• Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
███████████████
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Monty♂
Tσ Nσt Һαve α iȘ thе Șin σf the EαrtҺ

❖❖❖

Monty sensed another being in the room while he played. He looked over to see Mags at the stairs. He smiled at her statement, and answered, "It's fine Magsy, everyone does it every once in a while. It's human nature." He watched as she came to sit at the couch across him. "It's rather good that you want to know me, also." He gave her a reassuring look as if she had done nothing wrong. She began to sing, and Monty admired her skill. "Very well," He chuckled as she finished her song. "I quite admire your ability, it reflects your soul quite well." Knowing his statement might confuse her, he continued, "You see, being a bard, I am able to read people from their singing and playing. I sense confusion in you, though. Confusion, and hurt." Monty's face turned more serious. "I, too, have hurt in me. So I can understand the hurt you have, or at least begin to understand it." He tried to smile, getting up and setting his lute in a corner to be undisturbed. He turned back to her. "Sometimes, no matter how hard hurt is, you must put it behind you and learn to move forward." His smile was more managable now as he sat down and leaned forward. He crossed his hands and put them under his chin where he stared at her with amber eyes. "Now, then," He said, "What's on your mind Mags?"

❖❖❖

★✩☆Șαdly fσr α Nσβσdy---TҺеrе iȘ Nσ ReβirtҺUser Image User Image User Image
User Image

All my life I've been good but now...she sighed and decided it would be safe enough to tell him. "There's this guy," She shook her head. "Rage, and I thought he liked me, found or assumed he didn't so I ran away from him. from the sweethearts and never want to see him again," her face purse angrily then she smiled. "It sounds so stupid now," She admitted, "But Rage is dangerous," She realized he'd met her expectations. "The ones I can with warned me about him, so I guess I was waiting for his fault to show so I could bolt," She put a hand over her mouth and blushed, "I probably should at least hear him out..." She was lost in her own world now, but having said it out loud she felt she acted very rashly, and unfairly towards Rage.

I-I-I'm thinking what the hell!"

3,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
███████████████
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Monty♂

❖❖❖

Hearing her story, Monty sat in thought. He looked down in concentration, only to meet her eyes again with his. "If he puts you in any danger, I'll deal with him." Monty shook his head, "I cannot lose another person to the frivilous nature of murder. You see, my wife was killed by bandits. You'll be safe if you stay around here. I won't let it happen again." Monty could tell that Magsy was contemplating what she had just said. "I wouldn't worry about him." He told her, "There are so many others out there who have more potential to care for you. If he's dangerous," Monty paused, "you should not stay around him." He arose to walk over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with some wine he had put in the fridge the other day. He walked back in and sat again. He sipped at his wine, the smooth flavor spreading in his mouth. Looking back at her, he said, "If you ever need anyone to talk to or you feel in danger, come find me." Draining his glass, Monty walked towards the stairs and turned back to Mags. "I'm going to town for a little bit, and I need to fetch Marcus quick." With that, he ran upstairs where he woke his son up to get dressed. Soon, they both walked down the stairs where Monty rinsed, dried, and put up his glass. He jotted down a quick note to Raynn saying:

Going to town for a few hours with Marcus. We'll pick up some supplies while we're out.
-Monty

He smiled at Magsy while walking out, holding Marc's hand as he bid her farewell. "We'll be back in a few hours, we'll be back as soon as we can!" Marcus looked back at Magsy and smiled, waving with his free hand as his other held Coco. While they walked down the path, Marcus looked up at his dad. "Daddy, I wish I could have said goodbye to Ezra." Monty smiled at this, "Don't worry son, we'll be back before you know it. Maybe you can even by little Ezra a gift while we're out." This idea had his son wearing a wide smile as they walked down the dusty road together.

❖❖❖

o o c ;; Hey guys, I'm going to be gone for a few hours but I should be back on tonight. See ya!
User Image

All my life I've been good but now...

she contemplated all he'd said, and watched how he was with his son. "They're cute together," She said it to no one in particular, "And he is a good father," She nodded knowing she could fall for a strong, sensible, smart, sweet, seemingly perfect guy. With a grin she headed to her room, to throw her hair back in it's customary pony tail, and switch the over sized T, and grey sweats for a pair of jeans and a camisole. With a nod to herself, she moved over to her kitten and stroked it gently. "Heya baby girl," She cooed before grabbing her Sherlock Anthology (She was a sucker for a good mystery) and curling up on her bed to read.

The kitten moved from her feet towards her chest and walked around in a circle three times before plopping back down with her head on her paws. Mags scratched Eve's back idly, and continued to read, gone in the mystery and intrigue of the sleuth.

-Meyonaka-Sakura-'s Significant Otter

Beloved Inquisitor

8,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImagebahUser ImagebahUser ImagebahUser ImagebahUser Image

bahEzrabahbahbahAutumnbahbahbahbahbahRaynnbahbahbahbahbahHollibahbahbahAleksbah
Layout By F a l l e n R a y n n

Raynn sat with Vivica on the grand piano's bench while Raynn played a song with her. They played a duet of a song that they had both grown up together listening to in their home countries. It was a slow song, which was perfect for Vivica as a beginner; she played the melody, while Raynn played the lower parts to create a harmony. It was, all in all, a very pretty melody that filled the tavern. Vivica's son, Ulrik, was in Ezra's arms and being fed from a baby bottle. His tousled brown hair was run through by Autumn as she watched him sleep. The two girls were so intrigued by the young life. Holli and Aleks watched nearby, while Aleks worked on a picture for Andromeda to cheer her up.

Once the song ended, Vivica looked to her three week old son with a look of pride in her deep blue eyes, and then glanced to Raynn. "Raynn, we must contact my father now and let him know of Ulrik's health." Raynn nodded and thought for a moment. "Does the king have his mirrors watched for contact?" Vivica nodded, knowing what she meant: scrying. The two women stood and went to the mirror near the door to the outside of the tavern. It was still dark out, and Raynn hoped that Monty and Marcus returned from their trip into town soon, before the temperature dropped too low. In a low voice, Raynn cast the appropriate spell to scry into the home kingdom of Vivica into the royal castle.

A mage soon showed his face, surprised. "P - princess! It's good to see you are well!" The mage spoke with the same accent as Vivica. The two women nodded. "And you as well, Sir Marrick. I'd like to speak to my father. It's of great importance." The mage nodded. "Of course, Princess Vivica. I'll be but a moment." And then he disappeared from the view of the mirror, leaving the two women alone with the children across the lobby.

o o c ;; x the song raynn and vivi play via piano. also, this post may continue into the next day [ january eighth ].

Blackbird, singing in the dead of night,
                    Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
                    All your life, you were only waiting
                    For this moment to arise.
User Image

Mags slipped unconscious after a story or two, and let the book fall to the floor, with her hand over the edge of the bed. A few hours later she woke and headed down to the main floor. She smiled warmly at Marcus and Monty, stifling a yawn behind her hand. She moved over to the pair and beamed. "Welcome back," She said, "Was it fun?" She asked, "I haven't been to the town yet, but I've ridden to the outskirts and it seems really nice," she stood there shyly, and blushed. "Sorry, you must be tired," she chuckled at her own naivete. "Can I get you two a drink? or something to eat?" again she blushed and turned to the other. "Or rather does anyone want something to eat or drink?"

3,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
███████████████
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Monty♂

❖❖❖

Later that night, Monty and his son arrived later than expected. Monty held a package of groceries, which he promptly put in the fridge and in various places where supplies belonged. Marcus stood behind Monty, looking up to ask his dad, "Daddy, can I put the present upstairs before anyone sees?" His dad smiled and nodded as his son stumbled off with a box under his arms and up the stairs. Monty hopped up the stairs to meet his son, who was already getting dressed for bed. Monty did the same, and soon, the two were fast asleep beside each other, with Coco laying between them.
Monty awoke early again the next morning, and swiftly arose to put on a casual outfit. His son lay in bed still, holding Coco close and snoring lightly. He smiled and headed into the hallway where he skipped down the stairs. He sat on the couch, and a half hour later Marcus woke to join him. They sat beside each other and talked, until they saw Magsy heading down. "Good morning Magsy!" Marcus said in a cheerful tone, squeezing Coco to him. Monty did the same, and waved at her. "It was fun," He answered her, "but we got back a little later than expected. Town is a great place to stock up on good supplies and good stories." He closed one eye when she inclined they must be tired. "Nah," He said with a smile, "Marcus and I always like to get up early. Except for the occasional fluke where we sleep half the day!" He laughed.
When she inferred about food, the pair's eyes lit up and Monty hopped up. "I can help you get some, that's for sure! We can whip up something to eat for everyone." Then he put a finger up in the air, wagging it like a parent scolding a child. "As long as we clean up!" He said to both of them with a smile. Marcus asked his dad for some hot tea, and a fresh cut apple. The man nodded, and decided he would give Raynn and her family a break on doing the cooking. He hoped she wouldn't mind, but figured she wouldn't as long as they didn't make a mess and cleaned everything they used. He turned to Magsy, bowing dramatically and sweeping his arm towards the kitchen. "Shall we?" He told her with a grin.

❖❖❖

ahe nodded "We shall," She replied and led him into the kitchen. "I can make pancakes with Chocolate chips," she said spotting bisquick and moving to grab the box, she opened the freezer and found a 2 cans of apple cider, reaching under the counter she found a pitcher and turned to Marcus. "Think you can handle mixing up the juice?" She asked her eyes twinkling. Then looking up with a more adult look at Monty. "And you can make eggs and bacon and Sausage," She finished. "I think that'd be a good breakfast," With a nod she turned to get the ingredients for pancakes.

"Oh and I slept early," She admitted, "I was reading my sherlock anthology, um my parents sent me it for Christmas," She didn't turn around, just focused on getting the ingredients out, and mixed. "I love mysteries," She's admitted. "They're kinda my weakness,"

3,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
███████████████
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Monty♂

❖❖❖

Monty grabbed the juice from Mags as she hurried herself getting cooking supplies. He opened the cans and mixed water with them following the instructions on the can. Looking over at her as he worked, he said, "Chocolate chip, eh? Sounds delicious, I have a weakness for chocolate myself." As he finished the cider, he mixed it well and set the pitcher down. He then grabbed an apple,cut it, and whipped up some hot tea which he promptly gave to Marcus in the dining room. Marcus sat patiently and smiled at his dad, "Thanks daddy." Monty nodded to his son and went back to the kitchen where he becan to fix up eggs, bacon, and sausage. This is a good breakfast he thought to himself.While he cooked, he talked to Magsy. "Sherlock, huh? Mysteries are always good. I like the way they make you always on edge, excited to turn the next page to see if your question has been answered." He chuckled, "I would have been a book writer if I wasn't a bard, my father always read me adventure stories when I was a lad. I guess it's natural to like stories when you're a bard, though. The Sea of Trolls, I must say, is the book that inspired me to be a bard" Finishing up the meat, he piled each on a plate for serving. He cleaned the pan with soapy water, dried, and started on the eggs. He used 10 eggs that he had bought at the store, made half scrambled and the remaining sunny-side-up. When finished, he cleaned the pan again and put it in its appropriate place, waiting for Mags to finish her pancakes. While she worked, he made sure everything they weren't using was clean and put up. Monty leaned out of the kitchen and called to everyone that breakfast would soon be made and to help themselves.

❖❖❖

User Image

Edited::
she blinked when he said the story that had gotten into his profession. "I'm not familiar with that," she admitted working quickly and skillfully to make sure all the pancakes turned out perfectly. She did about four dozen of them, sure they would go fast and in the process using most of the buisquick. At twenty one she hadn't really considered her future, and she paused for a moment realizing it. she paused a moment, "ya know, I don't even know what i want to do with my life," She admitted. "I love to sing, but I doubt I'm good enough to do so professionally, I love to write," She said turning the heat off and leaving the pan to cool as she washed the rest of her dishes.

"I've been so concerned with surviving, I never thought of school Though I did do well when I was in highschool, 3.9" She admitted. "But if I went to college? I don't know what I'd go for." She sighed and ran her hand over her hair.

3,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
███████████████
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
Monty♂

❖❖❖

The man looked at her with a silly smile. "Doesn't matter if you're particularly good at something, it helps, but all that matters is that you enjoy it. Someone could tell me all day long that I was a horrible bard, but I wouldn't have got to do the things with my son like travel the world." He shrugged and closed his eyes. "I think you're a great singer, as is Raynn and her children with piano, and maybe you should start writing if that's what you want." He opened his eyes, looking up at the cieling, "I studied a bit in college," he told her, "but I studied my profession with my Master." He furrowed his brow and pondered for a moment, then put up his finger like he had an idea. Monty hurried into the main room where he grabbed his lute from the corner. He strummed it a couple of times to practice, and started playing.

Sunk into a sea of grief, it's a bother to even open my eyes
And thus I'll be, endlessly falling - but won't anyone find me?

Where am I headed, what am I to do? Suddenly, a beam of light shone through
I stuck out my hand, and seemed to reach, but it was carried out of sight by the waves

Just what was that, I wondered, so warm and dazzling?
An unconscious counter-illumination... And who's the liar?

The deep-sea girl, sinking ever still,
Shut away beyond the darkness
The deep-sea girl, she yet wants to know,
Because she's found the one who captivates her heart...

Even in this place with no noons or nights, sleepless nights continue on
With your free wings spread wide, you were beautiful as you swam

And again the light poured down, and dazzled, we met eyes
You who noticed and looked back toward me, and I, the liar...

The deep-sea girl, sinking willfully,
Red-cheeked in the midst of darkness
But the deep-sea girl, who would bare her heart...
The black sea would still not allow her the courage...

My clothes have been dirtied so, my smile been shamefully warped
Do I look like I want to get along with anyone...? Just leave me alone!

I overflowed with feelings I couldn't voice,
And in the next moment, you suddenly vanished

The uneasy girl, she hurried
The darkness hid him, kept him alone
The unfree girl, she put out her hand
"See, you've been hiding brilliant colors, too..."

The deep-sea girl, pulling by the arm,
Sings a blessing of marine snow
The deep-sea girl, she wants to know more,
Because she's found the one who captivates her heart...

Leave this sea, and now, fly away...

The words Monty had sung were derived from a Japanese song shinkai shoujyo, that was translated by him a while back. He laid his lute back down, and smiled at Magsy. "Sometimes it's best to let yourself put the past behind you, and move forward though it is hard." His face became a little more solemn under it's joyful mask, "I think sometimes I should follow my own advice. We all try to be perfect, but we're only human." He shook his head as a faint smile played his lips. "Let's eat," He told her, "no need to drabble ourselves in sadness, right?"

With that, Monty grabbed himself and Marcus a plate and filled each with a bit of everything. He sat down at the table and beckoned Mags to join them. The food was delicious, and Monty filled himself up on the tantilizing meal while he sipped his usual drink of wine. His son dug in as well, smiling as he helped himself to each item on his plate. Marcus gulped his hot tea which had cooled down a considerable amount, and looked up at Mags. "Thank you Mags, and Dad, for such a good breakfast."

❖❖❖

User Image

She nodded and considered his words, with a small smile she took a plate and loaded it as well before moving to sit beside Monty. She poured a glass "Yeah, I should write, journal," she decided. "it'd be a good place to start if I'm to be go down this writing path" she she began to eat and brushed a strand behind her hair turning to him. "maybe we could go to the town? I could use a guide and some notebooks to journal in," She blushed. "if you wouldn't mind," She looked at him from under her lashes.

"We'd just go as friends, of course,"

-Meyonaka-Sakura-'s Significant Otter

Beloved Inquisitor

8,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImagebahUser ImagebahUser ImagebahUser ImagebahUser Image

bahEzrabahbahbahAutumnbahbahbahbahbahRaynnbahbahbahbahbahHollibahbahbahAleksbah
Layout By F a l l e n R a y n n

Raynn turned to Monty, Marcus, and Mags as they played songs together, and gently smiled. Maybe this was the sort of environment that the girl needed. As Vivica and Raynn waited for the king to arrive in front of the mirror, Raynn's thoughts drifted towards Rage. She wondered when he would appear out of nowhere, as he usually did, and how he would do it. The trip that he'd made before they left and when he refused to see Ezra, Autumn, and Andromeda made her realize that maybe he was on a path to rediscover himself. Truly, it was what Raynn hoped; for his sake and for her oldest daughters.

Suddenly, the king appeared in front of the mirror with a look of relief on his face, which was lined with age lines that made the long years of war and betrayal apparent. "Oh, thank the Goddess you are alive, my Vivica. And your son? He lives?" The utter worry in his voice reflected out of the mirror in a slight distortion.

Vivica held a gentle smile on her lips. "Father, Ulrik lives, and all thanks to Raynn. With her creative healing method, she was able to save him and develop as a normal baby should." Raynn glanced away, embarrassed by her praise, and the king looked at her expectantly. "Please, tell me how you saved Ulrik."

Ezra, still holding baby Ulrik, stood and carefully cradled the three week old in her arms. She wanted to find Marcus and show him the baby, since Vivica hadn't let him out of the room since her mother had let him out of the water sac that she made for him. It would be the first time a lot of the people in the tavern had met him. Spotting Marcus with Monty and Mags, she went up to them with a broad smile on her lips. "Look who finally came down!" she boasted, showing the little baby's face. Ulrik blinked his sleepy eyes and moved his arms to shield himself from the light.

Blackbird, singing in the dead of night,
                    Take these broken wings and learn to fly.
                    All your life, you were only waiting
                    For this moment to arise.
Taylor My Lovly

User Image

Taylor touched up a painting she was attempting to finish up. She put on a very beautiful white dress. She wore some makeup but didn't do much with her hair. She wasn't looking for anyone, but she was looking for a nice drink.
"Excuse me, I'd like a nice cold glass of beer, make it a light one, I don't want to get drunk, just need to relax a bit."
She said to the bartender. She spun her chair around and looked out at the bar area. She didn't recognize anyone she knew, but saw a lovely red headed man. She didn't bother keeping her eyes on him, on the account she was a sweet kitty, and she was waiting for a Lion to sweep her off of her feet.

Taylor waited at the bar for the bartender to fill out her order. She needed to relax a bit before she went into town and sold her amazing paintings. She didn't haven't any trouble selling her paintings as she was an amazing artist.
Taylor grabbed her glass and walked over to a table where she soon pulled out a cigarette. Taylor didn't smoke all the time but it did relieve stress. She thought about her family whom she left so many years ago. she hadn't had a good life, but she knew she wouldn't change the choices she had already made. Taylor was a beautiful girl whom of which was getting a couple of stares from guys across the room. She was a cute little kitty, in a room of men in Lion costumes; she wanted to meet the real Lion amongst these sheep in Lion clothing.
User Image

Mags nodded at the request and moved to grant it. "Of course Ma'am," She assured her. "One beer, any particular brand I can get you?" She moved to the counter and examined their selection. "We've got, Bud, Coors, and bunch of foreign beers I could probably not pronounce if i tried, but I will if you need me to," She blushed, foreign languages had never been her forte. She waited for her response, Mags was interested in stories, peoples stories always fascinated her. "So, if I may ask? What brings you to our humble inn?" She mused innocently enough. "And as for a place to rest," She nodded towards Raynn and Vivica. "They are the owners, but I don't think they would mind,"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces