=/ ... You're not staying are you?

Duh... NO! 0.24558404558405 24.6% [ 431 ]
*shrug* I might check it out. 0.21709401709402 21.7% [ 381 ]
Suuuuure. ^_^ 0.11965811965812 12.0% [ 210 ]
STFU AND GIVE ME GOOOOLD!!! :k 0.41766381766382 41.8% [ 733 ]
Total Votes:[ 1755 ]

Sorry to disappoint =P
son...

it'd be too easy to say i'm disappoint!!!
OH THE SHAME
YOU MUST WEAR THE CONE OF SHAME

SHAME SHAME
Neko looked up from her spot on the table, becoming very aware of the girl that she had thought passed. That sense of curiosity over took her cat sense and sent her off the table to trot after the girl quietly. She waited by the door frame as the girl disappeared into some bushes, her tail twitching steadily as she waited for the girls return.

it occurred to Neko around about this time, that she had no real reason to follow this girl, except for the fact that she seemed interesting. With something akin to a shrug, she licked her paw and proceeded to brush the fur around her ears.
I'd like to share something with you guys. It was written nearly a millennium ago in the Azura highlands. Its original purpose was a fairy tale, but like many fairy tales it hasn't been told to a child in its' original form in centuries due to the content. However, I find it a particularly interesting story. Tell me what you think...
"Rienn...Rienn, are you alright?"
Rienn had drifted away, staring at the flickering torch Bastalo carried in his hand. She turned sleepily to him.
"Rienn, I know this is difficult, but you have to stay with me. I can't do this alone."
Her eyes snapped back to the torch and she nodded slowly.
"I'm really trying. This is just all so hard on me."
Bastalo leaned in.
"You're doing great, really. We're almost to Redthorn. You can rest there in a big bed at the inn. We just need to keep moving."
"Okay." Rienn nodded again - this time far more confidently - and rested her hand absentmindedly on her stomach.
Rienn had come to trust Bastalo, the local physician, immensely in the the months since he told her she was pregnant. When word reached the tribe, it had been decreed by the ruling council that her child was to be one of destiny. He was to be born an Anno of the Sun, a privileged position in phoenixborn society. However, because of this he was to be taken from Rienn at birth and raised in seclusion, where he would learn to fulfill his duty. This revelation horrified Rienn, and her unwillingness to comply with the elder council's ruling left her branded a traitor. Friendless and losing hope, Rienn took solace in the company of her doctor.

In an era when evil spirits were blamed for nearly every malady encountered, Bastalo was a pioneer; Often considered one of the founders of modern biological theory. As such, he put little faith in the claims that failure to deliver the Anno to the council would damn the tribe for eternity. He was a vocal supporter of Rienn's choice from the beginning, leveraging the respect he had gathered from the community against their animosity. Even so, after four months he could see it wearing upon her; she had no family to support her in such times, and had begun to decline in health. So Bastalo asked her to stay with him in his manor. She was thrilled. Likewise, as Bastalo had never married, he found the added female presence welcome in his cold house. The two occupied themselves with shared isolation, lazily walking around the lake at the back of the property or spending afternoons deep in conversation about what little they knew of the world outside their small village. Rienn's health even improved, and it looked as though she would be able to give birth in peace. But the village council grew desperate as her pregnancy advanced. With less than a month to go, the tension boiled over. The council proclaimed that the child must be delivered to them, no matter the cost. By nightfall a mob had formed at the gates of the manor, demanding Rienn turn herself over. When Bastalo approached the gate and calmly explained that this would not happen, the crowd surged. They would soon overturn the gate and force their way in. Bastalo ran upstairs and gathered Rienn, and they ran off into the thick woods with torches bobbing in the distance behind them. By the time they reached the road south, the forest was dark in every direction, and they stopped to light a torch of their own and discuss their plans.

As they walked the road south to Redthorn, Bastalo checked over his shoulder every few minutes to ensure they were not being followed. Aside from their footsteps on the gravel path and the flickering of the flame, not a sound could be heard as they trudged onwards. As morning dawned, they finally arrived in Redthorn, and Rienn promptly fell asleep at the inn, while Bastalo kept watchful eye over the room. He knew Redthorn could only be a temporary solution. As the next town south from their home, it would be the first place to search for someone escaping on foot. Sure enough, come mid-day he glanced out the window and recognized three men from town questioning nearly everyone they passed. He roused Rienn, and they left town through the back alleys, just before he would-be captors stomped into the inn.

Ousted from two havens, Bastalo fell in to despiration. He knew of only one other safe place. It was a cave, hardly fit to birth a child, but it was the only choice offered them now. It was protected by magic, being the former study of a wizard Bastalo once studied under. Rienn agreed it was their last option, and the two took to the woods again. They slowly ascended the hills through the wild underbrush until Rienn nearly collapsed. Finally they stood on a thin rock out cropping, the only foothold before the wide mouth of the cave. Rienn went to rest, and Bastalo looked out upon the canopy of treetops below. The cave would not hide them forever, but he hoped between its location and the magical protection upon it they had bought enough time for Rienn to have the child. He underestimated the town's fanatacism. After a week of quiet, the trees on the horizon began to disappear. One by one the evergreens fell under the their axes, and were consumed in their fires, until it was inevitable that the cave would be found. With mere days left, Bastalo watched in horror as the forest shrunk under the shocking sky, now orange and black from the thick plumes of smoke. At long last, Rienn went into labor, and as she screamed out the woodsmen came upon their cave. They turned and ran back to tell the camp as roar and howl emanated from the young woman in the cave. As the hellish months took their last toll upon Rienn, the lumber camp surged up the hill, dozens strong, to close in upon her; and when they stormed the cave, weapons drawn, Rienn sat peacefully. She was wrapped in a warm blanket and cradling a small bundle, rocking it gently in her arms. As they cut down Bastalo, amongst the din of clashing steel they could hear her cooing to the newborn boy inside.
"It will all be okay...I won't let them hurt you...

...You're my miracle...

...my son...

...my Gerynon..."
I THINK I WANNNA KNOW WHO DA BABY DADDY

(/unproductives hehee
scuse me while i try to write a portfolio)
Sister Soulboom
I THINK I WANNNA KNOW WHO DA BABY DADDY

(/unproductives hehee
scuse me while i try to write a portfolio)

It's intentionally ambiguous. No one knows.

Variations of the tale over the years have attempted to speculate as to the identity of the father, but even they admit that whoever he was, he certainly wasn't around by the time this story takes place. To be most historically accurate based on what we know, the father is typically left out altogether.
The cat fur remained stuck. Welp, she thought to herself, guess I'm going to have to just....

"DEAL WITH IT."

Now would be an opportune time for some shades to fall on her face. But that'd be just silly. So, instead of acting out a cool meme, she just rubbed at her sleep smeared eyes and trudged about noisily.

{{sorry neko i have no idea what to do with vinnie now that she's up and about )):
nicko: how dat gurl gonna get chile support den}}
{{BEFORE I LEAVE FOR A LONG TIME

cats}}
Sister Soulboom
{{BEFORE I LEAVE FOR A LONG TIME

cats}}

((teeheeeeheeeeehahahahahahahahaaaaa!))
y this always happen
What, the silence?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items