Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Knight

(( I don't watch those so uh... neutral opinion= I hope both sides play well, so it is both entertaining and perhaps won't be so bad if the side you root for loses? Or just whatever everyone else is rooting for? ))

Ramza stared at him for a bit confused.

"I was going to come back to the Tavern, just a few minutes ago. My ticket there seemed to have decided it hates me, however. I was only going to be gone a month anyway... I thought I said that when I left..."

He hugged Demyx back and cuddled into the hug, letting him go and about to turn and point out Yukai was here too, but he seemed to have vanished. Sitting next to him under the tree, thoughtful about the next few things to say. Rubbing his back lightly, still partially hugging him.

"Though I suppose it's actually kind of nice that I ended up here... Yukai's about, too, but I'm guessing you could care less about that and are still angry with him, huh?"

He never saw Yula, having been hugging to Demy. Though if he had seen here, he'd of paused the cuddly moment to greet her.

"I think Magic is a faulty term, and you are correct in the assumption that I don't use magic, these assassins just seem to think I do. I'm not about to allow them to find out either. In any case, Ramza's already got several scars, and the weapons they use steal magic, supposedly. Ramza used to be just a mage, and now he could hardly light a candle with his magic."

Nial explained, he figured he wouldn't and shouldn't have to come with magic countering explanations right now. Looking up, he spotted Lucis and waved, wondering what she was going all the way out here.

"Hey there."
Kikite managed to get out of the portal without tripping, for once having more grace than her mother. She looked around, seeing the forest. "I don't think anyone will burn a whole forest down just to find you." Kikite said, knowing someone probably would. She just quietly hoped that no one was that desperate to kill her mother off. She recognized the man in the distance but not the woman, her brain dieing when it came to his name.

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"It's perfectly true; madmen do have their own logic...

"Then...it may be just as well," Demyx said softly, managing to smile through his tears. "I wouldn't have been at the Tavern either. As soon as I was fit to get out of bed, I hit the road - somewhere between a self-finding mission and a reaction to being cooped up and disabled for too long. I meant to be back before you returned, but I've never had the best internal clock...oh, well. It's just as well. And..." He really didn't know what to say in response to the comment about Yukai, or even what he still thought about the Phantom Thief. "Tell Yukai that if he ever steals you again, I'll eat him." Probably an empty threat, since Demyx didn't know whether or not he could still change form. It would be just as well if he couldn't.

I'm afraid you're just too sane to understand it."
Lucis came through a portal with a girl that Nina had never seen before.Nian smiled at Lucis, and then more shyly at the girl, and then turned back to Nial. "O-oh," Nina said, considering the information he'd just given her, "Why d-do they w-w-want the m-magic?" What did you do with another person's magic? Well, Yula used it to live, but besides that...

Timid Knight

(( You know, how are we going to keep everyone here rather then returning to the Tavern? ))

He really did like that smile, Demyx must've had done well enough with him if he was easily enough being so cheerful. Leaning against his should and just carefully listening to him, it was probably for the best that he ended up here anyway, then.

"Well, things worked out well. I probably would have gone looking for you, and then we'd create this problem where one of us was at the Tavern, while the other was looking for them..."

Ramza chuckled heartily, and just stared up at the sky, optimistic now.

"This place is nice... shame the building is as it is... "

Nial thought about it for a bit, then looked over to Nina.

"Not even the assassins know, so I figure it's something important."

Shrugging, that's all he could say really. Who knows, maybe they were making a marketable form of magic on some foreign world? Make a hell of a lot of money that way. Walking over in the direction of Lucis, leaving the portal open in case Monkey were to show. Pointing with his thumb towards a path.

"Hey, want to join us on our adventure of trying to find Ramza before he dies a horrible death?"

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

[[You mean IC or OOC? Because IC, someone could show up with a tale of brutes that took the old tavern over by force...

And that commercial with the guys singing "I Wear No Pants" totally made me think of Yukai.]]

Demyx blinked up at the building, as if he hadn't seen it before, then scanned it up and down. "...I've slept in worse," he said finally, eyeing the weak spots in the roof. "And...I don't think that's anything that couldn't be fixed with a little hard labor and dedication. In case anyone ever wanted to fix it up or something. Hear tell the Forgotten Empire used to be a real wreck...then again, it always looked like one on the outside."

"Y-yeah," Nina said. She was constantly glad that she did not have the magic that her brother did; surely things would go terribly wrong if she had any kind of magic. Plus, she would possibly have assassins after her, too, which was pretty terrible considering she could barely fight off the common cold, let alone someone attempting to kill her. Of course, she would have to have that "red factor" thing, and Nina was fairly certain that even if she had magic, the mistake wouldn't be made to give her special or highly desired magic. Likely she would just turn blue every time she sneezed, or something equally useless and annoying.

Timid Knight

(( IC. Well, the Tavern, for better or worse, will probably exsist as it's own entity for a while, so we shouldn't say things happened to it. Maybe Ramza'll suggest that he and Demyx shall hang out there? ))

"... Want to fix it up? I mean, Ethy got her problem solved, so really it's just me and you who bring trouble there... so maybe if we were somewhere no one knew... then I wouldn't have the problem of those people coming after me. Then it would be peaceful... and quiet, and nice."

Ramza looked down at the armor he wore, living here in peace might have made it pointless, training to actually be useful in a fight. However, he never wanted to fight in the first place, and he could keep it as a back up, just in case something did happen. He did think leaving the people at the Tavern would be hard to do... but... He already liked it here.

Nial looked about the forest, trying to figure out which way was the best to go on the path. Either way probably worked, all they had to do was pick a direction and keep going that way.

"Could be worse though, the first attack on me could have been successful. Anyway, we should cover some ground."

Nodding to Lucis and her friend... ah he forgot her name, but she was the one who introduced herself late. Indicating that they could follow or not, if they wanted. Starting to stride in one direction, sticking his hands into his pockets.

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

"Y-yes..." Demyx said hesitantly, as if he was having trouble finding the words he wanted to say all of a sudden. "T-the tavern...w-was taken over," he finally forced out, his voice shaking. "C-can't g-get rid of th-them...w-we're n-no longer w-welcome..." He tried to hold back the tears, but they would not be denied. "Eth...w-wouldn't go...and...and Axel...h-he s-stayed with h-her...f-for the b-b-baby's sake...I b-begged him...t-try to ch-change her mind...w-wasn't h-happening..." He was bawling again, but he didn't care. Odds were, he'd never see his brother again, unless he dared sneak back to the old tavern or Axel somehow found his way here. He'd never even know if the baby was a boy or a girl.

"Th-that sounds l-like a good idea," Nina said. Of course, he could have directed her to climb a tree to get their bearings and, although she was quite certain, looking at all these big tall trees, that she wouldn't even be able to get to the first branch, let alone have the strength to carry on, Nina was certain that she would have tried--had he asked. He wouldn't, of course, because Nial wasn't that kind of person. No, he was very kind, and also knew her limits. When she had followed him out of the tavern after the hostile take over which had occurred, Nina hadn't been sure it was the right choice--following Nial elsewhere, away from her family, away from her brother. But she had done so because she had trusted him, and he hadn't done anything to betray that trust, as of yet. All he had done was reinforce it.

((ehhh not sure if this post is alright. willing to edit.))

Timid Knight

Ramza listened, and leaned over, giving Demyx another hug. Rubbing one shoulder lightly and resting his chin on the other. Taken over? ... Drat, he almost wanted to go back, but he was scared, after all, it drove Demy off. Pulling himself close to him, and laying there for a bit.

"It's okay... he'll visit you, he's your brother after all. He'll make the effort, I know. Who knows? He might bring his kid along to visit... okay? So... don't cry..."

Sniffling and little and staying like this a while. He was alittle afraid to the concept of staying here, it made him think that he was acknowledging something was lost but... ... but it happens. He'd have to move on, sometime, but for now he didn't have to think about it.

"I won't leave you... okay? Even if things don't turn out well... "

Nial just strode in silence for a bit in silence, watching the slight bit of light ahead expand. A clearing, that might be nice just to get his bearing on.

"Hmn, well now... is that a building? Handy."

He said, strolling down the path towards it, stopping for a bit when he noticed a substantial amount of red behind a tree, slightly moving now and then. Walking towards it, and around the tree, he eventually say who it was, Ramza indeed and Demyx.

"Well that was easy."

Ramza lifted up his head confused, his glasses fogged up.

"Eh?"

((It's fine. I'm about to pass out myself, hence speeding things along a little for the first night. ))

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

"H-he d-doesn't know w-where I am..." Demyx choked, rubbing uselessly at his eyes. "I...I could...bring him here, but...I...I'm scared to g-go back. I sh-shouldn't be, but..." He shook his head, feeling like a worthless lump. "I c-c-can't. I-I can't fight them. I c-can't stay there with them. I...I can't go back..."

Yula hadn't found anything in the forest except trees and critters, so she had come back to the clearing and waited patiently for Ramza and Demyx to move on to a point where she could break in. She had, of course, been planning to wait longer, but when faced with Demyx's problem of wanting to be able to see Axel, Yula took it upon herself to offer a solution. She took care to appear first before she spoke, hoping not to startle or confuse them, and then she told Demyx gently, "I can go and tell him, sweetie. They can't hurt me, so I'm not afraid."

It figured that they would find the two of them together, Nina thought, watching as Yula appeared. Demyx seemed quite upset, and Nina could understand why. She still hadn't had a change to talk to him about Alexander, because just as she was about to, the tavern had been taken over. She would try to make time now, while they were here, if indeed they were going to stay, to talk to him. Nina missed speaking to Demyx. On the other hand, he was crying and everything, so Nina suggested to Nial, "M-m-maybe we sh-should wait t-to go over?"

Timid Knight

Ramza looked back over to Demyx, as he was struggling to make sentences.

"It's okay... it's okay... come on, lets go inside... might as well start getting a bit of a camp set up... and I'll go visit Axel to let him know where we are, how about that? You don't have to do anything you're afraid of."

He lightly pet the side of Demyx face, and then slowly stood up, holding out his hands to go help him inside. Giving Nial a bit of a look, before staring back at the building. Glancing over to Yula and nodding.

"That might be good, for now I just wanna get inside, it'll probably be a cold night... even if it is green here."

Nial, looked over his shoulder to Nina, and sighed. Reaching and scratching the back of his head, at the small little tail of orange hair that usually went unnoticed.

"Looks like they're sticking around in this rickety old building... I suppose there are worse places to stay, shelter is shelter."

He nodded his head, lightly checking the homemade flamethrower, and the small bag that hung over it.

"I've got two blankets, and some lunches, bring anything yourself?"

((*Flops.* Go ahead and puppet Ramza and Nial to get them to settle into the building. ))

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Demyx thought about both their offers, then shook his head, biting his lip. "N-no...I'd rather he didn't know where we were. He'd be tempted to follow, and...he'd be torn between us and Ethira. I don't want him to have to choose. So..." He turned to Yula, fresh tears welling in his eyes. "T-tell him I'm all right, and that Ramza is with me, but...don't tell him where." With that, he stood up with Ramza's help and followed him into the building. He was still limping with his left leg, as if his knee wouldn't quite bend properly, but it didn't seem to bother him overmuch. Once inside, he looked up at the patches of sky visible through the roof, then raised his staff as the red crystal on the end started to spin. He held that position for several moments, then lowered his arms with a faint smile as the crystal stopped spinning. "There...if it rains tonight, it won't come in. Can't do anything for cold and wind, but rain I can block."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces