Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Xerixa
As Mirette stormed out of the Tavern to get some fresh air, Oracle turned to face Emmanuel, "You should not fault your sister for the actions of another, Emmanuel. The closer we are to someone, the harder it is to see the darkness in their hearts. I should know." A dark look crossed Oracle's face as he continued speaking, "I was in a similar situation as your sister. I watched as my own brother grew more corrupt from the power growing inside of him, and yet I couldn't see it. Even when I witnessed my brother killing our father for his power, I refused to believe that he could do such a thing. By the time I was able to see my brother for the monster he really was, our entire civilization had been almost eradicated. My people, hundreds of thousands of years of civilization, burned to the ground because I was too blind to see what was before my very eyes. Sometimes it takes an earthshattering revelation to shatter the images of the people we love." The Seer's dark expression turned back towards Emmanuel as he finished his story, "I can tell you from experience that your sister probably feels bad enough that she could not stop her teacher before he destroyed your kingdom for the sake of his own power."

Oracle watched Mirette outside on the porch of the old Tavern, "I can tell you right now that your sister isn't under the influence of dark magic. In fact, near as I can tell, her love and devotion to you has probably rendered her immune to any kind of dark magic manipulation." The Seer sighed, "The tea, map, and Room are all on the house, I just ask that you take this last piece of advice to heart. Your sister has the makings of a powerful sorceress, but if these issues between you two continue to worsen, then she'll be in trouble. In an environment full of love, companionship and acceptance, magic becomes a tool that helps the world become a better place. However, if magic is met with stigma, fear, and suspicion, it will become a tool for suffering and hate. Right now your sister needs you, Emmanuel, but if you continue to hold her magic against her because of her teacher, then she will fall to the dark. Please, Emmanuel, I'd hate to see Mirette befall the same fate as my brother."
Anise Silverclaw
Xerixa
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

With: Anise, Drake, Kiyoto, Mirette, Emmanuel, and Oracle
Mood: Interested

As Anise responded, her expression gave it away. Dante laughed heartily, then poked fun at her by saying, "Don't tell me you were deceived by the King of Traitors? Hahaha, I thought you knew better than that, Anger!"

He continued laughing, but was still listening to the conversation between the siblings closely. At the mention of a traitor to their kingdom, he fell silent. He payed strong attention, and as the sister left the Tavern, he followed her wordlessly, motioning to Anise that he would continue the reunion later. As they stood outside in the cold night, he spoke to her in a serious voice, his Californian home obvious in his accent. "So I hear that you have had recent dealings with a traitor. Where is he? I believe that I could deal with him for you. You see, my master might have a special spot for him. A place of eternal torment. If you want to see justice upon this man, I will find him, and make it happen. What do you say?"

ENDBRlNGER's Queen

Loyal Knight

12,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Xerixa
Reader of Omens
Dante the Traitor
Mrs.Bunni

Deaf to the words Dante spoke, Anise’s silver eyes rested solely upon the siblings, pupils slowly compressing to slits. The first sign of danger wasn’t noticed, the hell warrior slipping off to speak with the woman outside. Oracle likewise seemed occupied, but her sudden stillness would have been another clue to someone paying attention. The final clue was yet to come, but by then it would be far too late.

Anger; it stirred through the air in intoxicating waves slipping through the pores and into the veins. The hate and malice screamed harshly within her ears, throbbing through the mind with each pump of her heart. Silver eyes began to bleed into blue, the pale, moon-kissed complexion searing away to an ash grey. Then came the blood curling screech, followed by the sound of bones snapping repeatedly. The rage infesting the room was converting the woman, and she did nothing to stop it, allowing it to wash over her. Stepping back a single step, leather boot ripping as her foot elongated, muscles thickening, the female distances herself from Oracle and Bunni. Yet her eyes of fading silver locked onto the foreign male across the bar, form tense with aggression. He would see the blue conquering the metallic within her eyes, the slit pupil promising a monster. It left a single question to be begged; how long before she lost control and attacked?
Anise Silverclaw
Reader of Omens
Dante the Traitor

The knight sighed quietly as he listened to the Oracle’s story about his brother. His words were true and valid and he looked to his sister on the porch, finding that she was out on the porch with another man now. ”I know that you are right about this Oracle. I’ve been quite short with her lately. Partially because of her learning magic from that man and partially from the betrayal I endured. Having to flee from our kingdom after its fall has not been easy either.” He sighed before he shook his head and took a sip of the hot tea. ”We just need to go somewhere to start a new life. We’re hoping that Viltherin will be this new place.” Closing his eyes, he tried to imagine what the Oracle had gone through as he calmed down and let go of the anger he had towards his sibling…but still didn’t want her to practice magic. No matter what the Oracle said, he wanted his sister to never use magic again.

Meanwhile, Mirette gave a small shiver out in the colder air, but she was far too upset to think about being chilly. Much to her surprise though, she wasn’t alone for long. Soon one of the gentlemen from inside of the tavern came out to join her. If that wasn’t surprising enough, he began to ask her about the man that betrayed the kingdom. Closing her eyes, she took in what he said and tried to find the right words to say. ”Yes…I have had a run in with a traitor. He has done horrible things and needs to be brought to justice. I will give you his name and his location, but only if you allow me to help in bringing him to justice.”

Looking out across the desert landscape, she added, ”I am partially at fault for not stopping him sooner, so I need to help stop him before he destroys another kingdom…” Turning back to the man, she asked, ”So…do we have a deal?”

Inside, however, things were getting interesting. Emmanuel was still sipping his tea as he allowed his sister to calm down, but one of the people in the bar suddenly screamed. Jumping slightly, he looked over at the woman, who wasn’t looking much like herself now and he put a hand on his sword. ”Oracle? What’s up with the lady? And why is she looking at me like that?” He asked, slowly getting up and keeping his eyes on the lady monster in the tavern. The last thing the knight wanted to do was to hurt her, but he would defend himself if necessary.

Liberal Lover

Anise Silverclaw

Teles took the mug with all the grace of a rabid tiger, clinging to the caffeinated beverage as if it were water and she were a man stranded in the desert for weeks. The woman was ravenous for a bit of caffeine once she was awake. She was downright unpleasant without it. Sipping her coffee, Teles was content to listen around her, observe. Her lithe form rested against the back of the bar, discreet but listening, watching, waiting. Yup, there it was.

Teles was quick, but again discreet. As Anise distanced herself, Teles had already set her mug down on the counter and moved out from behind it. They way her conversation with Dante was moving, Teles was almost certain of the result. Anise was her best friend, and she liked to think she could predict her actions with minimal margin of error. "Alright, that's enough," she said calmly. Calm was perhaps the only thing that could tame the beast within Anise, if she were lucky. If Anise lost control, there would most certainly be blood. If there were blood, Teles would lose control as well. Rebuilding the inn did not sound like a project she wanted to take up.

Teles had already moved between the gentleman at the bar and Anise, taking a seat near the man who had introduced himself as Emmanuel. "Don't take it personally," she mumbled and shrugged her petite shoulders. Though she maintained a calm demeanor, Teles was fully ready to block Anise should she strike out, though even enraged, the woman was not one to attack a person for no reason. Under normal circumstances. She knew her body could handle a blow from the smaller woman. Though they hadn't sparred in a while, their history included a lot of blood. "Anise, you're scaring the customers," Teles huffed.
Xerixa
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

With: Mirette
Mood: Devious

As the girl said that she wished to accompany the demon, Dante's first impulse was to refuse. This man allegedly possessed magical prowess, an army, and managed to overthrow an entire kingdom. Of course this would pose no great challenge to the dragon demon from Hell, but the woman was a different story. And if he was to bring her along, he might have to hold back to protect her.

But then the word "deal" came in. Memories of the Oracle and a long-forgotten contract arose. A contract that made him what he was today. A great grin grew on his face, and he began to speak to the girl in a voice as cold as the night around them, "Actually, I have an idea. A bit of a proposition, if you will." He then began to slowly circle her, giving off the menacing impression of a vulture watching a dying animal, but she would find that his voice had an almost hypnotic effect. "The man inside is your older brother, I take it? It's obvious that he fears your magic. He fears you, and your potential. If you stay with him, his fear will make him treat you as an animal trainer would a rabid dog. He will limit, if not forbid, your practice of your arts. You will be as a bird in a cage for as long as you are with him. But I know of a place where magic is ever-present. There are those in this land that could teach you many things of magic, and you would be free from fear of your abilities. So here is my deal: You assist me in bringing this man in, and I will free you from those who would oppress you for your skills. What do you say?" As he finished his offer, he stood in front of the girl, and offered a pale hand to shake in acceptance, should she take him up on his offer. A wicked smile hid behind his tattered cloak as it blew in the cold night air.

ENDBRlNGER's Queen

Loyal Knight

12,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm having writer's block again. -_-|||
Dante the Traitor

The hypnotic tone in his voice made the young woman brought a wave of new thoughts to her mind that weren’t there before he began to talk. Her eyes followed him as he spoke, as she thought about his offer. He is right. My brother has said on many occasions that he doesn’t want me to continue learning magic. He’s even tried to forbid me to practice it before…I was able to get away with it the first time because he was off in the war and I was able to learn from the court magician. Now, however, we are together again and he has taken control of my life as well as his since our kingdom’s demise…this man is right, I am like a bird in a cage. And without magic, I’ll go back to being nothing, but a servant with no hope of a happy life. She thought before her eyes looked at his face.

Another look into his eyes jolted her out of these thoughts. Wait…this isn’t the deal we started with. He wants the name, not my help, and he wants to take me to a place he hasn’t named where I won’t be held back, but at what cost? She thought, the veil of hypnotism slipping away as she forced herself to think rationally. Looking back at him, she stepped back from him and shook her head. ”No…” She took another step back from this man. Something was very…wrong about him in her mind. ”If I am to be freed from my cage, I will have to free myself. Just like I will have to bring that man to justice apparently.” She said backing away from him and moving to walk back into the tavern, not knowing what was going on inside or how the man would react to her refusal.

Xerixa
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

Mood: Impatient

As she refused, a scowl replaced his smile, an his had was drawn back to his side. However, the scowl was shortly replaced by a grin. "It seems that you don't understand who has the upper hand here, girlie." Then the man would turn to face her once more before his body was lit up with black flames, burning quickly into a massive fire, which would be quickly put out, only to reveal that where the man once stood, there was now a massive white dragon. With one motion, he blocked the doorway into the Tavern with his enormous tail. Then, a booming voice seemed to come from the dragon, though his scaly lips never moved. "Now, nevermind my offer, just show me where this man is so that I can return to Hell with his damned soul." The Hell drake would then move in on the girl, his indigo eyes burning with impatience.
Anise Silverclaw
I'm having writer's block again. -_-|||
Well there's a little something to help you write. 3nodding
Dante the Traitor

The dark flames took the young woman by surprise as she took a few steps away from the man. His threat did appear true. Hell, he would have had the upper hand had he just used apprentice leveled magic or even his own strength to subdue her. When the flames engulfed him, she didn't know what to expect, but as the flames were cast off of his body, she soon found herself facing a creature she had thought were long extinct. A dragon.

At once, the teachings of her master came to her head. Despite the evils that he had done, he had never led her astray in his teachings. He always told her that should she ever meet a dragon when traveling beyond the lands of her kingdom, she should never get close enough to anger it. Beware the wrath of dragons for ye are crunchy and taste like chicken. He often teased and that was the one phrase that came to mind right now. Not only had she gotten close to a dragon, albeit without realizing it, she had also angered it by not playing into his game.

With the door blocked, Mirette had no way of escaping except for a single teleportation spell that she had not mastered and was very dangerous. Weighing her options quickly, she saw that she was in less danger by telling the dragon what he wanted to know then attempting a likely deadly spell to escape him. With a pulse that was going through the roof, she looked into the dragon's eyes before she relented the information. "His name is Dione." She began, unable to look away. Honestly, she was unable to blink as she looked at this dragon that claimed its home was Hell itself. "He lived in the Kingdom of Eldelyr, but I don't know his current location since he led an army to destroy it." A part of her felt guilty for turning in her old teacher, her old flame, but the vindictive and angry side of her wanted this dragon to tear him limb from limb, use a spell to put him together again and revive him, and then rip him apart again and again for the next thousand years.

Meanwhile, Emmanuel's evening was only getting stranger as one of the staff members at the Dead End Tavern seemed to undergo a transformation. Just as he felt that things were about to get rather ugly, one of the other ladies of the tavern stepped between the transformed barmaid and the edgy knight. When the woman sat by his side, the gentleman nodded at her words. "Thank you. I won't hold a grudge against your friend, though it is disconcerting for her to set her sights on me like that..." Taking another sip of his tea, he couldn't help noticing that she was a very lovely lady. Alas, she was probably already taken. Just like his Jeanna. Now he really wished there was something else in his tea.

Like many knights, Emmanuel had once wished to be in good graces with the princess of his now fallen kingdom. He participated in tournaments in her honor and when he went on various campaigns, he fought hard in her name. His loyalty to her eventually paid off. The king introduced the two young people and they fell in love…or that was what Emmanuel believed. A steamy affair began between the two before he was sent on the front lines of the war. He swore to her that he would return and that they would be married, but when he did come back, he made it just in time to see her marrying a prince from another land. Betrayed and broken hearted, the knight continued to serve the king, with less zeal of course, until the end. He made the choice to escape with his sister and let the harlot of a princess to depend on her new husband for protection.

Shaking these thoughts from his mind, he tried to stay in a neutral frame of mind. No one in this bar needed to know what was on his mind or the true state of his emotions. Besides, in the company of a lady, he would do his utmost to be pleasant company. Little did he know that his sister was in mortal peril just outside.
Xerixa
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

Mood: Impatient

The young woman was slowly backed into a state of submission, and Dante began to feel like a cat cornering a mouse. A toothy grin took over his face as she surrendered the information he asked for, fear alight in her eyes. "Dione of the Kingdom of Eldelyr, you say? Hmmm... I'm gonna have a blast finding this place. And by the way, for refusing my generous offer, I will raze whatever still stands of your precious home. I will slaughter women and children, but leave the men. I'll tell them that the woman apprentice of the late Dione sent me, and that you and your brother are to blame for their suffering. They will hunt you relentlessly, and curse your name for years to come. You will run from them for survival, and when I finally return for your souls, you will beg me to--" Just then, the dragon lifted his head as if to look inside the tavern once more, fear in his eyes. "An Arclord? Here? But... Bah! I have a quota to meet anyways. I just hope he leaves something for me to scorch." With that, the dragon named Dante lifted off the ground with a gust of wind, flying off into the night. Whatever happened in the tavern was now no longer his concern.

At the dragon’s threatening however, the young woman’s fear left her as she sighed calming down. ”Ah, what a relief. I actually believed that you were from Hell for a moment there.” She told him, looking up into his eyes, now unafraid of him despite his appearance. ”If you were from Hell, you would not only know that the entire country’s population was exterminated and that my brother and I were the only two left alive, you would also not need to call upon the help of humans to try and break my spirit. No true dragon from Hell would lower themselves to such a pathetic level.” It seemed that the dragon had something else to fear though for he soon took to the skies. Shaking her head, the young woman walked back inside of the tavern, slightly shaken from the experience, but no longer fearful of the so-called dragon.

Instead of paying attention to her brother at the bar, who she was upset with, Mirette used a conjuration spell to bring her tea over to the table in the back where she sat and looked out of the window. What she told the false dragon was true though. Not a living soul remained in that country. Dione slaughtered everyone in the kingdom with his armies, but also with his spells. He brought down a rain of fire that set everything ablaze and whatever wasn’t killed by the fires or his soldiers, he smote with a terrible plague. Somehow, someway, she and her brother were spared, but as they escaped they saw that they were the only living creatures, man or beast, that had survived. A part of her wanted to believe that Dione had spared them because he had actually felt something for her. She knew better than that though.

”Dione is more likely to be from Hell than that dragon.” She murmured, shaking her head as she sipped her tea. ”If he is from Hell he is either low in the ranks or incredibly lazy to not have qualms about enlisting the help of humans. I thought Dione said dragons had pride.” While she talked to herself as she didn’t have anyone else to talk to, she wondered what had made the dragon run away. It certainly wasn’t because of anything she said and she knew that it wasn’t because he suddenly thought she was a threat. Shrugging it off as nothing, she looked around the room and wondered why everyone looked tense near the bar. She knew it had nothing to do with her, so she kept to herself.

Romantic Lover

6,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Xerixa
Mood: Malicious

As the young woman settled with her tea, a slight darkness would creep into the tavern. The lights would seem to dim from fear of something. For a great, dark power was entering the trans-dimensional resting spot, the likes of which had rarely traveled outside of the depths itself. In one of the shadowy corners of the bar, near where Mirette sat, a portal of black energy opened up, and a pale man emerged. He was tall, about six feet or more, with flowing, wavy black hair and a deep crimson eye, his right one covered by a heart-shaped eyepatch. He wore all back, with pants that seemed worthy of a nobleman and an open shirt more fitted for a rich Persian man. His forehead was adorned with a purple circlet that radiated a dark energy. Stranger still, there seemed to be a shadow being that hid behind his right shoulder, watching like a scared child.

He looked about the tavern, a calm smile on his lips. "Questo non è male. Ho certamente visto di peggio. E '... caratteristico." His voice was deep, with a heavy Italian accent. After surveying his surroundings, he turned to Mirette, and sat down beside her, looking at her with a playful smile on his face. "So you're the one Dante interacted with. His darkness is still present around you. It is easy to spot against the light of your soul. One like you would not be easy to corrupt." As he spoke to the girl, the shadow being on his shoulder would try to peek different views of her, as if it were nervous of her."Allow me to introduce myself. I am Ombrademone, Arclord of the sixth circle of Hell and Prince of Heresy."

I AM THE NIGHT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces