Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
Anneke thankfully took her water and put it to her lips, drinking quickly. It felt to good to feel the liquid slide down her dry throat. Back at home, she hated plain water and preferred tea or palm wine, but when she was thirsty there was nothing like water. She spilled a bit down her chin and sheepishly wiped it off, she couldn't help it she was getting a bit carried away being so thirsty and all. She sat the quickly emptied cup on the table and hoped her rice would be up soon. She did not recognize hardly anything from the menu, but at this point someone could have fed her an old boot and she may have been contented. The woman sever's enthusiam surprised her a bit, it was uncommon for people where she was from to act in such a manner. But after she had sat around thinking awhile, she realized she had yet to ask any questions that she had intended on.

"Pardon me for asking such an unusal question, but would this possibly be Gaia? I got a bit lost sailing here, and to be honest I have not a clue where I am." She glanced around the room, hoping that the answer would be yes more than she'd ever hoped for anything.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Gautama had accepted the woman's answer with considerate eyes and then made his way out of the shanty and on to the sand. Things were getting crowded and busy very quickly and he just didn't like that sort of environment. Apparently he wasn't alone. He noticed someone else outside of the Black Sand but didn't make an effort to approach them. He merely acknowledged them with his eyes and turned to head for the tents.

Upon reaching the tents he chose one that looked fairly undisturbed and unzipped it. Thankfully there was no heavy explosive weapon present so he took that as a sign that he was coming into the tent of someone else. Zipping the tent doors behind him as he lit the propane lantern, he stripped off his equipment, his jacket, and boots and then collapsed on the simple bed ready for a deep sleep.

(Alright, I'm out for the night. Later everyone.)
Rhoslyn's knees went a little weak.

"Right. So that's... steak, steak, steak... steak, rice, a burger, shark, bread... alcohol..."

He waved his hands in the air. A few seconds later, various cooking implements of all sorts were moving themselves around the kitchen preparing all the food, which also happened to be sitting contentedly in midair.

"I've said this a lot tonight, but I need a drink."

Shrugging, he filled a teapot with water and simply pointed his finger at it, releasing a torrent of flames at the pot as he started to mix the Black Russian. It wasn't every day that you saw a fey covered from neck to ankles in shifting tattoos trying to run a kitchen, that was for sure.

"And holy crap. In one day, I've had over ten patrons, had a land mine explode, surfed, and hired a server named Kitty and a cook named Goldy. I'm totally not running a brothel..."

He wasn't talking to anyone in particular, just... whomever was listening.

Eloquent Gawker

Kitty turned back to the woman she had given the water to. "Why yes this would be Gaia! I can't tell you the exact part because I kinda got lost before I ended up here but I know we're still in Gaia! Are you visiting friends perhaps?"
Seth eyed the weird looking girl that got his drink. He stood there for a second just looking at her. Standing in a curious posture he just eyed her with a goofy face. He smiled lightly as he snatched up the drink and gulped it down in one big swoop. Smiling he slammed the cup down upon the counter

“….Another shot Pleeeeease!! “

He said this ending in a big cheesy smile. His pearly white gleaming at the poor girl. Sadly Seth was never schooled in how to talk to girls. He usually flashed money and expensive cars and got some p***y. In this case he had neither. So he resorted back to his childish demeanor.

Mega Waffles

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Party Animal 100

"You're not running a brothel?" Viviana asked, a smile playing upon her crimson lips as she watched the obviously overworked owner performing some sort of magic trick with his kitchen utensils. Whatever he was doing with them certainly looked impressive,

"I think if you wanted to diversify you definitley have a good location for a... massage parlor"
She chuckled to herself. Letting her gaze fall back to the mint leaves floating about in her drink. She liked this place, it was a nice change of scenery. It was bustling with life. The owner could mix a decent Mojito, the ocean was picturesque. The sea breeze was crisp, and carried with it the tang salt water, it reminded her of her days back on board a ship.
(( I would love to rp some more, but I must be off for breakfast. For now, let's say Moirne is maniacally occupied with munching down her first proper meal in ages. Poor girl. ))
[Omnomnomnoming indefinitely.]

Having placed an order, the fighter's interest in the room seemed to dim considerably. Dressed in faded blue jeans, leather boots, and a multitude of belts and a shirt that lacked anything remotely posing as sleeves with a black bandanna atop his head, Deitric looked like a biker who'd lost his bike somewhere along the way. The only weapons clear on his person were two wickedly sharp tomahawks, one hanging from each hip, jammed into a belt loop haft first.

His attention turned towards one of the matched bracelets he wore; the piece made of bone, bits of polished turquoise stone, and silver. He brushed his fingers along the longer bone pieces, examining the piece of jewelry for any sort of break or marring, letting his thoughts wander.

What's.. a salad? These people have odd words for food.., the prize fighter mused silently in his head, his fingers sifting over the bracelet to examine different portions. Without movement or agitation, the man looked out of place.

Eloquent Gawker

She smiled and poured him another shot. "You must be very thirsty tonite. Would you like anything besides a drink? I'll try my very hardest to get you whatever you need kay?" She smiled at his cheesey smile not finding it cheesey in the least. A smile was a smile to her and she was too gullible to believe anything other than smile politeness when she saw someone give her a smile. "I'm sorry I didn't get your name...." She tilted her head to the side listening intently so she could remember his name when he gave it to her.
"Well... admittedly, it'd make me a lot of money, but I sleep on those sheets. And... no. Just no. I am not sleeping on sloppy seconds, thank you."

Rhoslyn took a slug of Everclear straight from the bottle and wiped his lips on the back of his hand.

"Mmh, burns like fire. Now, where's my meat thermometer... oh, there."

He leapt up in the air to grab the thermometer, which flew away with him. Shaking his head, he burst into song, working the whole time.

"Steve walks warily down the street,
With the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go
Are you ready, are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, Im gonna get you too

How do you think I'm going to get along,
Without you, when you're gone
You took me for everything that I had,
And kicked me out on my own

Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
To the sound of the beat

There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him
When he's down
But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating the sound of the beat, yeah!"

By the end of that song, the food was in the oven and/or on the grill/pot/etc.

"Yeah, if I had the time to play my guitar, y'all'd have music too. ******** me sideways."

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
When Anneke realized she had actually reached the destination she set out for, she was so incredibly happy she almost cried. Although, the server's lack of information about her exact whereabouts was a little disheartening, she was just thrilled to be so close to getting back to her brother and hopefully keeping him from the same fate of their parents.

"Ahem...yes, I suppose you could say that. I'm here to find my younger brother. I plan on going to look for him after I regain some strength of sorts. He came here with some others from our motherland to fight along the rebel freedom fighters, and I hope I can find him and convince him to return home before it is too late. I haven't really planned how to find him or what to do once I do..."

After she finished her speech, she was surprised that she'd spilled her pupose to a stranger. But, afterall, it was too late to take it back.Anneke was an incredibly sweet and genuine person, but she was also unbelieveably private and so her sudden spurt of openness came as a bit of a shock to her. She decided it was the hunger and sleep deprivation, and began to fiddle with the folds of linen on her thighs while she awaited her food. The smell of things cooking was almost unbearable.
Seth kind of blushed at her smile. For she looked innocent and cute at the same time.

“….Thank you…..I wouldn’t like anything else thank you “

He then looked back up at her from drinking the second shot in one gulp

“…..My name is Seth…Seth Locke “

He smiled at her. Still abit blushing.

“..You have nice eyes miss “

Dapper Noob

[ . : . ]

Llewellyn remained upon the opalescent beach. Staring mystified at the Plutonic shore. A sense of cthonic nostalgia washed over him, as if he'd been here before. He was aware that he hadn't, but the notion was uncanny in it's arrival. From where the thought derived, he could only ponder, and ponder he did.

It didn't take long for the memories to return. The off-color sands reminded him of the dark place he'd been raised, in the time before the Embrace. The apocalyptic misgivings of the Umbra had stained his soul to the point for whenst his Sire chose leave his mark, there was nothing left to withhold such a device. Yet, Llewellyn found the place comforting. For in a place where darkness thrives, the light one strives to find carries a value few know of.

'The soul is a creature,
Of horrid feature.

To which I confide,
That which deride,

Contempt, in return,
Is all that I learn.

That is corruption.'

The first lesson Llewellyn had taught himself in those days. It has served him well, and will continue to do so.

The young Cainite returned to the bar after a few moments peace, and found a seat.

'Need some help, Ross?'

[ . : . ]

Mega Waffles

8,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Party Animal 100

"Well... I don't think you'd 'ave to sleep on the same sheets." Vivi continued, still chuckling. "But judging by the number of patrons 'ere, I think you'll be making a mean profit from your meals and drinks alone." She took another sip of her drink and then placed the glass back down on the counter. Glancing about at the other patrons. The tribesman wasn't the only person who looked out of place, in fact, he looked more like he belonged at a beach bar than Vivi. Vivi was wearing a naval officers uniform from the Napoleonic era after all. Not exactly the height of modern beach fashion. The tomohawks were a little odd though, Vivi stared at them for a while and wondered just how many skulls they had cracked.

Ah Queen. Viviana couldn't help but whistle along as soon as she heard the familiar tune. Who didn't love them some 80's glam rock? Well there were probably a few people who didn't, but the Lamia was not one of them.

"You play guitar, as well as sing, cook, mix drinks, run a business... you sound like you're a bit of a jack of all trades Monsiuer Ross, wasn't it?" Viviana asked, trying to remember what he had introduced himself as.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff