Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Smoker

The Discordia Bar & Inn
User Image
The Door to Discordia seems to be unique to the person entering the establishment. It's been reported in Durem, Barton Town, Bassken Lake, Atlanta, Winterfell, New York, Windhelm, D'hara, Dorne, Gilead, The Elysian Fields, Gotham, Midgar, Hyrule and even Limbo

Setting:
The Discordia Bar & Inn is hard to find when you're looking for it, but the moment you decide to stop looking and just go somewhere else, a flash of light in the corner of your eye catches your attention. The faint aroma of flax and cider drifts across the air as a door shimmers into existance where there was once only brick and mortar. The door has the word Discordia carved into the aged wood. Just below the inscription is a faded golden apple. The paint seems to have been applied hundreds of years ago if not longer and the door itself is remarkably unremarkable. The shimmering subsides and a thin bell rings in a thousand different keys as the door slowly opens....

About the Owner:
Most people call me Pope.
The full name is Pope Sheepshifter 82nd k.t.s.c. (Keeper of the Sacred Chao)
I was born a skinwalker in a community of druids from the Evergreen Forests and was enlightened to the path of Discord by Malaclypse the Younger. On one fateful day, Pope was drawn, almost magnetically to a strange door with a faded apple emblazoned upon it. The rest as they say, is history.

Anyways, I pretty much run the joint. I managed to aquire a few old bots from The Faktori and reserviced them to clean and keep the place in (dis)order. The bar has a fully functional bartending/innkeeping bot, although it's been set to accept only the lowest denomination of any particular currency. Discoria is a nonprofit organization. If your favored currency is sun-bleached gorgon droppings, so be it. We accept any token as payment.

We are a safe haven for anyone who needs to escape. From demons to vampires, faeries to humans. All are welcome and safe within the walls of Discordia.

On a side note, don't irritate my pets..Gwee especially, he's been known to take fingers. Which he promptly roasted and ate. (Your ring is in the mail)

((Pm me if you would like a position before you establish your character...we'll work you into the story))
Staff:
Mia
((bigxsisxsara))
Mia is the go-to person to talk to in my abscence. You may even prefer her when I'm here, as I have the attention span of a goldfish and she seems to always notice what I forget.

Bartender:
Avii
((KittenFox_Kira))
Lucy
((Elolus))
Vacant

Roomkeeper
Mia
Vacant

Greeter:
Vacant
Vacant

Bouncer:
Minya
((Kayte Adrastea))
Gwee
Vacant

The Pets in Discord:
Being a Druid, my affection towards all things living has created a personal entourage of furry, scaled, and feathered friends.
((As my avatar is my rp character, My pets will retain they're gaian names to make them easier to identify and cut down on confusion))

Gwee: A baby green dragon and the unoffical bouncer of Discordia. He can have a temper to be sure, but only when taunted. Gwee loves chasing Pongo and being read to.

Ammo: A dog bred to hunt ducks. One problem, however, His best friend is Zeppelin, a baby duck. Ammo spends most of his time snoring, unless that is, Zeppelin starts pestering him.

Zeppelin: A baby duck. When he's not aggravating Ammo he can usually be found lounging around the manager's office or perched on am empty peg of the coat/hat rack.

Pongo: A ferret with personality. Pongo and Gwee are eternal rivals and friends. They will compete for anything whether it's a toy or food. Otherwise you can find Pongo curled up atop the jukebox.

-----
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rules:

I'm not going to give you a giant list of things you can't do. Use your common sense and ALWAYS follow the ToS! If you don't want to post a whole paragraph...then don't. If you want to *lurks at the bar* then do it. Make a grand entrance or just walk in and say hi! Please treat myself and my staff with respect and just remember to keep it PG-17 and be respectful to others.

Thanks, Affiliates, Kudos, Etc.

Banner artwork Provided by Mia
Door artwork provided by Minya ((Kayte Adrastea))
Thanks Guys! whee

--Affiliates--
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Liberal Smoker

Liberal Smoker

Pope surveys his new establishment approvingly.
"This'll do just fine"
As Gree chases Zeppelin through the rafters and the other animals go about their daily frolicking and lounging, Pope checks the taps and puts the mugs on ice.

"Now if only I had a customer..."

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
"Hello?" A feminine voice calls out into the room. A face timidly peers from beyond the entrance. It is a young face of a girl with gold-ish hazel eyes slanting slightly upward giving an almost cat like look to them. Long dark brown almost black hair is pulled back into a ponytail. As she comes through the doorway she looks around. "Anyone here?" She calls out with a bit more confidence.

Liberal Smoker

Pope, walking backwards, carrying a full keg of elvish ale comes through the door opposite the managers office when he notices a guest. With the eyes of a deer in the headlights, he promptly drops the keg on his foot. Bewildered, he manages to speak through the pain.
"Ahh...H-hello there! I suppose I should first say Welcome to Discordia! Sorry for the odd behavior it's just we're a bit hard to find and we don't get many patrons. A-actually we don't get any... You're the first. Uhm, Yea so don't let that stop you, we have a near infinite selection of drinks on tap or however you prefer. I'm Pope! Owner, Bartender, Short Order Cook, Waiter, and Janitor" He smiles politely at the new arrival. "And I think I need a raise! Ha! What can I do for you today?"

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
"Well hello Pope, I'm Mia." I apparently am in a bar and inn called Discordia. Well that answers where I am. Still can't believe I managed to get myself lost again. "This is a nice place you have here. Could I have an Irish coffee?" Sitting in a chair near the bar she looks around and allows her mind wonder a little. "So how did you come by this interesting place?"
User Image
*~*Darriyah*~*
Current location: The Discordia Bar and Inn
Outfit for the day
Mood/thoughts: Fair
Song currently playing: None now

She had been wandering the streets for a while now. Her body ached, her stomach growled, and she was ready to call it a day. When she thought to give up, a flash of light around the corner of a building had caught her attention. She really didn't want to go investigate but her curiosity had won. Coming around the corner, she didn't find the source of the light. All she had found was a door. Where it led to, she didn't know but once more, her curiosity had won. She reaches up and pulls the door handle and wanders in.
It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but once they did, she had found herself in yet another bar. But this time, it had a different feel to it. So she decided to stay. Taking in a deep breath, she proceeded to the bar. Once there, she took a seat, her deep emerald eyes scanning the area which stopped upon a woman and a man who were conversing. She smiles lightly and nods in greeting as she sat back and continued to look around.

Liberal Smoker

"Hello Mia, it's a pleasure." Pope says as he prepares her Irish Coffee. He sets the steaming cup on the bar in front of her. "To be honest I'm not sure if I came to this place or if it came to me. I had been in this area a long time until I noticed the door there one day. It really has everything I need, I've got my pets; Pongo, Gwee, Xin, Zepplin and Ammo. They keep me company when business is slow. I've been lucky so far I'd say." Pope looks up from scratching a fleck of dust off the counter with his thumbnail. "So enough of my jabberering, what brings you to our...err my fine establishment? I'm guessing you just stumbled upon the door too eh? Tell me, was it in Durem as it was for me? It's always in the same spot but before I opened it as a bar I had a vistor who claimed they found their door at Bassken Lake."

Pope looks up to see yet another guest has arrived. "Ahh! I see I've hit the treasure trove...Two guests in one day! Welcome to Discordia! May I interest you in a drink? You name it, we got it!"
User Image
*~*Darriyah*~*
Current location: The Discordia Bar and Inn
Outfit for the day
Mood/thoughts: Fair
Song currently playing: None now

Hearing the man speak to her, a black wolf ear emerges from her raven hair and turns toward him. After it registered he was speaking to her, she turned her emerald gaze to him. She gave him a gentle smile and spoke, forgetting she wasn't in her native country. "Da, mai vreau sa beau o cafea?" Shaking her head, she sighed softly. "Please forgive me, I mean yes, may I please have some coffee?" Her accent was rather thick but still understandable.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Mia slowly takes a sip of the Irish Coffee in front of her. Her eyes widen and she smiles a slow grin. "Pope, this is the best Irish Coffee I have ever tasted." Slowly taking sips of the warm brew she feels the room get slightly warmer and her stiff muscles relaxing. "I actually have no idea where I found the door. You see I always manage to find a way to get lost in ally ways. I think I was in Vall-no Vill- takka? Tekka? Oh whatever. I am a bit of a wanderer doing small odd job to pay my way. I was recently a busgirl at a small tea house actually. That was very fun." Smiling she recalls the small hole in the wall place she worked at. Full of character and very open.
Turning she realised she rambled on while another customer walked in. "Oh! Sorry for talking so much! Hi, I am Mia. Come sit down!" She says with nervous energy before motioning to the seats nearby. Mentally she cursed herself for doing so seeing as she was just a customer herself.

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═ Ryuu Alarick Seraph ═╪

❝Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
                                            •••••••••••••• And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.❞

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╪
                                            Phoenix
                                            ♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚

It had been months since Ryuu had started on his travels. After leaving his homeland ha had been to many places. Sometimes he slept outdoors and sometimes people invited him in. Though, being a phoenix he preferred the outdoors where he could spread his wings freely and soar the sky. His human form, however, was far more convenient. Though uncomfortable. There were times when he even forgot what being a bird felt like.

He couldn't remember when was the last time he had being a bird now. He realized, this as he walked towards a building. A bar of sorts he had heard. At this point, it didn't matter. He was weary, and hungry. His human form anyways. And he was an adaptable person. So, without hesitation he stepped into the tavern.

He stood tall and proudly, his weariness unnoticeable. He hadn't been a a knight all those years for nothing.

He looked around observing the place quietly, carefully. He was glad to see other people around. The phoenix loved company. Smiling a bit, he stepped forward. Then moving his blue hair back away from his face, his fiery gaze observing his surroundings carefully.

♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚ ⇚╪═════════════════════════════════════════════╛

Liberal Smoker

"Well thank you for the compliment. Its not all that hard really, I think its the building itself, but things always seem like they taste just like you want them to taste. It's odd really, but I'm not complaining. And if you like the place I could certainly use someone around to keep guests busy when I get too boring. I could offer Room, Board, and Drinks." He says to Mia.

"And one coffee for the missus? How'll you take it?" He says indicating Darriyah "And thats quite an interesting accent you have, may I inquire about its origin?"

"By all the Gods, another guest! Hello Sir! How are you on this company filled day? A drink or bit to eat perhaps?" He says kindly to the newest arrival.

He shifts his attention back to Darriyah. "How rude of me not to ask earlier but would your furry companion like anything? We cater to all sorts." He points to Gwee chasing Pongo through the rafters.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
Mia's gold eyes widen and her smile grows even larger lighting up her face. "That would be lovely thank you!" Excited by the idea of being able to experience this interesting bar and inn through the eyes of a employee her eyes danced with mischief and merriment as she took another sip of her drink. As she drank she closed her eyes and looked even more so like a cat than before except she was now wearing a happy cat expression rather than a skittish one.

Liberal Smoker

"Excellent! For now since it's just us two, just float around and do whatever you feel needs to be done, I'll trust in your judgement." He says excitedly. He points toward the door opposite the entrance. "That door leads to the rooms, pick one and it's yours. Feel free to choose any of them. I've made my personal quarters in the Managers office and the pets usually just rest up wherever they want....Pongo's particularly fond of the top of the Jukebox for some reason."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═ Ryuu Alarick Seraph ═╪

❝Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
                                            •••••••••••••• And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.❞

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════╪
                                            Phoenix
                                            ♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚

The phoenix was distracted looking around. He could hardly notice the man addressing him but when he did he smiled brightly. " Why, yes." He said cheerfully. " I've come a long way. That would be much appreciated." He answered respectfully and went towards the man. " You can call me Ryuu." He introduced himself with a charming smile and curtsied, his eyes nearly glowing, flaming orange color.

♚ ───────────────────────────────────────── ♚ ⇚╪═════════════════════════════════════════════╛

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff