Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

You have been walking for days, in search of something or someone. Whether it be a long lost friend or just a place to rest your head, it doesn't matter. Whatever it is, your feet never stop and your mind keeps racing after what it is you are searching for.

After what seems like an eternity, you come across a bustling town filled with happy, friendly faces that welcome you to their home. After speaking to a few of them, they point you in the direction of the only tavern in town. You thank them all and venture out, finding the building fairly easily. No sign hangs from it, only the air of mystery and a longing you can't seem to place.

As you grow closer, you notice all the things the townsfolk had told you about. The lake that rests peacefully beside it, it's water still as glass and so clear you can see straight to the bottom. The lush forest that grows behind it, cutting off any other exit from the town other than straight into the building. The structure itself is both beautiful and welcoming, while still giving off the feeling that there was more behind it's cherry wood doors than what you could see. You are tempted to turn away from it at first, but the story of it's existence keeps you moving forward.
                      It was said that, years ago, a young couple would sneak away to this place and spend all the time they could there together. But one day, the young woman left her innocent love for what the people in the town had termed a demon. After that, he had remained locked within the empty building until the day he died. The townsfolk believed that her ghost still walked it's halls, even after it had been changed into the tavern it was today.

Of course, you believe this all to be some silly fairy tale and stroll inside all the same. As your eyes adjust to the light, you find yourself in a warmly lit room. A fire roars in a hearth on your right, giving a bit of ambiance to the whole area. Couches and cushioned seats litter the area before the flames, welcoming weary bodies to relax and sink in. Amongst the sofas and chairs are a few tables, with booths tucked into corners for those that wished for privacy.

On your left is the bar, an L shaped structure with stools in the same cherry wood color as the counter they stood before. Behind it, lining the soft blue walls, were bottles in every shape, size, and color. Whatever a person could want, this place had. To the right of the bottles was a door, leading to a kitchen that was every chefs dream. Only employees and the owners were allowed to enter, a sign on the door clearly stating it was off limits to customers.

As you venture even further in, you notice a set of stairs nestled in the very back of the building. One set leads upwards to where you can only assume rooms for vistors lie. Another set leads down, traveling beneath the building to what you can only guess to be some sort of recreational facility. Of course, the curiosity tugs at you so much that you start heading for them. The closer you get, however, the more clearly you hear another set of footsteps heading downstairs. Your tired eyes look up and spot what appears to be the form of a man.

Golden eyes widen at the sight of you, surprise racing over his features as he stops halfway up the stairs. The shock only lasts a moment before a smile curls over his lips. The same welcoming feeling in the tavern eminates off of the man as he closes the distance between you. He stops just before you and he holds out his hand, his way of greeting as his starry gaze studies you.

"Welcome to the Endless Time. I'm Reth Rosenthal, owner and keeper of the tavern. Is there anything I can get for you today?"

This is a recreation from an older thread that died. All credit for the original story goes to Ristar Black.

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

#1. Please follow all the ToS rules stated here on Gaia. They are, after all, the big guys in charge and they need to be followed first and foremost. You get no chances if you break any of their rules, you simply get booted. Fair warning.

#2. Please don't godmod or try and control any characters that aren't your own. I know this might be difficult for some people, but please try and control yourself. It's no fun if everyone always gets there way in here. I want this place to go far, and it won't if you all aren't willing to play along the right way.

#3. This is a semi-lit thread, so I expect at least a paragraph from all of you. That's four to six sentences, with punctuation marks to show where they end and begin. Now, I know that sometimes we can have writer's block and it's hard to belt out more than a few sentences, so I will give some people a break. But, please, don't make it a habit. It's hard to reply back to something that is anything less then what I have asked for.

#4. Please don't use any chat speak. I don't want to see any l33t words or (*) signs. I would appreciate it if you separated your words from your actions with quotation marks. That way, no matter what you are doing, we can tell if you are talking. Oh, and please make sure to either use italics or a different color if you are thinking anything. It's hard to tell if you don't, and we don't want any thoughts being taken as words by accident.

#5. Foxerton and Myself are in charge. Whatever we say goes, plain and simple. You get one warning from either of us; failure to comply after that and you are out. Unless you break a rule straight out and refuse to change the first time, then I will discuss a course of action with my associate and you will either be banned, reported, or both. You have been warned.

#6. I would really appreciate it if anyone that wishes to fight would take it outside. While the inside of the tavern might be incapable of aging or decaying, that doesn't mean it can't be destroyed. I don't want anyone blowing up, smashing, or injuring anything inside my tavern. I like it how it is, thanks!

#7. No one is allowed to kill any characters but their own. I know that this particular rule falls under the no godmodding one, but I have to say it twice because there are people out there that don't listen the first time. If you want to try and kill someone, you need their permission first and it has to be run by me if you wish to do it on the grounds of the tavern.

#8. If I, or any of my employees, are not around to help you out then the tavern itself will become available to fulfill any order that is needed from a customer. Simply tap on the bar or a table, request what it is you want, and voila. If it is a room you seek, please quote me when you get a key so I know that it happened and can add your name to the list.

#9. Myself and Foxerton, as well as most of the players that will be in here, have lives, jobs, and/or school outside of this little world. So, please, bear with us. If you are here and start a post, please post an exit. It really sucks when someone is left hanging, waiting for you to return. Granted, if it is an emergency, it is allowed but please let us know either in the OOC or with a quick post in here. Thanks all!

#10. All of these rules are subject to change on either my whim or the whim of my wonderful owner. If they do change, they will be bold and a large enough font for everyone to see. Oh, and one more thing, please try and have some fun!! We want this place to go for a long while, and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask either me or .

User Image

These are here just to give you an idea of what our rooms look like. There is no list you need to be put on to get a room; it's just like if you were going to order a drink at the bar, except instead of a drink, you ask for a key to one of the three room types.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
..................................κɑєdє

Kaede sat on the roof of the tavern, her wings stretched out on either side of her. The wind that caught under them caused her feathers to expand, which sent small shivers down her spine. Her eyes remained closed and her lips curved into a soft smile as she let the breeze hold her body upright.

There weren't many clouds in the sky today, just a few here and there that mimicked the shape of cotton balls. The sun shone down across the open plain where the tavern was settled, and it's rays warmed the angel's skin.

Slowly, Kaede's eyes opened and her pupils shrank as they adjusted to the sunlight. Bright blue crystals emerged from under her eyelids and she grinned to reveal perfect pearly white teeth. With one swift movement she propelled herself from the roof and glided to the ground by stretching her wings out. With a gentle thud her bare feet touched the ground covered in lush green grass. The girl tucked her wings in to her back and turned toward the front doors of the tavern. With a skip, she made her way inside to look for her usual company.

"Reth," an angelic and smooth voice called out. "I had that dream again! That one where I'm flying high above the earth. Where I can see everything!" She pranced around the tavern and she poked her head around different corners, looking for the owner of the property and her most trusted friend.

User Image
Reth Rosenthalfiller filler
T h exxx L a s txxxS i nfillerfi

Reth's eyes shot open when Keade entered the room, causing him to almost fall out of his seat in the process. He'd gotten good about pretending to work when manning the bar. "Huh? Oh yeah, how was it?" He didn't hear what she had said at all, but when he used that line it was almost universal for Kaede. Or maybe he was just fooling himself, either way it worked out. "By the way, seen sterling lately? I haven't seen her in a while..." it had been months actually, and Reth always asked the same question without noticing.

Glancing down Reth picked up the glass of water in front of him. He didn't remember pouring it or if it was kaede's. in fact he didn't remember if he had breakfast or not. Shrugging the man lifted the glass and took a sip, before wincing and putting it back down, realizing then that it was vodka. "Ugh.. that's why I don't remember." he says to himself more than to her. "Hey kaede, could you be a doll and get me a glass of water?" he questions as he looks up at her, hazel eyes watching the angel in-front of him.

Timid Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
..................................κɑєdє

Kaede continued her story and was oblivious to Reth's generic line he had always given her,
"That's the third time this week that I've had that dream, that means it's bound to happen. I'm so close, I can feel it in my bones!"
She skipped across the room to the faucet to get Reth his water.
"Hm?" Her wings twitched. "I haven't seen anyone in ages," Kaede exhaled as she placed a cup of water in front of Reth.
Her eyes then shot down to the cup in front of him and picked it up, holding it with both of her hands and pressed the glass to her lips, taking a generous sip. She twitched slightly as she swallowed.
"Silly Reth, what are you doing drinking this early?"
The angel set the glass back down and plopped on a chair next to him.

User Image
Reth Rosenthalfiller filler
T h exxx L a s txxxS i nfillerfi

Nodding Reth picked the glass of water up and took a large drink of it, finishing half of the class. "I haven't seen many faces either." Reth shrugged then, letting out a soft sigh before looking up at kaede as she took a sip of his vodka. "I dunno, how early is it exactly?" he questions as he looks toward the window. it was bright out, and he could have sword he could see the moon a second ago.

"I'm not sure..." he moves his hand to rub at his temple, he either had a hangover, a headache, or was just plain losing it still. "Days have been all blending together. I don't know." he gives another shrug, before raising his arms above his head. "I think somethings gonna happen soon though, I can feel it in my veins." he smiles toward kaede then, giving a teasing wink. "I mean, who could resist coming into a bar with a beautiful angel like you?" he chuckles to himself as he returns the glass of water to his lips, trying to get rid of that vodka taste.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff