Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Gatekeeper

A pop of the bottle and a glass filled with white wine, Frederick gave Cael a nod hoping he’d enjoy the glass, before looking towards Territh. “AH! And please excuse my rudeness, good sir!” He said to the sea creature. “It’s been a while since we’ve had it so busy, and though my sister can be a great help at times, she gets rather overwhelmed after a while.” He explained a little further. “Is there anything I can fix you to eat or drink while you wait for your room to…um…fill up…?” He then paused in thought. “Did you need any furnishings for the pool?” Unsure if Territh would be content with any of the floating toys or chairs and such they had…since…they’d relatively keep him above water…

Yes…the twins weren’t quite used to having underwater guests as of yet…

(( I wanted to add that real quick…since I keep on feeling like a dunce when I realize that Frederick should have asked this or that or the other at one point. >.< ))
Territh did not speak a preference of water as Frederick grew distracted, attempting to play host to several individuals all at once. The Der'Khal was delighted by the open nature of the man, who seemed to delight in the interaction with new and strange.

Territh watched from his proverbial corner and turned his gaze empathically to the women before him. They painted the ether with a purple haze of overlapping emotion and the Der'Khal felt a pang of sadness followed swiftly by the soothing nature of bonding and love.

If the Der'Khal could shed a tear he would have.

Instead, he nodded politely to the two and moved smoothly past them, giving them space as, he had come to understand, was proper to most humanoid landborne.

He came up to the bar a small ways from Cael and Souza.

"I would like some tea, actually. Herbal tea with sweetener. As for the pool, fresh water is just fine."

Territh added, the modulated voice warbling a little as a slight magical distortion came about. Territh's face creased slightly around the hard nodule that served as his nose and furrowed his the brow upon his upper eyes. His lower, mirror-like eyes could not really express terribly well as they were, in fact, compound eyes, and they were set more closely in his skull. They did little than look like mirrors.

Either way, he made a face.

The crystal was acting up, meaning it was probably seeing the end of its use for a while.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_star Souza and Mana gaia_star
Souza smiled when asked if she wanted anything, but instead just shook her head. She was still satisfied from all the brownies she had eaten before and didn't feel quite that thirsty at the moment. "Thanks, but I'm good." She told Fredrick before listening to Cael's story. Her head tilted some, interesting in this mage he talked about and more interested that he was one himself. "So you now magic?" She found herself asking. "I once knew a magician. He did tricks especially for me - the kind I could feel. It was a long time ago though and I haven't run into him since.." Souza would tell Cael with a small shrug of her shoulders. "Why because we're twins, or the handicaps?" She questioned with a curious tone. Not many people really asked to hear about the two - perhaps by fear of offending them. "We're just traveling performers. I'm an acrobat and Mana, my twin, specializes in throwing weapons." Souza told him, moving her arms to her sides and hands to her lap. But she wasn't sure what more he'd like to know so, to stop herself from rambling, she halted her speech there.
Mana was surprised by the hug and hesitantly hugged back. She didn't get hugged often, but it was a nice gesture and made her trust Fiona just a bit more than she trusted anyone else - besides Souza. Then, after a pause of nothing from either of them, Mana started to hum a sweet tune softly. It used to calm Mana when she was a kid, lulled by her mother, and now she hummed it to calm others.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Golden Gatekeeper

Another flip of the switch, and fresh water was filling up the pool in no time. “Herbal tea it is, with sweetener.” Frederick said with his ever warm smile as he went into the kitchen to heat up the water and prepare a small teapot with a stooping bag filled with loose leaves.

Noting Territh’s facial expression as he came out, he pulled a teacup out of the cupboard and started to polish it with a clean rag. “Are you alright, sir?” He asked, setting the cup down on a matching saucer.

Pulling away from the embrace, Fiona smile softly…growing warmer at the sound of the song. “You have a pretty voice. And…well…singing isn’t really about the words. Or…um…at least it isn’t to me.” Leaning back a bit, she looked back towards the fire while she tried to organize her thoughts. “I’ve heard about cultures that don’t speak through words, but through music…or song…oh! And then there’s the saying…um…how music sooths the beast.” To which her brown eyes would widen, believing she just made a major fool of herself. “Not that I’m saying you’re a beast! Or…that anyone is a beast, or that you should be hanging out with beasts or…um…” Her face grew deep red, clasping her hand over her mouth to get herself shut up before she makes a bigger fool out of herself. “Sorry!” She squeaked.
Cael'ashk would sip at the wine, nodding to Frederick. "Thank you greatly." As Souza spoke of a magician she once knew, Cael gave a soft chuckle. "I can do more than a few tricks, but my specialty lies in the conjuration and manipulation of fire." To emphasize his point, he snapped as he flipped his palm face up, where a small flame would dance in the air. She could feel its warmth, but he was saddened that she wouldn't be able to see it's brilliant and beautiful light. Just then, the flame would flare up, over a foot tall and burn out, but in it's wake it left a translucent crimson silk cloth that dropped back down into his open palm. With a smile, he placed the four foot long scarf gently about Souza's shoulders. It was warm to the touch. "A gift for the lady..." He did not explain further, but she would find that the cloth would magically change temperature as she willed it to. "No, it isn't your handicaps that interest me, but rather your abilities. The power in your sister's touch and your own ability to sense and distinguish your surroundings through their connection with the earth." He hadn't been able to figure out how they did it, only that they did. "In any case, I would most like to witness your act sometime. I'd imagine you two are very talented." Though, he didn't intend to stay here for very long, as he had to continue on, but perhaps he could find them on the road in their travels sometime.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( I'll reply soon. Have to go take care of some chores. ))
((Sincerest apologies for the delay! A good friend came to me requesting help in a matter that required bodies. Baling hay is a tough task with only a few people so I went hastily to the rescue. xD))

Territh's eyes flicked over to Frederick as he inquired and the confused expression dropped to make way for another smile all in the eyes. He nodded in confirmation and transferred the crystal gingerly to his hand. He held it in the tips of his fingers, staring at it intently.

The stone flickered a little bit and, rather suddenly, a garbled mix of words in various different languages veritably exploded into life before fading into nothingness once more.

Territh's eyes went wide and twitched the stone away from his face. Even your own thoughts can be startling when suddenly audible! Territh's upper lids dropped like weights halfway down the height of his eyes and he placed the stone on the counter-top with a dull clack.

The Der'Khal left it alone at that point and looked over at Souza and Cael just in time to see a flame flit to life within the palm of the elf. The warm light glistened off the mirror-like surface of Territh's compound eyes and he squinted his upper eyes until one could barely see them.

The flame exploded into a shaft of fire for a split second, making the Der'Khal twitch slightly and then a lovely red scarf came into being. Territh subconsciously made a little clicking noise in intrigue until he became distracted by the sound of boiling water.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_star Souza and Mana gaia_star
Location: M - Fireplace, S - Bar / Accompanying: M - Fiona, S - Cael

(( Sorry sorry! I had some unexpected things to do after chores and a talk with parents... It lasted way longer than I expected! And now I feel myself getting tired from today... I'll be on more tomorrow! G'night! ))

Souza was very impressed as she felt the heat near her and then felt the warm, light cloth draped over her shoulders. "Oooh, how amazing!" She said with a grin and small laughter. "Makes me remember magic shows when I was a kid. Though nothing compares to the energy you give out! I'm sad I can't actually see it... Flames don't give the greatest vibrations for me to see with.." She said, reaching up to scratch a phantom itch on her cheek. "And about my act.. Well I'm thinking tomorrow we'll be putting it on. Mana and I that is. Around dusk is when my sister prefers." Souza explained and gave Cael and warm smile before sighing and getting off the stool. "I'm sorry, I just suddenly feel very tired. I guess all our traveling has caught up to me! I'm going to sleep now." She told him and began to walk off towards her room. "Good night all!" She called to everyone, giving a wave of sorts as she walked away and out of sight.
Mana nodded and gave another soft smile at the compliment of her humming. It was always a wonder to her why she could hum, but not speak. Every time she tried nothing came out or it would be a strange raspy sound. She started to laugh - silently as her shoulders shook - from the things Fiona was saying to her. Then, a rare event, Mana managed to give her a warm smile and poked her nose. It was clear she was quite amused! Indeed it seems the two of them had become friends! After calming herself from the silent laughter, Mana gave a big yawn and patted Fiona's shoulder, pointing towards her room. After another pause to see if Fiona had anything more to say or do, Mana would get up, wave goodnight to all that were looking, and head after her sister and out of sight for the rest of the night.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( ^_^ No worries. And and Diz. We all have outside lives that take precedence! As of next Saturday, I’ll be gone for over a week due to a wedding I’m attending out of town. ))

Frederick frowned a bit. “Lost your ability to translate your speech?” He deduced, questioning it to make sure he was right…only to holding his finger up for a moment so he could retrieve the tea. In the kitchen, he pour the hot water into the teapot that had the bag of loose leaves in it, adding some sweetener before bringing the little teapot out for Territh. “Well, I do believe we can figure out a solution to this problem. Do you know how to write? Or maybe we’ve got a Territh to English dictionary in our library! Not that I’m saying your name is what you’re called, but I’m afraid I just don’t know what species you are!” The man chuckle warmly, showing that he didn’t mean to insult Territh. A moment longer, and he soon poured the tea into the teacup for him. “Sleep well, Souza…Mana.” He added with a nod and warm smile.

Fiona smiled and giggled at her nose being poked, and feeling all the better to see Mana smile and attempt to laugh. “Good night, Mana…and Souza!” She called out, giving a wave before trotting over to Frederick to give him a hug. Looking over to Cael and Territh, her wave became a bit timid before asking…”Is Mr. Territh’s room ready?" "Almost." "I think I know which would suit Mr. Cael very well…” She said before looking towards the elf. “When you’re ready, I’d be happy to show you the way.”
"It's a special kind of silk called mageweave. We use it because it works well with magic and can hold enchantments well." He felt that the color looked nice on her, even if she couldn't see it. "Oh? Tomorrow then? I suppose I shall attend before taking my leave then." He returned her smile as he sipped away the last of his glass of wine. He might have asked for another, but today was not the day for getting tipsy, and he planned to finish the experiment he had been performing in the carriage when he got to his room. "Sweet dreams, milady."

"Mr. Territh." He spoke when lady Souza vanished from sight, turning towards the sea-creature-man. "The magic has dissipated from your stone?" It was a statement, because he knew it to be true, but his tone wasn't so conceited, seeming more like a question. "May I borrow it? I would most like to study it further. Mayhaps, I could even devise a way for you to get more use out of these stones."

Finally, he turned to Fiona as she addressed him. "Ash'a bel'anar. Thank you, milady. I'd be happy to let you show me the way." Of course, he'd wait for the response from Territh first, and hopefully take the device he had used to translate his psionic emanations to speech with him. He would give a deep bow to those remaining in the room before leaving it. "Shorel'aran."
Celeste walks into the establishment and looks around. she finds a place to sit down then takes a seat.

Golden Gatekeeper

Fiona nodded to Cael, and waited with him to see if Territh would give him his translation stone or not. “When you’re ready, sir.” She said with a small smile. She then looked over towards the new woman who entered in…but before she could welcome Celeste, Frederick piped up with his usual warm and charming smile. “Good evening, miss, and welcome! How may we be of service?” He asked politely.
Celeste smiled at the gentleman "would you by any chance have some blood wine? i'm absolutely parched

Golden Gatekeeper

Frederick raised a brow at the type of wine, which was refreshingly specific…though perhaps not specific enough. “Of course, miss. Do you have a preference as to what kind of blood wine? We’ve got animal, humanoid, and mystical.” He explained, pulling out three different bottles describing the types of blood that the wine was fermented with...ranging from rats and dogs and cats, to various bloods of the different humanoid related races, as well the blood of various legendary and magical creatures such as unicorns and hydras.
Territh plucked the stone from its place on the counter and with a single fluid motion, snaked his arm across to where Cael sat. Territh turned his countenance fully to the Mage and gestured for the elf to take the stone.

Having been careful of the psionic emanations and their strength prior, Territh externalized a feeling of approval and understanding for the intentions that the mage held. It was difficult to consciously direct the waves of energy but Territh felt like he did well. He certainly hoped so.

At the mention of writing, Territh blinked and gained a look on his face that might have said "I am so stupid." The Der'Khal shifted under his outter robes and in a moment another limb appeared, holding a scroll case that was embroidered in vibrant blue hues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff