Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
“Qoute goes here”

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

{Be sure to check the Event post for special rules that may apply.}

▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀
xoxoxoxoxoRules
1.) Show respect. This is essential.

2.) Literacy. This is expected. However, should you lack literacy skills but wish to improve feel free to PM me. In the meantime, please make effort to be as literate as possible.

3.) No godmodding. This is an absolute rule. I expect everyone to follow this rule, myself included. If you feel godmodding has become an issue, please discuss this maturely with the person in question or with a mod via PM.

4.) Obey the TOS. No spamming, bumping, trolling, no quoting the first page and absolutely no fishing for cyber partners. These things will not be tolerated.

5.) If you have any questions feel free to ask. We'll be happy to assist you in any way we can.

6.) Any race from any universe is welcome here as the Dead End is located within a dimensional crossroad. However, when bringing your character in please remember there is to be no godmodding regardless of whether your character is a ‘god-like’ character or not.

7.) To unlock the Door of Turpitude, quote the Sin you fall under with a IC post and they will present you with a key as soon as they are able. Then you may cross into the world of Valaura as you please. If there is no current Lord or Lady for your Sin, please quote Lord Pride instead.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Welcome~
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Hello, Gaian’s. Welcome to our humble thread. The Dead End tavern is designed to be a recruitment thread for my character's homeworld; Valaura. However, it also serves as it's own thread so feel free to stick around here and interact or cross over into the world of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Setting
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

The path you travel is harsh and you feel an emptiness that mimics the land around you. No vegetation is in sight, the sun's taxing rays depriving both you and the land of any kind of nourishment. The wild, unbridled energy this particular path seemed to emit feeds your chaotic tendencies and urges you forward. Then, standing in front of what appears to be a tavern, worn down but sturdy, you stare in disbelief at the sign that mocks, "Dead End." Looking into the vast dessert around you, surely the owner is a cynic. No matter; appearances only mattered to those who could afford them, and right now, you can't exactly afford to keep traveling without so much as a glass of water.

Almost panicked, you swing open the doors where a small bell chimes and alerts the staff of a customer. It's everything inside that you might expect from the looks of the bar's outside. Yet two bar maids beam at you from behind the counter. They look almost as if they'd been expecting you, knowing smiles on their faces. Both are wearing quite long hair in a pony tail that reaches nearly to their behinds, and they wear a matching uniform, but the similarities end there.

The first woman you notice, mostly because she is leaning casually against a wooden pillar, hand raised in a coy little wave, has sandy hair so blonde it's almost white under the right lighting. Her build is tall and slim, and her eyes shine a striking scarlet. You can't help but notice an almost other-worldly pull about her and without realizing it you've taken a few steps further in. Bewildered, you take your eyes off her and take in your other hostess. Where the first woman was tall and thin, the other was petite and curvy and deliciously toned. Her long hair was a deep raven black, falling at about the same length as the other woman's hair. Her arms are folded over her chest, and she's giving the first hostess a sullen look as if to reprimand, 'Don't scare off the customers.' The woman with the blonde hair notices, huffs, and joins the other behind the counter as they say in unison, "Welcome!"

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Events

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

None Currently~

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Event Setting

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Event Theme Song

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Event Rules and Guidelines

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Announcements and Updates

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Update: [April 30, 2012]

The Tavern has been re-vamped and moved to Gaia Commerce.

Announcement: [November 28, 2011]

Today is Lord Pride's Birthday of the Seven Deadly Sins. Happy Birthday Pride!

Update: [Oct 27, 2011]

Valaura has fallen, the heart destroyed by Demona Vika. The heavy feeling of sorrow in the air lingers and this small tavern is offered for refuge to the residents of the castle. Here we will eager await the return of our Lord.

Announcement: [Oct 29, 2011]

To help ease the passing of our beloved Valaura and to anticipate Lord Pride’s return, Bunni and I will be hosting a Halloween Masquerade here within the Tavern. It will be opened to any and all. The ball begins on Halloween and will last all day.

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Affiliates

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

The Original Seven Deadly Sins!

User Image

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Door of Turpitude

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Dead End; a mock tavern filled with creaking wood floors, dusty walls and an air of raw bellicosity. There is only one way into the sooty tavern, a set of wooden double doors that swing open with a simple push. Leaving through these same doors will lead you back into the wasteland and returning to whatever dimension you stumbled in from. Yet another exit exist, one that cannot be seen from the outside. Any who explore might stumble upon it but only after traversing the ground floor to reach the very back of the building. A narrow, dim hall lined with portraits of horrendous beast leads you here. To reach the hall one would exit the bar room, pass the various rooms available, and round several maze worthy corners.

Arriving, the first thing that comes to attention is a sign reading; ‘EXIT’. It hums with electricity, the red neon lights out of place within the old-world styled pub. Crackles of energy, a constant dimming of light, and flying sparks issues caution as it seems to be in disrepair. Looking down, the door held its own abnormalities. An outline of magical runes written in chalk covered the frame and carvings of beautiful artistic adorn the actual door. With the first glance it seemed nothing but random designs until upon closer inspection the seven humanoid forms come into view. Some ethereal pull draws you in and you begin to notice the eerie glow to each pair of eyes.

He resided within the center of the others, proud hues of violet gazing deep to judge one’s soul. The royal ambience of this man could only be seen as ultimate authority, like the mightiest of all kings. Superiority hummed deep within your core, a certainty that you alone were greater than all others. Anyone who dared challenge the fact would be quickly eliminated without mercy. Confused to the strange surge of foreign emotions, you turn to the other sets of eyes.

Blue; enticing, hauntingly, endless blue that makes you wish to drown within the depths. She looked so sweet, so delicious. An alluring melody rung within your ears even as silence surrounded the immediate area. Still, that liquid call of seduction makes you desire to caress the figure longingly, to fall into her every whim. Jerking your eyes away the hues of another capture your attention.

His were orange; and the needs of your body suddenly beg to be satiated. Food, alcohol, sex and every other primitive yearning seems to fill you with an insatiable appetite. You’re mouth begins to water, your fingers itch, and those pumpkin colored eyes seem to smirk wide in mockery. Anything necessary to fill this void would be done, any means to end this ravenous hunger. You could only pull away, hoping it would end soon.

Crimson, a color that could only be described as blood. This stoic figure promised pain in more ways than ever imaginable. One cross word, one sour look and it was likely he would shatter every bone, tear every tendon and bleed dry every vein. Somehow you could understand as every molecule within you begged to abuse the offenders, to rage against those who wronged you in the slightest. You’d gladly give into the uncontrollable rage if only there is a promise of revenge and retribution.

No; pulling away you meet the golden eyes of another. This one looked wealthy, like he possessed everything in the world. Still would stop at nothing to get his hands on anything not already his. Only the fool would dare touch this one’s treasures. You felt that foolish, the covetous need to possess everything; gold, lovers, slaves, fear and respect. All of it must be yours. Wearily, your eyes pull away.

Infinite green captures you. Her need to possess everything that belongs to another; the desire that no one outshine her makes those smiling eyes ardently brutal. Should anyone show her up, this Queen's covetous nature will surely rip them to shreds. Why shouldn’t she? No one should possess something you didn't and a raw hatred swells at the thought that someone might. Merciless retribution could be the only solution to such a situation. Only by turning away did the loathing end.

Pale blue, like a lush pillow luring you into the comforts of slumber, was embedded within the last figure. Lethargic lids drooped upon her dejected gaze, a state of apathy lounging beneath the surface. No effort would be put forth for everyday task. What was the point anyway? It was all hopeless and useless; nothing but tedious task for a mundane, pointless society. Only sleep seemed to hold meaning, and that was only to escape the arduous demands of life.

With every set of eyes peering boundlessly within your soul, you knew them to be the embodiment of the seven cardinal sins. What else could pull upon the darkness within your depths with such temptations? Whether it might be curiosity, a need for knowledge or some other profound personality quirk you push upon the door to enter as no handle is presented. When it would not give, you wondered if perhaps the door is simply a mural and nothing more. Then, something seemed to whisper within your mind, a hint to speak aloud the Sin that most appealed to your nature. Only should you follow the wordless, instinctive advice would a being appear to present you with a key; one specific to the Sin you confessed. Then upon opening the door, the way would lead you to the home of these deadly beings. Enter only if you dare.

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Current Sin's of Valaura

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

User Image
Pride the Ever-Living

User Image
Kawaii Swagger

User Image
?????

User Image
Jack_McLoughlin

User Image
Victoria Voss

User Image
Riketse

User Image
Wrathful Misanthropist

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Current Staff

Anyone who wishes to try for a staff position, please PM me. I will expect you to take your duties seriously. Part of which includes and is not limited to greeting new customers and handling disputes civilly.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Bartender: Reader of Omens

Bartender: Jack_McLoughlin

Waitress: Anise Silverclaw

Waitress:

Bouncer:

Bouncer:

Aged Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anise Silverclaw
“That is true I suppose, but I feel more flexible and more agile with less clothings.” She shrugged lightly, a soft grin still on her face as restless legs crossed at the ankles. “I’m doing well I’d like to think. Handling things like normal and enjoying the fun moments. And how about you, Drake? I hope you’re doing well.” Casually, Anger propped her chin within a callous palm, which in turn was propped with an elbow on the table.
Drake chuckled lightly and smiled a bit. "I'm glad to hear that." He said before taking another sip of whiskey from his glass. Putting the glass down he would smirk once more and look at Anise. "I'm doing well enough. Been handling a few things within my own dimension, thought I'd take a break from it and check up on you." He chuckled lightly. "I would check on everyone else, but that would mean entering Pride's domain, something I'm not sure I want to do." He stated with a half hearted chuckle. "So what all has happened since I left?" He asked before deciding to down the rest of the whiskey in the glass.

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Drake Magestrail
Drake chuckled lightly and smiled a bit. "I'm glad to hear that." He said before taking another sip of whiskey from his glass. Putting the glass down he would smirk once more and look at Anise. "I'm doing well enough. Been handling a few things within my own dimension, thought I'd take a break from it and check up on you." He chuckled lightly. "I would check on everyone else, but that would mean entering Pride's domain, something I'm not sure I want to do." He stated with a half hearted chuckle. "So what all has happened since I left?" He asked before deciding to down the rest of the whiskey in the glass.

“Well I’m glad you took the time to check up on me. It’s always nice hearing from old friends.” Anise then shifted, leaning back casually in the chair, though her shoulders and back remained straight. “I can’t say for sure about everyone else, but I know your presence is missed by one person. It’d be nice to have you around again, but I respect your decision none the less.” Silver eyes drifting off into the distance the woman took on a thoughtful look. “Well, few thrones have changed again, Bunni is Lust again, a few new members and some members that went rogue. Other than that off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything.” Turning back to look at Drake, with a faint smile she continued: “Things seem to be changing though, and I want to imagine for the better.”

Aged Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anise Silverclaw
Drake Magestrail

“Well I’m glad you took the time to check up on me. It’s always nice hearing from old friends.” Anise then shifted, leaning back casually in the chair, though her shoulders and back remained straight. “I can’t say for sure about everyone else, but I know your presence is missed by one person. It’d be nice to have you around again, but I respect your decision none the less.” Silver eyes drifting off into the distance the woman took on a thoughtful look. “Well, few thrones have changed again, Bunni is Lust again, a few new members and some members that went rogue. Other than that off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything.” Turning back to look at Drake, with a faint smile she continued: “Things seem to be changing though, and I want to imagine for the better.”
Drake gave a slight chuckle."At least I'm missed by somebody."He stated as he poured himself another drink. Once finished he would put the bottle of whiskey down and stare down at the table for a moment, as if in deep thought. He would then slowly bring the fresh drink to his lips and take a sip. "I certainly hope things change for the better there. They certainly didn't in my time there." He said with the glass still close to his lips. Peeking at the glass, he would once again decide to down the remainder of the drink.
Anise Silverclaw
Dante Giacomo Diavolo
The Dragon Traitor

With: Anise and Drake
Mood: Nostalgic

As the two carried on their conversation, an unnatural cold would settle in the air. It would feel as if all that was warm and pleasant had been drawn from the room, only to be replaced by the feeling of despair. Then, in front of the entrance, a small black flame would spark. It would grow, an unknown force feeding in until it grew to the size of a old, yet familiar figure. As the flames subsided, there stood a man who had not stood in that doorway for countless days. His flowing white hair looked just as did before, his piercing violet eyes looking directly at the two figures from his past. He wore just black jeans and combat boots, his bare, toned chest bearing a large scar across it. Looking around,he would finally rest his eyes upon Anise, a small grin upon his lips as he said, "Long time no see, Anger."

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Drake Magestrail
Dante the Traitor

]“I’m sure they will. They’re a lot more of us working toward that goal.” Leaning forward, Anger watched while he downed his drink. “If you ever do decide to come back there, you know there will always be a place for you in Wrath’s legion. If not, you’re free to stay here for however long you like.”

It was about this time, the element of cold worked its way into the tavern, clinging deliciously to the woman’s pale skin. Silver eyes turned toward the door, realizing something seemed different. Watching as a black flame sparked and grew to reveal Dante, the Warrior’s eyes widen in surprise. “Hello, Dante. What a pleasant surprise to see you again. Make yourself at home.”

Aged Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Drake gave a soft chuckle."Thanks. But as I said, I'm simply checking up on things around here." He stated before looking over to Dante "Well hello there old friend." He simply stated with a soft smirk across his lips.
(Writers....block....kicking...in. x.x)

Devoted Knight

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I've been dealing with quite a bit of writer's block lately, so i understand. >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games