Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Like Totally Not A Mule

((What about Thurgood and Aveline's brandy? I know they're not making any right now due to the Gaian Tenkaichi Budokai, and won't make much after since Thurgood likely won't be able to do much at the still site, and running two 400-gallon torpedo pots is really a two-person job. Anybody here want to pre-volunteer to be Aveline's stillhand for now?))

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

On Aaron's way to talk to Zoll, she would wave at Ross and give him a bro-ish nod.

She would walk over to Zoll's shop and sit down next to him without a word the entire time. "Hi." She said, nudging him and probably annoying him enough that she was disturbing whatever peace he was trying to achieve.

O u t f i t

[[ I didn't feel like describing her outfit today.
Also, you need to put Arrogant b*****d Ale on that list there.
edit:: oh. this will probably help.
Vintrict
]]

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Outside of Oceanside, a giant plume of steam shoots out of about thirteen drill hole as water is pumped into another thirteen. Looks like the drilling crew did it. At the same time, a construction crew is finishing the foundation of the power plant while ironworkers plumb and square the upright girders that will make the structure of the powerhouse. In about another month, the first turbine and generator from General Electric will arrive, along with the pipe to connect the well heads to the turbine housing, condenser, and water pump.
[I'll have to add the brandy, too.

@BB: I've never had Arrogant b*****d, but the older brother of a friend has. I know I'm adding Red Tail Ale to the list as of last night.

Have you had it? xD I usually point women at the lighter or fruitier beers to get them started. My lover girl didn't like beer, but she sure likes some of the beers I've picked out for us.]

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
[[ I have had it, and it tastes god awful to me (i don't know how you guys drink beer, ugh) but that's because the list of things I drink are literally:
-Coke
-Juice Boxes

But my dad loves it. And the man knows his brews.
Also, the BSB needs juice boxes. ]]

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
((-comes out of wherever-

I think for this crowd this is a more interesting beverage to try.))
[Lots of IBU's there. The dark chocolate of beer.]

Ross was around, kicking it back on a chair behind the bar. He had various boxes around him, including an open one with two of Jack's hellhound puppies.
Just to confirm his author being around for a while, Rhoslyn started to get to work on making one of the 50" pizzas. It was, of course, mostly for himself, but with that much pizza there'd be plenty to share.

Instead of the usual mixes, he went with a pesto sauce, chicken, mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, mushrooms, and peppers. With the pizza being assembled, he put it in the brick oven and stoked the flames.
By now, Ross had eaten the whole pizza, and his narrator had lost interest. So, he gathered up his s**t and left.

Ross, that is. His narrator went back to lurking.

Aged Gaian

Canaan happened to be hanging out in the bar watching TV. Nothing but the GTB fights had caught his attention, everything else either being news reports or sitcoms. Tilly had been spending much of her time doing her work in the garden or taking care of Cyrus. They hadn't been spending nearly as much time together.

That is how things were sometimes...
BaconBunch
[[I don't know how you guys drink beer, ugh]]

[Well, I like beer for several reasons:

1. The first human inventions were genocide, controlled fire, agriculture, and beer. It's theorized that we invented the third to make the fourth easier to produce. Don't know if I buy into that.

2. A good beer is a delightfully tingly and refreshing beverage with a complex palate and a multitude of flavors. You can use beer in cooking, and there are more beer-food pairing options than wine-food pairing options.

3. Good beer.

4. Developed taste. At your age, I would expect you to have tried Default High School Party Beer. So... Miller Lite, Natty Ice, or other forms of cat piss beer. That was my first beer experience, and I didn't much care for it.

I'd point you in the direction of a few beers that actually taste good and aren't exceptionally hoppy from the list, but I don't think you'd care. Meanwhile, for anyone else (and especially women, these beers are how I convinced many female friends to drink beer / how my best friends convinced their girlfriends to drink beer) who wants to have good beer:

Lambic beer. It's the fruitiest and sweetest of beers, and closest to wine. Like, it straight up tastes like fruit more than beer. Lots of fruit and wild yeast, with just enough hops and grains to give it depth. I totally intend to get French vanilla ice cream, and make a lambic beer float out of my next bottle.

Down the scale in sweetness is the Tangerine Wheat or the Apricot Ale. They have a beer flavor with strong fruitiness to them. All of the Tangerine Wheats I had were kind of thick, and you could almost sense tangerine pulp in it. Shock Top and its derivative are also pretty good, but you'd want to orange them up to get that fruitiness. From there, I'd point out Kona Brewing Co's Wailua Wheat. The beer is light in flavor, and you can taste the passionfruit in it. It's a summer seasonal.

Going into the tastes-like-beer category is Stella Artois. It's again light in flavor, but pairs well with a lot of beverages. Then, in rough order, it's Pacifico, Longboard, Blue Moon (squeeze an orange in it!), Moosehead, Fat Tire, etc.

I suggest avoiding IPA's and dark ales, unless you REALLY like bitter. Once you get used to them, the bitter sort of washes away and you can taste all the subtle flavors, like caramel and brown sugar and the sweetness of the hops and such.]
"Oh, hey."

Rhoslyn stopped ******** off in the direction of Away and dropped the crate.

"Two things for you. One, your armor is done. Two, Jack wants me to give these to your girlfriend."

He tapped the box, causing a hellpuppy head to burst out and stare around the bar

"So, they're your problem now! Anyway, go try it on."

Aged Gaian

"I haven't worn armor since... well, a long time."

Canaan rose from his seat and walked over towards the crate, looking at the dog that came out. Tilly had a dog now? One more addition to the family...

"Right, I'll make sure they're acquainted. Guess I'll go try on that armor."

And he'd go and do just that.

Beloved Prophet

8,325 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
[[ I have tried neither of these things.
My dad has it set on me that if I'm going to be drinking beer, I'm going to be drinking only things he recommends and beers that you can't see through when you look through the glass.
Way to raise your kid. ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces