Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan was startled a bit by the 'rain' randomly coming from above them now and stood up. He found he slipped form the branch, yet went no where... What seemed to be air beneath his feet melted into tile of the shower floor. He looked surprised for a moment, then his look turned irritated as he looked up at the shower pouring on them. He quickly turned it off and stepped out, not saying a word to Aisling, but handing her a towel as he got his own to dry off from. As they passed through the public bath that was neither new or old, Rowan's face became increasingly more irritated. His ears flattened, his eyes narrowed, his fists clenched at his sides. It was clear he was particularly unhappy, but with what was for him to know it seemed. He stood out of the doorway and looked around. Big, bright windowed hallway, stairs to the left down the way, and one of the three portions of a large library. "We're home. We've been home. The whole. Time." Rowan stated matter-o-factly in his more gruffy voice that sounded like am irritated feline under toning. He sighed and shook his head. Thunder boomed above and the leocorn looked up briefly before letting his hands drop and walking away. "We're in the Second Building, Common Guest House. Bottom level. Your room is here, G29 I believe." He said as he walked on, heading towards the staircase that lead to the open kitchen above them. Of course he wasn't going out in this rain storm, but all that running and such made him quite hungry. His tummy growled as meanly as he did. He didn't look to see what Aisling might do now, the thunder also kept booming in the background. How long where they occupied by that illusion?

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image Aisling wasn’t sure what was more scary…the journey they endured…or Rowan.

After drying herself off, she kept the towel wrapped around her head and removed her coat. She looked around while he growled and grumbled…and followed him up the stairs. “I have a room?” This took her by surprise…and while she was probably just as hungry as he was, she was utterly confused as to how they had gotten to the communal building and how it was she happened to have a room in it. Though, by peering out the door that led to the open air kitchen, she was amazed to see how well furnished the area was, even with all the weatherly hazards that surrounded it. She blinked for a moment, before tying her coat around her waist and heading out. “Look…it’s safe.” She said with a hesitant smile as she pointed out the ceiling. “It’s mostly dry.” As there were no walls to prevent the rain from getting to some areas of the patio, it couldn’t completely in. “Let me make you something, as…um…a thanks for helping me out…of that weird place.” She offered.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The leocorn didn't much care of the rain got in or not, he was already soaking wet anyway. His hair still stuck to him, his ears and tail spiky from shaking off water, he was only glad to be out of the imaginary cavern. It was unclear how the both of them got from point A to point B like that, but he was sure it was all something put on by Cery. He'd have to have a talk about it with her later, if he could find her. Until then, he did his best to calm his mind. He was prone to be a bit too hasty and hotheaded at times and accepted this of himself when he met Cery, vowing silently to start controlling himself more. As to not get to angry over this mess, Rowan thought some food for his empty stomach would help out. He didn't bother to answer Aisling's question about her room. He only remembered being notified of it via a note on the cork-board next to his door in the Main Building. He nodded when she pointed out that the ceiling was safe, "It was all an illusion it seems. I'd imagine that passageway was either not for our eyes or just a game.." The leocorn said in a more usual tone, "No need, I'll make my own. Help yourself as well, this is the guest's kitchen." The leocorn then casually went over to the fridge, looking blankly at all that was in there - which wasn't much - to see what might fit his needs. He flicked his ears a few times, some water droplets still flying off them; the same with his tail that was steadily behind him. He could be rather anti-social when in a bad mood, or good mood, or just in general. One might start to wonder why, or simply accept it. He glanced behind him, back to the gypsy girl briefly before returning to the fridge. "This area connects to the porch of the main building.. by those stairs." He gestured with a nudge of his head, then reached up to scratch at his goatee.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image Well...it would be rather hard for Aisling to figure out what she wanted if he was going to hog the fridge. Though...she wasn't used to refrigerators to begin with, and thus questioned how good the food could actually be if it wasn't flat out from a can. Lightning lit up the sky, and thunder boomed not long after...making Rowan's face seem all the more grim to the gypsy girl. There were a great and many thoughts that could have run through her head about him, but she opted not to voice them.

She honestly didn't know what think now, and quietly repeated the room number he mentioned earlier. She thus decided to head back inside without him...looking to see what the room set up was for this building.

What neither one of them seemed to notice was the fact that the storm was just a preview of the tornado that had just touched down of few miles off in the distance. While Cery had no control as to what era the estate was in from day to day...one would wonder if she had painted it to resist such destructive weather...?

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( *still fawning over the new Rowan picture* <3 ))

Though Rowan did know what he had a taste for, the leocorn stood in the door of the fridge secretly marveling at the technology! He knew nothing of these things that lit up by tiny lightning bolts, or of these freezing mini-caves with a door until he came to this place; this realm was indeed very strange to him. Even clothes were still a wonder sometimes, thus why he wore the same t-shirt and pants get-up everyday. It wasn't until Aisling left did he notice that he was blocking the way. He opened his mouth to shout out to her, tell her he was done looking, but found it too late as she had already gone to this level's rooms. He rolled his eyes, now holding the sliced meat he picked out and headed over to the pantry for bread. Soon enough he had himself a sandwich and munched on it while standing in one of the only dry spots of the kitchen. The winds seemed to be picking up however and the leocorn became curious. What sort of storm was this? It wasn't something he had ever remembered going through before; definitely nothing like the dark days that rolled through the summer valleys back home. His ears twitched and his hair was tousled in the increasing wind. He thought it may be a good idea to head back inside himself, back to safer shelter. His golden eyes watched the trees outside bending and twisting, it gave him a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. He pursed his lips, just as he entered the room he shouted out "Aisling, stay inside! This storm is a nasty one.. I have a bad feeling..." His gruff voice a clear warning, concern tugging at the corners of his mouth while he descended the stairs himself. It would be enough to stay on the bottom level, wouldn't it? Being on the ground was best, wasn't it?

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image (( Which you should very well do...and then maybe share it with the rest of the world at some point. ^_~ ))

Aisling practically jumped when Rowan shouted at her...as she hadn't made it very far inside before she stopped to look at the room number. Her green eyes blinked for a moment, before looking out the window at the far end of the room...but was at the wrong angle of actually seeing anything that would cause much alarm.

She noted the leocorn heading downstairs, but she herself felt curious enough to head upstairs. If she understood the room numbering system Cery had...her room was surely higher up. Reaching the third floor, the spiral stairs ended and the library lead into a narrow hallway. Through the small archways at the end, she saw beautiful, heavy sculptures decorating another open air room; open air in the sense that two walls were made of glass, while the wall opposite of the archways was completely missing. Venturing into this room, the gypsy girl realized the full effect of the storm...no, the tornado that was heading in their direction. She cussed again in Gaelic.

This was the worst kind of storm to her, because it meant staying within closed walls...no windows...no open doorway...indoors for an undetermined amount of time...and it always gnawed at her and the idea that she would wake up the next morning without her soul. But she knew Rowan had the right idea of heading down to the lower level, and before long her boots were heavily thumping down the spiral staircase to the floor they originally arrived on.

Quickly she looked around for Rowan, grabbing his arm with one hand while reaching to the back of her pants with the other. Tucked in the back of her belt was a revolver, which she pulled out and aimed for the closest guest room's door. With a single shot, she managed to break the lock and handle, and soon after kicked the door in. Taking a quick look around the room, she pulled the leocorn with her and slid open a closet door, pushed him inside before stepping in herself and closed said door behind her. It was dark...and not a very large space...though surely there was a way of turning on the light...though...what was the point if the electricity could very well go out?

"We'll be safe in here until it blows over." She simply stated, before curling up on the floor, hugging her knees tightly to her chest.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan was steadily going downstairs, only having a bad feeling of this odd storm. His ears picked up on Aisling just as she reached the bottom step of the library stairs. She looked quite concerned herself, if not fully freaked out, and caused Rowan to furrow his brows. He had no chance to protest as she grabbed the leocorn's arm, tugging him along with her she she went. He was about to ask what she was doing when he spotted the revolver she shot the door handle with. "Hey! What are you thinking!?" He scolded, reaching for the revolver with a scowl. "I'll have to fix that later and I don't lik-" but he was cut short when she pushed him into the closet, causing the tall mane to hit his head on a shelf inside. Rowan reached up to rub his head when Aisling closed the door and sunk to the floor beside him. The confusion was clear in his now glowing set of eyes. "In a closet?" he question after a silent moment, clearly not getting it. Rowan shifted his form, still rubbing the back of his head as he made an effort to s**t down himself. "..what is it, Aisling?" he finally asked, eyes on her; in the dark he could see fairly well the huddled mass of a scared gypsy girl. His ears were perked and thunder boomed outside heavily, vibrating the walls around them. For being so oblivious to a rather impending doom that was stated with the gypsy's face and actions, Rowan sure did know how to keep his cool.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image While Rowan might have tried to take the gun from her, Aisling refused to let him have it...and it eventually returned to the back of her belt. "I'll fix it." She stated about the doorknob and lock; she probably had a better idea of how to replace it than he did.

"There is a tornado coming. That means we stay away from windows, get to the lowest point in the building, stay in the center within enclosed walls." She said nearly in one breath. "And pray we don't lose our souls." She murmured under her breath. "And that's assuming it hits. If it doesn't hit...then everything should be fine and dandy once it's blown over. If it does hit...well...I hope Miss Cery has great insurance coverage for the place...because it's not going to be pretty." Though...when she thought about it, the buildings were made from stone and brick. They might just stand up against the winds. The roofs and maybe the windows might not...

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan blinked, tilted his head some, and stayed silent for a few moments. "Tor-na-do.." He said to himself, as if memorizing it. "I don't know what that is... Or why we would lose our souls. Does a tornado do that?" He asked, puzzled by Aisling's explanation of what was going on. Sure, the leocorn didn't like to be kept inside either, especially in this tight of space, but he knew he would get out alive. He had to. He willed it. He shifted his golden gaze to the door, staring ahead and thinking of what was going on, of what just happened to them in the illusion, the odd feeling he had, just all of it. He eventually thought of home too and his ears flattened, eyes narrowed for a moment remembering...
He may not have understood much yet about this realm, this place much less, but if he knew one thing he knew he would live until he could once again sleep in the sunshine of the cliff ed valleys, let the wind run through his mane. There was no way he'd let this tornado thing get the best of him! "We will survive this, Aisling." he stated flatly, even if she hadn't answered him. He tried not to let any emotion seep into the words, but perhaps it gave some tidbit of comfort to the gypsy girl beside him. He let out a long breath after a moment, still staring straight ahead.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image "No." She muttered in answer to the tornado causing the loss of souls. "But if you sleep behind closed doors, then you run the risk of losing your soul." Which was why she was going to do her best to stay awake through this storm. "A tornado is a wind storm, a very strong wind storm that creates a moving funnel of air that causes mass destruction to anything in its path. My family clan made sure to avoid areas that tornados were known to occur...because we would have no way of protecting ourselves against them." She explained quietly, sighing at his attempt to reassure her that they were going to be alright; though the flatness in his voice made her doubt him all the more.

Wouldn't that be a laugh...survive a holographic security system of potential death, only to die from a natural disaster.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"A wind-funnel... interesting. I've never heard of one before." He said, finding it curious. He looked over at her funny when she mentioned sleeping behind closed doors would steal away her soul. "I don't get it. Is that a joke?" He asked, seriously wondering if Aisling believed that. He slept behind closed doors all the time and he was certain he still had his soul! If he didn't he would not be Rowan the leocorn. His gold eyes glowed in the darkness, they were the only source of light as this closet had no light bulb. "... if that is some human myth, well, I can't change your mind of it, but will tell you it is false. I still have my soul." He told her, turning his head away again. His tone might have been cold and gruff as usual, but Rowan was actually trying to calm her down. The anxiousness radiating off her was making him uncomfortable in the tiny space. He considered leaving once or twice by now, had she not explained what a destructive force this tornado was. By now, he actually wished he was still in an illusion created by Cery's defense system. ".. but I am not human." Rowan added after a moment of silence and stealing a look back at Aisling's huddled figure. He had a feeling that telling her that her believes were wrong was not something smart to do at this time. He cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable and decided to shift and sit cross-legged as best he could, pushed into the corner opposite Aisling. Finally he sighed, "I dislike this realm."

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image Aisling didn't answer him about the superstitious belief that she was raised on. Some humans believed in it, some didn't...but he didn't need to know that. He 'disliked' the realm...so why defend something he was only going to mock? At least...that was her frame of mind after hearing so many buffers mock her beliefs. She actually refrained from calling him a stupid buffer...as that was her usual habit to say whenever someone questioned her beliefs.

"If you dislike it so much, why don't you leave?" She asked...her gaze remaining upon the door in front of her...as if anticipating the moment it might be sucked open by the winds...to which she would be whisked away after it in a matter of seconds. The grip on her pants tightened before she wedged herself in the corner.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( With this I say good night! Thank you for more adventure, hope to see you again tomorrow or later! ^-^ Sleep well! ))

Rowan wondered why she didn't say anything of the belief he questioned, but didn't care to venture further into it. Every creature had their beliefs, if that was a human thing then Rowan would not touch it. Though he came to dislike this realm and it's inconveniences, he held his respect and pushed on. For what else could he do?
The moment she said what Rowan hoped she or anyone would not, his face tensed and his eyes snapped over to her. The golden glow grew intense and his eyes became animalistic, it was a clear warning look that Aisling would see if she were to turn her head. "I can't. I am unwillingly bound." He uttered in a very dark tone, flat and simple. It was the only sound for a while, as the winds seemed to die down outside of the building, the thunder distant now and barely there. Silence was surrounding them. A moment more passed before Rowan would draw in a deep breath nice and slow, holding it while he closed his eyes briefly. When he exhaled it, slowly as well, the leocorn opened his eyes which now returned to their normal state. He fixated his ears, hearing no sounds he decided enough was enough. This tornado did not come, their souls not stolen. Standing, rather awkwardly in the tight space, Rowan pushed open the closet door enough for him to exit. Not thinking about it, he then pushed the door closed behind him and walked away. The skies were still dark and gloomy, rain pattered still on the second house, but the trees did not bend as if to break anymore. Rowan found a chair and sat himself down, a list of chores entered his mind and soon enough Aisling and her words were pushed out of his way of thinking. Bratty, scared human.. he lastly thought. Should think before she speaks, or be more wise of the situation. If I could have left, I wouldn't have stayed more than an hour here. Rowan's bitter thoughts made his face scrunch; his fists clenched and his expression softened as if the tension was then exchanged.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Aisling Dubhthach~*

User Image Her green eyes darted towards his direction at the tone of his voice. ‘Unwillingly bound?!’ And he claimed to still have his soul?! Of course, the anger in his eyes and tone of voice didn’t help matters, and Aisling would wedge herself into the corner even further…as if trying to get away from some kind of diseased carcass she had been left with.

And then he closed her in closet again when he left. At least it was dark in the closet…she would probably freak from claustrophobia if she could see just how small of a space she was in. Leaning forward, she listened at the door for his movements…heard him wondering off. She slid the door open and peered out…noted how quiet it had gotten outside. She couldn’t see him sitting at the desk around the corner...so she slowly crawled out of the closet, straightened herself into a walk…and quickly made her way for the door. She only caught him out of the corner of her eye just as she passed through the doorway…and from there she immediately bolted for the spiral staircase.

Running into the open air gallery, she took in the fresh air and warm breeze. All signs of the storm were gone…seemingly disappeared as the estate removed itself into another era…in the early summer where the air was warm, but not unbearably hot just yet. She gazed out at the other buildings that were in clear view of the room…taking in deep breaths as her spirit felt free and alive again! Climbing up another set of spiral stairs that were arranged to compliment the sculptures, she found herself in a small corridor, designed elegantly with cherry blossom wallpaper. On the far side of the hall was an open doorway…to which she saw the outdoor world again. She raced through it…and found herself looking out onto the estate property that had been left untouched…grassy slopes that were but an empty canvass to the strange creature that enjoyed bringing the world to life through her paintings. It amazed the gypsy how the strange woman did it…bewildered her.

Noting another staircase to the side, she would have followed them up to the roof…but by the time she reached the foot of the stairs, she noted the ornate doorways that lead into the room at the end. Drawing back the curtains that covered one of the smaller archways, she peered in to find a floor riddled with rugs, screens sectioning off various parts of the small room. Make-shift shelves stacked with the small pile of books she had picked out before disappearing through the secret passageway. A table cluttered with handyman tools and other knickknacks…and large couch and smaller lounging chair. The walls were decorated with tapestries and curtains…but still retained an outdoorsy kind of feel with the ornately decorated tree design-like cover. On a small plaque outside, it read G29…but judging by the bag on the floor, Aisling knew that this was her room. “I have a room…” She murmured to herself…in complete awe of how comfortable it made her feel. How did that weird little creature know?

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan sat at the desk, he began to make a list of chores he should tend to before Cery had to remind him. He almost didn't notice Aisling exit the closet and run for the staircase. He side glanced at here and sighed. Looks like I scared her, he thought to himself, I'll have to be more careful with humans. So sensitive. He shook his head lightly at the thought and finished his list. It names various outdoor things like to trim bushes and the small trees, weed the flowers around the main house, sweep the porches, and other alike things. It wasn't that Rowan minded doing them, but he'd much rather bath in the sunshine or wander hunting grounds. There were no hunting grounds of him here, however, and no time to sit in the sun when the environment was ever-changing. Soon, he got up from the desk, took the small paper with his list, and made his way outside. He would start by sweeping the open kitchen and patio, grabbing the broom from a closet on the way upstairs. As he was outside, Rowan stepped into the sunshine, feeling the warmth. He briefly closed his eyes... Warm, soft grass, yellow mountain flowers, then a flash of green light and shards of sparkling glass. His eyes snapped open again, a low growl emitting from his throat. He suddenly notices his reaction and cleared his throat, shook his head side to side as if to be rid the memories, and began to sweep.
The open kitchen didn't take long and Rowan continued on to the stairs that connected it to the main house patio. Fallen leaves and flower petals fell down the steps as he made his way, the pollen that floated by made him sneeze. He looked up at the second house, curiously wondering if he scared Aisling that bad. He hadn't hurt her, in fact he saved her before in the illusion. Rowan didn't understand her, or Cery, but currently Cery made more sense than Aislng to him! His face relaxed to his usual look, blank and watchful, and he kept sweeping.
After a while, Rowan completed his tasks. He made his way to the open kitchen again to pour himself some tea that was left in the fridge. He sipped it casually as he left his mind drift. Behind outside calmed him, the sunshine made him relax as it warmed his skin. He let out a breath and closed his eyes. He drew in through his nose, and sniffed the summer-scented air. He noticed Aisling had not come back down from where he room supposedly was. He thought this may be a good things, but knew if he and a guest would be on bad terms then she'd get reprimanded a some point by Cery. A doodle-servant passed him, taking up fresh towels to the bathrooms it looked like, after which Rowan formulated an idea. Getting another glass, he poured more tea, filling both cups, and started his way up the stairs. He passed through the sculpture gallery, making sure not to knock any over as he did, and within a few minuted arrived at what was Aisling's open room. The leocorn was stopped outside one of the doorways, a curtain ruffled around the corner by the breeze that came up from outside. He looked at both his hands, currently occupied and then glanced at the plaque that read the room number; G29. Not wanting to intrude, though that seemed difficult when the room had no doors, Rowan lightly kicked the wall as a way of knocking. the leocorn would only peer around the corner if there was an answer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff