Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
She nods her understanding and slowly finishes her cup in utter happiness. Once she drains her cup dry she offers Pope a gold and silver swirled coin. It was about the size of a quarter but the thickness of a button. Engraved into one side was a picture of a tree in spring and on the other was an engraving of a paw print. "Will this cover the cost of the drink? Since I did order it before our agreement was reached it is only fair I pay for it."
Suddenly she noticed a man standing near her with what appeared to be flaming orange eyes. She stared at them for a bit before she realised she was being rude.

Liberal Smoker

Pope pauses a moment before responding. "Well it's certainly my pleasure to entertain a learned man as you obviously are, what'll it be? A stiff drink? Food? A warm bed, you my good sir certainly look like you could use all three, whilst it just so happens I've all three of those in abundance." Pope pauses a moment longer... "Your eyes are quite unique if I may, perhaps one day you'll tell me about it."

Liberal Smoker

Pope picks up the coin and inspects both sides. He smiles, places the coin on the bar and slides it back across the bar. "No thanks Mia, it's very kind of you too offer but not neccesary. Consider it a part of your interview! Glad to have you on board." He says nodding gratefully.

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═ Ryuu Alarick Seraph ═╪

❝Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
                                            •••••••••••••• And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.❞

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╪
                                            Phoenix
                                            ♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚

Ryuu hesitated. Was he too obvious? This wasn't what his trip was about. He needed to act more normal, he decided. " Yes, I think I'll go with all 3 if it's not too much trouble. The best you've got. I'm not picky, and I trust your judgement."

He paused then. Slightly intrigued. " My eyes? A-are they frightening? I do apologize it's..." How could he even explain? He felt slightly ashamed now that this man had pointed it out.

♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚ ⇚╪═════════════════════════════════════════════╛

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Mia said quietly "Your eyes are beautiful." Smiling she refocused back on Pope. "Thank you. I should head over to claim a room now." She took back her coin and smiled to the company in the room.

Liberal Smoker

"Well you may choose any room to your liking other than Mia's, they are all the same but I managed to get a few Faktori bots so they could have it to your liking before you've even finished supping. We'll bring out a house special for you as far as that goes, it never fails to please OR flabberghast. Let's get you that drink." He gestures towards the bar. "Might I suggest two fingers of our finest hundred proof bourban? As far as the eyes, no, not frightening, intriguing is a more apt description, everyones story is their own to tell, I'm sure when you're ready you'll tell yours."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═ Ryuu Alarick Seraph ═╪

❝Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
                                            •••••••••••••• And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.❞

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╪
                                            Phoenix
                                            ♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚

The woman's comment caught him off guard. The firebird smiled awkwardly with a slight blush. he was about to thank her when the man spoke to him. " Erm... that's. Yeah, that's fine. Though, as for the drink, I think some honey mead'll do the trick." He rubbed the back his neck.

♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚ ⇚╪═════════════════════════════════════════════╛

Liberal Smoker

"Honey mead it is then!" Pope says cheerfully "Would you prefer your special vegan, vegetarian, omnivorous, or carnivorous?" He chuckles nervously. "The place itself has played host to many kinds of varying tastes, I read once that Malaclypse the Younger hosted a dragon for a fortnight...ahem, in human form of course." Pope gestures aound the interior. "As you can see, there wouldn't be enough space to host an adolescent dragon, much less a full grown red dragon." He pauses... Gazing thoughfully around the space. "Although sometimes I'm not so sure this interiors space is definate...Since I've aquired it things have changed. I-I can't quite explain it but when I first got here the place was actually larger and the architecture is different." He points at the jukebox. "That jukebox Pongo loves so much wasn't here when I arrived. Not to mention I never put it there... But hell, the ferret loves the thing so I'm not gonna just get rid of it."

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Mia walked along the rows of doors and opened the first door on the left. A small simply decorated room greeted her with a small window. She walked around taking in the cozy room before deciding this room will do quite nicely. Not sure how to mark this room as the one she wanted she decided to leave behind her black jacket as a marker. "Not sure if this is enough but it will do for now." She noted a small mirror by the doorway that wasn't there before. "Huh?" She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Habitually she straightened out her black and white skirt and her red button down shirt. Smiling over the small incident of the mirror she walks out of the room. Pausing outside of the closed doorway she hears voices coming from the bar and follows them. When she enters the bar she hears the words "honey mead". "Ooh that sounds good. May I have a glass of honey mead and a carnivorous meal as well?" Thinking about why she left the room in the first place she practically blurts out. "Oh! I chose the first door on the left to be my room. It has my jacket on the bed. I figured I should let you know."

((OOC: i was able to find a picture online close to what I was thinking of Mia looking like just picture the image with gold eyes rather than green.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Liberal Smoker

Upon hearing Mia's return and request he nods approvingly. "Meat-lovers house special coming up! Matter of fact I'm feeling a bit famished myself. I'll go get started...I think I'll cook a few of each and donate whats left to the more unfortunate. That's what I usually do when I can't make up my mind, which is always...So now whatever our distinguished guests prefer to have will be available. Mia, could I ask you to fix us all a tankard of honey mead while I see to the food?"

Pope turns to Ryuu "As our guest there's no set schedule for dining hours pretty much just let one of us know, or if you have your own preferences feel free to use our kitchen. You will find it well stocked. Although it's pointless...it's going to taste how you want it to taste. I wouldn't suggest trying to WANT it to taste bad, I don't know about you but I have a very vivid imagination, and lets just say I was scared to eat here for 3 days straight!"

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Mia smiles sweetly. "Of course!" And she runs off to find the honey mead and glasses. After a few errors she finally locates the mead and tankards. As she is about to walk off to serve the customers a thought hits her. "The dark chocolate!" Turning back she locates a small bar of dark chocolate. As she breaks it into small squares she arranges it on several small plates. Standing back she feels proud of herself and collects the plates of chocolate, the mead, and the glasses on a tray to serve the customers. "Here is your honey mead and here is your dark chocolate. Dark chocolate pairs up nicely with the flavor of the mead as well as provides a snack while the food is cooking."

Liberal Smoker

"Excellent suggestion on the appetizers Mia! I've always thought almost every spirit should be paired with food, unless you're playing a drinking game...That could get ugly" He chuckles to himself. "Food should be done soon, I got eggplant lasagna or spring rolls for the vegans, hummus wraps or poutine for the vegetarians, for the omnivores we got your choice of Jasmine chicken with rice or deep-fried porkchop with all the "fixins", and for our meat lovers we got your classic Turdurken or Salmon-stuffed pheasant wrapped in applewood bacon. Yea that should be enough for us three...or two? Perhaps Ryuu has nodded off already, he did look a bit tired" Pope says over the clatter of pots, pans, and glassware.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Mia grins "Thank you I also think spirits should have something to compliment them. As for our seating issue how about we set some aside for later in case people get hungry later in the evening? We can place out the food for those of us who want it now and if additional people come in I can help make more food." She glances over at the man with the pretty eyes. He definitely seems tired. "What room is his? If worst comes to worse and we need to carry him to a warm bed it would be nice to have that set."

Liberal Smoker

"You make a good point on all accounts, as usual." He says thoughtfully. "I'm sure we can just use an empty room until he picks one for himself...All the rooms are the same at first anyways so technically they're all our finest."

Pope walks out pulling a procession of interlocked heated serving carts bearing the varied cuisine.

"I'm sure it'll be enough." He says regarding the food as he places a sampling of the meaty dishes on the counter in front of Mia and refills the drinks. He goes back and grabs a variety of items for himself and returns to the counter. "Luckily the "local" wildlife won't disturb the food. They're all well fed and generally well mannered. Gwee, Ammo and Zeppelin were here when I arrived and now they stay underfoot like the soles of my feet." He says jokingly.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Mia smiles to herself. "I love animals but I cannot promise the reverse." Giggling a little she helps herself to a few of the meaty dishes. Delicious aromas wafer ever stronger to her nose and she can feel herself salivate with anticipation. Restraining herself she takes a reasonable bite of the food. Just the right tenderness and juiciness to make it a perfect dish seasoned just enough to give it a small kick without distracting from the food itself. A dreamy expression passes over her face. "Mmm" she found herself saying as she eats. After half a pheasant she says, "A girl can get spoiled here."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff