Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Bear

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Damien leaned on the bar and started throwing peanuts at Maxie to try and distract him. It wasn't a sure bet, but Sylph was gonna try and calm him somehow. It was rare that either of them had anyone get under their skin like Brenden had Maxie's. With a slight whistle, Sylph leaned under the bar and arose with a watermelon as a warning of what would be coming soon.

The angel continued to watch the group of newcomers as he nodded to Maxie. "Oh yeah. I found it. No, you can't have it." Reaching under the bar, Damien lifted the ancient Atlantean shotgun that had once belonged to Rex Moonsong and laid it on the bar. He smiled and bounced like a little kid. "I wanna try to get the old man to teach me how to use it. That is if he doesn't just smack me upside the head and take it away like most of the ancient tech I have gotten my hands on." There was a small laugh as Sylph returned his attention to the new group.

His eyes narrowed as he began to read the new people. He couldn't quite grasp the dragon or the fey, but the angel was written like a book. His past and his liniage were all there, so why wasn't Sylph able to get much out of it? There was a long groan as Sylph called a friend and said something in a quick, unknown language before turning to Maxie. Through the mind link, Sylph started speaking again. "I wouldn't be so sure. I have heard of the plane he is from, but it was said to vanish completely when the human, vampiric, and lycan planes became one. Maxie,he is from Algonia, which is said to be a sister plane to the Celestial Plane. The only people with access to it are said to be the celestials and the heads of each race. Set aside planes walkers. We may need to call Az and the old man for this one."
Maxie swatted at the peanuts growing more irritated by the moment. When the watermelon came out he rounded on Damien fist raised until he saw the shotgun. His hand fell back to his side and he whistled low and soft, reaching towards it but not actually touching it.

" Aye but that is a sight isn't it? Good luck gettin the old man to let ya use it. You know how he is about stuff like that. He might teach it to ya but you ain't touchin his weapon." He actually grinned having forgotten about Brenden for a moment. At least until he heard Sylph in his mind. * That would explain somethings wouldn't it? *

He would have said more except for the distraction of the slap upside the back of both his and Damien's heads at the same time.
" Haven't I always told ya lads to keep your hands off my stuff. Where did ya find it Damien?" There was Rex, himself, eyes bright like a child's as he picked up the shotgun watching the the blue lines trace over it in intricate patterns as he held it.

" Ahh and I missed ya too lass." He said in a tone usually reserved for Celeste.

Beloved Bear

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Damien laughed and lifted the watermelon. His hands slid sideways as he swung the melon at Maxie. There was a smack and Damien dropped the melon towards Maxie's foot as he grabbed the back of his head. "For ******** sake. If I turn around and that's not my wife, I am gonna shoot whoever is standing behind me." Sylph spun and saw Rex, his manners changing almost instantly.

He grinned as Rex lifted the shotgun. "I don't think so." Sylph snagged the gun and slung it over his shoulder. The grin was ever present on Sylph's face as he started to get cocky. "This was residing in a weapon's cache under the Sahara Desert. Secton 14 of the weapons code states that anything left in one place for over a thousand years, outside a sixteen hundred radius of the owner, ownership is then transferred to the person that picks it up next. So, you want the shotgun? I need you to open something."

He then nodded to Rex and tossed him the shotgun and leaned on the bar. "Or, information will suffice." He nodded to Brenden, Gabriella, and Drake. "What can you tell me about Algonia or any of it's residents. That smartassed kid is older than you by our standards. I need to know abilities, races, ages, time flow differences, everything. I don't really want to ask Cy, and you know why. He can't give me information about unlisted planes. You, however, are not bound by that law and I need to know what potential threat they pose." Damien's voice gave him away. Something he read on Brenden scared the s**t out of him.
Maxie instinctively kicked out as the melon came down for his foot launching it over the counter where it landed with a slapt sending seeds and fruit bits over the party of visitors. He might have been pleased with this if he wasn't now dealing with his father and Damien keeping something from their father.

Rex didn't look pleased with Damien taking the weapon or him citing old rules and laws at him. " Go ahead then lad. Try ta fire it. Won't work for ya." Rex caught the gun running a loving hand over it . He looked over to where the three were standing , one could see the wheels turning in his head.

" And why do ya think that I know anything about any of that? What do ya want opened? The fact that he wasn't answering Damien sent a message of it's own.

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Gabby rolled her eyes. <Algonian> you’re such a dunder head. <Algonian> she muttered shaking her head, though despite her annoyance there was a small smile on her face. Honestly, what was she expecting. Drake and her had left him there…alone for like four weeks, first for her training and then to find the Krys chicks human friend and then to take care of some interplanetary chaos that Drake STILL wouldn’t tell her about. <Algonian> It’s my fault. Should know better than to leave tomes where you can get to them when you feel like acting like a child. <Algonian> She patted his head as she walked through the bar. Personally, she was just glad that it was another reality rather than some other magic he had tried. She would look around the bar before taking a seat and raising a brow. Her fingers played with the beads of her necklace. The strand of wishes had come from her running a favor for a wishmonger. So far, she had used them to wish for languages. Languages fascinated her. As she sat down on the couch across from Drake a small green ball of energy appeared in her hands. It was benevolent enough. She simply appeared to be bored. she looked at Drake. <draconic> I don’t suppose there is anything you can do to get us back home?
<draconic>

Drake looked up from the fire and shrugged at her student and friend. <draconic> I am sure I could do a lot of things. But really, would that be any fun? I’m in the mind to make you fix this little mess. Seeing as you are the one who left the tome where he could find it.
<draconic> she shrugged again before crushing the green energy ball and smirking as fairy dust covered Gabriella in a cloud. Her brow raised at the appearance of the new people, and she turned to watch Krys, wondering if the woman had said anything about her. The Demoness seemed to be a bit more balanced than a few weeks ago. It still gave the dragon amusement to see her in the motherly role. Speaking of being Motherly, were were the two wolf brats? She arched a brow.

Krys made her way back behind the bar. Her eyes darted to the strand of wishes that the Fey was playing with. Well that was interesting. She would remain silent, just observing, that is, until Damien showed up. When he started throwing peanuts she would let out a merry laugh, though she did try to bite it back, sensing the rather dangerous mood that Maxie seemed to be feeling. She rolled her eyes when he pulled the gun out and shook her head as Rex arrived. Yes Damien, because the last thing you need is another weapon that goes boom. Didn’t you learn you lesson about ancient tech last time? You know, with the whole accidental world annihilation? She Watched Dei and Drake, wondering what exactly had happened to Keep Dei in the manor for so long. Meh, it wasn’t her concern and she didn’t really care. She simply leaned against the bar, content to just watch. Rex, are you hungry? Can I get you something to eat? Yes, her first reaction was to make sure everyone was fed.
Rex shook his head no to Krys and leaned against the bar looking between his sons and Brenden. It was clear the old man knew something about what was going on but wasn't ready to tell yet. He ran a loving hand over the shotgun , tracing the curve of the stock and sighting down the barrel. He would speak in his own good time. RIght now he was amused at his sons behavior and he figured he was due for a little entertainment.

Maxie was having a hard time settling down. Why this kid rubbed him the wrong way he really didn't know. But he did, with out a doubt. The big lycan jumped up to sit on the back of the bar wishing that Tear was home and this group was gone. Although if Tear was home he doubted he would care if they were here anymore. The thought brought a rather evil grin to his face that showed his lupine like canines.

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Krys simply nodded at Rex and went back to her position against the inside wall arms folded. Her eyes closed as her inner eye opened. Like everyone else, she was trying to read the three new comers. An eye opened and arched at the draconic that the fey was speaking. When they fell silent, Krys sighed. I’ll go prepare some rooms. her eyes met the dragons. Just in case. she offered up a forced smile before dragging herself up the stairs. She would peek her head into the twins’ room, smiling seeing Rene and Jayden and Des actually behaving. Des was sitting there making fingers burst motions and saying “poof”. The twins were taking turns throwing pink sparkling glitter in the air when she wasn’t looking at them. Krys would stifle a giggle as she closed the door, then opened Graces. Grace’s bed had been moved into a corner, and the blackout curtains were drawn. The young woman was shifted into her smaller wolf form and curled up in the far corner of the bed. Krys shook her head and closed the door then made her way to three empty rooms. She would pull the sheets and covers off to be washed, open the windows to air the rooms out, clean the bathrooms and dust. When all was done, she’d make her way into her room and fall face down on her bed. She would pick her head up and look at a picture of the family that was on her side of the night stand. Then another of her and Kael. She would stare at it for a few blinks, then lay her head back down. She was tired. and drained. And she didn't know why. She wasn't sure she would be able to handle it if Drake went chaotic mode.Text at the end of each message
Having seen everyone settled and sent to room for the night, his father heading back home to Celeste, Maxie finally relaxed. He didn't know why the trio of newcomers still set him on edge , but they did. With a few more grumbles about Brendan, the big Lycan made for the roof.

He laid stretched out, one leg crossed over the other, arms behind his head starting up at the stars lost in thoughts of his own. Occasional a grin, laugh , or smirk would escape showing the outside world that the thoughts were good ones

. He even started humming to himself at some point then went quiet, that gentle smile reserved for only one person coloring his features. He occasionally nodded his head as though he was speaking, though he said nothing out loud. Those who knew him knew that meant he was speaking to Tear mentally. He often wondered if he would be able to handle her ever being away from him if they couldn't at least share this. Maxie knew the answer, it was no.

The night faded away into early dawn before he finally rose, shadow stepping to his room to shower and change before heading down stairs. Straight to the kitchen he went, making a hugh pot of oatmeal seasoned with brown sugar and maple syrup, filled with fruit and nuts. Taking a large bowl he wandered back into the bar , sat at one of the tables and began a list of things he wanted to get accomplished.

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

a moment of fear and confusion woke Gabby from her light slumber followed by a feeling of clarity and ease that only came from being around nature. Not the city then, not home, but not the cold prison of a city. She signed and sat up, making her way to the open window. It was good that the plants here were so similar to those of her home plane. Her lips quirked as the morning sun kissed her skin. The woman, Jack, if she remembered correctly, was walking back from the forest, a basket full of apples in her arms. Gabby moved away from the window, brushing a piece of her purple locks out of her eyes. five minutes later found her down stairs. She paused at the bottom and gave the large lycan a friendly, if not a little reserved, smile. Good morning. Maxie was it? she paused and beckoned to his bowl of oatmeal. Remarkable how similar these two planes were. Still this was not home. And Drake had made it perfectly clear last night that the dragon would be of no help in this little misadventure. Do you mind if I have a bowl?
The door opened to revile the little human. Jack grinned at the new comer and Maxie. Morning. I found apple trees. You don’t think Krys will mind that I picked…I know she can get rather over protective of the forest. she paused, thinking about how Krys had connected with and let the forest go homicidal to protect it. She paused and thought about what she had just said and laughed. Really, it’s not like she had burned the forest down, or threatened the family. And Krys was reasonable. This whole second guessing herself had to stop. She set the apples down on the counter, grinning. Perhaps Krys would know a recipe for some apple sauce…or apple pie. Yum, apple pie. She practically bounced on her heels, excited with the prospect of homemade apple pie.
Maxie looked up from his list making as Gabby, paused a moment, then grinned and nodded towards the Kitchen. " Nah help yourself. There are some bowls and stuff on the dryin rack. " He looked towards the stairs half expecting to see Brendan follow the fey creature down. He knew there was some sort of relationship there, their auras were linked.

" No Jack I don't think she will mind. It's actually good for the trees and maybe we can get her to make some pies for us." He gave her a wink and went back to his list, reading back down it and adding a few more things to the bottom.

8,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Gabby smiled her thanks and went to grab a bowl of food and fruit. Her eyes darted around the large kitchen appreciatively as she grabbed a bowl, filled it and moved aside to let Jack into the kitchen. Would you like any help washing them or anything?

Jack blushed slightly, stopped bouncing, and titled her head at the male before glaring playfully. Hey stay out of my head. she laughed following Gabby into the kitchen. When The woman turned Jack shrugged. Sure, if you want. she shifted the basket onto her hip and held out a hand.

Gabby smiled, nodded and took the hand. Gabriella. she would pick up an apple and start washing them, handing them to the Jack to dry and making small talk.

When the finale apple was done, Jack would dry her hands. Giddy, she would keep it and grab another one before walking out to the main bar. She would offer the second one to Maxie, taking a bite out of the first and grinning. Oh yum. so, how are you?

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Callalileigh "Callie" Moonstone

☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Callie came down the stairs slowly. She'd only arrived just that night, from helping Angel with the wedding plans and decorations and such. She would have to remember to thank Krys, for letting Des stay with her kids all week, Callie thought as she then headed into the kitchen for something to eat. She was so sleep deprived that she walked into the door at first, cursing softly under her breath and then pushed it open, pausing as she saw Jack was it? and a new person.

She just shook her head and went to grab cereal. She was off duty today, or at least until she woke up. She tried to stifle a yawn as her pink hair fell into her eyes, mussed and disorganized, quite unlike her usual neat self. The black overshirt swished around her bare legs, a pair of tight short shorts the only thing keeping her from being indecent. And she was barefoot, crossing the kitchen slowly as she was likely to stumble in this current state of half sleep consciousness.

Invisible Lover

36,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Egg Collector 100
☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Callalileigh "Callie" Moonstone

☆•*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*•☆

Later that day, Callie would go upstairs and collect Destiny. She then packed a bag of their things and took a crying Destiny downstairs and out to the car. She was off to find Kat and bring her home if she could. And Des was not happy about being taken away from her friends.

Two letters were left. One slid under Andrew's door, telling him where Kat was last, and one left on her nightstand in the room she shared with James, though he had not been back in a long while. She'd seen neither hide nor hair of her husband since he had come home sick three weeks ago. And she was starting to worry, but she remembered what he had said about his phone being broken or something, and that being the reason he had not called or anything.

With a sigh, and a click of the car door shutting, Callie revved the engine and took off into the night, the cries of Destiny fading with the headlights as she and her mom vanished around a curve, unknown as to when they would return.
Maxie took the apple from Jack and winked as he rose to his feet, tucking the piece of paper in his pocket. " I am well lass."And then he was up the stairs to his room. He would appear a few minutes later dressed in an old t- shirt and a battered pair of jeans. A laden tool belt hung around his waist, slung low on his hip like a holster. A mental flip of a switch would turn on the stereo filling the bar with music as Maxie slid down the banister with a laugh. Pulling out the list , he nodded once, and began methodically to tighten all the table legs and chair legs as well as the stools at the bar. He sang as he worked to what ever came up on the radio.

Still part of him was uneasy. He knew Callie had left ,had felt it when she walked out the door with a crying Des. How many times had people, family ,walked out that door and never came back? There was a permanent feeling to the pairs absence and it cut deep. He knew there were many times that Callie felt she wasn't needed or wanted but it had never been true, not once. He paused a minute , his shaggy red head hanging down , then with a sigh went back to work. He would always be here if they ever decided to come back, always ready to welcome family home.

Fashionable Raider

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
The phrase "look what the cat dragged in" was mild compared to the thoughts that circled unending through his mind. James walked in after weeks of being gone. He cringed as he thought of what his wife would have to say. A broken phone should not have stopped him from calling. Truth be told, James was worried that Callie was angry at him for working too much. "I know I know...." he said the minute he stepped out of his car and into the main room of the Crystal Shot Tavern. "I know that I'm a complete a** and not worthy of Callie taking me back. I get so caught up in work...." there was a short pause. James sighed. Whom was he speaking to? His hair had gotten long and shaggy, the tips covering his ears where an earpiece was lodged in his right ear. Hands full of luggage he shouldered his way inside.

"Wait a second.... that disaster wasn't MY fault. You downloaded a virus into the main switch board. How was I to know that nobody at the office could fix it? Yes I know that we agreed on me working one weekend of the month. No. I won't go back on that. I need time to spend with my wife and daughter." James spoke as he dragged his luggage through the room. For the moment he did not notice Maxie there. He sighed and beeped off his earpiece. "Bloody hell." He muttered before looking up. Uh-oh......

Maxie. James gulped. If there was anyone in the bar that frightened James it was Maxie. Well....Damien scared the crap out of him as well.... but seeing the Lycan after weeks of work away made James very uneasy. Maxie was like a father to Callie. And James chewed on his lower lip. Maybe Maxie didn't notice his entrance. Maybe he could get upstairs before his presence was noticed and the lecture of a father was bound to be had. There were far too many maybe's running through his head. Nope. Better face whatever like a man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff