Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Gatekeeper

Another day…another room cleaned out. As the sun nestled amongst the distant mountains, Fiona finished up some sweeping in the dining room, and started to close the long curtains that accented the large picture windows. The smell of chicken and garlic filled the air from the kitchen, which made her anxious to taste what Frederick was cooking.

It had been quiet for the past couple of weeks since the last guest departed onto the next part of his life…but it pretty much gave the twins the time to spruce up the rooms and do some light renovations in the mean time.

Golden Gatekeeper

Blowing the steam off of their meal, Frederick settled settled down on a chair behind the bar as Fiona poured a glass of milk to drink with her meal and a glass of juice for her brother. He grabbed a remote from beneath the counter and turned on the small television in the corner that was also hooked up to a DVD player.

They weren't in the habit of watching the door to wait for people, so in the mean time while they ate, the twins tended to watch some random DVD’s she collected from their childhood. Currently, the Muppet Show was in the player…letting them enjoy the antics of some ‘second rate variety show’ as well as the beautiful renditions of various songs performed by a variety of performers.

Golden Gatekeeper

Fiona took care of dishes, since her brother had taken up the task of cooking. At the end of the episode they were watching, the sister gathered up the dishes both out in the common area and in the kitchen, and set about to washing them. Frederick himself wiped down the bar counter, as well as the tables in the common area and in the dining area.

“It might be a good idea to try to finish up the southern wing of the house.” He suggested as he went into the kitchen to dispose of the wash rags into the laundry room. “Are you sure?” His sister looked towards him from over her shoulder. “The last time the consultant looked at the original blue prints and then the site itself, he pointed out how previous renovations had damaged so much of the original foundation, that it would be quite costly to repair it…”

“I know, I know, but still…we can’t sit on it forever…” He said with a small smile and a wink before disappearing out of the kitchen. “I know…” She murmured in response, drying her hands before heading into the common area to mop up the floors.

Golden Gatekeeper

As Fiona finished wiping up the moisture leftover from mopping the floors, Frederick snuck up behind her with a broom in hand and a smirk upon his face. “Well, if you won’t listen to reason…” He said while he playfully swung the broom handle down upon his sister, only to be quickly blocked by the mop handle by his twin herself as she turned on the balls of her feet to face him. “…and what reason is that?” She cooed, a smirk soon forming on her own lips as she kicked her brother in the gut, jumping back a bit while he stumbled to gain his bearings.

“Oh, I don’t know…the fact that the rest of the house has been completed, and you just never know when we’re going to need the extra roo-” Frederick was cut off as he ducked a swing from Fiona’s mop handle. “Don’t you even go on about how we cou-eep!” She squeaked after being tripped up by her brother, rolling back before righting herself to block another swing from him. “We don’t have any guests at the moment, and I doubt that we’re suddenly going to get a bus full of people here in the next day or two!” She growled as the two struggled against each other…until a sharp snap was heard before the broom and mop handles broke.

Fiona gave Frederick another unpleasant glare. “We really need to stop breaking our cleaning tools…” She muttered as she bopped him over the head with one of the broken sticks. Frederick only laughed, ruffling her hair some before taking the mop and brooms out to the back. “Alright alright…I’ll see about getting us some proper ‘training’ tools while I’m at the market to replace these.” He suggested with a wink, which only made her roll her eyes and shake her head. “Yeah yeah yeah…whatever.” She snorted, retrieving the bucket she was using to pour out the now dirty water.

Golden Gatekeeper

The following morning, Frederick took his motorcycle out into town to pick up supplies, including replacements for the broom and mop. Fiona was left alone to tend the house, which she spent much of the lazy morning hanging up the laundry to dry out in the warm summer sun, and setting out a set of clean linen out upon the tables so she would have a little less dusting to do by the end of the day.

It looked like to be another quiet day, not that Fiona would complain; she preferred her brother to be around on the off chance that it did get busy. He was far better at conversing and entertaining the guests than she was. But one thing she was completely comfortable with, baking. Fiona loved to bake, and when the renovated one of the kitchens, she had it especially designed with the best equipment for baking comfortably without worrying if the heat from the ovens added to summer temperatures. And today she had brownies in mind. Tripling the recipe, she separated the batter so she could add a variety of nuts and extras all while having something more plain for with allergies or a dislike for anything other than the tasteful simplicity of a pure chocolate brownie.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gaia_star Souza and Mana gaia_star

It had been a long day for the two young ladies, just about the age of 21-22 but it's not like they'd tell, and finally a road had lead them to where they wanted to be. In a town, not far away, they heard of a nice inn that was close by. They said odd things about the house, yet neither of the girls would pay attention to the rumors. they needed a place to stay and, if lady luck was looking down on them, this place would be it. They two girls definitely looked alike, being the same size and body type, but what was most resembling was their faces. After all they were identical twins, yet they did have their differences. For instance, one had a very happy look on her face, blazing red hair that hung down loosely around her shoulders, and was dressed in a maroon wrap top with a tie around the waist and fitting black shorts that reached mid thigh. On the back of her top was an embroidered white butterfly and she wore no shoes, but did wear a pair of black, fingerless gauntlets. Oh, and her blue-green eyes? They had a cloudiness over her pupils - making her fully blind. The other, who had a more serious - or just lack of emotion - look to her face, had black hair pulled into mid-height pigtails with blunt bangs. She wore a light gray, long wrap top that reached her knees. Underneath were a hidden pair of shorts like her sister's and also a long sleeved, black top. Her shoes were simple slip-ons - also black - and on the back of her top was embroidered a black butterfly. Her eyes were not clouded, yet were the same blue-green and very alert.
"Alright, Mana! I can feel it just up ahead!" Announced her sister with red hair after she gave a stomp of her right foot. She gave a broad smile and hurried her pace, grabbing her sister's wrist to pull her along. "Hmm.." Sounded her sister, who couldn't much talk - she was mute after all - and willingly followed. They ran the rest of the way and up the porch. Souza, the fire-headed blind one, rapped on the door before her sister would reach for the knob to open the door for the both of them. "Hello? Is this Blank Slate Inn..?" Souza called out, not really hearing anyone in the establishment as they entered. Manna closed the door behind them and came up to her sister. She placed a hand on her shoulder and gave a quiet sound. Souza nodded, her smile still plastered on her face. "Alright Mana. I'll wait here." She said in a quieter voice, then Mana would start to walk into the main area in search of a person. She focused for a second and picked up electrical waves coming form behind the bar. "Hmmm-mmm." She would hum, letting Souza know she found someone with her talent. "Really? I was afraid no one was home!" Souza giggled some and walk forward to her sister and then with her over to the bar. Once close enough, Souza would tap the floor in front of her while closing her eyes - not like it made too much difference - in order to find exactly where this person might be with her own talent. "I think they're in the kitchen area... I guess we'll have to wait here." Souza said, her face becoming slightly pensive as her big smile dropped to a small, content one.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Golden Gatekeeper

The brownies had just finished cooling when Fiona heard the jingling of a bell in the corner of the kitchen…a warning system her brother designed to let the girl know when someone came through the main entrance. “Ah!” She quickly placed a variety of brownies on a serving plate while letting the rest cool on the counter before dashing out towards the front of the house…as in her baking kitchen was just behind the main kitchen. “Freddy?! Is that you?” She called out just before she passed through the door to find…that it indeed was not her brother.

Brown eyes widened at the sight of the twins, blinking for a moment before a nervous smile perked upon her face. “Ah! I’m sorry! I thought you were my brother.” She exclaimed, before stepping a ways forward to set the brownies down on the counter. “My name is Fiona, and how are the both of you? Oh! Um…welcome to the Blank Slate Inn, and…um…I’m glad to see that you’ve found your way in. Is there anything I can do for you…? Would either of you like a brownie? Fresh baked and…um…for the most part, allergy free…um…if you eat the ones without the nuts.” She continued on rather nervously.

Outside, the purr of the motorcycle could be heard pulling up to the side of the house, closest to the kitchen entrance so Frederick could unload the sidecar without having to go through so many rooms.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The twins looked the direction of the girl, obviously nervous and unprepared for visitors, and both raised their brows some with a puzzled look. "You have a brother?" Souza asked, her smile returning to her face as she stepped a little closer, turned the direction of the girl's voice. She gave a sniff too and grinned. "Are those fresh brownies?" She also asked before it was said, clasping her hands together in front of her. Mana watched her sister, then came up and set a hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze. "Oh! I'm sorry. um, yes, we're fine albeit very hungry. And thirsty!" She gave a small laugh, definitely being the more bubbly one of the pair. "Uh, the door was open, so we sort of let ourselves in.. Oh I'd love a brownie!" She said, making her way over to the plate then pausing to turn towards Fiona again. "Oh yeah, introductions. My name is Souza and this is my twin Mana. Don't bother with the 'but you don't look anything alike' comment - I couldn't tell you. You see I'm pretty blind." She said matter-o-factually with a small shrug. Her sister, Mana, would look at Fiona and try a small smile with a short bow, as if to say thanks for greeting them. "Hmm." Mana hummed and Souza stopped herself from grabbing a brownie again. "Oh right. Um, Mana can't talk - she's mute. But if you allow her to touch your skin she can sorta talk through electric waves. Is it really alright to have a brownie?" She asked almost with a pleading in her voice, excited to see her favorite sweet fresh backed just as she entered the inn. It was like they knew she was coming! Mana, on the other hand, waited and looked back and forth between the two in front of her.

(( And dinner calls! DX I'll be back soon! ))

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Don’t know if I’ll be here when you return, bed time and drowsy eyes will be upon me soon. ))

Fiona’s head tilted a bit as Souza introduced herself and Mana to her, her smile easing up a bit. “Well…your hair is a bit different, but your facial shapes are very similar. And…well…you wouldn’t be the only set of twins here. My brother is my twin as well.” She said…slowly feeling easy around the girls; it was probably a twin thing that struck such a familiar cord with her.

“But yes! Please…have a brownie! We’ve got plain brownies…and some with nuts, chocolate chips…do either of you have a preference? Would you like a glass of milk with them? Or…can you have milk? We’ve got substitutes…soy milk or almond milk…or juice…water…anything else you might prefer.” Fiona added, until she heard another bell jingling from the corner of the room, soon followed by a familiar voice. “Fiona! I’m home! Sorry I was gone so late, but they had a great deal on plums at the market. Thought you might like to make some pies and jam with them. And oh!” His head poking out from behind the kitchen door with a big goofy grin on his face. “I have a…” He pauses in mid sentence at the sight of the girls. “Well well! Looks like I’m not the only one with a surprise!” He stated as he came through the door and politely bowed towards the girls. “Good evening, ladies and welcome! I see Fiona brought out her award winning brownies for you to sample! Can I get you anything to drink with them…? Oh…in case she hasn’t said so already, my name is Frederick.” He added with another polite bow.

“Freddy! I was just asking them if they wanted something to drink.” She said with a mock pout as she punched him playfully on the shoulder. Once they were standing next to each other, it was easy to see just how strangely identical the brother and sister were to each other; a rather uncommon trait for a set of twins of differing genders. “This here is Souza, and her sister here is Mana. They were just telling me of Souza’s blindness and Mana’s muteness.” Fiona explained a bit briefly. “Ah…splendid…and twins to boot! See! I knew we’d get some company today!” He told his sister with a wink; she promptly stuck her tongue out at him…causing him to laugh some. “So ladies…? What will it be?”

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

(( Oh don't let me disrupt your sleep! ^^ ))

Souza was so happy that Fiona said that they could have brownies. "Thank you very much~!" Souza would say before grabbing a random brownie and munching on it. "MMM! These are great!" She would say in between a bite. Mana blinked and went over to the counter as well to grab a brownie and take a small bite. She smiled a soft smile and nodded her head in agreement. Mana looked over to Fiona once she offered drinks, her eyes widening some at the offer of milk. She then placed her hand on Souza's and gave a gentle squeeze. Some might have even called it telepathy if they didn't know better! Souza nodded and swallowed what she had in her mouth before talking again. "Milk please! It's Mana's favorite drink - she likes chocolate milk the best, but she don't say it." Souza laughed some, going back to the brownie she was eating. Mana looked flustered and pulled her hand away, looking only at her brownie now. That is, until a second person were to enter. Her eyes shot up again and watched as he walked in and introduced himself. Both ladies would nod as they were introduced and Souza just finished her brownie. "Milk. Chocolate for my sister, please. It's a pleasure to meet you, Fredrick! Or do you liek Freddy better?" She smiled sweetly. Mana gave a soft smile and slight bow back. Both still stood, they were used to being on their feet for long periods of time anyway. "I could tell you two were twins before you said anything - I bet Mana could have too. You have very similar vibrations and auras." Souza explained, with hand motions to the floor - to show how she felt the vibrations through her feet - and then around her head with her index fingers - to explain their auras.
"Hmm..." Was all that Mana made and her blue-green eyes would flick down to the man's hands. If looking close enough at her, it was like she knew he had something and was curious as to what it was. But how did she know? Well, it would be a wonder until asked - that was for sure! Yes, both of them seemed to have a little mystery to them and their ways.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( I wouldn’t have let ya. ^_^ Only those of the feline embodiment can really forgivably disturb me from my sleep. ))

“You’re welcome!” Fiona chimed, excited that someone…no, two people liked her brownies. She was never sure, since most people hesitated from anything that was ‘allergy free’…as they tend to believe that if it was free of the normal ingredients, then they couldn’t possibly taste all that good. But judging by Mana and Souza’s inhalation of them, then surely she could prove other people wrong…unless they were just starved from their travels.

“Milk and chocolate milk, coming up!” Frederick piped up, moving to one of the mini fridges beneath the bar and grabbed a couple of frosty cold glasses to pour the drinks in. He gently slid the milk glass towards the redhead, gently brushing it against her hand so she knew it was there (as he wasn’t sure if he could tell that it was there or not, and simply covered all bases) before sliding the glass of chocolate milk to Mana. “You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.” He quoted from the movie ‘Snatch’ in jest, complete with a wink and his usual charming smile. “Either name is fine, Fiona is used to calling me Freddy since Frederick was so hard for her to say when we were younger.” He explained.

“Speaking of which…” He said turning to his sister. “You said you had a surprise…?” Fiona said with a subtle tilt of her head as her smile grew small. Her brother soon pulled a charm necklace out of his pocket, the dark wooden piece had a beautiful swan carved into it. “Ooo!” She smiled warmly as she gazed down at it, cupping it in her hand as Frederick tied it around her neck. “Where did you get it?” “It was specially made, just for you by a kind gentleman at the Rustico Inn. I’d like to take you there sometime for dinner…if you think you could pull yourself away from your kitchen.” He said with a warm grin and a poke of her nose, which caused her to giggle some, before she turned to show…well, Mana the charm and describe it to Souza. “It’s a swan. It’s my favorite animal, because even though it starts out seemingly unattractive, it turns into something truly breathtaking the more time you spend with it.” She said wistfully.

“So…it’s true…huh? When someone doesn’t have full sensual abilities, like speech and sight…then other senses are heightened? And I imagine that with the two of you being twins, then it becomes even more extraordinary. I mean…due to the bonds…right?” Frederick asked, while he walked back and forth between the main room and the kitchen, gathering different supplies while he started to cook up dinner. “Are the two of you hungry…for something more than just brownies? I’m about to cook up some fish and pasta for me and Fiona…I’ll be happy to cook up a bit more for you ladies as well.” He thought to offer.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

(( Gah! I'm sorry for not seeing your post earlier >.< I got caught up in tutorials.. ))

Mana smiled faint as the other twins talked to each other. Then also gave a not and small hum of thanks when the milk was brought out. She finished her second brownie and sipped the sweet liquid. Inwardly she was glad her sister was so bold to tell Mana's favorite drink, or she would probably rarely get it. Her smile grew just a bit as Fredrick said that the two ladies could even call him Susan. Mana probably would if she could talk properly. Souza laughed a bit and gave a grin. "Susan it is then!" She said cheerfully, yet staring blankly out in front of her. It seemed the only part of here that showed little emotion was her eyes. They were almost stoic as her pink lips parted in grins and laughter, where as it was the opposite with Mana - her eyes showing the emotions while her mouth stated still. Mana looked at the charm, admiring the beauty of the stained wood and the beautiful Celtic carving on it. Souza 'ooh'ed as Fiona described it. "That sounds really nice. That man must have charged a lot for it." She would comment, pointing at the object without turning its way.
When the prompt came up about lost senses heightening others, both twins nodded in affirmation. "That's true. Because I can't see my sense of hearing and touch is much more vast than those who can. Mana's lost voice in turn raised her sense of smell and sight. But we also have help some some.. inborn abilities." Souza would say while turning on the balls of her feet and taking a few steps away. "You see, Mana can sense electric currents and signals - so she can tell if someone is there without seeing them. But can't tell where exactly. She can also send electric waves to a person by touching them! It tingles, but somehow she can 'talk' that way." Souza explained - clearly showing that she liked to talk about it - stretching her hands over he head together in a clasp. Mana nodded, giving a hum. The mute one then reach out to touch Fredrick's hand to demonstrate. A small tingle would set in and then he would sort of get the sense that she wanted her glass refilled sense it was now empty.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( No worries. ^_^ Tutorials for what? ))

Frederick chuckled at the idea of being called Susan, then shook his head when Souza suggested the charm being pricey. “I paid him well for his craft, but he didn’t have a set price for it. A truly generous man, from what I can tell.” Fiona’s eyes widened at the idea of the extra abilities, finding it truly neat…unique…and amazing. It left her a bit speechless. “Ah! Haha! That’s amazing!” Her brother exclaimed when he noted her request for more milk. “Fiona, could you pour Miss Mana some more milk while I get dinner off the stove?” He requested before giving a quick bow to their guests and slipped back into the kitchen.

Serving Mana’s second glass of chocolate milk, Fiona couldn’t help but to ask…”So…what brings you ladies here, then? We were beginning to think that the tourist traveling season was coming to the end…a few months too early.” “It’s true…the inn I visited today was having a dry spell as well.” Frederick said as he carried a tray of four plates out…each plate filled with pasta and steamed vegetables, topped with salmon and a light alfredo sauce. He served the ladies a plate each before giving Fiona one, along with a glass of lemonade…and then sitting down himself with a glass of water. “Bon Appetite!”

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

(( I was thinking of making myself a cute hooded caplet. :3 ))

Mana gave a slight bow of thanks and took a seat to drink her milk while waiting the food. "Hmmmm..." She sounded, smelling the food before it came out and happily digging into it before Souza could even get back to the table. Souza giggled some at the question. Not most people would recognize them - how they wanted it - and she loved to tell people what they did for a living. "We're performers!" She stated and then easily and smooth as water bent over backwards and lifted herself onto a handstand, than proceeded to walk forward to the bar just like that - and she didn't stagger one bit! "We don't have a home so we travel and earn money by preforming. I like exploring and meeting people and Mana likes to see new places." Souza explained before bending back the way she bent before and standing up on her feet. She was actually amused the other twins didn't catch what she left out. But Souza was used to it and figured it would only become apparent over time. "This smells really good!" She commented before taking a seat next to her sister and deeply inhaling the smell. "Yum!" Souza would exclaim before digging in, pausing only to grin in approval before eating again. Mana looked up and paused her eating. "Hmm-hm." She hummed to her sister and Souza would stop. "What is it?" She questioned before Mana would place her index finger on her sister's cheek. It seemed she was telling Souza that there was a spot on her chin, which Souza quickly whipped away. "U-uh, Mana's wondering how long this place as been open. And if we're the only guests." She asked the two.

Golden Gatekeeper

(( Oh cool! You’ll have to photograph it sometime. ^_^ I’d like to see it when it’s done! ))

“Oh wow!” Fiona perked up at Souza’s performance, clapping lightly at the brief show. “How exciting…to be so…um…confident around other people.” The girl said hesitantly, biting her lower lip some as her cheeks grew a bit warm with embarrassment, looking down at her place before she started to eat her dinner.

“That does sound pretty fantastic. As for this place…well…it was originally just a family home, a place where many generations of our family built and grew up. When we inherited it, we started renovations and opened it when we had the first wing ready. That’s had to be…a few years ago…and we’ve had guests come in here and there, but our last one left just a week or so ago…and you two lovely ladies are the first visitors we’ve had since.” Frederick admitted in between bites of fish and pasta.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff