Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate did not back up or back down. Her eyes narrowed, hardening at the tone of his voice. The man was lucky she didn't stomp her foot down, or give a good kick to see if she could dislodge his head from his shoulders. "You fell down. It would seem you blacked out after we left. Can you stand?" Her voice held no emotion of concern or worry, but the nature of the questions made it clear that she was at least somewhat concerned.

Her voice stayed clear, addressing Ristar. "Stay back, I don't know how much he's there. I don't want him to lash out at you. I'll be able to contain him if need be, but it won't be pretty." There would probably be some lovely property damage involved if he lost control. Didn't matter too much to her, it wasn't going to be her things being broken.

Onyx eyes searched over Reth. She repeats her question. "Can you stand?"

Name: Kate Miller
Where: Endless Time Tavern; Gardens
Mood: Annoyed and concerned

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
You l a u g h because I'm different,

User Image

The sound of Reth's voice had relief racing through her. If he was talking, he would be alright. At least, that's what she hoped as she watched the pair. She honestly didn't know what to expect, especially when Kate spoke to her and told her to stay back. Would he really attack her? Not wanting that to happen, she took another step back and watched.

"Just tell me when I can move." She whispered back, not wanting to draw attention to herself. The last thing she wanted to do was have to protect herself. She might not have looked it, but Ri had a few tricks up her sleeves that would keep Reth from hurting her. Or anyone else, if it came down to it.

Current outfit: Check avatar for details.

I l a u g h because you're all the s|a|m|e.
User Image

Reth's eyes narrowed at her response, testing her to see if she was telling the truth or not. "I fell?" his eyebrows furrowed then, it looking like he wasn't buying it. "Where is squad seven?" He wasn't done asking questions. "Where are Palmer, Peterson, Kennedy, O'Brien, Miller and the others? Are they safe?" He seemed uneasingly calm despite his face being covered in blood from the fall. "And who's being contained? Who else is there?" he slowly moved to push himself up, but he kept his eyes locked on Kate, if anybody knew anything when he didn't it would be his best hand Kate. He did after all leave her second in command if something happened to him and the NCO. Slowly though, things began to fell into place for him. He wasn't really her captain was he? though why would she call him that. He shook his head then and moved a hand up to his forehead. "My head hurts...." he says quietly before looking down toward the ground.

Name: Da'Reth Rosenthal
Place: Endless time bar
Mood: asleep? happy?

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Setting her hands on his shoulders to help steady him, Kate sighs. He was slowly tuning back into the real world. "Come on Reth, don't be a dunce. I am Miller. My hair is just longer now. Are you here? We're in Endless Time. Your bar." She looks over at Ristar, and nods. "I had to say something you were familiar with hearing. Let's not scare your pretty new friend, ey?"

Keeping a hold of him until he could stand on his own, the woman spoke softly and calmly. Not in the barking manner she had before. Now that Reth was coming back to humanity, doing something that might add more stress wouldn't help. "Breathe slow."

Where: Endless Time Tavern; Lobby/Bar
Mood: Only slightly agitated

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

As Reth spoke, the tone of his voice was different than what she had become use to hearing. He was definitely the military man he claimed himself to be, right down to the stern undertone that demanded he be listened to. It sent a chill down her spine and had her fidgeting with her fiery curls, a sure sign of her nerves. Toss all of that on top of a heaping helping of worry, and Ri was just a mess. Feeling helpless, and hating it, she chewed on her bottom lip gently and waited to be acknowledged.

Kate's nod and comment had relief washing over her. She let out a breath she hadn't been holding and stepped a little closer. Of course, she made sure to keep a little distance between them, but she put herself into his line of vision. With a cautious smile on her lips, Ristar looked him over before lifting her gaze back to Kate for some sign of what to do.

Current outfit: Check avatar for details.

User Image

Reth frowned when she told him that she was Miller. Where was he right now to even overlook that. it was like he tripped again, and being wrong was something that never sat well for Reth. "Right... sorry." he then looked over to see Ristar, a soft red painting his cheeks as he looks down, feeling ashamed and embarrassed. "I'm really losing it." he whispers as he shakes his head, trying to gather his thoughts. "I can stand Kate.." he says softly, brushing her hands off before backing up a bit. "Thanks though." turning promptly he moved to walk inside, and toward the stairs. Whatever happened to him, it messed him up and bad.

((sorry guys, I've had a lot of work to catch up on. Didn't mean to hold you guys back for so long))
Mood: upset

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

The way he reacted to her presence had her smile softening on her features. He was back to normal, thank goodness. Ri opened her mouth to say something, only to have the words back up in her throat when he walked off. For a moment, she fought with following him or staying put. In the end, the former won out and she hurried inside. She couldn't just leave him like that, after all.

"Reth, hey, wait up!" She called out, hurrying to his side. "Are you sure you want to be alone right now? That was some serious stuff that happened back there." Ristar added as she looked up at him, worry dancing through her bright eyes. "I mean, if you want, we can talk about it. Or we can find something to help get your mind off of it." This was her attempt to make him feel better. She hated seeing the look on his face and wanted to do something, anything, that she could to get rid of it.

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Had... had Reth not only admitted she was right, apologized, but also came to terms at least a bit that something was wrong with him?! Kate's black eyes narrow, but she makes no move to stop him. He seemed rather embarrassed by the whole episode... shrugging it off on the outside, she turns and steps behind the bar counter, leaning against it. It felt nice to be able to feel the weight of her sword.

Slowly tapping her fingers in a slow, rhythmic pattern against the counter, the woman begins to space out. Reth knew how to find her if he needed something. Same as always. Though, with Ristar trailing after him like an abandoned puppy, she'd probably give whatever help was needed. Kate took a moment to snicker at the idea before her eyes slowly became dull, completely losing touch with reality.

It was something of a day-dreaming state. Peaceful, but not completely there.

Mood: Slight concerned
User Image

Reth was about to hit the stairs when he heard Ristar, those eyes moving so that he could look at her. He shrugged, not really knowing an answer to her question. She always had him giving her this quizzical look though, as if he were trying to figure out if she was trying to trick him with her question or not. Not because he didn't think she'd ask him those questions, but because he was not used to being asked questions like that. "I mean, what's there to talk about? My mind is all jumbled up from military and war, and I can't necessarily get that off of my mind." he tried to offer a smile, which didn't show. "There's not much to me other than military to be honest. It was somewhere where people would respect me for me. Well. until I got promoted." he shrugged that feeling off, and turned to her a bit more. "But you are more than welcome to accompany me though, I'm just going to go and make some tea and sit for a while." he tells her as he then proceeded to move down the stairs. Whether she followed him or not was on her.

Mood: Confused

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate continued to space out until a wonder guitar strumming rouses her from her non-existent thoughts. After a moment of mumbling and fumbling, she pulls a cell-phone, one that looked rather beat up, out of her right-hand pocket. "What is it, Palmer?" She snaps into the phone. Few people had this number, and even fewer dared to actually call it. Her eyes roll. "No. I'm not going all the way back to that frozen Hell you call a city." Her fingers begin tapping the bar again. "Yes, I said I like cooler climates. Not places that make Neptune look like the Sun."

She turns her head, watching Reth and Ristar for a moment. "... my final answer is no. I think I'm right where I'm needed right now. If you need my help that badly Palmer, you'll come to me." She hangs up, stuffing her phone back in her pocket. Bah! Old teammates trying to guilt her into helping them... no. Especially not if it meant that there would be three feet of snow, on a extra LIGHT day. "Forget that noise..." She grumbles, and glances down at her sword.

"... maybe I should go practice..."

Mood: Bored!

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500

User Image

His words threw her off a bit and had her staying silent. What could she really say in response to all of that? War was something she had never experienced, nor had she been in the military in the first place. She had never cared for the respect of anyone but her family, having never stayed anywhere for too long for it to actually matter. He was completely different than her in so many ways, and yet, she wanted to do something to help get his mind off of what had happened. Not knowing what to do with that particular thought, Ristar simply brushed it aside and followed him away from the stairs.

'Great, now I feel like an idiot and have no idea what to do. Staying quiet will only work for so long...' She thought to herself as she looked at her feet. The sound of a phone pulled her attention momentarily to Kate. A confused look fell over the redhead's features, catching the other woman's words as she passed her. Ri was tempted to ask, but swallowed the words immediately. She knew better than to ask about what was none of your business, so she simply smiled at Kate sweetly before returning her focus to Reth.

((Blah post, sorry guys.))

User Image((moving a day because ******** it.))

Reth sighed as he stared at the bar from the booth he was laying in. Perhaps he had gone a little to far this time. Perhaps he'd pushed it just a little too far. Just as he was thinking that his phone began ringing, which in turn had a groan escaping himself as he pulled the device and answered it. "Hello?" he questions as he leans back into the booth. His mood changed from upset to sour in a moment. "No, you go find somebody else for that. I told you already, I'm not going back to that s**t hole. I am done taking orders. Don't call again." instead of hanging up on the person, he opted to throw it at the wall instead which greeted him the sound of a pop and fizzle which had him responding with a content smile as he laid back. "******** it. This is better than being there." he says quietly.

Place: Booth
Mood: Sour/releived

[Shadowzeon]'s Prince

User Image

Kate opens the front door, and slips into the Inn. She turns and looks over her shoulder, glancing back outside before quietly shutting the door. Leaning against the closed door, she lets out a soft sigh of agitation. "I really should just cut my hair..." Shaking her head, she moves farther into the bar and looks up to see Reth hanging out of a booth.

"You're male, right? What is it with you things and long hair?" Her onyx eyes narrow. "I was trying to finish a job in town, and yet this group of jackasses just followed me everywhere gawking and making obnoxious commentary."

Mood: Tired out
User Image

Reth looks up then, seeing as he was halfway off of the booth and stared at her upside down figure. "Last time I checked I was male." he replies giving her an upside down shrug before moving his eyes from hers, to her hair, which caused him to smile a little. "I dunno Kate. I always liked your hair like that. It's one of those things that defines you. One of those things that reminds me that kate is kate." he chuckles a bit at his exclamation. "Sorry, I'm pretty tired right now. Haven't been able to sleep." as if on queue he would let out a yawn and slack a bit in the booth. "So what have you been doing? Catching all the young guys hearts with your hair?" he teases with a knowing grin. He could recall one of the first times he talked to her, and it was because of her hair. She seemed like a character and before being promoted he liked to have friends, thinking back on it a small smile places his face. "Those were good times.."

Place: Lobby
Mood: Melancholic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out