Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

She was surprised. From the way his tail had been thrashing about only moments ago he seemed to be pretty reasonable about not getting a drink. Vee chuckled inwardly, about to pull Jeff back up before he leaned over too far and fell off the stool. Just as she brought a hand up he seemed to correct himself just so she sat in her seat with her legs crossed, the split in her dress showing more leg than she may have realized, positioned so that she could see the crowd of people as she leaned back against the bar on her elbows.

She had gone back to people watching as she thought of how she could possibly get out of the room. It certainly wasn’t a good thing for her to be wide open at the scene of a murder. Not many people knew about her but she feared his bouncers might. When Jeff touched her shoulder she turned her face to look at him and narrowed her eyes as if to say he was nuts. “You think so? Lets see if you say that when your cash cow suddenly gets killed,” she stated with a smirk then nodded to his whispered question. “Yea, I’ve been talking to you for a good while right?” she whispered back then started to speak in a voice that was above a whisper but still low. “Besides, I haven’t left the floor all night. Surely someone can justify seeing me at all moments.” Well, there was that one time she had walked into the wrong room in an attempt to find the lady’s room but what did that matter. It mattered a lot in her case as she handled a lot of illegal business in not so legal ways and very much under the table. It wouldn’t have taken her two seconds to kill someone but no one knew that, right? Favio wouldn’t put her on the watch list. He trusted her. Right?

Listening to Curtis brought a grin to her face as he seemed to be rather offended and not wanting to cooperate. She thought him nothing but one of the voices in the many that were rambling on before getting an idea. She sat up on straight on her stool and spoke out in agreement with him. “Yes, what right do they have to keep us here. They aren’t the police and none of us have witnessed or even have proof of this alleged murder.” She hoped that would help to stir up the crowd a bit. In the ratio of guests to bouncers, the guests won the numbers easily. How long could they hold out on not letting people go if people started to get headstrong and demand that the doors be unlocked. Possible riots were always nice. She could then easily slip out in all of the chaos. Granted, she knew that the murder was real. The scent of blood had traveled in the air and now she was able to smell it as if the body were right next to her.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cash cow gets killed? Oh tsk tsk. Why would you say that out loud! His ears twitched as he eavesdropped, with a small smile growing. If one were to point fingers, it draws the attention away from anyone with a questionable occupation and moral compass. She has a good start, and motivation! Not to mention he thought her alibi was laughable, no less. Trying to dance with everyone in the room seemed like an obvious attempt to garner a cover. How hard could it be to slip that tip to the right person? To the right officer? If they had a good suspect list, he figured they'd let the others go. He couldn't afford to be investigated. Plus if the lady was innocent, what did she have to worry about? If guilty- well...

"The lady has a point!" He shouted with her.

Unfortunately his protests were met with being pushed back from the door. It seemed like they were more than adamant about keeping them inside, and with them being armed but Curtis not- it was better not to push the issue for the time being. Maybe there was another exit. He'd look for it later. But that still left the issue of the guest list. Curtis slowly built a plan of action in his head. Maybe the woman would help, if she understood how guilty she appeared... He was the master of black-mail after all.

Curtis backed his way out of the front of the crowd, weaseling towards Vee. Once at her side, he crossed his arms. "Ridiculous, is it not?"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Worthless. Totally worthless. An ant would be of more use to her than these upper class snobs. Sure, some of them actually had the gall to argue with the bouncers but…did she just hear someone threaten to sue? That brought a sour chuckle from her as she rolled her eyes at the guy who was now apparently going to call his lawyer. This made her really miss the underground. Not a chair had been thrown, let alone a punch. She thought that at least one of these princesses would have the nerve to take some serious action but apparently she had been wrong. Couldn’t soil their good name even when being held against their will.

With a sigh she continued to sit in her seat; realizing that she had expected too much from the crowd. As she continued to people watch she noticed Curtis make his way over toward her general direction. “Very,” she simply stated in reply to his question. “That was a very moving speech you made. Though apparently not moving enough.”

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User ImageVivian nodded to the woman, seeing as she was still very shaken and unstable. The redheads own mind racing to the same thoughts as Anna.

The killer could be among them still. In fact, the musician hadn't completely ruled out the bartender herself. She shrugged now, letting out a soft sigh. "However unfortunate, I would much rather die at a party than something more mundane." It wasn't the best thing to say but her soft voice made it clear she was sympathetic to the loss.

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄

User Image
With Whom: Companion ; Party goers ;
Where am I Again?: Men's Latrine --& Bar ;
Calculated Thoughts: "You can practically smell the strain in the room."

"There, you see? Easy landing!" The man's voice came from the restroom; "Though a bit off. Aaaahhh--... ah well!" there was a few moments before the disembodied voice swung the door to the men's latrine open and came waltzing out, hands stuffed in his pockets and a big grin on his face! The first thing he noticed was the number of people! Then it was the fact that a great deal of them seemed irate and malevolent. In an instant he began wondering if they should make a swift escape before they found out just how much so.

"Ooohhh... well..." an infectious grin spread across the odd man's face as he stood before many confused eyes, popping up on to the balls of his feet that were covered in the brightest colored red converse. The converse, the fluffy brown hair that tempted every woman to just run her fingers through it, and the cheeky grin barely matched the swaggy blue pinstripe suit, dress shirt, and tie combo, but at the same time, you almost couldn't see it any other way, now could you? "Hello!"

There was a bit of an uproar. A few of the party goers were ruthless; 'How did he get in here? Do you know him?'

'Never seen such a fool in my life!'

'If there's a way in, then there's a way out!'

"Now, hey now!" The odd man huffed right back, looking a bit aghast. "I can hear you!" Well, with how loud and obvious a bit tipsy they were, he certainly bet he could hear them from across the room, which might have been an issue, seeing as now everyone in the room had their attention towards him.

User Image

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

'If there's a way in, there's a way out' The wolf heard someone shout. He rolled his eyes. Escaping means nothing unless the guest list is destroyed. Otherwise they'll just track you down anyways and you'd still have to deal with all the interviews and investigations another time. He might as well get to the point with Vee. 'Tis going to be a long night.' Taking the man's sudden entrance as an opportunity, Curtis used the distracted crowd to speak to pale woman.

"Very moving indeed. However, I think we have bigger problems than returning home to our comfy beds." He was leaning in closer to her as he spoke, ensuring they two were the only that could hear his scheming. Only inches away from her ear now, he said "Specifically your open ended affair with Mr.Debose, correct?" His head titled to the side, allowing her to consider where he was going with this without him having to spit it out. "It looks awfully bad on your record, Miss. And I am only out to help you here, now."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

The murmurs brought Vee’s attention to the gentleman who had emerged from the restroom. When he called out the entire crowd on their so called whispers she couldn’t help but to chuckle. She didn’t know why he was so unpopular but it was amusing.

Curtis’ emphasis on ’we’ brought her attention back to him; her grey eyes glancing at him for a split second before going back to look out over the crowd. She listened as he spoke and had to use all the self control she had in order to keep herself from snapping his neck in front of everyone. The closest she got to the action was a twitch of her fingers. Instead, she managed to play cool and calm as she smirked. It was obvious that he was talking what he thought he knew or just taking a random guess at her situation. “Is that right, mister Curtis,” she whispered back with a smile in reply to him being there to help her out. “It’s very interesting that you said we instead of you.” She turned her head to face him, her face close to his as she looked at him and spoke. “What type of businessman did you say you were again? I mean, why would a respectable businessman such as yourself have any other worry at the moment than returning home.” She kept her voice very low, her lips barely moving as she spoke with the wolf by her side. The tone she took in using the word 'respectable' was enough to let him know that she possibly knew something he didn't think she knew. “How exactly do you plan to help me, mister Curtis?” She gave him a smile before looking out over the crowd again, waiting for something to happen as the tension in the room continued to rise.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

Her first question went ignored. He bit his lip, cursing his improper word choice.
"Well..." The wolf stole a seat beside the woman. He reclined there, as if the subject they were speaking on was more casual than it was. "There are a few lists that we need to find. I have somewhere to be right now. And I would like to be there- but first, I want this whole situation behind me. My business would be hurt if my name was impugned or investigated" He paused, hardly even convincing himself. Curtis swiveled his seat now, to face her. He allowed for a small silence, only tapping his nails on the counter. "I have nothing to do with the man. But if one were to hear of your deal with Mister Favio." He clicked his tongue quietly, shaking his head in a mock disapproving manner.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

A few lists that we need to find. He wanted the situation behind him. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the classy businessman beside her was out for himself and trying to get her to cooperate. Though she did question why he picked her instead of someone else with a dirty secret. When he spoke of her deal with Favio she smiled and gave a silent ‘ooooh’; nothing but humor and cheer on her face as if they were having a nice chit chat. “Now now, no reason to get nasty,” she quietly whispered to him in a voice that matched her face. “I’m sorry that your late night…ummm…date,” it was obvious that she held back from saying some other word there, “is being kept waiting. But, how will I know that you won’t give me away the second that you’re free to go…enjoy yourself.” No reason for him to get nasty, she said nothing about herself. She turned a grinning face to him, obviously enjoying their little conversation. Don’t run him away Vee, she thought as the grin softened to a smile. “What lists do you need, mister Curtis?” Her tone said that she was willing to cooperate as she smiled at him. Though, she wasn’t quite sure how much help she would be in his search.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Oh, I'm not being nasty! I understand you are awfully miffed that the fellow didn't pay for your services. It was awfully rude on him to just die like that. But..." He looked back to the woman, out of the corner of his eye. "I think you will have to trust me on this. I wouldn't dare give you away. You already know my name..." His voice trailed. He really needed to get in the habit of using aliases, and could only pray that this woman hadn't heard his last name as well. Usually when he was out to blackmail someone, there was a lot of preparatory research to know what the victim was capable of. He was stabbing in the dark here, he had not even her name or why Favio owed her money. The wolf knew he was dancing in dangerous territory, but it was a risk he was willing to take.

"I need the invitation lists. They were being checked off, as we entered the door...however, amidst this chaos, I am having trouble finding the fellow who was running it." He watched the bouncers, handling the bustling crowds by said entrance. "For your sake. That should be hunted down, located, and destroyed. For my sake- it is a convenience." He leisurely traced little shapes on the counter-top, acting as if this charade was an act of charity on his part. But this woman was clearly skeptical of him, and he didn't want to impose an image of himself that was to be hated. He knew he had to sweeten the deal a little, she wasn't acting as threatened of his accusations as he thought she would. "In all honesty." He cut his faux calm attitude and spoke in a darker tone, "I think you could be in a bit of trouble if they are found, right? People heard you call the man a cash cow. And people will remember that when they are in a small room with a couple of the authorities interrogating them on suspicious activity. But unlike them, I am drawing attention to that, to you, now because you still have time to remedy that."

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

User Image

apparel mood: uneasy location: the devil's glass pub with: bar patrons

[[Short post don't care. HELLO! X3]]

Of all the places they had to land, it had to be the men's bathroom. "Just a bit off?" She teased, raising an eyebrow. Well, might as well make the best of it. Jessica followed him out of the latrine, head held high as if it was perfectly normal to arrive at a business through a bathroom. The stares that landed on them when they stepped out through that door were expected, but what was surprising was how touchy and on edge everyone in the bar seemed to be. "Never seen such a fool in my life!" Someone called out, and Jessica's eyes narrowed before she glanced in the direction the voice came from. "Oi! No need to be rude..." She retorted, holding a note of annoyance in her accented voice. Blue eyes fixed themselves on the man she'd arrived with then, quirking an eyebrow up. "Wonder what mess we've landed in this time?" Jessica crossed her arms and pulled her eyes away to sweep her gaze over the room, quickly studying each of the people in turn. And every single one of them looked upset...

User Image

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

x

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Darn right she was miffed! No one likes to be stiffed on pay day, especially when it’s a nice lump sum. Just hearing Curtis talk about it caused her eyes to narrow in anger. In keeping up with the charade, however, she sighed and let it go. Nothing she could do about it now. “I do know your name, mister Curtis Prise. Though that’s hardly a reason to trust you.” Had she been eavesdropping on conversations while attending the gathering? Why yes she had been. Speaking of, she decided to change her tone up a bit for the sake of not looking suspicious. Of course, many were still talking about the recent death. Didn’t want to bring attention to herself by coming off as being overly joyful. Her expressions slowly changed as if they were talking fondly of the late, great Favio but now could only mourn his passing. It was hard to keep the act up when he mentioned honesty as she really just wanted to burst out in laughter. As it were, she gave a soft sigh and just shook her head as if he had said something truly unfortunate. “Only a convenience? I find that hard to believe. As for him being a cash cow…well, he was. Was his signature not on your paycheck? I know it was on a lot of paychecks that are currently standing in this room,” she stated, obviously referring to the people. “The man was rich and didn’t try to hide it. He had a lot of employees and he was mister money banks, so what.” She wasn’t playing this game as she had originally intended but she did kind of suck at being bullied. Now that she knew what he was after she decided to come clean. “I don’t think I’m able to be of any help to you. I’m blind.” It was the truth…kind of…sort of…not really. True enough for her and enough that he would believe her if he tried to prove her wrong. “You should pick your targets more wisely, mister Curtis. Is this the part where you kill me now for knowing your plan?” The ‘K’ word was said so softly that she may as well have silently mouthed it.

((Hiya!))

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

Curtis' expression darkened. She was right. He didn't quite have anything substantial to bring to the table yet, and she had called his bluffs as instantaneously as he said them. The more he spoke, the more he gave her ammo to work with. This had to stop.

"Picture this." He began, speaking with his hand. "Out of this entire room- when his death was announced, you were he only one that spoke up about money. Whilest everyone else was distraught, or panicked- you cared for financial affairs. Anyone with earshot would have thought that suspicious." He continued. Unlike his companion beside him, he had trouble keeping track of the rest of the room and blending in. Vee had his complete attention and had him faltering to keep coming up with arguments to support himself. He was far too passionate of this discussion now to match the emotions of the crowds.

"To me it sounds like he was late on a payment. He refused to pay you, and instead decided to high-tail his way out of the country. Is that wrong to assume? No...I wouldn't put it past him. He was going into retirement, why not flee and keep his riches to himself... Thus you enter. And dance with everyone- including Favio!" He nodded, fabricating a dance that didn't happen. His senses felt some anger welling up in her, with the twitch of her hand; he took it as a sign his tactics were working. "And you warn him of his debt. And upon his refusal, well..." His voice fell to a whisper, that spoke with lips that hinted at a grin. "Let's say....Me...An innocent party-goer who thought you were so beautiful, and admired you from afar all night, wanting a dance...That admirer who happened to watch you leave the room, around the same time as Favio...Only remembering because he felt jealous..." Weaving tales such as these usually didn't prove very successful in his art. But since many saw the woman dancing all night, why would anyone disagree if Curtis happened to tell his story to the cops? Who could really defend her, without being the killer themselves, to say that it didn't happen like that? He winced, acting pained. "That puts you in a very bad spot, love."

This was his last resort. He clung to the possibility that he may have heard of her before. If she had any under-the-table affiliations with Favio like he suspected, there was a chance he had something to work with. But- if his luck really had run out, and Favio simply owed her for something menial for jobs like working for his newspaper, he would have nothing and she would have the upper hand. Curtis didn't let these seeping ideas of doubt enter his expression. Not accepting her 'blind' excuse, or letting her last comment get to him, he pressed on. "You aren't even on the guest list, are you? You probably only came to collect...Is that why you don't want it found?" The wolf coyly asked. "It will be easy enough to check. I never caught your name, Miss."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff