Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
You l a u g h because I'm different,

User Image

The sound of singing coming from the kitchen pulled her attention towards the door once more. She didn't recognize the song, but it sounded sweet all the same. And completely at odds with the Kate she had met. Intrigued, Ristar listened and wondered just what kind of woman could be cold up front, but sing so nicely as Kate was. She made a note to get to know the woman a bit better, without Reth around to bug her, before going back to her coffee.

At Kate's entrance, she smiled at the woman and waved in greeting. Her starry eyes looked over the food the other woman held and widened in surprise. Betting Kate had one hell of a metabolism, Ri sipped from her coffee and tried not to stare. The redhead had never really met anyone like Kate, so it was hard not to be interested in her.

"Afternoon, Kate." She replied to the other woman's greeting. "How are you today?"

Current outfit: Check avatar for details.

I l a u g h because you're all the s|a|m|e.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate shrugged a bit, spearing some french toast with a fork before taking a bite into it. Her cold features melted for a moment to look content as the sweetness flooded her mouth, but then she was back to the hard-faced woman she always was. "I'm rather well. Despite that I may have pushed my before-bed work out a bit too hard. I left myself feeling sluggish today... I'll probably end up in the rock gardens this afternoon, rather than going to town to see if there's any good jobs."

Starting on another piece of her French toast, her shiny black eyes move to the red-head. "I'm terrible at names. I remember it starts with Ris, and that's about it." She had worked alongside Anh for years, and could barely remember HER name. Reth had to remind her. "Are you liking it around here, despite the moronic jackass that runs it?" Grabbing a sliced peach, she pops it into her mouth next.

Name: Kate Miller
Where: Endless Time Tavern; Lobby/Bar
Mood: Ravenous

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

"That's good to hear. You look a lot better than you did last night, despite being sluggish." Ri replied, liking the way Kate looked in street clothes. At her mention of a rock garden, curiosity raced through the redhead and had her itching to ask about it. In the end, though, she swallowed the words and chuckled at the rest of the other woman's words. It didn't surprise her that she had forgotten her name, it wasn't an easy one to remember.

"It's Ristar, but you can just call me Ri. Everyone else does." She explained. At Kate's mention of Reth, her cheeks flushed slightly and her eyes looked down at her half full coffee cup. It had taken all night to get the image of his shirtless form out of her head. The feel of being in his arms, however, was bound to haunt her for a while. Shaking her head, Ri smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"It's definitely slower than what I am use to. But, it just has a certain feel to it that I can't help but enjoy." She admitted with a grin. The place reminded her of one her grandfather use to run, though the staff was very different than what she was use to.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate nods, Ristar. That was certainly different, but pretty none the less. Unlike her regular, boring name... but she did like her name. It suited her, despite being too... cute, sounding. If she smiled more, it would be perfect. But that was just a needless, useless action. What did she have to smile for? Her onyx eyes move to the woman's blue ones, tilting her head as she watches the woman pink a bit at the mention of Reth.

... ooooh. Kate took a deep drink of her orange juice to try not to choke. That was just gross. But then, Kate saw the man as little more than a slightly tolerable human parasite. He was a comrade, and nothing more. "The slowness is part of why I go to town to take jobs. I need to be in constant motion, or I get restless. I know the rock gardens is for relaxing, but I can help but move the larger boulders around and change the look every few days. It feels great to be so exerted after moving the rocks."

Her meal was already over half gone. On top of her monstrous appetite, she was fast eater. "Have you been out to the gardens yet? There are also flowers, if the rocks are too dull."

Mood: Itching to move.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

The way Kate looked at her had her flushing a bit darker. Yeah, she knew exactly where Ri's thoughts had gone. Cursing herself in her head, she tried to shut off the rosy hue on her face and refocus her thoughts. She didn't need to think about Reth like that. No matter how good he looked without a shirt. Not that she cared, or so she tried to tell herself before catching the Kate's words.

"I actually enjoy the peace and quiet. The places I usually visit are always so full of people that you can barely hear yourself think. It's a nice change of pace." She admitted with a grin. The city was full of people and life, which is why she opted for such a place as the Endless Time. It was a welcome difference that she was bound and determined to get more of.

"I actually haven't had the pleasure of looking over the grounds. Would you be at all interested in me joining you? I would love to see what else the place has to offer."

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate finishes her food and stands, rolling her shoulders. "Sure, I'll show you around. Let me drop these off in the kitchen." Scooping up her tray, she heads through the doors marked "In". Swinging by the sink, she fills it with warm soapy water, and sets her dishes inside. Washing her hands once more in an empty sink, she goes out the doors marked "Out".

"... one moment." Rushing upstairs, she swings by her room, and then back downstairs. Kate hadn't changed her clothes at all, but had snagged her giant sword, tying it to her waist. "Alright. Now we can go." She looks over at Ristar, and opens one of the glass doors. "Anywhere you'd like to see first? I've memorized the rose maze, with the fountain in the center."

Mood: Itching to move.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

Ristar nodded at Kate's words and finished off her coffee. Not wanting to leave a mess herself, she snapped her fingers and sent the cup back where it had come from. She made sure it was clean first, of course, wanting to make sure no one cleaned up after her. The last thing she wanted was for someone to think she was dirty and lazy.

When Kate returned from the kitchen and ran upstairs, a scarlet brow lifted slightly. Was she going to change or something? It wasn't long before the other woman returned, answering the question Ri hadn't asked. She now carried a sword with her, the one she had had strapped to her the other times she had seen her. The sight of it perked her interest, but she kept it to herself as she stood up onto her feet.

"We can go wherever you would like. I don't want to drag you anywhere that you find boring or anything like that." She replied, tucking her hands into the pockets of her jeans. Ristar honestly had no idea what the grounds held and she didn't want to end up irritating her companion with asking to go somewhere that wasn't interesting to the both of them.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate steps outside, resting her hands on her hips. She had a slight cheeky look on her face as she stares out around her. "Well, how far do you want to go? I can easily show you the basic gardens, but the maze will be a bit of an... adventure." She looks over her shoulder, pushing the unruly black locks out of the way so her eyes could lock onto those of the other woman.

"I'm up for any kind. I like to keep moving. To keep my blood pumping."

Where: Endless Time Tavern; Gardens
Mood: Exploring
User Image

As if he were on queue Reth Dropped into what the two girls were going. and by dropping in he LITERALLY dropped in. After the incident with Ristar He'd felt a little bad about the whole ordeal, went to wash his shirt, and while he was at it he went and took a shower and found new clothes that he could wear for however long he felt they would stay clean. Then he went back to the bar and did some work, which totally meant he wasn't really waiting for Ristar to return so he could apologize. That was just.. a side thing. Yeah.. we'll go with that. Quickly growing bored with himself and the 'work' he decided to take a nap, and what better place to nap than the rafters of the bar? Reth's thoughts exactly. So yes, Reth did drop into their conversation, faceplanting, well, bodyplanting onto the floor next to the two, and letting out a loud groan, followed by the popping of him stretching across the floor. "Damn it Kate..." he mutters into the floor. "Twenty push-ups." he then rolled over onto his side, eyes still closed and returned to sleep, that is until he was woken up otherwise.

Name: Da'Reth Rosenthal
Place: Endless time bar
Mood: asleep? aggrovated?

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

"It's been so long since I have been on an actual adventure. To the rose gardens it is, then." Ristar replied, moving to follow Kate outside. She didn't make it far though before the sound of something falling from the ceiling caught her attention. Reth was now sprawled out on the floor near her, the sight causing her eyes to widen in shock. Not sure what to do, she turned her attention back to Kate and pointed and the now unconscious man.

"Ummm, what should we do with him?" She asked, snickering a bit when he ordered Kate to do push ups in his sleep.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate's eyes narrow, and she stomps her heavy boots down next to Reth's head. She leans down, sneering at the man. "It is NOT my fault you're stupid enough to sleep up there, and then fall! YOU do the push-ups, you twit! WE'RE going out." She straightens up, resisting the urge to kick Reth. Turning, she marches back outside, now bristling with rage.

"Stupid old man needs to get his stupid life together. I don't need this." Storming off towards the Rock Gardens, she doesn't wait to see if Ristar is accompanying her, or staying to tend after the "Moronic Jackass!" Kate barks aloud.

Mood: AGITATED

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

The reaction Reth's presence caused in Kate had Ri jumping back in surprise. All she could do was stare. Not sure what to think, or do for that matter, she chewed on her bottom lip before following Kate. She might have wanted to stay and check on the unconscious man herself, but she had agreed to go with the other woman. Besides, if he could handle sleeping the whole night in the rafters, he was sure to be fine on the floor.

Picking up her pace, Ristar caught up with Kate and looked around. Evening was settling in and the cool air had her breathing deeply. This was her favorite time of the day. Enjoying it now, she tucked her hands once more in her pockets before turning to the woman at her side.

"So, are you two always like that?" She asked, figuring the topic a good enough one to start with considering what had just happened.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate looks over at Ri, and slows down a bit. She sighs softly and shrugs, resting her hands on her hips as she looks over the combed sand swirling around rocks and trees. "... pretty much. He was in the Unit a few years before me. When I joined, he had been promoted to Captain a small while after."

Kate kneels down, admiring the marks in the sand. "He didn't always act like he was... broken, I guess? He learned a very hard way that once you get promoted, you can't be friends with everyone anymore... he tried, and it failed. Badly. Then our Unit got rearranged, and I was one of the few left over from before. With the new crop of kids, he stopped trying to be their friend."

She looks up at the red head. "There's a good reason I left the Military. I don't like being ordered around. Everything changed... it was more like... we suddenly weren't soldier, but just expendable bodies. Our lives didn't matter. I left because I couldn't stand watching my friends 'break' and be unfixable." Her eyes shift back to the ground. "Not that I really have friends. Reth is more like... my insane Uncle that pisses me off endlessly, but I can't bring myself to fully hate because he's family and that's so much more important than how annoying they are."

Kate fell silent, not knowing if she said too much. Didn't really matter, but whatever.

Mood: Agitated

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

Ristar listened intently while Kate explained her relationship with Reth, intrigued by the back story between the pair. While she had only known them about three days, she still hadn't figured out just what they were to each other. Grateful for the new found knowledge, she stopped beside the other woman and looked out over the sand garden. The sight was rather beautiful, though she made sure not to get lost in it and stayed focused on Kate.

"I can only imagine what that all was like." She started, not sure just what to say. "I have friends who were in wars, watching those around them pass on as if they were nothing more than fodder. You can't really ever get over that, nor should you be expected to." Ri added, thinking her words sounded silly but knowing saying something was probably better than saying nothing at all.

"So, if you don't mind my asking, if he pisses you off so much, why are you here?" She asked, only to realize how personal the question was. Hoping she didn't offend the other woman, Ristar fell silent herself and turned her attention out onto the garden before them.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate looks up at Ri, her normally shiny eyes looking rather dull. As if the question Ri asked had an obvious answer. "... I was there when his mind broke. I know he can be normal. But it comes in bursts... leaving that idiot alone is incredibly dangerous..." Her eyes drop away, and she stands, wiping her hands off on her shorts. "I was one of the only ones who knew how to handle him. To help his randomness curb... and I left. He got worse."

She shrugs. "Say you have a friend. Not a best friend, or even a really good friend. But still someone you talk to on a almost daily basis... they have no family, and they get hurt. They can function on their own still, but they still should have someone check in on them every other day or so... if you had the time, would you? Not be around them 24/7, but spend an hour with them, for a few days every week."

Kate looks at Ristar, staring. She didn't spend all her time with Reth. She would kill him. The woman really just was around enough to keep a very loose eye on him.

Mood: Blank

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out