Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

The white-haired gunman slid gracefully onto a barstool, leaning lightly forward on the counter.

"A bottle of whiskey will do the job. Whatever is the most expensive should be fine. I don't need a glass, either." It took a lot for alcohol to affect him, even when he was drinking straight from the bottle. And money wasn't really an issue right now, either, so he could afford whatever she wanted for the whiskey.

Lazily, he glanced back at the other man who had entered the tavern, before turning his eyes back towards the lady behind the bar. So long as the man wasn't trying to kill him, he wasn't all that concerned about others in the building.

Of course, if he did try to kill him, it could be pretty amusing. But tonight probably wasn't a night for fighting.

The man blinked as he was adressed and moved his head up to see who addressed him. Upon seeng the woman he blinked a few times, making sure that this person was in fact real. "Ah, Allright." was his responce as he moved to sit a few seats away from the gunman nearby. The man was on edge, the way he saw it these people were intruding on what was once his. "What would you suggest?" he asks quietly as he goes to remove the hood on his heavy cloak, revealing the mess of purple hair and fox ears behind it. He frowned, more than a little out of place.

Beloved Sex Symbol

The happy tune filled the air as two figures moved through the town. A few of the people smiled at the new arrivals; very friendly in there acts towards the strangers. The male if the group huffed irritated by the happiness that seemed to float on the air; his stone expression and cool attitude should of driven them away, yet it acted in reverse and drew them in. Hands shoved into the white jacket that covered up his upper half. Crystal blue eyes peeres forward ignoring the cheerful faces.

Yet his companion a female humming the tune was his opposite. She in turn greeted them with equal friendliness; as if having a child's mentality that everyone was good. This further annoyed the male. Traveling further into the town and following the directions given they arrived at the tavern.

With out hesitation the male presses into the place, neither waiting on the female or caring if she followed. Said female huffed in irritation the only sign of upset since entering this place. "Bane stop being a p***k" the husky voice of the female spoke to the male known as Bane. Rolling blue hues to the female he scoffed before he too spoke in a cold tone. "Not all can be happy Ania "

Moving into the light the female known as Ania shook her long hair out of her face to reveal her features. Hair a white color that fell into a icy blue midway to the tips framed her porcelain face. Eyes a frost blue that one could get lost in for hours on in, unlike Bane's crystal hues of stone. Looking at the couple though one could see similar features. The same porcelain skin tone, aristocratic featured and the same odd hair coloring. These two were not lovers by any means no these two were twins, alike in many ways but oh so different.

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

Cassidy Black

At the man's request, Cassidy flashed him a smile and nodded her head. Spinning on her heel, she turned her back to him and looked over the wall. She found the bottle she was looking for on the top shelf and huffed out a breath. As much as she liked her powers, she hated using them in front of others. There was always the off chance that one of them would get spooked by them. After a few moments of arguing with herself, she gave in and lifted a hand to wiggle her fingers at the bottle. It floated down into her waiting hand almost instantly, after which she turned back to the man and set it in front of him.

"This is the best we have in the place as far as whiskey goes. It's an old family recipe, and it costs only as much as you are willing to give." She replied, giving the man one last smile before putting the glass she had gotten out away. Once she was sure he was taken care of, her starry eyes shifted to the other man in the room. Another chill ran through her when she got a better look at him, the sheer sight of sending a flash of memories racing through her. Cass did her best to ignore him as she moved down the bar just in time to catch his last few words.

"Well, there isn't much I wouldn't recommend. I suppose it all depends on what you are wanting to drink. You give me a kind, and I will give you a glass of the best we have." She told him with a wave of her hand at the wall behind her. While she waited for his response, her sapphire gaze noticed the pair that walked in. Their bickering had a soft chuckle passing her lips, reminding her of a time long ago. The thought brought a momentary shadow to her otherwise angelic features, but only for a second and then it was gone to be replaced by her happy demeanor.

"Welcome to the Endless Time, you two. Please, feel free to sit any where and I let me know if there is anything I can get for you." She called out before returning her focus to the man with the foxy ears before her.
Shinsuke seemed rather content on just thinking about what he wanted to drink, as he usually did. He was allways a person to carefully plan things out before doing them. Looking up after a few moments, he smiles as his steel blue eyes locked with hers. Though he was smiling every muscle on his body seemed stiff, and not relaxed. "Whats the cheapest you have?" he asks before checking the bar. "Or.. Better yet, some milk will do fine." he says nodding. The woman before him was a spitting image of a long last fling. Which whas problably why he was staring. "You know you remind me of sombody... I dont remember her name, or her face. But she's at the back of my mind. and I think thats what led me here...." he says quietly. "Well, that and I havent been in this plane in around seventy years."

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

Cassidy Black

At the man's question, Cassidy opened her mouth to speak only to have the words back up in her throat at his request. Nodding her head, she removed the glass she had put away earlier and moved to the mini fridge she kept beneath the counter. It was a far more convenient way to keep things that others wanted than having to go back and forth to the kitchen. Granted, she normally didn't get requests for milk, but she wasn't going to turn a customer down. After all, it wasn't the money that she needed to survive, it was the company of other living, or somewhat living, beings.

When he continued to speak, she found herself nearly dropping her glass. "I don't remember her name, or her face..." Was all she heard, and the words sent a lance straight through her heart. Forcing her features not to show the emotions racing through her, Cass put an easy smile on her lips and set his glass before him. It was just easier if she didn't get too far into it, or so she told herself.

"Well, I have been living in this place my whole life. I must just have one of those faces." She replied, until she caught his last few words. Without even thinking about it, she muttered. "Seventy-three, to be exact..." As soon as the words were out, Cassidy cursed under her breath and moved to fiddle with something just so she didn't have to look at the man.
Shinsuke's eyes widened for a second as the memorys flooded back to him. Frowning he looks down and shakes his head as he was once again forced to remember. "No Cassidy.... 74 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days ago." he says quietly as bitter sorrow welled in his strong features. "Hell, I cant even pretend that I've forgotten the biggest mistake of my life. I deserve to be dead for it." he whispers, as the man slowly climbed off the stool. "And your not supposed to be alive still either... Thats why I came here." he whispers as he backs up, inching to the door. "I'm sorry Cassidy, I allways will be."

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

Cassidy Black

At the sound of her name, Cassidy stopped dead in her tracks and looked back at him with surprise dancing through her starry eyes. For a moment, all she could do was stand there and watch him. It wasn't until he moved off of his stool and headed for the door that she finally shook herself from her thoughts. He wasn't getting away that easily, not again. She had given him up without a fight once, and she would be damned if she would let him just walk out after all of these years.

"I don't want your apology, damn it! I want an explanation." She tossed at him, moving quickly out from behind the bar to put herself between him and the door. Granted, this was not the way she had wanted to handle her first day opened, but she hadn't expected to reunite with the only man on the world that had ever broken her heart. It seemed the fates were just not on her side tonight.

"You owe me that much, Shinsuke." Cassidy said softly, realizing that she was acting a bit out of character by her outburst. Flushing softly, she had to force herself to keep eye contact with him as determination danced in her sapphire eyes. It had been more than seventy years since they had last seen one another, and while she was still a little quiet with some things, she was no longer the innocent girl he had loved. She died the day he had left.

Beloved Sex Symbol

The bickering continued with the two so lings till they were seated at the bar. Greeting the woman in return, one cheerful the other with a broodish nature. It didn't take long till they were once more at it. Never the one to be out done by the other twin. Ania glared at her brother and in turn Bane glared at his sister. Sometimes he hated her head strong nature...reminded him greatly of their departed mother. Not that he remembered much of the lady.

"Two whiskeys on the rocks, please. Banes deep voice rang out through the tavern, not caring about interrupting a conversation. Ania swatted her brothers arm in annoyance; his behavior appalling.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

Cassidy Black

At the sound of an order, her starry eyes shifted to the siblings at the bar. Not at all bothered by the interruption, she gave Shinsuke a hard look that clearly told him to stay. She might have had customers to deal with, but that didn't mean he was off the hook. Cassidy was going to get the answers she wanted from him even if it killed her. Or him, whichever was easiest.

"Two whiskeys on the rocks, coming up." With that said, she left Shin at the door and sauntered across the room. Her slender form slipped behind the bar where she went through the motions of getting the siblings their drinks. It took about thirty seconds, since she kept the Jack on the bottom shelf for easy grabbing. It was something most people wanted, so it was smarter to keep it within reach. At least, that's what Cass thought as she set the drinks before the pair.

"There you go, guys. If there is anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask." She told them with a sweet smile, moving down the bar to check on the fanged man with the whiskey bottle. He had been awfully quiet, and she wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else he needed from her.

Dapper Genius

He watched the display of simple magic with bemusement in his sparkling eyes, nodding gratefully as she placed the bottle before him. From her description, it ought to be a decent bottle, certainly better than he might have expected.

He popped it open, taking a long and indelicate swig. Putting the bottle down with a contented sigh, his fanged grin reappeared. Rather than voice his praise, he reached into his red vest and produced ten large, golden coins. They were almost pure gold, and even if they were simply melted down and sold as gold they would at least be worth six-hundred dollars, if not more. He left the money on the counter for her to collect, before taking another long swig.

There was no sense being frugal with his money, and this was damned good whiskey.

His potentially-unsettling grin faded a bit as the arguing and angst began with another of the customers, some strange half-breed or fox demon. It wasn't that he cared about their business, but it seemed that flirting with the woman would be a little bit gauche in this situation.

Of course, if a fight started, that would be amusing too... For now, though, he decided to drink quietly. If things didn't get a little more interesting for him by the time he finished his booze, he might step outside for a quick smoke.

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
User Image

Cassidy Black

"So, how is it?" Cassidy asked the man with the whiskey bottle, having noticed the way he had watched Shin and herself. Over the last seventy years she had been alive, she had learned to read people. This one was easy, since there were many like him in the world. He was looking for entertainment, whether it be in the form of a pretty face or a fight. While she didn't believe she had the former, she knew he wasn't going to get the latter. Fights weren't allowed within the walls of her home, and she was more than capable of enforcing said rule.

While she waited for his response, her sapphire gaze shifted to look around the room. Everyone, other thean Shin, seemed to be alright. She made a note to look for some new faces to hire the next time she was in town before returning her focus to the man before her. Something about him had Cass thinking it a bad idea to let her attention leave him for more than a few minutes.

Dapper Genius

He glanced up from his bottle as the redhead addressed him, and he offered a small, cool smile. Gesturing towards the coins that he had left for her on the counter, he replied,

"About that good, love. Honestly, if you have more, I'd be interested in purchasing a bottle or two for my private stash." He liked to keep his "Bolthole" stocked with both bullets and booze, but good whiskey could be hard to come by.

"Hell, I'd even be willing to sell you a few bottles of my own private reserve, if you're interested. I have a decent little supply of Dwarven Firewhiskey, really great stuff." It was rare and expensive booze, and too potent for ordinary human consumption... But for tougher beings like dwarves, demons, or dragons, it was a fantastic buzz.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Thanking the girl Ania slammed back her glass before standing and moving far away from her brother as possible till the argument was far behind them once again. Sniffing slightly, the a** of a brother had said a few nasty things in there native language that upset her greatly. Pushing a few strands of hair away from the face her soft voice e slightly detached ordered something else. " Can I please get another whiskey please." Smile settling on her lips though not as bright as before. Icy eyes stares blankly in front of her, not really paying much attention.

Bane grumbled to himself; slamming back his own drink and then s few coins onto the counter. Turning on heels he exited the tavern to cool off and think about his words

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff