Welcome to Gaia! ::

Truest Valor
0 P a n d a - C h a n 0

While the forest-girl made her way over, Canaan totally dissed all of her treasure. To be honest, Ashley had seen it coming. You can't just leave opened bottles of anything out in the open and expect it to be good after years of dormancy. He tossed her the tequila, and she laughed.

"Damn, thought I had done better than that!"

The other woman arrived with her squirrel friend, which apparently they weren't going to be eating, and also a basket of berries, which she also wasn't so sure they were going to be eating, or if they were for the squirrel. She questioned Canaan about her, and Canaan redirected it back to Ashley. She looked back and forth between them, unsure if they both really just didn't know who she was and were asking, or if she was getting caught in the middle of something

"Oh, uh, yes. I am Ashley! I used to hang out here, way, way back. Not as much as Canaan, I guess, or maybe you? But I'm just sort of uh... you know, dickin' around on the island! Trying to lay low for a lil' while, ya' know?" She cheesed, watching the squirrel hand the forest-girl a berry. What the ********? "As I'm sure you could both agree this island is prime real estate for laying low!"

While she was talking, Ashley had been laying out a towel for herself-- the soggy one-- and then offering the last towel to the new girl. "It's pretty clean, my dude, no worries." she winked. She did not take a seat, however, but instead stood with her back facing the fire. Her clothes were still mega drippy, but it hopefully wouldn't be long before the fire dried her off. At least, she hoped, because this wet denim was just the worst.
Rune Slessiane
//Good lord its still alive...//

(( Are you the Rune I used to know, or a different one? crying ))

Omnipresent Poster

User Image"I'm a little halfing, short and stout. Here's is my knife and here is my...snout!"

The three foot guy rolled into view upon the sands as his little boat crashed into the beach. He lied there on his back staring up at the blue sky. And he now felt guilty for not taking up those elemental water nymphs for a night of fun. Damn him and his last second moral hesitations. Getting to his feet, he saw a lit up building ahead and trotted to it.

Aged Gaian

Vintrict

Among the rubble and debris that was once a bar, a whirring of life could be heard. Two head-lights blinked out for the first time in a handful of years, and robotic digits clinking together as robotic digits clenched. With a mechanical whine, iZac sat up, dislodging himself from the hole of muck and rotted wood in which he'd settled.

Visitors!

Four signs of life detected! One of them was even approaching! iZac went about his eternal duty of gathering a glass and a bottle of the finest liquor. Nothing had been cleaned in a long time, but the robot didn't seem to notice as he poured the glass of water, sand and what was once beer into a half-muddied cup!

Rhos wasn't a programmer, he just signed the checks.

iZac happily served this small newcomer with the glass of goop! Proud of himself, he blinked and beeped like a Roomba that had smeared s**t all over the floor, and then ran back to the bar. Once there he knocked the debris off his Jukebox boyfriend...and began to hump vigorously in celebration of their reunion.

REE-CLUNK

REE-CLUNK

REE-CLUNK
《How this place still breathes is one of life's mysteries 》

Cute Wife

7,275 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Party Member 100
♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

• tab Canaan didn't really give her much of an answer in regards to the girl that was sitting with them now. But the girl introduced herself as Ashley and explained that she used to hang out here before, along with Canaan and presumably many others. But now the place looked completely abandonded.

tab She took the towel from Ashley, getting up for a quick moment to first wipe herself off, then lay the towel down. Then she sat back down again, grabbing the basket and putting it on her other side so that Canaan and Ashley could have some berries as well.
      tab "Thank you, and I see... I have never been here before. Canaan talked this place up like crazy, but honestly... It looks like a dump. No offense or anything..." Pandora had chuckled a bit saying this, remembering all the stories Canaan had told her.
      tab Meanwhile, Frit was happily eating berries still, taking one from the basket and skittering to eat it in Pandora's lap, then repeat.

tab she could see someone else had come in the distance. A strange robot had served the poor guy a glass of sand and then proceeded to hump a jukebox... She sighed, before looking at Canaan.
      tab "If we are looking for jobs to do, why did we come here? Are you hoping to rebuild?"

♦ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ♦

User Image

Truest Valor

ASHLEYASDFGH

Aged Gaian

Savoki Sanoci
《How this place still breathes is one of life's mysteries 》

(( It's not really alive, we're just having fun. ))

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH
0 P a n d a - C h a n 0

Canaan scrunched his face and raised a brow. I don't come into your house and s**t on your fondest memories. he thought indignantly.

"Okay so it's not the shining jewel it once was, but this place is mostly isolated. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Even if that cover is soaked in booze and the pages are kinda sticky." Canaan pointed in the general direction of the jungle. "We came here because, I guess I wanted to see this place again. Even if it's all fallen apart. "

Canaan pointed towards the jungle. "Our real destination is Puerto Diablo. In recent years it's become a city-state, like Oceanside. Strong economy, decentralized leadership, and a diverse market. And very little military presence. It's one of the safest places to work and were can disappear for awhile."

Canaan realized that he might have a serious look on his face, so he broke into a smile. "SO YEAH, ASHLEY. What exactly are you laying low from? What's your story? Why are you all the way out here?" He leaned in. "We can swap stories, yo."
Truest Valor
0 P a n d a - C h a n 0

Ashley watched with a blank expression as the girl talked and was fed berries by the squirrel. She turned her body about an inch a minute, cooking herself rotisserie style. She watched Canaan frown when the girl mentioned what a dump the place was-- and she found herself frowning slightly, as well. Not that Ashley had the kind of connection she felt Canaan had for the place, just that... well, Ashley wasn't in to negative energy. She raised her brows at them, confused about what their relationship was. She had assumed they were, like, together together...? But maybe not...?

"Aww, haha, it's not a dump!" she chirped with a smile, as Canaan made his comment about the sticky, booze covered bar-- err, 'book'. "Yeah! If you gave this place like two days of TLC, it'd be just as good as ever." she motioned to the fire, blazing bright. "My man Canaan here had this pit cleared and burnin' in ten seconds flat! Just needs a tiny bit o' love!"

As she came to face them, having turned about 90 degrees total so far, Canaan began to talk very somberly. When he finished and paused, Ashley spoke, "Ew, work? Why would you do that, when you could just lay low here, my dudes?"

And then, just as quickly as he had sombered up, he was tossing the conversation in her direction to lead. She smiled-- she was a sucker for attention-- and crossed her arms over her chest, standing up a little taller as she devised her story in her mind. "Haha, alright, alright, we can swap stories by the fire, just like the adventurers we are, huh?" she looked to the girl, who had never mentioned her name, then back to Canaan.

"You might not believe me when I tell you," she lowered her voice, dramatically looking around the beach, as if they might be being watched, "but I'm a highly sought after individual! I'm scary powerful." she grinned, unfolding her arms and giving her fingers a spooky wiggle in their direction. "You're lucky you caught me on a good night, hm? At a place I love no less." she winked.

In the flickering light of the fire, if they looked, they'd see strange marks that curled around her fingers, and crawled up her arms. They weren't really scars... just exceptionally smooth, kind-of-shiny tendrils looping over her otherwise pretty average tan, freckled skin. Each mark was about a quarter to a half inch wide, and would trail from somewhere on her hand up to her elbow. They curved too smoothly to really look like any kind of cut wound...

She placed her hands on her hips.

"Since I'm too spooky for some people, they don't want me just running around all willy-nilly. But it's too bad because I just really love being willy-nilly, so... you know, this just gives me an excuse to run around!" she shrugged. At this point, she was facing the fire, having completed a full 180 degrees. "And, like I said, this place is super perfect for, like... really disappearing for a bit, ya know? Not only is it an island in ********, it's also pretty low key and hard to get to. The boats don't come here unless you ask them to, now, ya? And usually they don't know where they're going anyway and you have to direct them!" she rolled her eyes. "So... yes. That's why I'm here!"

Aged Gaian

ASHLEYASDFGH

(( Hope you're still playing. My wife has opted out of this for a bit due to a busy schedule. ))

Canaan listened intently to Ashley, taking an interest in these 'spoopy-powers' she apparently had. His extra senses were picking up on anything out of the ordinary, but that wasn't unusual. He couldn't sense anything that was actively hiding itself.

Canaan laid out on his side and propped his head up on his arm, the fire crackling and popping close to him. The warmth of the flames clashed with the cool breeze blowing up from the ocean. God he realized how much he missed the blissful feeling of it. "I'm sought after, too, but they aren't exactly adoring fans. They want to use my corpse as tinder for a dumpster fire." Yes, Canaan really was a shining beacon of positive energy.

"I suppose we could all put off getting jobs. I could build a boat and some fishing lines, and these woods are full of game that could be hunted since the place has been deserted for a long time. Might need to go to the city for the stuff we can't make though, which is where the whole job thing comes in. Suppose I could sell something; Ross had to leave something magic-y laying around, yeah?"

"Off-topic though; what kinda things can you do? Like, fighting wise? Because there might come a day when we do need to defend ourselves. It's nice to know what others can do, yeah?" Canaan felt like he didn't really complete all of his thoughts there, but he had a simple thinking process.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
With Puerto Diablo and Oceanside pretty much merged together into one bustling megalopolis, thanks to Thurgood's planning and the aluminum industry, the last remnants of the long-crumbled Black Sand Bar are far under the black sand of the beach. Until now, the remnant of Thurgood's supercosmic-strength will that rubbed off him from his amount of time here held the last remnant of the Black sand Bar's spirit: the collective energy, and memories of the dozens of people that passed through this space finally dissipate, letting the spirit slip away into the ether, and with that, the Black Sand Bar passed too. Nothing short of Rhoslyn Verna's intervention would ever make this the same place ever again.

Though the bar is gone, the memories formed within it stay with those that called this place a getaway, or even home for a bit. The memories of two certain patrons, Thurgood and Aveline Singlance, have been carried with them to a new dimension and planet, and are now part of the Mil Dot Lunaris.

So long sweet bar, though you are gone, you have not been forgotten.

((After three years of inactivity, I thought a proper farewell post was in order; not trying to necro the thread.))

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
notmuch_23
With Puerto Diablo and Oceanside pretty much merged together into one bustling megalopolis, thanks to Thurgood's planning and the aluminum industry, the last remnants of the long-crumbled Black Sand Bar are far under the black sand of the beach. Until now, the remnant of Thurgood's supercosmic-strength will that rubbed off him from his amount of time here held the last remnant of the Black sand Bar's spirit: the collective energy, and memories of the dozens of people that passed through this space finally dissipate, letting the spirit slip away into the ether, and with that, the Black Sand Bar passed too. Nothing short of Rhoslyn Verna's intervention would ever make this the same place ever again.

Though the bar is gone, the memories formed within it stay with those that called this place a getaway, or even home for a bit. The memories of two certain patrons, Thurgood and Aveline Singlance, have been carried with them to a new dimension and planet, and are now part of the Mil Dot Lunaris.

So long sweet bar, though you are gone, you have not been forgotten.

((After three years of inactivity, I thought a proper farewell post was in order; not trying to necro the thread.))

OoC:

All hail the Necroer of Threads!

ninja

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
(( rofl

...but seriously, let this thread rust rest in peace now.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff