Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DizzyThoughts

╒═ ℭℓαir═╪
          About me| What I'm wearing| Mood: Entertained.
          Talk to me tenderly, tell me lies;
          I am a woman and time flies.
                        ╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪

Claire couldn't help but chuckle lightly at his response, quickly adding. " There isn't much that impresses me nowadays in any case." They continued dancing until they bumped into another couple. Not so good a dancer after all huh? She turned as well towards the other two, a bit ashamed that she hadn't prevented her dancing partner from bumping into them, though before she could say anything he was apologizing so she remained silent. Then the woman spoke about how she had overheard their conversation as she was utterly ignored, not that the dhampir minded. If anything, she preferred going unnoticed. Though she listened. Particularly to the bit when she mentioned Rowan's blood was not so pure. Was she implying something by this? Being a hybrid herself Claire despised remarks like these. What the hell did that have to do with anything? He was of the leo bloodline and skilled at dancing, the rest was just... the way she had blatantly pointed it out was just inconceivable. It irked her.

Though, despite her anger she maintained a blank expression. Anyone capable to sense aura's would be terrified of her at this moment. And yet, she looked up at Rowan whose grip tightened on her, the hand that rested on his shoulder rubbed it slightly as if to comfort him. He was looking a bit off. She looked into his golden eyes as if searching for the answers to the un asked questions before her hand reached up slowly, barely touching his cheek. " Hey..." She spoke softly then pouting childishly. " I'm bored of this, let's get some fresh air." She demanded in a bit of a childish tone.

⇚╪══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
It’s much easier to humiliate, degrade and just generally s**t all over someone than it is to admit that you love them.

Golden Gatekeeper

Chloe’s amber eyes floated with the series of smoke rings, watching how the snowflakes either fell through their centers, or collided with the smoke…breaking up the wisps of smoke. When her eyes returned to gaze upon the mage, they would widen at the power that danced about his hand. She gulped as she was reminded that there was still so much she had to learn about herself and her abilities…which would hopefully explain why Briar’s powers tended to have such a negative effect on her, and yet Cerynitis’ magical paintings didn’t.

Her gaze would then lower even more as she gazed upon the ring on her finger, the gem shimmering in the lamplight. Chloe wondered if it was not only allowing her to return to the form she was most comfortable with, but also stabilizing the power she knew nothing on how to control. So many questions that had yet to be answered…and so many answered she feared she might already know. “Does that mean that the magic of a creature is limited in comparison to that of someone who isn’t born with it?”

She then thought she saw some kind of movement out of the corner of her eyes…but the shadows from the snowflakes and the building and trees could have very well been playing tricks with the lamp and starlight. Chloe took a quick glance, but just missed the pixie hiding behind the tree.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just as Claire suggested getting a bit of fresh air in the attempts of comforting the leocorn, the Lady in Silver from the evening’s earlier events would tenderly place her hands upon the couple’s shoulders, smiling gently. “Pay the Lady of the Leo’s no mind to her comments. She is simply upset that she hasn’t been given the same respect as she normally receives in court.” She would say in a kind tone, smoothly with a bit of a smirk on her lips. “That, and she is jealous that she doesn’t have the honor of being descended from a unicorn…such as this fine young gentleman here. Are you his life’s partner? Has he told you that tonight he would be meeting his dear old grandmother?” She gave a sly smile before affectionately ruffling his hair…which was an odd sight to see, considering how regal both she and Rowan tended to look. “Would you like to see pictures of him when he was a cub? I keep them fondly close to my heart, as any good grandmother would do of all of her children’s children.” She said as she started to pull a locket out from the crevasse of her bosom.

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith nodded slowly as he drew a long pull on his pipe his eyes moving to the movement Chloe had just missed. His blue eyes stayed where he was staring obviously the glow there strong as ever. The mage could obviously sense the pixie hiding somewhere nearby, but did not tell the woman beside him, He instead just kept his gaze there taking another long pull on his pipe wanting the pixie to listen.

"That is correct as a being that wasn't fully magical I was born with a chance to channel the arcane the pure magic that most others are formed of." Barith said softly glancing over at Chloe his deep blue eyes soft. "When I first started learning I got very sick after channeling too much power, but after I got some practice I could channel more, and more." He smiled softly tapping down the tabac in the pipe bowl.

"Practice helps many a thing lass including helpin' you apologize those ya wronged." Barith smiled around the pipe stem as he reached into the air, and flicked his wrist gently sending several images of couples dancing into the sky. "I'm nae sure what ya did lass that is weighin' ya down but if'n yer sorry I'm sure ye will be forgiven."

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
-edited-

Rowan sighed, thinking he might finally breathe when Claire brought him back to his senses. His grip loosened and he took his hands form her while clearing his throat.
"I think I knew her..." he said, his golden eyes looking very confused and he finally removed his mask. It was beginning to bug him anyway.
Now that the mask was gone, it was plain to see how handsome he really was, with a strong jaw, and hard eyes, and oh! There really was a silver horn jutting from his forehead! Rowan passed the mask off to a servant passing by.
The leocorn opened his mouth as he removed Claire's hands from his cheeks, about to agree on her idea, just when another hand would stop him about his shoulder! His eyes widened as he saw the Silver Woman and his jaw hung open. He was again rendered mute!
His tail swished behind him as his grandmother began to talk of Claire being his life-mate, and baby cub pictures! He instinctively grabbed her hand, that was holding the locket, just as it was brought out. His eyes staring right at her with a look of 'don't you dare' written all over his pale face! He as well fixed his ruffled hair, and his Leo-like ears twitched.
But then, Rowan furrowed his brows and released it, stepping back a few steps, staring unsure of it all, fearful even! He looked to Claire quickly and then with a shaky hand pointed to the Silver Lady, then to himself. "...Grandmother...?" he questioned, his voice gruff and deep, but with a more irritate tone - a usual to anyone who knew him before the ball. His head felt light and he shook it to clear his thoughts.
"No.. No, wait! How! My father.. he.. he wan't a unicorn.." He muttered, not sure what to make of it all, as his head was now feeling lighter from the confusion.
He looked beyond the Silver Lady, seeing the Lady Leo who now took off her mask as well. Their facial features were so similar... "..Aunite...?" He whispered out, some far off and hazy memory returning to him. She smiled warmly at him and gave a short wave to the young leocorn. "Hi, Sweetie!" She called out.
Again, Rowan's golden gaze landed on his grandmother, his shoulders stiffening and his ears flattening.
He quickly narrowed his eyes and looked at the Unicorn hard. "You. You're lying aren't you? This is a plot by Cerynitis, that damned creature. Get away from me." He muttered darkly, wanting to believe it all but knowing this was just too sudden, too good even, to be true! Anyone who had known him before the ball would see the usual Rowan, a heart of stone.
Other on-lookers oohed and ahhed at his revealing - not as flashy as Chloe, but he.. He was the joining of the two great Royals! A link between the oldest of magical powers!
Even the music stopped.

Golden Gatekeeper

Chloe’s eyes would lower in thought, nodding idly at his description of the effects the power had on him when he was first learning how to channel it…and how things got better with practice. She raise a brow as her eyes rose to meet his when he used that reference to practice to segue into the reference towards apologizing…and further thoughts caused her to close her eyes with a silent sigh. “I hope you are right, good sir.”

When she opened them again, images of couples dancing floated about…causing a small smile to form on her lips. She leaned on the back of the bench some…or at least more so than she had since she sat down. “I used to dream of dancing…of attending a ball when I was younger. They always made them look so extravagant in the movies. When I first came here, I even learned how to dance…just in case that someday I would meet someone who might want to invite me. This evening was almost a dream come true…” She shook her head again, but her timid smile didn’t waver. “…so did not expect it to turn out the way it had.” She added with a light chuckle, which turned into a light cough. “When your master found you…were you…happy or excited to learn from him?”

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith frowned thinking back to when his master had found him among that village of Celts. "I was angry if I remember correctly." He said softly blowing a few smoke rings up among the dancers. "I was nearly a man of the tribe I had my name, and my weapon in hand. Then along came this strange man in strange robes who told me I was different then me clansmen."

Barith's smile was one of wry amusement the kind that came with looking back on a memory once you grew more wise. "I was a fool then I thought it meant I would have to give up all I knew that I would become something less." he smiled at the young woman the dancers still moving across the sky. "Since then lass I have seen so much that I am forever grateful yet at my core I didn't change I was simply tempered. It will be the same fer ye I think it will only make you stronger. Ya just have to remember to keep yer friends close lass, and if ya ever need an ear I'll lend ya one the coin will call me."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DizzyThoughts

╒═ ℭℓαir═╪

The dhampir watched as the man let go of her and soon after went about removing his mask, revealing his gorgeous face,, starring for a bit and giving a nod to what he had previously said.

Just as she was about to lead the shocked man out a woman approached them. Claire nearly snapped at her, after what she had witnessed with the other woman previously, though this other woman's aura put her at ease. At first she argued mentally. What the hell did they care if that stupid woman wasn't respected? How was that their problem? Thought she soon forgot about that when the woman in silver said the next thing. She blinked, her expression still blank. He was.. he had unicorn blood? When the woman suggested they were partners she was even more surprised that anyone would think so. She just sort of looked curiously at the two for a bit. Then instinctively taking a step back. Whatever this family reunion was, she felt it didn't concern her. She looked around as someone looking for an excuse to leave before she got caught up in something she didn't want to be involved with.

It’s much easier to humiliate, degrade and just generally s**t all over someone than it is to admit that you love them.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Briar was relieved to make it to the tree without being seen, or at least so she thought. She made her way through the tall lavender, resting her back on the great tree with a silent sigh. Both hand son her heart, Briar listened in to the mage. She found his voice soothing, his accent reminiscent of a farmer she once knew so long ago...
Briar smiled lightly, looking up to see the stars through some drifting clouds. Her pale, blue locks cascading down her bare shoulders and over the purple wrap-dress she wore to the ball. She felt so at peace out here, such a drastic change from the air of the ballroom.
Though, without first noticing it, Briar's skin started to glow blue - much like when she was in flight in her normal form! The light shining from her caught her attention and she gasped lightly, but then clasped her hands over her mouth to keep herself quiet! The magic presence of the mage, as well the realm veils parted, must have given her mana connection a boot and it was showing! It was reasons like this the fae never ventured far on solstices or full moons - it was near impossible to hide your form!
Briar looked left, but she couldn't go that way for fear she'd be seen. Then she looked right, but she knew she'd be seen that way too! And if she transformed, she'd surely be seen because of the smoke! She huffed and brought her hands away from her mouth, though holding them up some she could see the glow radiating from her.
Though in mortal form, it was a dull light, she still was illuminating the flowers around her, and now the lighting bugs were beginning to dance about her too!
"No no, you'll give me away!" she quietly tried to disperse the bugs, but they persisted - and then a lone nightingale started to sing!
Briar then just hung her head with a sigh, her back still pressed against the tree.
She then decided on going left and peered around the side of the tree, crouching a bit so that she might be hidden by some lavender sprigs.

Golden Gatekeeper

Looking at the ‘Don’t you Dare’ expression on Rowan’s face simply made the Lady in Silver giggle from behind her mask. “You’re father wasn’t a unicorn, but your mother…my daughter…was. Just as I am.” She said smoothly as she pulled her mask off…a horn of pure white gleaming into sight as the woman gazed upon Rowan with warm, nurturing eyes. Her face was as slender as her form, perfectly symmetrical in every way. “While The Shi is known for having a bit of fun at other’s expense, I am not a part of such schemes. And I would never lie to the child of my own child, dear boy.” But she made no effort to step towards him, knowing that he was either going to run or attack…neither of which she wanted to provoke. “But you have confirmed what I already knew…that you are our lost prince….” She then glanced over towards Claire, giving her a warm and welcoming smile. “…and perhaps his bride to be?” She teased with a wink, seeing the look of unease on the girl’s face.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Lady Leo as well moved forward, her servants just a pace behind her. "My my, hasn't he grown? I wish I was there in person to see him as a cub, but my brother.." She sighed, shaking her head, "he didn't want to take baby Rowan between Veils." She giggled some at his expressions and looked at the Silver Lady briefly. "What I mean before was just that. You're half-and-half, dear. While Leos don't like a dance, Unicorns do." She shrugged, giggling again at Rowan's funny look of confusion and yet understanding.
He then blinked a few times, opening his mouth to say something, then halting. He looked again to Claire and nodded to her, a forced smile on his lips. "Please go. This.. you wouldn't want to be into this." he told her, his regular stony expression returning as he stared a moment longer at her, though obviously warning her for her own safety.
The Lady Leo have him a short bow and one of her servants brought forth a small, oval mirror. "Of you would ever like to talk..." She said calmly, waiting a moment at Rowan hesitantly took it, then turning to leave. She did not with to provoke her nephew, she she sensed might happen. The Leo as well have a polite smile and nod to the Unicorn before going, her servants close behind.
Rowan looked at it, the mirror was golden and reflected only his own shocked face. He looked up to see his grandmother again, feeling a bit at ease with her. "Prince..." he mumbled, sorting it out in his mind. He knew he was a prince, but a Royal like this? Hah! Rowan scoffed. "I'm not your prince. My kingdom is my Wilds, not a damned court or castle. If you are who you say you are, then tell me the way back to Nim. If you can't, then you're no use to me." He growled, clutching the mirror with half a mid to throw it at the ground. His tail whipped furiously behind him, and the crowds gossiped and gasped at his statement to the Royal Unicorn.
"I'm leaving." He decided after a quiet moment, walking near Claire and passing her, though he paused to look back at her a moment before continuing on.

Golden Gatekeeper

“But you still needed to find a wife…and…well…I do not know how the Celts of Ireland handle dating and marriages…but perhaps your master found you something better. I mean…not that I have ever been on a date before, but the various scenarios I have read about makes the whole ordeal so…horrifying!” Chloe started to ramble, as this was a topic she clearly wasn’t experienced in talking about. “Though I imagine something about it gets better when people decide to get married. Then again…some marriages completely and utterly fail all together! Leading up to divorce, or worst…murder!” Always thinking the worst case scenario? “No…while you might have been angry, I think I would have been relieved! I would have considered it a rescue from something that could have ended far worst!” She said, before coughing again and tugging her shawls about her shoulders some more.

Maybe giving Chloe a calling coin wasn’t such a good idea, after that little spazz attack! However, she did calm down and a small smile returned to her face. “Thank you.” She then paused, looking a bit confused. “How would I use that coin to call you? I cannot say I have ever seen a payphone around here…” She lingered on the word for a moment, hearing the nightingale sing. She looked over and saw some glowing and lightning bug activity going on near the pixie tree, among the lavender sprigs, which caused the girl to tilt her head some and call out. “Miss Hailglimmer? Are you there?”

Conservative Regular

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Barith Shadewalker
The Wandering Mage

Barith chuckled softly as the young woman went on a spastic rant about how he may have found something better. "Not too sure I did. I would have had a time, and plane to call home I think in time I wouldn't mind getting married lass." He smiled softly placing one hand on her shoulder. "But that is not something ya need ta worry about lass it will come for ye in time, as for the coin just hold it to yer lips, and speak."

Barith smiled his attention diverting once more to the glow, and the pixie it meant was there. "Aye I spotted her some time ago when she thought she had passed us scott free." He flicked his hand sending one of the dancing figures to the tree. "Come join us litte sidhe, and speak with us fer a time donae forget yer cloths either." He said with a wry chuckle as he tapped out his pipe. "I know how yer kind like ta dance under tha moon."

Golden Gatekeeper

The Lady Unicorn would give the same regal bow and gestures to the Lady Leo before addressing Rowan again. “Tonight would be the perfect night to return to Nim…and their Wilds would rightfully be your domain to claim. And keep in mind, dear child…we do not always spend our time in the courts, for we are all born of the land, sea, air, and flame.” She explained as he started to leave. “However…Nim will not allow you to return in the state you’re in, and do not mean this humanoid form you have taken. You have done wrong by the Wilds…and have yet to prove your worth and gain forgiveness from the Nature of the Land itself.” She explained before making her final statement to her grandson. “Our lost Prince and Princess have much to learn from each other, about who they are and how they can be redeemed their past grievances.” She then placed her mask back upon her face, her horn disappearing…and with just a couple of steps, she disappeared among the dancers.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Briar's cheeks puffed as she raised out of the lavender, her skin a soft, blue glow as she stepped around the tree. She let go of the air in her cheeks and her lips turned to a pout. Her head was lowered some and her hands were brought in front of her as she lightly walked through the flowers, following the dancing figure the mage sent. They bent to her, making a path naturally as Briar made her way, the lightning bugs dancing in line behind her.
"Oi, don't be giving away my secrets." She huffed to the man, though playfully. In her mind, she was cursing herself for not being more careful. Had she lost her touch? Though, she didn't know how long she had been glowing either, so it might have been easy to spot her.
She was a bit itching to go to her normal form, but for now she thought to stay in mortal size. After a moment she was standing before them, though not too close. It seemed the grass curled itself around her bare feet. "Hello." She softly smiled, tilting her head some. "You're quite the powerful one, I feel.. and see." Briar giggled some, watching some of the figures about her before landing her eyes on the two. Tiny bells could be heard on the cold breeze as she spoke and laughed.
"And so are you now, Chloe.. I'm glad for you." Briar nodded to the girl, almost feeling like she should kneel. Her eyes seemed to advert from them, though, glowing and watching what was around her more than them.
"Tis a nice night to be out in the garden. I tried not to intrude, but you see.." She paused, motionion to the great tree and brushing a firefly off her nose, "my room is there.."

Frufire's Wife

Magic Bard

18,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
DizzyThoughts

╒═ ℭℓαir═╪

The woman in silver teased her further before Rowan told her to leave, Which was precisely the excuse she needed, and she didn't plan on wasting time and started to walk away holding her head. She needed a drink asap. Perhaps even a visit to the donors. With any luck she would tease that one she had met earlier. Peter was it?

Soon however she heard the sound of shattering glass, and not long after Rowan passed her looking distressed only to hear the last words the lady in silver said to him. She just didn't have any luck. Just when she was starting to have fun , how annoying.

Reaching the drinks table she took two cups of whatever was at her reach and downed one all at once. Should've have gotten drunk in your underwear and stayed in your room. She told herself mentally with a bit of a sight, She had thought about going after her previous companion, but with whatever he was dealing with it just didn't seem appropriate. And then with what his grandmother had said. As if she would marry a man she had just met. Or any man. No. Her lifestyle simply didn't allow any man or woman or anyone. Whenever she tried it had ended badly anyways. With this in mind she brought a hand to her chest as she thought back with a bit of a heartache.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff