Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.” ~J.R.R.Tolkien

Time, just like roads, goes ever on; even if it doesn’t not flow a fluidly like a river in this acreage of land that caught Cery’s attention so long ago. But it was the unique flow of time that helped her control and manipulate the special kind of magic that she practiced. And for what would seem like a brief moment, she caused time to stop in her estate so that she could venture out into the normal flow of time to take care of some business.

When she returned, the time flow in the estate returned as well…and no one would have known she was even gone…

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
Deciding to leave Rowan and Aisling up to their own devices, the creature known as Cerynitis meandered around the main building…doing a bit of light cleaning here, and some light painting there. She decided that along with a chef type servant, she was going to have a butler; she couldn’t help herself, something about a sharp looking man in a formal suit just tickled her pink from time to time. Besides…for whatever reason, she always enjoyed the possible chance of saying “THE BUTLER DID IT!” if there was an opportunity that called for such a ridiculous phrase!

So, calling one of her servants up to the dormitories, she pulled out her trusty paint brush and some random clippings she had for reference, and started painting out his suit first…having not decided upon just what his face or hair would look like just yet.

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

If one thing was to make him gawk the most out of his time on Gaia Prime, it was the fact that it seemed every bar and cafe was in the middle of a forest outside of town. It was reasonable as property tax was something that nobody on Gaia had to worry about but it always made him wonder how some of these places gained a customer base so far away from population centers...

The building he approached was no exception to this rule as the pines seemed to closed in, making the walkway a silent and almost mentally deadly. The doors to the building ahead of him gave him the chills, sending what felt like a thousand needles into his heart. He figured the best thing would to be cautious, as his hand reached into his portfolio at his side and withdrew two Penny Stocks, the edges lined with a thin metal banding as small, paper thin discs of metal dot the front and back of the certificate to give it a balanced weight for throwing.

With his hand he entered through ther front door slowly, as his expected vision of a worn down, possibly hostile interior was replaced with a well to do welcoming vision.

Feeling like an idiot, Marcus allowed his two stocks to go back in his portfolio as he removed his hat and made his way to the bar area.

Sell in May, and go away; don't come back until St Leger day.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
Cery heard the sound of bells jingling in her ear as Marcus made his entrance, causing the petite little creature to bite her lower lip as she smudged a bit of paint of what was supposed to be her butler’s button. “Poo…” She sighed as she carefully wiped the smudged paint away with a rag before attempting the task again.

Meanwhile, Marcus would be greeted by a silent servant…giving him a nod from behind the bar as he appeared to be cleaning a glass. Appeared to be…well he was cleaning a glass, but it was more appeared to be some kind of servant. Silent…yes…but not of a definitive image. It had a human-esque figure, it looked as though it was wearing something that could be thought of as clothing; all in all it lacked defining detail! Like an impressionistic painting come to life, with a brief and polite bow it offered the new-comer a menu, and stood by awaiting his order.

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

His face went from being one of pleasantries to flat out confusion as he moved to the bar, taking the menu from the... thing as he opened and started to look through it. He had seen many different things over the past week during his time traveling but having a living painting as a servant was something that even tipped his own tolerance levels to the side.

"So excuse me... sir? I think that will work yes, sir... May I have a Gin please?"

He looked to the silent servant as he thought to himself about the place being entirely staffed by paintings.

The thought made his skin crawl and his mind race, thinking about what could possibly happen to him in such an establishment. He should of listened to the warnings from the other Club members about how some places on Gaia Prime are unsafe for humans.

With the added stress of the situation Marcus undid his tie and let it rest on top of the top hat that he set on the bar as he made himself comfortable on one of the seats.

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
With a nod the silent servant served the man his gin, before returning to his cleaning duties. Though he might have been a living painting, there were no paint streaks left upon anything the servant touched.

Feeling quite satisfied with the buttons, and as well as the minor intricate details of the suit she painted up, Cery left her butler’s face unfinished…at least until she had a better idea as to whether she wanted him to have hair, what color hair, as well as other facial features. Besides, this particular artist was easily distracted, especially when the jingling bells wouldn’t cease in the back of her mind. With a sigh, the petite woman with horns and feline-like ears let her hair down, dressed herself in slacks and a nice button down shirt as well as half a foot tall platform boots, and made her way downstairs towards the bar.

The faceless butler followed after her, gesturing as to how it could help her until she stopped it in the main entrance hall and pulled out a feather duster. “Go dust something in the library!” Her light and playful voice sounding only just a tad bit scolding as she shooed the servant away. The woman that usually averaged four feet tall managed her way into the bar when she caught sight of Marcus. Her award winning smile perked up her face as she went over to greet the man. “Good afternoon, sir, and welcome to my humble abode!” She chimed with an elegant bow.

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

Within his own mind Marcus was a fierce warrior, whose training and experience was almost unchallenged, unmatched by his peers. He could throw stock bonds while leaping over mahogany desks, stare demons in the eye and spit, and overall always win the girl with his dashing charms.

But real life never mimics fantasy as the squeaky voice of the bar's owner made him jump in his seat for a brief second as his hand reached for his pocket that held the watch. Why in the world he would need his watch in a combat situation he was unsure but holy hell, that scared the piss out of him! His attention was to drawn to the painting to notice his surroundings, and he only thanked the Lord that his wallet as safe in his side pocket.

He gathered his thoughts and composure as the suit clad man turned in his seat and looked to the... well, another mystery for poor Marcus to wrap his now blown mind around. She was pretty he would admit, but the cat ears, the horns, the 6" platforms... wow.

"Hello miss, this is quite the establishment you have here! I am curious, how do the painting actually.... work?"

He wasted no time to grill her on how this was even possible. It was magic he had never seen before during his travels, and Marcus was a curious fellow when it came to new things!

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
Her grin beamed when he asked about her silent servants, it was so exciting to her that she clapped her hands rather rapidly as she bounced about on her toes while she giggled light-heartedly. “Well, it’s all in how I mix the paints, sir…as any good artist will tell you.” She said with a wink before she climbed onto one of the bar stools just as one of the servants served her a cup of steaming hot cocoa. “But enough about such silliness, my name is Cerynitis Shi, and I think you most kindly for your compliment.” Towards the establishment; after all…she worked hard at making it look nice, even if her sense of style changed as often as the time of day. “Who might you be? And what year is it?” She tried to judge by his attire, but from time to time, even she could be wrong depending on the ever changing trends.

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

Her hopping in the platforms made him cringe a bit as he pictured the front of her boots landing funny which would of sent her face first into the bar top. He was relived when she sat down and took the hot cocoa into her hands as he processed what she told him.

"Fair enough, a good artist never reveals her secrets I suppose! As for myself, well I am Marcus Monroe the Second, a Stockbroker by day, traveler by night! The year well, depends on how you track your years since where I am from it is 1925."

Yeah, that sounded good in his mind, well better in his mind versus when he spoke it. Now it just sounded forced and ungentlemanly. Nevertheless, he had a bigger task on his plate, pronouncing this thing's name!

"Nice to meet you.. Shi! So tell me please, what race are you? I hate to ask such a question but I will say you are the first of your kind to ever pass in front of my human eyes!"

He knew this was going to be fun already!

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
“1925…” Her blue and green eyes looked him up and down before studying his hat a bit, to which her head would tilt a bit…then straightened again in time to take a sip of her cocoa. “…ok…ok…that makes sense.” Cery added with a brief nod, though an eyebrow rose at the idea of being a stockbroker by day and a traveler by night. “What kind of traveler…?” For she didn’t think that many stockbrokers could simply travel anywhere and still find stocks to break…especially out in the middle of a desert or something…

She blinked for a moment before shaking the idea of how one went about breaking stocks that didn’t exist out of her head when he asked about what race she was. She held up her finger, opening her mouth as if she was about to explain…only to pause…blink a couple more times before said finger reached behind her ear to give it a thoughtful scratch. She blinked again before her blue and green eyes looked up to Marcus and gave him a light, embarrassed chuckle. “I honestly forgot! It’s been so long since anyone’s asked me, that I can’t remember what I used to call myself…I mean, other than by my own name, of course!”

Cery then began to wonder how she came by her name, and thus started rambling on about the random thoughts that trailed through her mind. “I mean…if you go by my name, then one could assume that I am or in some way related to the mythical golden hind that was sacred to the goddess Artemis in Greek pantheon that Heracles was challenged to hunt during his trials with Hera. But that doesn’t sound right, considering that I have feline ears…and last I checked in the mirror, these horns aren’t really deer like. But then if you look at the word Shi, at least in the Chinese terminology, it would mean that I am an impersonator, or a corpse…or simply a body or something…so would that mean I’m impersonating a sacred creature? Or have I been spiritually possessed by it at one point in time, and as the end result turned into the person I am today? OH THE POSSIBILITIES!” She squealed at the end after having spun around in her bar stool during her train of thought…and now felt quite dizzy after the fact.

While her head went wibbly-wobbly after all the spinning, she soon came to ask…”Wait a minute…1925…? I don’t remember there being any cloning in 1925! How can you be the Second version of Marcus Monroe?” Her eyes then widened with a gasp! “Don’t tell me I missed the alien abductions again!”

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

His face did nothing to hide his confused look that was drawn across it at her remarks and questions as his mouth opened slightly to produce a chuckle as he took a drink from his glass of Gin, still eyeing the living painting every now and again.

"Well, I have spent so much time with other gentleman that I feel I need to get back in touch with society that is more say... common? So after the stock offices close I head home and enter a slipgate which drops me to an establishment for me to visit. Without the gate I would be unable to visit such places like this."

He listened to her remarks on her origin, her race and background and started to feel a bit uncomfortable. Perhaps this poor thing was a result of weird science or magic gone wrong, a similar beginning the famed Owlbear had? It was obvious she was missing a few cards to have a complete deck upstairs as he glanced around the quiet bar.

The remark about his name made him laugh as he took another drink from his Gin, a larger one than before, and coughed a bit afterwards.

"My father was named Marcus Monroe, and I was given the same name. Some people use Jr. as a way to express this, but I find "the Second" has a better ring to it. Sounds more... formal I suppose. I assure you that you have missed no alien abductions... that I know of."

He paused for a second as he studied her with his eyes while he took yet another drink of the Gin. She was definitely a unique creature, something that in any other setting he would of passed off as a demon or even an illusion.

"So, are you the only one around here these days? It might explain your memory loss..."

Golden Gatekeeper

*~Cerynitis Shi~*

User Image
The painted servant was still going about, wiping down the bar, shaking its head at Cery’s silliness before another servant, painted in a chef’s uniform complete with a hat appeared from behind the kitchen door. The chef had a bit more detail to its form, as it was clear that the woman meant for it to be bald, and it looked as though she had decided upon the shape of the face, but not on its nose, eyes, or lips just yet. The chef servant brought out a salad that was topped with ahi-tuna that had been seared with sesame seeds. On the side, wasabi dressing. Cery wiggled with delight at the sight of the salad…an obvious favorite.

Slipgate…without it, he wouldn’t be able to travel…ok, that made sense to her, but her brow did rise a bit at the idea of socializing with more common folk. How was she common if he hadn’t seen the likes of her before…? A shrug soon dismissed that train of thought from her mind as she poked her salad with her fork. But as he explained how the Second sounded better than Junior after being named after his father, the concept behind it all started to sound familiar again. “Oh…OH! Quite right! Because sounding more formal is important…erm…in the 1920’s! Right right!” She agreed in between bites of her meal. “Phew!” She sighed, relieved that the aliens hadn’t done any abductions without her.

She glanced back towards him when he inquired about her being the only one in these parts, to which Cery shook her head. “Erm…yes and no. Of my kind yes…though, somewhere around here I’ve got my maintenance guy…Rowen. He’s a Leocorn…you know, part Unicorn part Lion…but he’s only got the one horn, so I’m pretty certain I’m not that. But I love it when he comes around!” She chimed gleefully as she wiggled in her seat some more. “Then there’s my gypsy girl guest.” She continued on. “I know she’s up to no good sneaking around here somewhere, but I’m pretty sure she means well enough. I wonder if she’s found the room I made up for her yet…” She pondered a moment before shaking her head. “Nah…I don’t think it’s the lack of people that has my mind so aloof…I think it’s just trying to keep track of when it is that does it.” She said with an affirmative nod. “I mean…before either one of those two came along, I was going around marking the territory to keep dinosaurs from messing up the construction outside, and before that I had almost a whole city taking refuge from some kind of disaster or something that happened just moments before the fog lifted.” She went on to explain as if Marcus would surely understand what he was talking about. Then again…he did have a slipgate…and in her mind, that was the equivalent of a magical portal…surely!

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

User Image

Given that the painting was moving across the room one one thing to Marcus, but seeing a second one make its appearance and lacking a face was something he sent a chill down his body. The oddities of the day had resulted in him finishing his Gin sooner than expected, taking the final drink from the glass as he let the empty glass hit the bar top.

"A Leocorn and a gypsy I must say that sounds like quite the company to keep! I was concerned to be honest with you that the only companions around these parts were the paintings of your own creation. I could see how being with these emotionless paper drones would be enough to drive anybody insane. Granted I am not calling you insane no far from it!"

Looking to the food she was eating Marcus felt his own stomach growl slightly. Salad was never his style however he was certain this place could bring him something worth his time eating. He turned to look at the 'bar keep' and took a second to think of what to ask for.

"Excuse me, could I get a steak please? Some pink on the inside please?"

After his request was made he turned to look at Shi and undid his cuff links.

"Dinosaurs and massive disasters, it sounds like this place is one hell of a party!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff