

Hrm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces