Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Gatekeeper

Chloe glanced towards Barith as he placed his welling meaning hand on her shoulder, and gave a weak smile and nod. “Perhaps…”

She blinked for a moment, looking back and forth between the glow and Barith. When the dancing couple lingered around where the pixie was hiding, Chloe stood up as Briar walked over towards them. She briefly smiled her thanks for the small congratulations the pixie gave the girl. “Thank you…but…Miss Hailglimmer? I am sorry for the way I have behaved over the past few days. It was wrong of me to treat you so poorly…and to put you in harm’s way yesterday evening. I would not blame you if you never wanted to speak with me again, but please do not hide from me. I am in need of as many friends I can get.” She said, solemnly and true, her amber eyes gazed with the utmost honesty.

Golden Gatekeeper

With all the distractions and how late it was getting into the night, most of the vampires had their fill, and the Donors were able to take another break to recuperate. If Claire so chose to get a drink from Peter, he would be fully refreshed and willing to satiate her thirst. In the meantime, the five of them were chatting it up among themselves, and even started a mini-food-fight with some of their snacks.

(( And with that, I must skadoodle for the night. Thanks for RPing, everyone! ^_^ See you again later! ))

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

"Power comes with age, and practice little Sidhe, and while I seem young in a linear perspective I am old as some of the older sidhe." Barith said softly standing slowly to his feet he smiled at the two woman moving with a kind of rough elegance around them. "She is only getting started you friends of her should stay close as will I I think."

Barith smiled raising a hand to open a short range portal the sound of the ball filling the air again. "You two talk it out I'm going to bother the lady unicorn I think." He smiled at the two his eyes glowing softly with power and that agelessness again as he stepping onto the dance floor through the portal closing it behind him. He kept his mask off much to the surprise of many there as he made his way through the dancers. "Now where is she." He said softly chuckling as he danced around the couples singing old Celtic yule songs as he did..

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Rowan looked back at his grandmother, hurt in his eyes as he heard that she knew of his mistake. His shoulders slumped and he looked down at his feet, as if wondering why they were stuck to the floor.
"I know..." he whispered, annoyed and yet feeling guilty all over again, like he had when he first arrived here. He clenched his fists at his sides and sighed deeply before moving on. His horn shone a bit, and his eyes glowed. People all around his keeled as he walked by, just making the leocorn more and more uncomfortable.
He quickened his steps, practically running out the door to the hallway and scattering to his room. His heart pounded as he opened his door and inside shone a green light, a lady's fine voice echoing in the air.
"You must learn... You must learn..." it repeated now and then. Rowan fell to his knees by his bedside, making sure to shut the door this time as he tore off his shoes and most of his suit. He sighed a shaky breath, clutching the box that was burst open, the mirror shard laying on the silk interior.
Rowan picked up the shard and held it tight in his hands that became beastly in the green light. He didn't even care if he was getting cut and started to bleed. Fury shone in his golden eyes as he growled loudly with an anger as hot as dragon fire.
"What must i learn!?" he roared out in anger and confusion, making the lady's voice stop finally and the green light to die out in his hand.
There Rowan would fall asleep, gripping the mirror shard and laying his head on the side of his bed. Lost and frustrated, the leocorn named Rowan would have nightmares of demons tonight.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( thank you all for RPing with us! I hope you had a Mery Christmas and Yule even! ^_^ ))

Briar nodded to the mage as he spoke, having no objections to what he said. He didn't really feel old or young to her, he just existed - oddly enough, like many fae. She smiled politely back at him as he took his leave, waving a short goodbye. "Take care, mage." She said in parting, her glowing starting to die down a bit after he was gone. She inwardly sighed, about to take leave herself until Chloe spoke.
An apology? Briar furrowed her brows and tilted her head. "M'lady, why do you say sorry to someone like me - a pixie? Do you not know that trouble follows us?" She spoke seriously for once, a little aggravated that Chloe was even saying such things. Really, after all that just happened to her, she wanted to stay friend with Briar? It was almost like mockery to the pixie.
"What happened, happened, and it was of my own accord that I got hurt in any way. Had I known, I would have stayed out of the spats between you and Rowan." Briar put her hands down now, turning her back to Chloe as she started towards the tree again, transforming as she walked. It didn't take long for the smoke to clear, revealing a glowing blue pixie, frowning.
"You will not need many friends, Chloe. Only a handful that you trust with your life." Briar told her while floating at halfway distance between the tree and Chloe. "Don't feel bad for who you are either. Take it and run with it! It's all you can do..."
The pixie shrugged and finally flew off, without waiting a word from Chloe. She soon flew to her hit and pulled over the big leaf that acted as the door, a subtly blue glow emanating from behind it.
It's not that Briar did not want to be Chloe's friend, it was just she thought she'd be better off to have other ones - maybe even more powerful ones like the mage. Pixies were chaotic good creatures, trouble followed them and their magic could be uncontrollable at times. Briar cared for her friends, and seeing all that she did... well, she would think on what to do for a day or two. But it was hard when all she seemed to do failed. Maybe it was time to go home?

Golden Gatekeeper

(( I do not know when I will be back to post again today. ^_^ Today is a very special day for me, with many things to do! ))

The Silver Lady glimmered to and thro as she danced from partner to partner. If Barith timed it right, he might smoothly interject into the dance as she was passed from one partner to the next.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“What if you were one of the few of whom I chose to trust…?” Chloe had trusted her to heal her…to attempt to remove a spell that simply backfired on them once before. Trouble might follow a pixie…but that didn’t mean that a pixie wouldn’t make a good friend. But Briar wouldn’t allow the leocorness to argue these points, and she didn’t dare to raise her voice for all to hear. If the pixie so chose not to want to speak with her, then Chloe would respect her wishes.

With that, the girl would bow respectively towards the hut and wish silently wished the pixie good night. But before she retired to her room, she would make up a small snowman at the base of the tree. As she walked to her room, she paused at the sound of the heated growling that came from Rowan’s room…feeling how it caused the air to tremble. She still had yet to apologize to him…and yet…she knew deep down in her gut that now would not be a good time.

Upon entering her room, she found the coin that the mage had given her. A part of her wanted to test to see just how it worked…but Chloe didn’t want to intrude upon his time. Instead, she pulled out a small box she kept just a few keepsakes in, and placed the coin within it. With her mind as troubled as it was, the girl would venture out of her room and make her way up to the second floor. She idly explored the halls, admiring the craftsmanship Cerynitis had put into them, and noted the bar that was currently closed for business. Chloe wasn’t one for drinking, as she really never had the time to earlier on in her life. From there, she found her way to the library.

Pulling out a thick book with leather binding, she was pleased to find that it was a storybook…describing tales of time gone by in some realm unknown to the leocorness. There as so much she had to learn, so much she had to do…how much of her old life would she have to leave behind…?

Curled up on a couch that was warmed by one of the fireplaces, Chloe would lose herself in the old tales…comforted by their majestic wonders and subtle morals. When enough time had passed, she would eventually fall asleep…curled up with her shawl draped around her with a thick, open book as her pillow.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith frowned for a moment watching the lady in silver for several moments as she danced. Her elegance was quite something though he had seen it once before in his travels so it didn't floor him. He hummed softly and stepped forward taking the place of a partner. "Well well lady unicorn." He said simply those deep blue eyes on the lady in silver as he changed the rythem of the dance into a waltz.

"You have caused quite a stirring for some of those within this relm including a young human girl." Barith's words were carefully neutral as he danced with the royal unicorn. His face was however bare to all at the dance showing he cared little for such masks. "I would have thought beings as wise as tha' unicorns would have thought things over a bit more then the sidhe." He said it softly, and simply no hate in his words, or malice just what seemed like simple curiosity.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
(( Wasn't going to post, but I had an idea! ))

Briar was not yet asleep after entering her hut, and hear Chloe mutter her little plea. The pixie as well felt a tad bad for brushing off her friend, but Briar was also a tad different than other pixies and did not relish in causing misfortune. She frowned and peeked out, looking at the snowman Chloe made.
In a flash of blue, the pixie went out of her hut and floated in front of the snowman, giving a soft smile. "I'd like to be a trusted friend.." She whispered to herself touching the cold snow. Like she thought before, she didn't want to cause anymore harm to the leocorns and thought perhaps leaving the Blank Slate soon was a good option. There was still time to think about it, however.
With the thought of perhaps giving friendship with the leocorn a try, Briar used her magic, humming some made-up tune as the snow fell, and crafted another snowman. Though, this on was tiny and sat on the other's head, with little leaves tucked in it's back as wings. She made both snowmen smile with some twigs, then fluttered back to admire her handiwork.
After a moment longer, Briar would return to her hut, though leaving the leaf to the side so she could sit at the doorway and watch the skies.

Rowan would awake in a start, heavily breathing and damp with night-sweat. He looked down at his hand, bestial and bloody from clenching the mirror shard. He shakily put it away and licked his wounds clean, his bestial transformation reverting again.
He stood, changed pants to loung wear, and there on a dark thermal top before exiting his room. He had such strange dreams, he didn't understand. They seemed like memories, but he never recalled them until now. Had he forgotten his days as a cub?
He saw his grandmother, he saw himself going around and literally biting ankles, his father pulling him back with a deep laugh.
Then he saw demons, black and twisted, causing decay to the land they stood on and striking his father as Rowan was carried of in his arms.
He took a moment to calm himself in the hallways before wandering around. He, unknowingly, seemed to have followed the same path as Chloe. First, he stopped at the bar, remembering the donors he met earlier with his hands shoved in his pockets. Rowan's tail twitched as he smelled something sweet, but brushed it off.
Next, he made his way to the library, a bit after Chloe was sleeping, and picked up the same book he usually did - The Spirit Wilds. It was even more familiar to him now, and a vision of his father reading it to him flashed in his mind. Rowan's horn began to glow in the dully lit library, enabling him to spy Chloe sleeping on the couch.
With the book in his hand and a inward sigh, he walked over and adjusted her shall to better cover her up. Rowan then took a seat himself on the same couch and opened his book, running his hands over the page that described the Unicorns. Was that really his grandmother?
He looked troubled sitting there, and soon allowed himself to rest once again in the library.

Golden Gatekeeper

“It was not I that caused the stirring for the young girl, My Lord…” The Lady Unicorn corrected the mage with a kind and respectful smile. “…but a Leopard, the uncle of her father who brought her to our attention. And while normally we would leave such things well enough alone so that they would find their own course, these two children have been torn from their respective realms. We never thought to find them here of all places, but once the Leopard brought the girl to our attention and her grandfather saw my grandson in her recent memories, we knew we had to step in…even if we could not do so more discreetly. You must understand, Master Mage…once tonight is over, the Veils of our Realms will close again, and most of us will not be able to reach or protect these children until they have the ability to return to us on their own. Now that they know of who they are, they are a step closer to reaching that goal.”

(( ^_^ D’aw, Dizzy! heart OK! Now I’m off! ~hugs and misses~ ))

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
          ╒═ ℭℓαir═╪
          About me| What I'm wearing| Mood: Entertained.
          Talk to me tenderly, tell me lies;
          I am a woman and time flies.
                        ╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪

Claire got side tracked as she entertained some of the people at the ball with card tricks and fortune telling. Most of them very simple to her and still somehow able to amuse a small crowd. Their expressions of awe, surprise and wonder were delightful to her in a way. After a while, she retired and reached where the donors sat. Now starting to look tired and a bit pale she looked at Peter whom she would've recognized from scent alone from their talk earlier in the day.

Smiling sweetly she leaned close to him and then reached to get a bit of food out of his hair with a light giggle. " Long night huh? "She asked him softly as sapphire eyes gazed at him from behind her mask.

⇚╪══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
It’s much easier to humiliate, degrade and just generally s**t all over someone than it is to admit that you love them.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith nodded slowly as he listened to the lady in silver as they danced across the floor. "The veil may close for most of you, but I can still make my way into the realms of both those races." He said simply his tone the even sound of one simply stating a fact, and not really trying to impress. "My concern for the girl is that I have been in a very similar situation ta her once upon a time."

Barith spoke simply as always as they danced ignoring those around them, and yet he didn't bump into a one. "Though now I suppose the opposite is true now. I'm no longer entirely sure just what I am." He chuckled softly he spoke the truth he knew what his title was, and had been. "If it will make you feel better I will watch over the two when I can perhaps give them guidance if they will accept it." He smiled softly at the lady again as he wen silent taking a moment to actually enjoy the dance around them.

Golden Gatekeeper

“A very long night indeed, miss!” Peter said with a chuckle, brushing some other bits of food from his uniform and straightening up some when Claire came over. The rest of the donors calmed down as well, as they didn’t want to offend any of the other guests…especially since one decided to draw near. “But a most entertaining one, wouldn’t you agree?” He inquired in idle conversation. “But I do believe I spied you dancing about earlier. Sure you must be parched!” He mentioned as he tilted his head to expose his neck and kept his wrists still, if she was indeed there to partake in the drink.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Lady of the Unicorns watched and listened, allowing him to lead as they continued to dance and discuss the matter at hand. “I see…” She said thoughtfully, her tone quiet. “There are many that have offered such services before, and while I understand that you might have followed a similar path to the young girl, how do we know we can trust that you will not in turn attempt to harm them both?” Her words were honest in their intent, without malice or mistrust…just a simple question any good parent would ask when it came to the well-being of their child. “I mean no disrespect, Master Mage…but leocorns are perhaps the rarest of creatures in our realms. Surely you understand why we must be so precautious about their protection.”

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
          ╒═ ℭℓαir═╪
          About me| What I'm wearing| Mood: Entertained.
          Talk to me tenderly, tell me lies;
          I am a woman and time flies.
                        ╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪

Claire smiled gently at Peter and gave a nod in agreement. " A bit yes." When he exposed his neck she glanced at it blankly for a bit in silence. Gently, she got closer until she was nearly nuzzling his neck, her hans reaching to his shirt to undo a button or two. There was something about biting in a place vampires normally bit that made her uncomfortable so she moved the cloth out of the way and gently bit down on his chest, right under his left shoulder. The perks of being only half vampire included that you could go longer without feeding on blood, but it had been a while for her. Even so, it wasn't long until she was satisfied and pulled back.

(( Block e____e ))

⇚╪══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
It’s much easier to humiliate, degrade and just generally s**t all over someone than it is to admit that you love them.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

"We plains-walker are watchers, and protectors of those who are rare, and few between." Barith said with a soft chuckle as they danced his gaze still on the unicorn. "However I can't do much to make you trust me much like how you can't really stop me from watching over them." His words were the simple truth of such thing as he spun the lady carefully.

"Though I think you should fear the queens of the Sidhe more then most they don't like things rivaling their power." Barith said simply his gaze turning to some of those gathered about, and dancing. "I see some of the sidhe here in this ball room watching all those here." He frowned gently power flowing around him as he seemed to think something over. "I have tricked the Lady of the Winter Court once before if they make a move I will interfere again no matter who they are after."

Golden Gatekeeper

“Um…miss!” Before Claire could even get a bite in, Peter was already pulling away so that he could close up his uniform. “My apologies miss, but our uniform is made to expose the respective parts where vampires are allowed to feed off of us Donors. We are not here for your more intimate pleasures, and undressing us goes against our protocols. In short, I could sue you and my company for sexual harassment. If you are not comfortable in biting where another vampire has already marked me, then please choose any of the cleaner areas that are already exposed, for example my arm. But please do not attempt to undress me again.” He warned her, looking most upset about the situation.

Winnie leaned in and placed a comforting hand on Claire’s shoulder. “We mean no disrespect, ma’am. But it’s for our own physical and emotional safety that we have these Donor Regulations. Long before we were unionized, vampires took us for granted and often treated us like slaves. So we do what we can to make sure that we aren’t tricked into that scenario again.” She explained kindly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Silver Lady closed her eyes in thought after Barith said his piece, and slowly breathed in his magic to get a better understanding of the mage. A light glimmered from behind her mask as she searched through the memories of his power, much like the Lord of the Dark Unicorns did with Chloe when she was brought to his attention. It was after he tenderly dipped her that she opened her eyes again, and the glow fade from behind her mask. “There is much of what you say is true, but there are also many conflictions in your words and suggestions. We are allied with but a few clans of the Sidhe Courts, but not with the entire courts. However, you probably already aware that treaties are often broken over some of the absurd whims. We do our best to keep our word up until others’ actions force our hands.”

Her voice was ever calm and her words were spoken with the utmost respect and honesty. The Lady of the Light Unicorns was never one for dishonest tactics or harsh demeanors. “But I see that you mean well, and your intentions towards the young girl are honest and not impure. As we cannot stop you from watching over our two children, then we have one request of you. If you would be so kind as to send us regular reports on how both of the leocorns are doing, we would be most appreciative of your help.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff