Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Gatekeeper

Chloe was about ready to stomp on Rowan’s tail if it continued to smack her legs at the rate it was going. Closing her eyes, she took several steps away. “Baby steps.” She simply stated before adjusting her shawl. She understood what it was like to be frustrated…maybe not for the same reasons as his, but she understood frustration well enough. Just when she thought she was seeing a different side to Rowan, he immediately snapped back into the angry…brat.

And while he sounded like he was trying to be reasonable near the end there…she could tell his stubbornness wasn’t going to be resolved with any further conversation. So with that simple statement of “Baby Steps”…Chloe made her way around him out of the kitchen, across the garden pathway towards her room.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith chuckled softly at the mention of the fact that she had several husbands at once. "Well I suppose if it works for ya lass it's all good." He said with a wry chuckle as she moved the discussion to a new subject asking just what he did. "Well lass what I do is more or less what I have been doing today." He said with a soft laugh taking another long drink of cocoa smiling slightly as he looked around again. "I travel often enough, but when I'm in one realm I tend to give advice."

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan slowly opened his eyes, his ears twitching up a little to hear Chloe muttering. He watched her walking away and shook his head a bit. She can't expect him to just accept and be optimistic about not having control of his form, especially when he had all his life until coming here. There was more going on than what Rowan let her see. She might be comfortable with seeing the light of things all the time, but Rowan was not so lucky. He couldn't, and wouldn't change her mind it seemed, so he just let her leave.
After a moment in the silence of the kitchen, he decided to walk off as well. Now cooled down, his expression was the same stony face he usually had. He knew he had no control over whatever curse was placed on him, but he couldn't help but still be angry with it. It did seem his temper was getting better, though, for at least this time he did not lash out at her.
The leocorn decided the quiet night would be nicely spend in the tea room, so that is where he headed. Taking a seat in a comfortable armchair, Rowan adjusted the blanket over himself and lounged there a while.

------------------------------------

She shrugged, tilting her head back and forth. "It works some times.. And other times I just get a wandering urge. My husbands love me like any other fae marriage, but I wonder sometimes what a romance is like." She giggled at her own thoughts, thinking that anyone but another fae would find that strange sounding.
Briar nodded some and looking up at the mage with some curiosity in her eyes. "So, you're some sort of sage to people whenever you happen to stay a while in one realm?" She asked, a light smirk on her lips. The thought of him being some sagely wise-man amused her, for though he was powerful enough, he didn't strike her as the type to help with everyone's issues.
Her wings fluttered some and Briar soon rose up to be at height with his face - fluttering a few inches from him and to the side. A light glow would shimmer from her wings as she floated there.
"But what hobbies do you have? Surely you do something to keep yourself from getting bored!" She mused, placing her hand son her hips and giggling again.
Just then, she remembered he was supposed to be staying at the Blank Slate and excitement came into her eyes. "Ooh! Have you gotten a room yet? Has Rowan showed you to it? I want to see~" She said while weaving back and forth in the air. Briar believed you could tell a lot by where a person chooses to sleep.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

"Hmm interesting choice of words sage, but I suppose it works as well as any." Barith said with a soft chuckle as he finished his cocoa, and sat the mug aside smling as the pixie flew up to his face. He smiled at her as she asked more about his hobbies and the like which made him chuckle softly most didn't ask him such. "Well I can play a number of instruments, and I read a lot."

Barith chuckled as the pixie suddenly changed he discussion again this time to rooms which caused him to smile. "I do indeed have a room, and I found it though no one showed me where it was." He smiled softly as he stood motioning to the pixie. "Now I'll show ya if ya want just follow." He said softly as he made his way to his room.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Briar nodded energetically, twirling in the air as she fluttered, following the mage. "Ooh, are you a bard too? I love bards! Music is a lovely things~" She hummed, her signatures grin returning to grace her face once again.
She hummed some unknown tune as she flew beside him. "I'd love to see your room! I would even show you mine but.. well that would require you to downsize a bit!" She giggled with a little wink to Barith. Obviously he could not fit in the pixie den unless Briar shrunk him. Not like that would be hard, but Briar would rather not do that if not wanted.
"What's your favorite instrument? A lute perhaps? Or flue!" She wondered, flying around his head and even briefly landing on his shoulder before returning to the side of him in the air.
"Do you sing as well?" She giggled more, a funny image of the mage being some Casanova bard out serenading ladies withing some tavern.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith chuckled as the energetic pixie fired off another series of questions as they slipped from the ball room. The moment the door closed the silence filled the air, and the mage let out a peacful sigh. He often found parties to be a bit much for him at time after traveling with so few for so long. "I prefer the mandolin as my favored instrument, but to be honest I don't sing to well."

barith smiled as they reached guest suite 101, and opened the door letting the pixie in. The room it's self was colored in blues, and tans much like the ages own robes. "Here we are." He said softly motioning an arm to the room which looked quite normal apart from the mage staff in one corner, and the large black raven sleeping on the desk.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The pixie smiled and nodded once in agreement. "I see. Well, I guess that doesn't make you a bard then.." She shrugged, a tad disappointed, but at least he could still play music. That was a plus!
Briar again flew around him, waiting just a tad behind his shoulder as he opened the door, revealing the room. She looked around with some wonder, imagining Cery painting every piece of furniture. She smiled wider and flew in over the mage, taking a better look. "Oooh, it matched you nicely!" She giggled some, swiveling in the air and landing her eyes first on the mages staff in the corner. Briar flew over and inspected it, tiling her head side to side as she did. "Hmm, is this your weapon then? Does it focus your energy? I never did get to know why wizards had staffs.." She wondered, tapping her bottom lip thoughtfully.
Next, she spied the sleeping Raven and gasped quietly. His blackened feathers had a shine to them and he seemed much bigger than Briar expected! She pointed to him, looking at the mage and grinned. But, squirming as she was to wake him and say hello, Briar opted not to and instead flew back to Barith to rest on his shoulder. "This is a nice room!" She whispered to him, now conscious about disturbing the bird. "It looks very comfortable! Oh, how long do you think you'll stay?" She asked, blinking her doe eye sin a curious fashion.
"Oh, and I'll have to get you for breakfast come morning! The chef here makes the best pancakes!" She mused with a light clap in happiness.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( I decided to end the Ball two days early. Going to take some downtime for the remainder of the year, to help organize some thoughts and potential plots. Hope everyone has fun and enjoy the New Year’s festivities! See you next year!!! ))

As the ball drew to an end, guests found their way out of the pool, dried themselves off with towels and other means provided to them, and made their way to their respective realms or rooms. There was a subtle rumbling of the ground as the Veils started to close…which caused a great deal of concern for Cerynitis. She would quickly disappear among one of the various mirrors that were set up around the Blank Slate, all while the rest of the servants cleaned up anything and everything that was leftover.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith chuckled as he watched the pixie's reaction to everything in his room. She was an interesting young fae keeping him chuckeling as he made his way to the closet, and shifts the contents of it. "It is indeed my weapon, and yer quite right I use it to channel, and magnify my powers." He said softly as he pulled on a heavy robe, and took a seat in one of the comfortable chair.

"As fer how long it's something that can flux depending on if something comes up." He said softly leaning back to look at the ceallin' of his roof for several moments. "Fer now I'm going to be observe tha two royals fer a time, and offerin' them what advice I can." He smiled at the small pixie on that was all teeth. "The pancakes sound like fun, but how will you do that unless you stay here tonight?"

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( Sounds good! ^^ I'd like a small rest too, and I might be away tomorrow and the first of the year anyway~ I'm sure we can finish up this little bit and you can call a new day when you get back! Happy New Year! C: ))

Briar stayed beside him, snooping in the closet when Barith went to change robes, and as well fluttering beside him after he took up a seat finally. "Ooh, you're going to help them? Good! They'll need all the help they can get!" She giggled, a funny smirk-smile on her pink lips. Briar crossed her arms and sort of 'sat' in the air just a little to the side of Barith.
She tilted her head when she saw his smile get more toothy than before, though Briar had to admit that he did have a nice smile. Her smirk stayed on her face when he mused at how the pixie would get him for breakfast in the morning. "Do you doubt I would find some way to sneak in and wake you up, dear mage?" She teased with a light laugh, her smile as well showing some teeth now.
"Or just what is on your mind?" She asked, curious about what he was thinking. He did mean stay for the night, as in his room, did he not? Because it was already obvious Briar was a patron of the Blank Slate Inn.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Ok...don't mean to disrupt your RP, but I think enough time has passed. Time to start a new day! ^_^ HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! ))

With the night over and everyone tucked into bed, various things would occur as everyone slumbered. Dae and Akane would be magically transferred to the suites that were tailored for them on the second floor. They were side by side, his in various shades of blues while hers were in various shades of pink. And if either one of them looked closely at a strangely placed mirror in her living area or his bedroom closet, they would find that the mirror could be slid aside like a door into the other’s suite.

Upon waking up, Rowan and Chloe would find their rooms filled to the ceiling with various wrapped boxes and gifts filled with clothes and furnishings made from expensive fabrics, as well as random bobbles and trinkets filled with rare and exotic perfumes, soups, and elixirs…all of which coming from the creatures from their respective courts…some well-meaning gifts while other are obviously in hopes of favors.

It seems that the Blank Slate is swarming with servants, even after the ball…though they appear to be painting the walls…perhaps patching up a few things after the minor earthquake from the veils closing the night before. Cerynitis seems to be rather busy herself, taking on another project on the far side of the estates…and by the looks of the brickwork she’s painting, it would be a good guess that she’s had another idea for a building…

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( I'll leave Briar alone for now, in case you had anything planned for the night before, Barith. But I'm gong ahead with the new day for Rowan. >.< ))

Rowan grunted as he exited his room, piling most of the gifts he cared not for along the walls. He sighed as he set down the batch he held, standing up with a bit of an irritated look and greeted a silent servant with a nod. "I don't care what you do with them, I have no want for these." he told the curious servant, who then gave him a salute and started to sort through the stacks of fine clothing, jewels, and other ornate decorations. The leocorn shook his head, his white lion-like ears twitching on the sides, and turned to again enter his living quarters. Inside were still many stacks of gifts unwanted, and even bouquets of flowers with pompous notes attached to the vases! Though, surprisingly, Rowan didn't mind the greenery in his room. It help to make it feel more like the outside, just with comfortable conveniences.
He again began to sift through some large boxes, one of which had a set of ornate swords of varying sizes that Rowan actually didn't mind. He would set that box aside in his pile of 'keepers', before returning to look through the smaller things. Perfumes he disliked, and thus he handed those small boxes off to a few curious maid-servants that poked into his room.
"Take them. I don't care to smell like... what is this scent anyway? Twilight Woods? How is that even a smell?" But even with his comments, the maids delighted in taking away most of the perfumes and jewelry, while other servants took the fine clothes and decorations. Many of which were mantle clocks! Who would send so many clocks!?
As Rowan was nearing the end of his gifts, finally, he came across an oval-shaped box with a crest on it. The crest was that of crossed daggers, ribbons floating on the sides and behind it. On the ribbons were words carved in another language, yet Rowan found he could read them without even thinking! He tried to open the box, but it seemed locked up tight. There as well was no key, and he sighed. But finally something clicked, and Rowan knew how to open the box.
"Do what you must. Trust what you do." He said aloud, and a loud click of a lock undoing was heard. He slowly opened the box, and to his surprise was only a note on the red velvet interior.

To Rowan,

This was a box meant for your mother, when it was announced your father was to marry a Unicorn. Sadly, she had never gotten it due to various implications. I think you'll find a nice use for it. Stay safe, cub. Use the looking glass I gave you if you find yourself in trouble.

- Auntie Shae

Rowan lightly smiled at the note, and furrowed his brows. What would he do with this box? And why couldn't it be given to his mother, whom he still couldn't remember? He scoffed softly, and closed the box, leaving the note inside. For a moment, he would just sit there, on his floor, among the other gifts to go through, and ponder it. His tail moved rhythmically behind him, hitting the side of his dark jeans now and then. Rowan as well wore a black, long-sleeve shirt, but was barefoot as he had no intention of going outside yet.

Golden Gatekeeper

Many of the discarded gifts were taken through the mirrors…returning the gifts to the original senders with notes politely declining the gifts for Rowan. In truth…something similar was going on for Chloe, as she thoughtfully read the inscriptions with each gift and hand-wrote her own notes declining each and every gift. She made sure to detail her reasons, which in general was due to the impropriety of many of the gifts. While there were some that were indeed more wondrous than anything she ever saw, she too declined those…not wanting any more surprises than she could handle for at least another day or two.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rowan would find that one particular servant was dressed differently from the rest. She looked like a chambermaid, and while he was going through his Keep and Discard piles, she made sure to organize the discard pile and was the one that wrote the notes that went with them as the other servants sent them through the mirrors to be returned to the original senders. While her face still seemed rather undistinguished like most of the other servants, she was perhaps the only one dressed as a chambermaid…which made her stand out from the rest. She naturally would bow politely to the leocorn and give him his space when he requested it…but as he spent his day holed up in his room, she would return with a polite knock on his door and a tray of whichever meal it was during the day, complete with a glass of iced tea. At one point, the tray even had a note from Cerynitis requesting his suggestions for flowers and foliage for the Gatehouse she was in the process of painting.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan didn't seem to really mind the new chambermaid, as he passed it off as just another of Cery's newest paintings. Once things were sorted, the various keepsakes put away, and other things disregarded, Rowan was fixing few of the flower arrangements around his living quarters. He heard the knock and gave entrance by telling her "Come in." Though, just a moment after she entered, Rowan realized how odd it was. When did the servants knock before? Or bring him lunch?
He looked at her with an odd look, brows furrowed and his golden eye narrowed. He directed her to put down the meal on a dresser, and watched her closely. "When did Cerynitis paint you? And why?" He asked, curious. This was new to him, and didn't seem too much like Cery. Well, that was unless she was going through changing things up again. His tail swished behind him and he tilted his head a little to the left as he awaited an answer. He then saw the note on the tray and picked it up to read to himself.
Cerynitis seemed to want opinions of some plants.. in a new building? He raised an eyebrow and wondered bout it for a second, but decided he would check it out after lunch.

Golden Gatekeeper

The chambermaid couldn’t speak, much like the rest of the servants and simply gestured towards the note and the meal. If Rowan thought about it a bit longer, she wasn’t the only odd servant out of the whole lot of them. Chloe often had a princely looking elf-like servant that had been tending to her for the past month or two…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

…and it was that same servant that was dealing with the gifts the Lady Leocorn was dismissing as she finished each note. When Chloe did finish the task at hand, her fingers felt quite sore from all of the writing, and felt it was time that she stretched something more than her transcriptions. Feeling quite hungry, she made her way into the kitchen and ordered a tuna sandwich with a side of fries.

Looking at a day planner she had started using, she checked off the ‘Gifts’ portion of her list with a sigh, before looking at what was next…as well as the time. “So much for morning exercises.” She muttered quietly in between nibbles of her fries. “I might as well give this new form a try…maybe use the exercises to help get used to moving my limbs and figure out the difference in my strength and agility.” She commented thoughtfully as the tentative servant nodded in agreement.

When she was ready, Chloe made her way to the ballroom, allowing the servant to activate the hologram sequence for her exercise routine, complete with a trainer and gym equipment. Taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes and removed the ring that safeguarded her abilities and form and placed it on a nearby table. As soon as the ring was off, the girl transformed into a humanoid leocorn, complete with a black, twisted horn, a set of black wings…one of which was mangled, and a long leopard’s tail with dark fur and golden spots that matched the rest of her body fur. Looking at her hands…and then seeing herself in the wall mirror that surrounded the training hologram made the girl shudder. She could see her amber eyes ready to tear up, but took in another deep breath to prevent her from doing so. “No…I have to get used to this…and I will.” She flatly stated before looking to the trainer…who immediately spouted off encouraging chants...which obviously sounded like a recording of Cerynitis’ voice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff