Welcome to Gaia! ::

((tis perfectly fine... I'm quite sleepy myself.
figured bringing this ole guy in here would be adequate precursor to things to come in the Rustico >.>
sleep tight.))
He gave the woman called Fiona a charming smile. "That is most pleasing to hear." Though, he couldn't imagine why they would lend out rooms free of charge. He'd feel guilty about it unless he left behind some amount of coin. "Nice to meet you, lady Fiona. I am Cael'ashk Sunstrider of the Quel'dorei, though simply Cael is enough." Twas then that he turned to the woman who appeared to be slightly younger and had yet to speak. Yet the young lady would instead reach out and touch the man's cheek, and then her knew. "Mana." He stated, perhaps as if to confirm it. "How fitting." He gave her a smile, reaching up and taking her hand in his before she could withdraw it. She would feel a warm, yet comfortable sensation in it, like placing your hands over a hearth on a cold winter day. When his own hands withdrew, a single petal of a rose would remain in hers. "In my language, mana is the essence of magic. It is the power that flows through all living things, giving them strength of life and fortitude of knowledge."

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_star Souza and Mana gaia_star
Location: M- main area, S - gym / Accompanying: No one, Everyone else

"Hm." She sounded to confirm his pronunciation of her name. It was nice that he got it and didn't give her a strange look like other had done before in her past.
Mana nodded slowly, a small blush coming to her face as she saw the petal. Kindness always did have that affect on her stony visage. She closed her hand around the petal and let her hand drop to her side with her other. He explained her name and Mana nodded two times, telling him that she knew and liked her name because of that with her soft smile. Her blue-green eyes would linger on the elf for an extra moment before she turned her head to the other, sort of expecting his name as well.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A crook of the head is not always a well noted event. When your head is many degrees wider and heavier than the average bipedal, however, the inquisitive c**k does seem a touch more dramatic. The bluegreen silks flitted as Territh cocked his head. He was picking up a good amount of mental power, emitting strongly in a short span, like low amperage with extremely high voltage. Even so, there was a residual field of energy and, like a whisper on the proverbial wind, her name echoed most haunting.

Territh smiled in his eyes once more and made another burbling click. Amusing. Conveying words in a language was a practiced skill for most Der'khal so Territh paused but realized he was getting distracted. Territh turned to regard Fiona. The crystal hummed once more.

"I am pleased to hear it! I am likewise pleased at your greeting, Fiona. You may all call me by my given name, Territh. I am known to respond to other inclinings as well."

Everyone seemed decent and pleasant, so far.

Golden Gatekeeper

Feeling a bit off, probably from all the telepathy or psionic energies going around…as the girl wasn’t quite used to so much energy going around…Fiona reached out and took a hold of Mana’s hand again. For the moment, it felt like a type of support she suddenly needed.

And just as smoothly, Frederick appeared and stepped in for his beloved twin sister. “Mr. Sunstrider…” He reached out to shake Cael’ashk’s hand before turning and offering his hand to Territh…though a bit unsure if the sea creature could shake hands…he wouldn’t stop him from being polite. “…Mr. Territh…it is a pleasure to serve you both. My name is Frederick, Fiona’s brother. It is true what she said that we don’t charge for the rooms, and we will do everything we can to accommodate all of your needs. Mr. Sunstrider, would you like me to direct your carriage driver to the stables so that your horses can get the rest and feed that they need?” To which he turned to Territh again. “Mr. Territh, is there anyway we can make your suite more comfortable?” His smile ever broad and ever charming as he reached back to hold Fiona’s free hand…giving her an extra pillar of support she felt so desperately in need of. Thought the girl was blushing, she felt secure again.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Location: M- main area, S - main area / Accompanying: Everyone?

Mana nodded as Territh introduced himself, her eyes and face returning to the usual emotionless state they were used to. She held Fiona's hand gently, giving support to the girl who was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Sensing such, Mana tugged at her hand and lifted a finger to point towards the fire place. Fiona would get the feeling that Mana would like her to follow the young woman over to a place to sit.
Her blue-greens would then look to Fredrick and she gave a small smile and nod as hello to him, then took once last glance at the others before stepping away for a place to sit down a moment with Fiona.
Souza would soon walk out, on her hands, into the main area. She was humming a little tune to herself as she did come out to where everyone was. Her feet were hung over her back as she walked - so she wasn't too tall to hit anything - and son she would bend back ward and strand up right. Her usual smile was plastered on her face and her eyes stared blankly at the floor while she gave the ground a tap. "Ah, new people already!" She would say, not bothering to look over. "Hi Mana, hi Fiona, hi Fredrick." She would also greet, letting her teeth show a bit in her smile before returning to its usual.

Golden Gatekeeper

“Ah! Miss Souza, why don’t I introduce you to our newest guests, Mr. Cael’ashk Sunstrider and Mr. Territh.” Frederick said before gesturing back and forth. “Mr. Sunstrider and Mr. Territh, this is Miss Souza, Miss Mana’s twin sister. The two of them are guests here as well, and I only just showed them to their room.” He explained as Fiona bowed politely to the two new comers before being lead to the fireplace by Mana.

Before sitting down, Fiona gently hugged Mana’s arm and whispered…”Thank you”…with a faint blush to her cheeks. Family was everything to Fiona and Frederick when they were growing up, and Mana had just done something that Fiona never expected her to do…show her the type of support her brother always gave her. Either way…it meant a lot to her.
"Please, just call me Cael." He gave a smile as he shook the man named Frederick's hand. So, he was Fiona's brother then? It likely wouldn't have taken long to figure out even had he not told them though, they seemed so similar. Twins perhaps? "There will be no need." He only bought the carriage for the day, so his driver would likely be going his own way now. That, and he didn't intend to be taking a carriage probably ever again... "If possible, I would like a room with an eastward window though. I would wake to the light of the sun." But then another woman would enter his sight, walking on her hands no less. "Good afternoon, milady." He greeted her as she oriented herself back upright. Frederick took the liberty of introducing them, and he gave a small bow as his name was spoken, though he soon realized she wouldn't see it. So, another set of twins then? How unusual to find two pair in one place like this. It was curious indeed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, lady Souza." He would approach so she could better feel his presence and perhaps exchange a friendly handshake.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

"Oh? What interesting names!" She laughed a little, giving the both of them a grin as she turned their direction. "Nice to meet both of you." She bowed lightly with her arms out, then popped back up and flashed another sweet smile. She did feel the presence of the two quite exact through vibrations in the floor and noted Cael's hand, but still rather bow. It was her performers side she would say if asked. Then she would put her hands together in front of her and stand with a smile as she waited to hear what else may be spoken. Her blind eyes blankly staring just ahead of her. "Just Souza is fine." She would comment to Cael
Mana smiled some to Fiona, humming something that sounded like a soft, four note song to her in response to the thanks. Though the mute one, Mana was more apt to sense emotion and understand how a person was feeling without words. She liked to show her care through action because she was so unable to express it. The mute woman would glance over her shoulder at her twin and give a small hum of acknowledgement before sitting down with Fiona, still holding her hand if needed.

Golden Gatekeeper

“Ah, a room in the east wing then.” He took a good look at Cael, piercing his lips some as he thought about which room would suit him best. “Before I show you to your room, would you like anything to eat or drink? I can whip something quick up for you, if you would like.” Frederick offered.

Fiona sat next to Mana, her hand still gently clutching onto her new friend’s…well…she hoped new friend’s…as she glanced back towards Frederick. A small smile formed on her lips…but felt bad about the thoughts she had running through her head. Her free hand rubbed the charm around her neck as she gazed into the fireplace…thankful…yet feeling small. Glancing towards Mana, her shoulders sagged a bit. “What’s it like being mute…?” She asked quietly.
"Hmm.. I'm not hungry, but something to quench the thirst would be nice." He gave a nod, "Some wine or other fine drink would work." He figured they wouldn't have his favored elven vintage that was enriched with pure magical energy, so whatever they had would have to do. "Care to join me, lady Souza?" Seemed he was bad at listening to her request to just call her Souza. "You remind me of a friend I once had..." He commented idly, thinking of the woman. Though, the only real thing they had in common was their unseeing eyes, but still, he was reminded of her nonetheless. It'd been a while since he had been to the mystical city of Evereska where he met her... But the mythal was collapsing too quickly, and he had been forced to abandon the effort to restore it before it became too dangerous. Before finding himself too far lost in his thoughts, he would make his way over to the bar, where he could take a seat and pat the one next to him to indicate that he'd like her to take it.
Territh remained silent as a background, attempting to percieve all of the speech being thrown about. His ears were not excellent and certain syllables escaped him but he felt like he was getting whatever was pertinent.

He smiled with his eyes, all four of them, and nodded like a deaf old person. When attention was directed his way, usually curious looks or greetings he nodded in approval and expressed greeting psionically.

The air was becoming painted with a myriad of impressions and impulses, however, and not all of them were precisely comfortable. Territh brought his cross shaped pupils to meet Frederick's intense yet welcoming gaze.

The man extended a hand to greet him.

Territh's eyes twinkled with amusement.

The crystal chirped.

"If you must. No need for alarm."

He raised his thick, muscular arm. It was flexible and rather much like a tentacle, composed of row after row of musculature. At its end, which reached near to the floor if left limp, were two fingers that had grippy padding on the inside and a harder hook of callus flesh covered in a small pad like that of a frog for finger tips. Two similar nubs poked out where a wrist might have been, points of opposition for the long, snake-like fingers. The majority of Territh's forearm, when exposed, was covered in a myriad of blue and green colours that visibly shifted slightly at exposure to new environments. Stripes of darker and lighter colour flecked and contrasted on his glossy, rather dolphin-like skin.

He gently gripped Frederick's hand, careful not to entwine his fingers fully about the man's hand. That usually caused alarm among bipeds. After a friendly shake, he withdrew and hooked the fingers of each hand together in front of him, braiding them into a neat little twist and relaxing his arms slightly.

The crystal was gripped steadily between two of his fingers and he passed it up to one of the smaller tentacles on his head, which twirled about it like a peice of jewelery.

It glowed once more.

"A body of water would make me quite comfortable right now."

The voice that it emitted was not perfect, it was obvious, and was not suited for organics, it was rigid and a good imitation but not good for anything other than simple words.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

(( It's funny, I was actually contemplating making a story in Mana's point of view. :3 ))

Souza giggled a little and nodded, following Cael to the bar and taking a seat. "Oh really, do you know another blind woman?" She asked curiously, never loosing her smile. "Tell me about them - I love a good story!" Souza would tell him while placing her elbows on the bar counter and weaving her fingers together. Her head was turned to him, but her eyes were looking downward, blankness covering them - hardly any emotion even shone through them.
Opposite Mana who's emotion showed only through her eyes as she pink lips ever stayed in their usual line. She tilted her head some at Fiona's question and started out to the fireplace, giving it a thought. For a few moments Fiona would feel nothing from Mana, but soon she would start to feel pulses of electric waves through her hand and hums in her head - sort and fast to make words out of pure sound. Words like quiet and understanding came into the older females's mind at first. Then other things like frustrating and unsure. It seemed hard for Mana to put a description on her incapability, but she did her best to tell Fiona that it wasn't all bad. At times it was a little hard and until she grew her ability it was very frustrating. The mute woman would have said more, but she noticed her hand going numb and Fiona's might have been too by all the electric pulses. So, she would pull her hand away to give a break and brush back one of her pigtails that had fallen over her shoulder. Softly, she gave Fiona a smile and motioned with her hand like a pen and paper pad. If she would like to know more depth, Mana thought it easier to write it out.

Golden Gatekeeper

Frederick smiled, and eagerly shook Territh’s…tentacle like hand…arm…whatever. The feeling of it all made the man feel silly, and he thought it was great! “A body of water…? Salt…fresh…or chlorinated…? We hadn’t filled up the pool yet, but it is clean…and once it’s filled with your preference, then it will be all set to go!” He knew it wouldn’t take long to fill it, strangely enough they were equipped for something so last minute.

“Coming right up, sir. And you, Souza? Would you like something to drink as well?” Frederick asked as he went behind the bar and pulled out a bottle of white wine and a bottle of red to give Cael and option. “Which would be to your liking, sir?” He asked as he presented the bottles for him to look over, while Frederick flipped a couple of switches to prepare the water pumps for the pool.

Fiona’s brown eyes widened some…though it wasn’t Mana’s life story, it was enough…more than enough. The woman knew how the mute felt, though for probably completely different reasons…and in contemplation of that, tears started to well up in those brown eyes before she leaned forward and gave Mana a tight hug…her voice too choked up it, it would seem, to fully say just how she felt. This…was probably a side of Fiona Frederick hadn’t fully witnessed, outside of family functions, and inwardly it made him smile.
"Aye, I did." He paused, thinking for a moment on where to start. Before he would begin though, Frederick offered him a choice of two different wines. "The white please." Reds were just as good, but he figured he'd make it easy on his host rather than saying he didn't have a preference of one or the other. "Hmm, well, I'm not sure how fantastic of a story it is, but I'll tell you a little of her. Her name was Razil Earnsmith, and like myself, she was a mage." He smirked a bit. "Despite her disability, I found that she had a great deal of potential, and often saw things with more understanding than even I. It was almost like she could sense the mystical energies better to compensate for her lack of vision." He wondered how Souza's senses had compensated... From what he could tell, she definitely had a feel for her surroundings. "I took her under my wing for a time, teaching her what I could in exchange for her assistance with my research." Almost like she had been his daughter... which brought him back to why he was out here anyway, but she shook off the thought, looking back to Souza with a smile. As far as first impressions went, Razil had been far different from Souza in personality though. Souza seemed outgoing and carefree where Razil had been shy and self-conscious, yet strong of will. "Ah, well, that's about it. Not much of a story." He glanced over towards the two women by the hearth. "Hmm, tell me of yourself and your sister? You two seem most intriguing to me."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff