Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Damon put his arm around Stephania and sat there, his gaze on the ocean. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually given her a hug or words of encouragement. She had gone through a lot in the last month, and he had to be understanding of that.

"I love you, Stephania. Things are going to be okay."

The mention of sharks and such were small talk, and Damon didn't do small talk. He liked to get right to the heart of things.
((I would totally be in here more if I wasn't getting half-nelsoned by college recently. Thankfully, tomorrow is my no1curr day to lounge here.))

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
((Would totally be in here more if THIS wasn't keeping me up all night! He is just lucky that he is so adorable.))
Fadis was out taming the gym's climbing wall, because the worse-than-vertical and slippery slopes were unreasonbly difficult, even for her, and that sort of struck her as an injustice. When one is specialized, even just by the chance of everyone else being orange and less physically capable in your regards, that specialty better not be useless. Or, well, entirely eclipsed. Flight, and such.

She kept slipping and falling onto the mat, but Fadis was shock-absorbent even without the protection of the power tattoo, so she kept trying. Progress through each try went slowly.

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
((*rolls through* ))

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Vintrict

((I don't know how I didn't see this. I would have replied a long time ago.))

Zoll's eyes rose when he watched that white-haired beauty step herself through the door and walk around the counter to actually sit next to him. He moved his eyelined eyes back to the work at hand until the nudge came, causing his hands to cease their work once again as he looked over to her. She reminded him of a puppy that needed attention.

"I'm glad you're here. You can sweep the floor."

His left hand reached across and grabbed a broom, handing it to her. Funnily enough, there was nothing to sweep. Zoll was teasing her.

A few minutes after Aaron walks through the front doorway of Zoll's beach structure, Elliot Stabler and Robert Goren would as well, after hearing from the security personnel that he was a doctor, Of course, Zoll is still a medical student, but the two (former) detectives need somebody with medical experience to tell them more about the two dead victims and the one that's still alive, since leaving the NYPD meant they didn't have access to a medical examiner when they needed to anymore.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
[[ Ugh I typed this whole long post and then it just deleted all of it and I don't feel like re-typing. I'll do it soon. ]]

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
BaconBunch
[[ Ugh I typed this whole long post and then it just deleted all of it and I don't feel like re-typing. I'll do it soon. ]]

((Hate it when I type a good post, then I accidently close out the window..))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

"Fun." Aaron chimed in with faked enthusiasm, taking the broom without standing and scanning the room for whatever messiness she was being made to sweep.

You butt.

"Sometimes I wonder why you even keep me around when you're just gonna make me do useless s**t." She said with a slightly-offended chuckle as she put the broom off to the side. Like hell she was going to sweep a spotless floor, even if she did feel pretty stupid for a significant couple of seconds.

When two men walked in she stood and walked over near the exit without leaving, prepared to let the guys have their privacy if need be.

O u t f i t

Stephania looked down at her lap and a blush hit her face, the emotional moment being embarrassing to her. "I know, dad." She said quietly, mostly to herself, as clarification. Was it really going to be okay?

"I think you have more to worry about than I do, anyway."

[[ Oh my god I hate people so shitting much. ]]
BaconBunch
[[ Oh my god I hate people so shitting much. ]]

[I read that as "I hate people shitting so much" and was about to ask, but then I read it again.

What happen?]

Omnipresent Poster

notmuch_23
A few minutes after Aaron walks through the front doorway of Zoll's beach structure, Elliot Stabler and Robert Goren would as well, after hearing from the security personnel that he was a doctor, Of course, Zoll is still a medical student, but the two (former) detectives need somebody with medical experience to tell them more about the two dead victims and the one that's still alive, since leaving the NYPD meant they didn't have access to a medical examiner when they needed to anymore.

Zoll smiled like that of a boy who had just caused a sport of trouble, and Aaron was just so easy to play with. Her question was a good one, and did deserve an answer, but he that did not mean he had to give a clear one.

"I thought I told you befooooore, you're more useful than you think."

The entrance of two people had him look up, the smile remaining on his face.

"What can I help you gentlemen with?"

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Vintrict

"Uh, yeah. I'm sure you've heard about the murders, since nobody seems to be able to shut up about 'em, but we've heard you're some sort of physician, and we need one to help us investigate, more specifically with the bodies. You think you could take a look at them with us?" Elliot asks Zoll.

Bobby just browses the things on the shelves, specifically looking for publications and/or preserved specimens of human eyeballs.

Aged Gaian

BaconBunch

Stephania looked down at her lap and a blush hit her face, the emotional moment being embarrassing to her. "I know, dad." She said quietly, mostly to herself, as clarification. Was it really going to be okay?

"I think you have more to worry about than I do, anyway."

"I want you to know that no matter what the future holds, you'll always be important to me."

Damon pulled Stephania close to him and touched his cheek to the top of her head. She was so much like her mother had been. Strong, independent and able to adapt to anything. Mostly anything. There was no doubt it would take a long time to get her to open up, if that ever happened.

The main there that Damon wanted to convey here was that she would never find herself not having a place in the family. That she was here first and that she would always belong and have a place. Stephania was still his first child, and that was important.

"I've got to go for now, but I'll come back. And then I'll teach you about your powers."

And that said, he stood up and started back down towards the beach.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

Aaron didn't need much more of a cue than that. Without making much distracting noise, she turned and walked out the door. Whatever it was that they were talking about was none of her business -- Regardless of how much Zoll said constantly that she was "more useful than she thought", she wasn't. It wasn't even her fault, either. If she was of so much use, why was she made to do tedious tasks? She knew it was because she almost always failed at serious jobs that didn't involve her physical appearance. She wasn't proud of it, but it was the way it was. She would just rather not get her hopes about of whatever 'potential' she had at this point.

Halfway through the doorway, behind the men that had entered, she spun around and gave Zoll a smile, and then turn back around and leave. No use in being mad, anyway. Zoll was a loveable d**k.

O u t f i t

Time for hiding her emotions behind a chill-but-obviously-fake mask was apparently over for both Steph and her father.

The girl finally succumbed to the emotional moment and broke her barrier, immediately burying her face in Papa's neck, her arms wrapping around his upper back, trying to find comfort and protection from him and trying her best not to let any tears fall from her eyes. Eventually, she failed, and she let out a few muffled whimpering cries. "I'm sorry."

Omnipresent Poster

notmuch_23
Vintrict

"Uh, yeah. I'm sure you've heard about the murders, since nobody seems to be able to shut up about 'em, but we've heard you're some sort of physician, and we need one to help us investigate, more specifically with the bodies. You think you could take a look at them with us?" Elliot asks Zoll.

Bobby just browses the things on the shelves, specifically looking for publications and/or preserved specimens of human eyeballs.
Zoll lost his smile, placing down his pen and standing up from his seat. He slipped his hands into the pockets of his lab coat, eyeing the two men as the subject was brought up. He watched as Aaron left, then returned his attention to the two individuals.

"I have heard of no murders. Contraaaaary to popular belief, this island is not my business. Though now you have caught my attention. From the sound of it, you are in need of a forensic scientist, is what you are saying."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff