Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Gatekeeper

“Two burgers and fries. And chocolate milk shakes.” Cery decided to order for the both of them, causing the waiter to disappear behind the kitchen door. She then took the seat across from Saewves, thinking upon the question for a bit. “You’re not the first to ask me that, in truth. I had this one fellow in here who was most interested, but he wasn’t perhaps as worldly as you. I mean…you hunt unicorns, the poor dears! Not that I’m judging you, mind you! We all need to make a living with what skills we are best suited with!” She explained with a beaming grin.

“But as to what I am, I haven’t decided yet…or if I knew what I was before this point in time, then I simply don’t remember what it was!” She said with a thoughtful twinkle in her eyes. “Ooor…I could know, and simply refuse to tell you in case there happens to be a bounty on my head that I’m completely unaware of!” She giggled gleefully! “It would be more to my advantage if you didn’t know what this potential bounty looked like, but simply had only a name or title to go by. Why do you think that some people change their names so often, or constantly on the move? I guarantee you that the little gypsy girl you had the pleasure of meeting earlier that this is the longest she has stayed in one place since she walked through my threshold! And surely you know that gypsies are rarely about putting down roots! But I think that her staying here will be good for her…and good for the leocorn as well. I was so proud of her when she stood up to you the way she did! She’s normally so timid and soft-spoken…I believe that her boyfriend will bring out her true spirit, just while she will help him realize his.”

She then cocked her head to the side, her hair falling about one shoulder. “But what about you? How did you get to be so lost? What are you running from?” The waiter came out and served their food and drinks, bowing courteously to them. "OH YAY!" Cery chimed as she picked up her burger and took a big bite out of it...mayo and mustard smeared on her cheeks...even a dab of it on her petite little nose.

Distinct Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
(Knocks on door timidly... does one just walk in?)

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Saewves was a bit taken aback as Cery started on about herself, then onto the gypsy, then the leocorn. She even had accused her of killing unicorns! Didn't she just say that she didn't kill for sport, and only when hired to find someone? Didn't that know out killing if she had to 'find' someone, as that usually means for them to be brought to whomever gave the order?
"O-oh.." She said, not really knowing what to say, but was promptly cut off by a question about herself. Not a moment later an exclamation and food being served. The elf blinked at the food, not really excited about a burger, as it wasn't something her particularly liked, but would eat it anyway. before she did such, she laughed a bit at Cery's food-smeared face. "You are indeed one of the most peculiar people I've met. I would doubt a bounty is on your head, and even if it was I wouldn't bring you down. Honest. And for the record, I have never killed a unicorn. Just got too close one time." Saewves smiled with a small laugh, then took a drink of her milk shake. The scrape on her cheek from Rowan's horn was starting to scab over lightly. That hit the spot! She thought on the gypsy standing up to her, not really seeing a shy girl with all that arrogant talk. He was also still curious about the leocorn. What was a leocorn? The elf had never even heard of it before, nor read about it. Her mind was brought back to the question and she stopped drinking her milkshake to answer Cery. "As to how I got here, I was looking for a camp. I had been previously hired to track and bring down a rogue unicorn that had quite a dept with some noble. Some unicorns, being perceived as innocent, are not at all as they seem. Your employee... well, looked very similar to the drawn description-" Saewves took out a piece of folded paper, unfolded it while talking, and placed it on the table. The drawing of the man did indeed look quite a bit like Rowan, with minor differences. The ears were more human-like, the horn curved like his but not as long, an he had more of a beard. "of my target. I suppose I should have looked more carefully... But it's not like horned creatures like this are so common." She said before taking a bite of the burger. She swallowed before she gave a sly smile. "And I do not believe I am running from anything, simply following the wind... and the divine's guidance." She took another bite and, swallowed, and added in, "I have been this was since I left the long house. That was... hm, ten years ago today." Strange thought. She hadn't remembered that the day was an anniversary of sorts for her.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Yes they do! ^_^ ))

Distinct Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow was running. Because of the rain she couldnt see anything until she was tripping on the front porch. She smacked her head on the door with a Thwack! After standing for a moment, trying to stop the spinning, she opened the door. "Hello?"

Golden Gatekeeper

“AH! Well with each era comes new surprises!” A big stupid grin plastered on Cery’s face as she giggle about, kicking her feet gently…but making sure her kicks weren’t wide enough to actually hit the elf in the shins. “Yes…yes…leocorns are quite unique to their time period; with very few mythologies about them. They tend to keep themselves hidden quite well, and probably to themselves too…considering how few there seemed to be to…I mean…assumingly so since there’s so little record of them, after all…” She rambled one before stuffing her mouth full of crinkly French fries. “AH! These are like crack to me!” She blurted out before stuffing her face with more of them.

The strange creature’s eyes then perked up, and after a hard gulp and blurted out…”HAPPY ANNIVERSERY!” And then with a snap of her fingers, the waiter appeared. “BRING US A CHEF’S SPECIAL!” She declared, causing the waiter to scurry into the kitchen…which seemed to explode in a sound of crashing pots and pans and utensils of sorts.

Willow would be greeted by some kind of butler. It had a suit of a butler, though the cuffs of his pants seemed a bit smudged. It stood like a butler and bowed courteously and gestured towards the café like a butler…but it had no face! It had a head, what looked like a balding spot, though his hair was about as smudged as the cuffs of his pants…the hands barely had fingers…it was the most curious looking butler-like thing one could come across…and it didn’t speak. But oh! It definitely had a nose like a butler! That was for certain! You could almost imagine what the rest of the features would surely be if the painting had been completed!

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Saewves was lost in thought eating her fries as Cery talked. She nodded about the leocorns, wondering about them, but not in 'I want to kill it and use it's horn!' way, just curiously. It was a hobby of hers to collect information of various mythical creatures, as was her guardian's. the elf woman was caught off guard when Cery wished her a happy anniversary, her eyes shooting wide before calming down, then giving and odd look to the creature and her servants. "Wha- no wait, no need for that! Really!" She protested, but it looked as if no one really cared what she thought. She sighed and shook her head, an amused smile on her lips. She guessed she would just go with it for now. That then provoked the thought if Cery was the kind to want to know everything about her patrons; Saewves could see interrogations playing out with the small creature and complete strangers. She laughed some at that and then finished eating her burger and fries, now drinking the rest of the milk shake. She wondered what this 'chef special' would be... She hoped it was at least edible.
The sound of a door opening came from somewhere not fare away, she wouldn't say where as she wasn't familiar with the lay out yet, and looked around. She raised a brow, wondering if it was the leocorn or the gypsy girl again. "Do you get many guests here, Cery?" She wondered with a curious look.

Golden Gatekeeper

“Well, it depends on the era.” Cery answered truthfully. “Sometimes I don’t get any guests at all…and other times I have an entire town taking refuge here. It’s for that reason why I started working on the extra buildings. I didn’t have room for the refugees…so in case it were to happen again, I will be better prepared.” She chimed, wiggling happily in her seat until she paused for a moment and looked towards the kitchen. “WE’RE WAITING!” She called out, only to receive another crash of pots and pans in response.

Not long after, the waiter came skating out…swooping and swirling around each corner, skillfully balancing a large chocolate cake topped with dazzling sparklers and pinwheels. Cery hopped up onto her chair and wiggled and danced about. “HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!” She sang, waving her hands about, complete with spirit fingers! She then squealed as she flung her arms out, releasing confetti about all over the room. The waiter waited until after the dance before setting the cake on the table, and started serving pieces of it on smaller plates.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
She didn't have much time to think of react to Cery's explanation of the era and patrons sand the estate, for Cery's shouting threw her off and the waiter did just the same with the giant dessert! Again Saewves was taken aback! It seemed that Cery would never stop surprising her! The giant chocolate cake was a huge surprise and all in all, Saewves never had a celebration like this.. or at all! So, she was a bit lost on what to do. She kind of just awkwardly smiled and sat there, waiting for it all to be done. She had no idea that the anniversary of her leaving the long house would be such a wonderful thing... for it wasn't like she ever wanted to leave it. "Uuh.. thank you?" She said, not really sure anymore. She waited to be served the cake, then looked it over before taking a bite. It was absolutely scrumptious! Saewves's face lit up at the rich chocolaty taste and moist cake! How divine! "Krosis! This is marvelous!" She laughed, and nodded to the odd little woman, at least she thought it was a woman. "Thank you, really. You've shown someone who was..er.. a bit rude quite the hospitality." She awkwardly smiled again, continuing to eat the cake.

Golden Gatekeeper

“YAAAY!!!” Cery chimed, clapping her hands excitedly…though, there was good reason to wonder if she was indeed female or not. The physical features of her torso and thus related to it were rather ambiguous. “I am so glad!” She exclaimed before finally sitting down, wiggling in her seat as she dug into her own cake…which looked to be an art in itself, as she ate it more regally and cleanly than she did with the hamburger and fries! It was like she was making every effort to savor the taste and texture.

“Well…I always believed that when someone is rude, then you should do something to brighten their day; because surely there is something that someone or something else did to make them so irate. That…and it’s just good for business, deary!” She added with a light hearted giggle, followed by a high pitched squeal when she got to the marshmallow filling in the center of her slice of cake. “It’s my FAVORITE PART!” She pointed out, practically spazzing over the idea of it. “I just don’t know I managed to paint up such a wonderful and ingenious chef! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I love surprising myself!”

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Saewves laughed with Cery at the explanation of why the elf was being treated so well. It made a bit of sense to her in a philosophical way. Again, more excitement, right when the elf calmed herself. this time, however she almost jumped at the high pitched squeal. She winced some at it even and gave a weak and awkward smile to the funny thing. At this rate, I should be praying for my own savior... She joked in her mind. Quietly she finished her cake and pushed the plate and fork forward to signal her being done. Slowly she stood and breathed out slowly. "Thank you very much for the food. If you don't mind, I think I'd like to tour the place. Having no clue when I'll get back to my time, I should at least get to know the estate." Saewves said, taking a step back and pushing in her chair, making sure not to knock anything over as well while she adjusted her saber in her belt.
Unless Cery would stop her, Saewves would then take her leave to the porch area. It seemed that it started to rain lightly outside. Like it had been raining for hours but now slowed to just a drizzle. She still had to get used to that time-jumping effect, but the thought of time-traveling (though she had once met someone who could do something like that) was just a bit much for her. Saewves would then go up against a random part of railing and lean on it, looking out and over and simply spacing off and thinking of what to do now.

Golden Gatekeeper

“Oh! Of course!” Cery responded, hopping up in her seat to give the grand tour. “You’re just going to…” She was about to start rambling off some lovely details, only for her feline like ears to lower as the elf meandered out onto the porch. “…oh.” Her large, inquisitive eyes lowered with a weak half smile as she looked over to the waiter who started to clean up the table. “I came off too strong again, didn’t I.” To which the silent servant nodded hesitantly, before giving her a hug. “D’aw…how did you get to be such a sweetheart?!” She chirruped before pecking him on the cheek. He would surely blush if he had a face that allowed him to. Instead, he made an ‘Aw shucks’ type of motion before busying himself with the rest of the cleaning. “Ah well! I’m sure once she’s ready for a room, she’ll let someone know which one she chooses.” She said before helping to clear away the rest of the dishes and disappearing into the kitchen.

Distinct Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow wasn't at all bothered by the half unpainted man, in fact she grinned at him. She looked for ears and then sadly told him "I'm afraid im bleeding on your floor... Willow lifted her shirt a bit to reveal a large wound. Was just wondering if vampires are welcome in this estate. If not i will happily move on." Well, it wouldn't be happily she thought, but she knew very well, from the giant hole in her stomach, that sometimes people had a problem with Vamps.

Golden Gatekeeper

It would appear as if the floor was soaking up whatever blood might drop upon it; the drops seemingly disappeared from sight. At the sight of the wound, the silent servant snapped his fingers and out of the study door came another silent servant…this one looking like a medical doctor. It rushed out and gathered the vampire up in its arms and carried her into the study…setting her comfortably down on one of the couches. Opening one of the cabinet doors, it drew out various medical supplies, setting up an IV for her with fresh blood that was appeared out of some kind refrigerated area of the cabinet. Once it had gotten the blood pumping through her arm, it set about to patching up the wound…until Willow’s natural healing abilities kicked in.

Once it finished, it bowed courteously to the vampiric guest before heading out…passing the four foot tall creature that was Cerynitis. She was leaning against the door with a quirky little smile on her face. She was still in her shorts and top, her feet bare...revealing how her toes were like her fingers; strangely missing that extra digit most humans tended to have. Her cat like ears were perked up with excitement…she couldn’t remember the last time she had a vampire over for a visit. “I hope he wasn’t too rough with you. Please forgive me for not being able to greet you myself.” Her voice chimed with a delightful giggle on her breath.

Distinct Genius

6,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Willow squealed as she was picked up, and would have flushed if she had enough blood in her. When he attached the I.V she began to relax and didnt even feel him bandaging her. Her eyes flew open when Cerynitis came in. She tried to sit up, only to grimace and lay down again. " Im so sorry to barge in on you like this, as you can see i was wounded and i asked the servant if this was a... vampire friendly place she grimaced at the term. Shyly she looked around for the silent one who had greeted her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff