Welcome to Gaia! ::

As expected, he'd find that the armor was masterfully crafted. It was light - at least for full-plate equipped with modern amenities - but highly durable. Aside from the fullplate, however, was the middle , which was considerably lighter. A ballistic that could be secured to the armored helm, a good bulletproof and stabproof vest, fire-repellant materials, and the like.

Obviously, in most situations, just tossing on the middle layer would have to do, although the under-layer was comfortable, slightly padded, and wicked sweat away, as well as being remarkably comfortable to wear. Either way, Rhoslyn would wait outside wherever he was changing, and when Canaan emerged (presumably in that middle layer of armor), Ross would try to violently shank him.

It wouldn't do a lot more than ******** up the fabric on the outside and give a vicious bruise, but it sure beat getting a blade to the belly.
((I feel inclined to post; but I'm not sure if I want to bring in Quin, Duc or something new.))

Aged Gaian

Canaan spent the next twenty or so minutes putting on all of the layers of fabric and armor, attaching things together and flexing in them. This was a lot different than his dragoon armor had been - but still just as lightweight and durable. Looking at him you'd think he were slow and ponderous, however it was the exact opposite. Canaan had just as much freedom of movement as he normally would have.

"Hey, I like the armor--?!"

Then Ross tried to shank him in the stomach.

After years of fighting, Canaan had trained himself to react instead of think. And that's exactly what he did. His eyes shot open and he immediately sent a right punch or Ross nose, unable to stop himself.

Woops...
There were two possible things to do when one had committed to an attack, had it fail (or was it a success when one was trying to fail?), and barely any time to react to the inevitable counter: try to go with it, or try to get away.

Out of these, Ross did neither, and got punched in the ******** face.

"Ow, ********] he exclaimed after bringing his head back forward and shaking it. Or at least, he tried to say that, wiping blood from his nose. After a second or two of failing to stem the tide, he touched one hand to his face to still the bleeding, then sheathed his knife and expertly reset his broken nose with the other, tapping his feet against the ground.

After a few power-laden strokes of the nose and a final wipe, he chuckled, wincing.

"Now you REALLY like it! Shiiiit..."

Just because he'd reset some of the damage didn't mean it didn't ******** HURT.

Aged Gaian

"s**t, Ross! Sorry!"

Punching his friend in the face isn't what he woke up and put on his to-do list.

"You caught me by surprise!"

Well, half-surprise. Around these parts you never know when someone is gonna jump out and try to shank you. Especially around a bar with a bunch of murders going on.

"The armor is nice."

Indeed it was, but Canaan didn't see himself putting it to much use around the island. Unless of course he went on some adventures. Or planned to get into a big fight.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
[[ I posted for Vin, but he never showed up.
So I don't know what to do either. ]]

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((I need Vindrict to post as Zoll as well: Stabler and Goren need to go talk to him: he's either a suspect due to his medical experience, or the closest thing to a medical examiner they can hope for))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Vintrict
Vintrict

get yo butt in here. ]]
Vintrict

Paging Dr. Zoll...

Please report to the BSB

[xD]

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((I bet Vin's gonna post right after I have to shut down the computer, since it's 11 PM where I, Techpriest Enginseer, and Arretsu (and presumably Xerowingz) live.))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Stephania was sitting on a small cliff overlooking the beach with her legs dangling off of the side. She was in a very vulnerable position to anyone who might think [******** it, today seems like a good day to push a kid off a cliff, but she was willing to risk it for dramatic effect. Her aging had cost a lot of confusion about her life, and she needed a long time to think about how she was going to live the lifestyle that had been cast upon her. She didn't ask for it. She didn't ask for any of this, but it was what she was going to get. She let out a short sigh and let the wind whip her long brown hair around her face.

Aged Gaian

"Stephania."

Damon's voice came from behind the girl. He'd walk up and sit down beside his daughter, hanging his feet over the edge. "I like the view out here."

Things were sorta tense between father and daughter these days, what with the new baby coming along and his soon-to-be marriage to Ellie. Neither of them had done more than exchanged a few glance and idle words in weeks.

Omnipresent Poster

Like Totally Not A Mule
Vintrict

Paging Dr. Zoll...

Please report to the BSB

[xD]

((Huh? What?))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Steph flinched a bit at her father's voice, her shoulders evidently jolting up and then lowering again. "Oh. Hi. Me too." She said without a lot of emotion, keeping her gaze on the horizon hitting the ocean. "I think it's cool we live on the ocean. Minus all the sharks and stuff. I think I overheard someone saying they have lasers or something on them. I don't know if that makes them more or less awesome."

Omnipresent Poster

BaconBunch

On Aaron's way to talk to Zoll, she would wave at Ross and give him a bro-ish nod.

She would walk over to Zoll's shop and sit down next to him without a word the entire time. "Hi." She said, nudging him and probably annoying him enough that she was disturbing whatever peace he was trying to achieve.

O u t f i t

[[ I didn't feel like describing her outfit today.
Also, you need to put Arrogant b*****d Ale on that list there.
edit:: oh. this will probably help.
Vintrict
]]

((I don't know how I didn't see this. I would have replied a long time ago.))

Zoll's eyes rose when he watched that white-haired beauty step herself through the door and walk around the counter to actually sit next to him. He moved his eyelined eyes back to the work at hand until the nudge came, causing his hands to cease their work once again as he looked over to her. She reminded him of a puppy that needed attention.

"I'm glad you're here. You can sweep the floor."

His left hand reached across and grabbed a broom, handing it to her. Funnily enough, there was nothing to sweep. Zoll was teasing her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff