Welcome to Gaia! ::

She would never tell anybody this, but Maddy was a whizz at math, able to put trajectories together in an easy enough way that the remaining three balls, plus the eight would soon be sunk with one fatal jab of her pool cue. For a moment she remained leaned up against the table, continuing to nurse her beer as she studied the layout of the remaining shots before she chuckled to herself, and shook her head. She paced forward, bent over the table, gave the cue ball a short, sharp jab that set it off, ricocheting it around the table and successfully sinking her last three solids as well as the eight ball before she placed the cue stick down onto the felt of the table and walked back to the bar counter, taking her near empty glass with her. Settling back down onto her stool, she finished the last swig of beer and placed the glass down. “How about a refill, mister..?” She asked politely and oh-so-innocently, leaving the end of her statement hanging for him to place a name should he so wish.

Te only problem with her little trick was she hadn’t enough practice at the pool tables to be able to do that with more than three of her color remaining, so all in all, if the other player happened to be better and faster than her, she would lose every time.

Vicious Hunter

He shook his head at the shot she had made, impressed but really just happy that he hadn't put money on the game. He watched as she moved back to the bar, asking for a refill and followed behind her, grabbing his own half finished drink on the way. Walking behind the bar he took her glass and filled it up with the same beer as before and slid it over to her.

"You can call me Adenn.. That was some shot.."
          Nice to meet you Adenn.” She commented softly, settling herself more comfortably onto the stool before lifting her beer to her lips and looking over the rim of the glass at him, shrugging softly at his compliment. Or was it a compliment? Screw it, that’s how she was going to take it. “It’s just mathematics.” She said quietly after lowering the glass back to the bar counter and resting her elbows on the surface, her chin in her palms. She only had a moment to sit like that before the phone in her jeans pocket rang and she started slightly, digging it out and swiping her thumb across the screen before bringing it to her ear.

Neil.” She said quietly, eyes narrowed as she listened intently to the person on the other end of the line. “Are you sure? … Okay. … Fantastic, thanks for letting me know.

When the phone call broke a wide grin was on her face, and she dug into her pocket for a wad of bills that would surely cover the drink, tip, and plus some. She lifted her glass once more, finished its contents and then spoke. “Thanks for the game, Adenn. If I’m ever in town again, I’ll look you up.” She nodded as she stood, slinging her duffel back across her shoulder and giving him a two finger mock salute. “Catch you on the flip side.

With that she turned and paced out the door, on to her next destination on her journey of self discovery.

Vicious Hunter

He scoped up the cash she left and offered a slight wave of his hand as she left. The cash he put in his pocket before he grabbed his beer and looked around the empty room.

"Well.. Back to quiet.."

He shook his head and downed what was left of his beer.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
[[ Holy crap Adenn, I found this surfing Commerse. ]]

Vicious Hunter

BaconBunch
[[ Holy crap Adenn, I found this surfing Commerse. ]]
((lol. Well no one is really around the inn so I made this place.))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Adenn Jiriad

[[ Ah. I like it. 8D I may look into joining. For now though, just read the rules and I'm currently breaking one, so I'll get back to you later. c: ]]

Vicious Hunter

Adenn was outside, the sun shining down on him as he worked on the dark red rigid chopper that he rarely got the chance to ride these days. Getting everything back together he stood, wiping his hands on a rag before grabbing his beer and downing what was left. With a sigh he wiped the back of his forehead and started putting away tools, which he brought inside with him and put in the back room. Moving back out to the bar he grabbed himself another beer and turned on some music. It wasn't long before he grew bored and flipped the sign out front to open, hoping that someone would show up and give him something to do.

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
The sound of music, well, music she actually liked, had bright blue eyes narrowing from behind dark glasses. With the light dying around her, it seemed a stop was necessary. So, pulling her motorcycle over and into what appeared the be the parking lot of a bar, the slender form of a woman clad in blue jeans, chaps, a dark blue tank and a jacket eased off the still humming bike before turning the key to kill the ignition. Her hands lifted to remove her glasses, and then her helmet to reveal fiery curls that cascaded down her back to tease her waist. She cradled the helmet against her hip as she sauntered into the bar.

Once inside, she took a quick look around and couldn't help but smile. It seemed the stereotype for bikers had even found its way into Gaia as well. The realization of this had amusement dancing through her starry eyes before she made her way towards a nearby table. She hadn't missed the man behind the bar, figuring him to be the 'giant' the place was named after. Giving him a sultry smile and a wink, she settled herself into a seat and waited for him to speak. That is, unless he was the type of owner that was more the strong silent type. Then the fun would really begin.

Vicious Hunter

He heard the approach of the bike long before he saw the rider. He had been flipping through the channels, settling finally on one of the many poker shows when the engine to the bike was killed. He smiled slightly at the woman who walked in. He had been expecting one of the one percenters that normally made the trip out, not the redhead who now sat before him. He took a last pull of his beer, before moving to stand before her.

"Welcome to The Drunken Giant. What can I get you?"

((Long time no see))

Omnipresent Noob

A man in midnight blue and black robes stood infront of the door, gripping his cane tightly as he reached forward feeling for the door knob. Under his robes he wore a zip up leather vest with leather straps on D-rings made to look like a rib cage. His silver belt buckle was shaped like an angry skull and his black pants ended in leather biker boots. His name is Nolan and he lived just down the street.
Though he was by no means a biker, nor could he drive anything being entirely blind.
" Oh there it is" He muttered to himself as he grasped it and swung the door open. Nolan tapped his spinal column-looking cane on the ground to detect any obsticals in his path on his way to the bar. He already smelled of alcohol, and marijuana. The blind man took a drag on his cigarette and felt around when he reached the bar, until he found a stool to sit in.
"Something strong" he told the bartender before he could ask. " preferably in the whiskey department hmm?" he grinned and reached around in his robe pockets for his wallet.

Vicious Hunter

Adenn looked up at the man in robes and shook his head. He was getting all kinds tonight. He made note of the staff the man held and how he used, assuming the man was blind or was pretending to be. When he placed his order Adenn nodded then smiled at himself. A blind man wouldn't see the gesture.

"Coming right up.."

He set a glass on the bar top and grabbed one of his better bottles of whiskey, filling the glass and placing it before the blind man.

"There you go.. Enjoy.."

Eloquent Gawker

Hey what's this? A stranger? Well aren't we all strangers over the world of gaia. A young woman entered the bar. Well.. woman-ish. She wasn't just a woman. She sported furry ears on her head and a long tail following behind her. Was she one of those neko people everyone liked to draw and dress up as? Nah... she was something a little more special, not that she'd ever go out of her way to say so. She had long red hair that flowed freely past her shoulders. Her bright emerald eyes glanced around the room as if checking for any dangerous characters. One can never be too sure when wandering these parts at night. Too many monsters and dangerous folk that'd love to take a bite out of a seemingly defenseless woman. She quietly took a seat, straightening the wrinkles out of her skirt. A rather short frilly little skirt. She looked a little out of place to be wandering all alone.

Omnipresent Noob

Nolan heard the glass being set infront of him and after Adenn gave the word he felt around and scooped it up and drained it in one move. He was already almost drunk and had run out of booze at home. " gotta ash try anywhere man?" he asked feeling around the counter with his free hand for one.
The man lifted his head up exposing his bloodshot icey blue eyes, through his black hair. " Im Nolan by the way." He stuck his hand out to shake the mans hand but he was holding it out in the wrong direction.

Vicious Hunter

Adenn pulled an ash tray from under the bar and after grabbing the mans hand to shake it placed it on ash tray.

"Nice to meet you Nolan.. I'm Adenn.."

He looked up as another new face entered and this time he had a hard time not laughing. Adenn had seen a lot of things in his day, had even met a few creatures like the girl who had just entered. What he found funny was the fact that she was here, in this bar. It wasn't the friendliest place in the world and though he tried not to, his normal clientele could. It wasn't that they didn't like non humans, it was more that most of them liked to mess with those who appeared weaker than they did. Adenn, inhaled deeply, turning the smile on his face from one trying not to laugh to one of welcome as he addressed the woman.

"Welcome to The Drunken Giant. What can I get you?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces