Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

She blinked as she looked over all the strange cars... without his thoughts, she'd have had no idea of their value (and even with, she still didn't really know) but this was all still just... breathtaking. "They're all so different." Was her first comment as she approached the Porsche. The cars she knew were all so homogeneous that it was difficult to tell them apart from one another, because there was a most efficient design, and they all just stuck to it.

((and my internet/computer is being REAAALLY slow for some reason now, and I need to go to bed for work in the morning anyway, so... quick 'what should have been played out' summary so we can continue a new day tomorrow...))

Claire spent the next few hours asking question after question about the cars, which turned to broader questions about machinery and technology then changed entirely as she began asking more personal questions about Frederick's family that had built such a house. By then, she would have long since examined all the cars, bikes, etc... winding up back at the Porsche again which seemed to be her favorite. There she had made herself comfortable in the back seat, convincing him to sit beside her while they talked. It was strange for her to be talking so much, asking so many questions despite having the power to pick the answers from his mind effortlessly (or rather, the lack of power to not do so.) Eventually though, it would seem she had run out of things to ask as they sat in silence. It was then that it became apparent that at some point their hands had become joined. Despite the blushing, she didn't let go. After a while of simply sitting there with him though, sleep would finally overcome her, and she'd wind up closing her eyes right where she sat, still grasping his hand.

Golden Gatekeeper

Frederick would do his best to answer her questions…though his knowledge was rather limited; he didn’t have the infinite wisdom on vehicles like his relative had. He would first explain how different manufactures built different cars, ranging in styles and makes and models…explaining how the Model T was one of the earliest models to be mast produced. Any other questions required him to pull a mechanic’s book out to see if he could find the right answer, though…really it probably ended up with him reading the whole thing aloud to her.

But talking about his family seemed to come easier to him…talking about his parents, how by some chance of fate they didn’t have any brothers and sisters, or even any remaining cousins on either side…though he didn’t do a full genealogy search, he trusted what the lawyers told him and his sister that they really were the last on either side of the family. He told Claire about all the different interests his relatives had, based off of what he and Fifi had found during the renovations they did on the house. It was truly baffling how each room was connected to another, how all the architectural differences seemed to interlock with each other…but he couldn’t think of a better place to live in and get to know.

Fred blushed lightly when his fingers slowly gripped and fidgeted with Claire’s…how strange it was…and yet…not in a bad way. And his smile softened as he watched her doze into a deep slumber…to which, after a lot of careful maneuvering and gentle shifting and lifting, Freddy…who was rather short in comparison to Claire, managed to carry her up back to her room and tucker her into bed. Brushing her bangs from her face, he smiled warmly over her before wishing her a good night. “May you always feel safe here.” He whispered before closing the door behind him and retreating to his room.

(( OK! I’m declaring this the last post for the night. As of tomorrow, it shall be a new day! Thanks everyone for a wonderful time! ))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((i hope it's okay if i just stick Bal in a room, lol))

His first night of sleep marked the end of a long, grueling battle with insomnia. The bed was the most comfortable he'd ever slept in. It took Bal a considerable amount of willpower to finally wake up. Though his eyes were bleary, he was grinning from sheer content. There was an indescribable warmth to this place. It was borderline unnerving. Pleasantly so.

Bal finished scribbling in a small notebook, and stood to clothe himself. Writing about each experience was a powerful catharsis, and helped him start each day with a clearer mind; something he'd need to survive the year. For now, he made an effort to keep his room clean as possible. Bal tidied after himself, remade the bed, and went downstairs. His food rations were low. He doubted anyone would be awake this early, allowing him to slip by unnoticed. The surrounding forest would yield plenty of game, especially during these hours of day.

The sunlight on the first floor made Bal wince slightly. He rose his arm to block the glare, then scanned the lobby, bar, and lounge for any signs of life. In the event someone was awake, he wanted to at least greet them before leaving.

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═Claire═╪

Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal.

╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪

It had been some time since Claire had last made a stop like this. It seemed like a long time to her. Mostly it was all work and she hadn't stopped at all. Which is what got her into her little predicament. That and the bite from that naga.

Stepping into the building she looked around for a bit. She wasn't expecting to step in anywhere fancy but this wasn't bad. Way better than how things were back at camp.

Wincing in pain she held her stomach as she sunk down to the floor. " Son of a..." She whispered gasping for air as a wave of pain hit her. Once it faded a bit she climbed back to her feet. This wasn't just the poison, and damn, she knew the pain too well. And the faint smell of her own blood confirmed it. Fantastic.

The dhampir remained down there as she held her stomach. Bad timing.

The pink on her usually pale cheeks and the sweat on her forehead suggested a fever. Not that it mattered to her. Not when her whole body was hurting and... "Goddam...ugh..." She didn't even have the time to get to anyone. Really, she had just wanted to ask for some pain killer and vodka. How did it come to this? How was she gonna explain it. That if anyone realized she was there.

Slowly she looked up from the ground to scan the room in search of anyone. Although a part of her hoped this was an abandoned building. It was unlikely.
⇚╪══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
We are always living in the final days. What have you got? A hundred years or much, much less until the end of your world.

((OOC: Hoping I can jump in.))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a newcomer, a woman who seemed to be in some kind of pain. Bal swallowed any hesitation that impeded him. He had to at least ask if she wanted his help. Ignoring her would be seen as rude gesture, wouldn't it? His excursion would have to wait. "Hello," he began slowly. "Are you alright?" Bal approached the stranger like she was a wounded animal, which really wasn't the best mindset to have before a hunt. A hint of concern knotted his brow. Her problems weren't any of his business, but...

The gray-eyed man looked around for any signs of the inn's owner. When there were none, he slipped behind the bar. For the time being, he and the woman seemed to be the only two people on the lower floor. He assumed everyone else was still asleep. Bal grabbed a glass, and filled it with water for his new company. His hand shook lightly as he placed the drink in front of her. It was important for her to stay hydrated. "I have... something for stomach pains, if you need it."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═Claire═╪

Her eyes mate grey colored ones as the man asked her a question. She took a deep breath and gave him a fake smile before speaking. " D-depends..." Really, this was no time to be cryptic. " I think I was poisoned." Think? A naga bit her! The only thing keeping her alive was her vampire blood.

Slowly she climbed to her feet and went to get the glass of water which she downed at once. " I doubt painkillers will do much. But thanks anyways." Another forced smile. She shivered as another wave of pain hit her, this time holding herself on her feet by placing a hand on the counter.

" I just need to sleep it off." She said then looking around. It was just the two of them here. " How do I get a room?" She finally said. Wincing in pain right after. At this point she was praying to pass out from pain like she had in other occasions. But for now she was conscious.
We are always living in the final days. What have you got? A hundred years or much, much less until the end of your world.

Bal's eyes snapped open in surprise and disbelief. What kind of enemies could this girl have for her to be poisoned? Maybe it had been some sort of accident? "Hang on, I'll be right back." Without thinking twice about the issue, he rushed up the stairs and into his room. It was against apothecary code to ignore the suffering of another human being. Or supposed human being, really; it didn't matter either way to Bal.

He rummaged through his bag, and pulled out a small wooden box. Inside was a glass vial, which he took between his fingers. Bal held it near the light of the window, shaking it to stir the liquid inside. Once he determined it to be the elixir he wanted, he pocketed it.

Shortly after collecting some supplies, he returned to the bar, unable to answer Claire's question. "You'll need to speak with Fiona about that." At least, he thought that was her name; Bal was better at remembering faces. "I'm just a guest here myself, so--" he shrugged, and expressed further interest in her condition. Poison wasn't something to be taken lightly, but wouldn't be much of a challenge for him to control.

"Care to tell me how exactly you were poisoned?" He tugged on his jacket hood awkwardly towards one side of his face. Surely, karma would smile kindly on him for this gesture. How couldn't it? Bal tried to smile, but concern for the girl twisted it into a half-grimace. Karma could also turn into a raging b***h if he didn't get his act together. He took a roll of sterilized gauze from his pocket, and quickly began wrapping each of his hands.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( Just realized my plans are up in the air, so I'm not sure when I can really RP. Guess I'll just lurk right now.. ninja
By the way, hello newcomer! ))

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Yeah...my honey and I are bonding and watching us some Doctor Who. So...I'm focusing on answering his questions about the show more so than trying to focus on here. And then tomorrow is clean the house day...so...I'll be slow on my participation for the weekend. Welcome! ))

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

╒═Claire═╪

Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal.

╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪

The signs of concern made Claire a little uneasy. Really, she just wanted to put this behind her.

When he had asked her how she was poisoned she pondered for a while. How to explain she was been hunting and that thing had bitten her after her squad bailed on her? " Erm, a naga bit me. It would probably be deadly but... luckily I'm not entirely human. So I'll live. " She assured him before once again wincing in pain. " Do you know where I can use the rest room, I've... been traveling and would like to at least wash my face." She admitted with a bit of a sigh.

OOC:Oh, Hi!~ 3nodding

"Lethal or not, there's no reason to endure the pain." Bal emptied the glass vial into the water he'd poured for her. From his other pocket, he took a dimebag half filled with orange powder. He added the it to the mix, and it began smoking ominously. "This will keep the venom from attacking your nervous system," Bal murmured.

He stirred the concoction with a straw he found behind the bar. The antidote contained tannic acid, and extract of bearded tooth mushroom, soaked for three weeks in yarmor oils. Bal figured it was best to keep the ingredients to himself. It worked miracles for naga venom, and that was all that mattered. The only side effect would be temporary nausea. He quickly removed the straw, and fanned the steam away from the top of the cup with his hand. Injection was a faster-acting method of administering the brew, but it was more complex; Bal wasn't about to go sticking needles into the arm of a perfect stranger.

"I think the restrooms were..." he trailed-off in the middle of his sentence, and left the bar. Bal searched the area, peering down the first floor's main hallway. He poked his head into a small, unlit room. "Over here," the apothecary called out. Bal wasn't used to his surroundings quite yet. In time, he'd know the layout of the Blank Slate by memory, have it sketched out, and immortalized in ink on the pages of his notebook.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Yukie, would you mind making your font darker. The light cyan coloration makes it painfully hard to read. Thank you. ^_^ ))

Golden Gatekeeper

Another morning brings another day. In other parts of the universe, galactic wars were raging, faerie princesses were unraveling the secrets behind a curse gone wrong, and fleas were infesting a mangy mutt that was on it’s last leg.

But this particular morning brought a smile to Fred and Fifi’s faces as they hustled and bustled about the inn. Frederick was getting his tools ready for the start of the south wing renovations while Fiona was in her baking kitchen, making up fresh muffins and bagels for anyone up early enough for breakfast.

What was even better was the fact that they had guests in some of their rooms ( but not anywhere close to entirely filling up the grotesquely large house ) as well as another set of twins to help about with the daily work!

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_star SOUZA AND MANA gaia_star

The twins had awoken fairly early and were outside a time to watch and feel the sun rise up into the sky. After a time they both went back inside, dressed in usual robes, and met up with their supervisors. Mana would find Fiona in the kitchen and gently ask to help if she could in the kitchen, seeing as she knew her way around a kitchen better than Souza. The fiery-haired twin, on the other hand, followed Fredrick around and asked if he needed her help. as she had fairly great strength for her size and such, Souza though that helping remodel the south wing would be a more suitable place rather than the kitchen, where she would just make a mess.
But all day they would do this and that and whatever else to help out around the inn as was needed. And if customers were to pop in or wake up, the blind and mute siblings would be sure to greet them so Fiona wouldn't get flustered and Fredrick could do what he wanted in the south wing. Both of them seemed to be a bit happier to day as well - perhaps because they finally had a place to stay for more than a night. It felt good to them to know they didn't need to move to the next town so quickly.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff