Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mirette and Emmanuel

"Nous sommes perdus, Emmanuel." A young woman sighed as she looked at her older brother, who looked like he was on the verge of mental break down.

"Non, nous sommes presque arrivés. Emmanuel replied as he continued to guide his sister through the desert of this strange region. Mirette just rolled her eyes at her over confident brother.

"Ben tiens..." The young woman muttered to herself as they continued to trudge through the sands. They were no closer to their destination than they had been an hour ago. No matter how much he denied it, they were well and truly lost.

As they reached the peak of one sand dune, however, they found what appeared to be an outpost. With sand in places they didn't care to mention, the brother and sister trudged through the sands and reached what they thought was a small outpost. Much to their surprise, however, they found that they were at a bar that was aptly named "Dead End Tavern". Mirette looked up at her brother with crossed arms and one brow raised. He gave her a sheepish look in return.

D'accord, allons au pub. Et si on faisait une petite pause." Pushing open the door, the young man held open the door for his sibling. His long black hair was pulled back into a pony tail and he wore the garb of a knight. The crest that was on his chest, however, was one of a recently fallen Kingdom. He was tall, but a normal tall. As his sister stepped inside, his golden eyes looked around curiously.

His sister on the other hand, appeared completely different from him. Her thick, white blonde hair fell to her waist while her bright blue eyes looked around at the few people that were there. She was short and had a small build, but maintained a very feminine look with her curves. Wearing a dress of a common maid, it was clear that they had both worked as servants to the crown.

Stepping up to the counter, Emmanuel gave a light smile to the ladies behind the counter before giving them a slight bow. He lost his lord, but not his manners. "Pardon, but do you have any maps or directions to a place called Viltherin? I believe we have taken a wrong turning somewhere." He asked in English, his accent slight despite speaking in French with Mirette. While he spoke to the bar maids, Mirette looked around the room at the other people in the tavern.

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Xerixa
With the two women currently occupied with other guests of the Tavern, Emmanuel and his sister were instead met with a tall, muscular man behind the counter. He stood roughly six feet tall, with short brown hair that was spiked in the front. He was a generally unnoticable man, except for his one defining feature, his eyes. Having no pupils or irises, the eyes of the man behind the bar were one solid color, a deep silver that looked like liquid mercury. Turning his deep silver eyes towards the man and woman who entered, the man behind the bar bowed. "Greetings travelers, and welcome to the Dead End Tavern. Directions or a map to a place called Vilitherin, you say? I might. I've got many maps of the area, let me look through them. Can I get you two anything to drink while you wait?"

Shadowy Elder

9,475 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yawning slightly, Drake would walk down the stairs that led to the upper rooms. Standing at the top of the steps, he would look around the lower floor to see who all was here, smirking a bit when he saw Oracle. Though he had neglected to put on a shirt and his boots, and because of this, all that saw him would see the numerous scars that riddled his toned upper torso. Scratching the back of his head in a semi-tired manner, he would walk down the rest of the steps and go to the table he had been at before. There he sat, not necessarily waiting for anything, just sitting.

ENDBRlNGER's Queen

Loyal Knight

12,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Giving Dante a smile, the five foot three woman pulled out a glass and began to mix his order. It didn’t take long and during the process she remained silent, allowing the male to speak with their newest customer who was making a hasty retreat. Setting the glass before him, she finally spoke. “Let her go, she’ll return if she wants and when she wants. Besides,” she continued, leaning forward to rest her elbows on the counter and fold her arms. “I can’t exactly heal. I could merely stop the bleeding. Though, I’m not one to force someone to accept kindness. After all, everyone knows my pride usually won’t allow me to accept it either.” She shrugged lightly with a half-smile, strong shoulders becoming draped with long lengths of black hair from the subtle gesture.

It was then, another customer entered, well two to be precise. The pair looked regal, though where they had originated was beyond her grasp. Still, the woman looked to be a servant of some sort. Anise’s vivid silver eyes that closely resembled Oracle’s (except the fact hers contained pupils) combed the duo. There was curiousness within the metallic optics, as if she was reading the pair’s life story. Finally, she turned away, glancing toward Oracle. “Seems we’re getting a nice crowd here.” There was a small grin, a fondness for her friend that was a close resemblance to a brother. Though she was still curious to hear more about the pair, and see what kind of map the dimension hopping Oracle would provide, her attention turned back as Drake descended into the bar area. “Hello, Drake. Would you like the regular, or something different today?” Even as she asked, she pulled out a glass and waited for his order.
Anise Silverclaw
Map_On_My_Hand
Reader of Omens
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

With: Anise, Drake, Kiyoto, Mirette, Emmanuel, and Oracle
Mood: Nostalgic

Taking up the glass, he raised the drink to his lips, taking a calm swig. Gulping it down, he gave a disappointed sigh. "I should have known that the damned can't feel any kind of pleasure. It tastes like I'm drinking dirty water." Setting the drink on the counter, he looked down at his bare chest. "Whoops. I forgot to materialize my shirt." With that, his torso was cloaked in black flames for a brief moment, extinguished as soon as they had appeared. However, now the demon wore his tattered grey cloak, just as he had in life. It covered his arms and chest entirely, and his mouth, somehow not muffling his speech.

Liberal Lover

The sound of boots hitting wood clanked as the taller hostess descended a set of stairs behind the counter. Her hand rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she let out a soft yawn. It was nearly summer now and the siren would begin molting.. much to her chagrin. She always became more tired around this time of year. As her slender hand pulled away, scarlet eyes widened as she spotted a small crowd in the tavern, some faces she recognized and some completely new to her. Descending the final step, Teles slunk over behind Anise, arms wrapping about the woman's middle as her chin propped itself on her shoulder. "Caffeine," she said in a monotonous voice.

Shadowy Elder

9,475 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Drake shook his head at Anise as she asked "Not now. I think I'll wait a bit before having a drink." He stated with a smirk. With still somewhat sleepy eyes, he would once again look around the bar, giving nods of acknowledgement to Oracle and Dante. His amber eyes would then wonder to the newer pair of female and male, and as usual would silently size them up.

ENDBRlNGER's Queen

Loyal Knight

12,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
“That reminds me,” spoke Anise toward Dante’s direction. “How did you come back anyway? Where you in hell?” Hoping her curiousity would not cause the male discomfort from unpleasant memories, she waited for his response with a held breath.

Meanwhile, arms slipped around her waist causing a smile to form along full lips. Only one person would dare approach her in such a manner besides her lover, and the chaotic Wrath was not much for public affection. “Hello, Bunni. How are you this eve?” Even as she questioned the siren, she began to prepare a cup for coffee. Though being captured in affection as she was, the barmaid couldn’t quite reach the coffee pot behind them. Instead, a little water manipulation was used to entice the liquid through the air and into the cup by magical means. Then, she moved the cup to the left a little for her friend to take whenever she pleased.

As Drake refused his own drink, Anise would nod. “Alright then, just let me know if you change your mind.” As it was, she couldn’t exactly move much with a siren having captured her in affection. “Or if I can get you something else to drink or eat, just let say the word.”
Anise Silverclaw
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

With: Anise, Drake, Kiyoto, Mirette, Emmanuel, and Oracle
Mood: Humorous

As her question fell upon his ears, a dark smirk grew on his hidden lips. He had been waiting to tell this story. "You see, Anger, a long while ago, I struck out at Pride. Of course, he struck me down without a though. Of course I had sinned a lot... a lot... during my lifetime, but attacking Pride apparently took the cake. I was sentenced to the very center of the woeful realm, reserved for the worst of the sinners. I was frozen solid in the deepest and darkest of places, the very bottom of the universe. But, I managed to get loose. You see, the lord of the ninth circle, which I was in, was also the King of Hell. He allowed me freedom to roam the multiverse so long as I served him at all times. Though I'm not here on business. Just here to say hello to some old friends, make some new ones, raise a little Hell." He would then take another sip of his Jack and Coke, knowing it would leave a distasteful flavor in his mouth
Reader of Omens

Emmanuel smiled up at the strange man before them. As he was used to seeing people of all types from his time in service, he thought nothing of the eyes without irises. Mirette on the other hand could not help staring at the man. She had never been outside of the castle walls to explore. The only times she had gone out were to run errands or pick up cloth that she would turn into beautiful gowns for the Queen or princesses. To her, this was the most bizarre man she had ever seen. Emmanuel noticed this and nudged her lightly to get her to stop gawking at the man.

”Thank you for welcoming us and I apologize for my sister’s rude staring. She has not gone out much.” He apologized, rubbing his head while Mirette turned away, slightly pink from embarrassment. On hearing that this man might have a map, Emmanuel perked up considerably. ”If you do have either, we would be very grateful. We’ve been traveling blind for far too long and need clear direction.”

Mirette agreed at once as she took off one of her shoes to see just how much sand she had gotten in it. Shaking her head, she pulled an old, weather worn book from her apron pocket and turned it open to a specific page. After reading it, she nodded to herself before she whispered a spell and then turned her shoe over. The sand poured out of it, but the sand vanished before it hit the floor as her spell sent it back to the desert around them. Emmanuel frowned at her using magic, but didn’t start that argument again as they were in public.

The tall gentleman’s question brought Emmanuel back to their conversation. ”Something to drink would be wonderful…two mugs of rose tea please. Our names, Mine is Emmanuel and hers is Mirette. What is your name, sir?” He asked politely, ignoring his sister using magic to rid her shoes of sand. Emmanuel hated magic with a passion, but his little sister loved it…and loved the man that taught her magic. Of course, she did not love that man anymore as it was he that betrayed their King and led to the fall of their kingdom, but Emmanuel felt that she was holding onto those misplaced feelings by continuing to learn and use magic. Mirette didn’t see it that way of course, but she would never tell her brother the true reason.

While he spoke to the man behind the counter, Mirette watched as one lady controlled water, fascinated by all forms of magic and affinities to elements or nature.

ENDBRlNGER's Queen

Loyal Knight

12,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Anise listened intently to Dante’s story, leaning casually against the bar, rear thrust into the air slightly. Everything was adequately covered by the tight clothing she wore, yet the black outfit still was likely to provoke provocative thoughts. Yet she remained blissfully unaware of her pose, as she was simply relaxing while the male before her sated a curious itch.

A sneer suddenly twisted her lips in an ugly display of disgust. “Kurigari? You serve him now,” came her question, obvious distaste within her voice. Suddenly, realizing what he was doing, a quick shake of the head would dispel her emotions, bound black hair bouncing with thick volume. “Never mind, it’s none of my business.” Anise had never liked Kurigari, though it was all due to personal reasons. He had sent her to heaven on a suicide mission once, and claimed he would return for her soul. That had been ages ago, and she had all but forgotten about it. At this point, she doubted the king of hell would bother to show his presence before her.

“Anyway, I’m happy to see you about. We’ve missed having you around.” To distract herself, a slender callous hand would reach beneath the counter and pull out a spiced drink. Hastily she poured a small amount, sat the bottle aside and downed it in one gulp. Though her attention stayed focused upon Dante, sensitive hears was keeping track of Oracle and the siblings. Her curiosity would never be fully sated after all.

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Xerixa
"Emmanuel, it's a pleasure to meet you. Folks around here call me Oracle, so you can too." As the man mentioned his sister, Oracle smiled and chuckled, "Oh, it's quite alright, she was just curious is all. No harm in that." Oracle watched Mirette use a spell to send the sand in her shoe back to the desert, "Quite a handy spell to have, Mirette, do you know much magic?"

While waiting for the woman to respond, Oracle turned his back and put a pot of tea on to boil, "It'll be a minute for your tea, if you don't mind. Rose tea isn't a drink commonly ordered around here. I'll fetch that map for you while you wait." Then Oracle bent down beneath the bar and began to rummage through the various maps he had stored there. When you helped run an interdimensional bar, it helped to have a few. While he looked through the maps, his ears were still focused on the girl called Mirette.
Reader of Omens

”Oracle? That’s an interesting name to have. Where I come from anyone with the name Oracle is a seer of the future. Is that the same with you?” The dark haired knight asked before nodding with a small chuckle at his younger sister. ”Oui, she tends to let her curiosity get her into trouble sometimes too.” Mirette wrinkled her nose at her brother’s words, wanting to say something back, but also not wanting to squabble in this nice inn. When the Oracle spoke to her, she nodded.

”Only a small amount. I am still learning.” Mirette replied, her accent much heavier than her brother’s, but also showed some difficulty in speaking English. It appeared that she had only learned it recently. Her brother had a dark look in his eyes as she said she was still learning, but kept quiet and turned his attention to the Oracle.

”That will be fine Monsieur Oracle. We have all the time in the world now. No place to run off to or run home to actually.” Emmanuel was tempted to get a stronger drink after saying this, but knew that once he had one drink, he would have another and that would be terrible for their journey. In his thoughts, he had almost forgotten about the map. ”Ah yes, thank you for your help. I would not want to be lost in the desert with my sister for another day. I think I would have said something I would regret and she would have turned me into a rabbit if we had not found this place.”

Mirette huffed at this, crossing her arms after putting on her last shoe. She always resented his joking accusations. Besides, she didn’t know how to do anything that complicated yet. The most she could do to him was cast a silencing spell on him to keep him from talking.

Miss Tressia's Spouse

Sagely Prophet

Xerixa
Oracle smiled, "I see your sister is not the only one to have a rabid curiousity. Yes, I am blessed with the ability to see the future as well as the past. Well, not THE future, per se, as the future is a series of fluid and ever changing events. It's more like I can see all possible futures, but I have no idea which one will be the correct one." The Seer smiled back at the knight before turning back to his sister. "It's impressive that you know even that much. Some people have the aptitude for spellcraft, and some don't. You must have had a very good teacher."

As Oracle turned to speak to the knight again, the kettle on the stove behind him began to hiss. "Oh, that'd be the tea." Turning to the stove, the Seer grabbed steaming kettle, without gloves, and poured the steaming contents into two of the mugs nearest to him. These two mugs just so happened to contain tea bags of the same Rose Tea that Emmanuel and Mirette had ordered. Turning to the brother and sister with a smile, Oracle placed the mugs of Rose Tea down in front of them. Once the mugs were set, Oracle reached under the bar and pulled a dusty scroll from it's container. "Two mugs of Rose Tea, and a map to Vilitherin, as requested."
Reader of Omens

The knight laughed and nodded, his black hair falling around his face a little more. ”You are correct on that count. From all the time that I’ve spent at the front and traveling with the army, I’ve found that there is so much more out there than just our little kingdom.” Both siblings listened with interest as he spoke about his ability, Mirette finding him even more intriguing while Emmanuel found him a bit more ominous. No matter what they felt then as soon as Oracle mentioned Mirette having a good teacher, both siblings bristled noticeably and Emmanuel gained a dark look in his eyes.

”Oh yes…he was a great teacher to her…Right before he betrayed his king and country, led an opposition force through the well fortified castle, and slaughtered men, women, and children like it was nothing.”

”La ferme, Emmanuel!” Mirette snapped at her brother, who turned to face her instead of Oracle. The hot day in the desert and the touchy subject was all that it took for an argument to start.

”What, did I miss something?” Emmanuel asked sarcastically and in English as, for once, he wanted someone else to hear the truth. Truly he was not thinking of his sister’s feelings as he was too tired and too upset at his own losses to care. ”You were his student! You should have seen what he was planning. Or were you too enamored with him to notice his plans?” Mirette seemed to be struggling to remain calm as she bit her lip, lowering her head a little as her brother continued on his miniature tirade. ”And there’s no telling what he taught you in that horrible world of magic! For all I know, he could have taught you dark magic and you wouldn’t know any better! And since he taught you in his private quarters, I don’t even want to think what he could have enchanted you to do with him or persuaded you to do whilst-“

But Emmanuel was stopped before he could suggest that his sister had been sleeping with the court magician by Mirette slapping him across the face. She rarely acted this impetuous, but it was also rare that she was antagonized like this. ”Just because the princess you were having an affair with chose a prince over you, it gives you no right to take your anger out on me.” Mirette said coldly before she walked outside to cool off. The slap seemed to have knocked some sense back into her brother, who sighed and rubbed his cheek before turning back to the barkeep.

”Thank you for the tea and the map. How much do I owe you for both? And how much would it cost to rent a room for the night? I do not know the currency here, but ours was gold pieces…” He sighed, his cheek stinging, but his pride hurting a little more for what he just said to his own sibling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff