Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ Yeah, man. We met Spring Break 1987 and we've been married since.

Whut? ]
"Halfway unloaded on the shore on the starboard side and in the back of the boat. You'll probably get wet, but ******** it."

Rhoslyn pointed at the speedboat that appeared to have been pushed halfway on-shore.

"Mind the guitar, though. s**t was expensive and custom-made. And yeah... well, the last time this was open, we had all sorts of women here. In fact... I think I may just call up Anti, a former employee. Just wait, dude - where there's booze, food, and drugs, there'll be women. It's, like, a law or something."

He snickered, pulling out various knives, leaving them on the counter before going to the fridge and simply throwing vegetables at the knives, which promptly started cutting them without him paying attention.

"Oh, hey, there's someone else here."
      [ Me? Know him? Nawwww~ ]

Ashley looked up at a voice. It was one of the men, smiling. Ashley raised her hand to wave, but before she could he was standing and facing another way.

Well.

Ashley pulled her feet up from the sand, and started to make her way over to the bar. And when she got near enough, she noticed that someone was doing some chopping. But.. not someone at all, actually. Just some knives chopping away. Sitting on one of the stools, she watched them go.

That was pretty freaking sweet.

Gaze shifting to the man at the fridge, she spoke. "Are you doing this thing?"
"Yep. Multitasking is a beautiful thing, ain't it?"

Rhoslyn finished up in the fridge and closed it before going to get the beans, tortillas, and the things he'd need to cook them in, talking all the while.

"Two customers this soon - that's pretty good. I honestly didn't figure anyone'd show up until next week."

He turned to grin at her, placing the utensils down. They promptly went to work as well, scooping the salsa ingredients into the wooden bowls.

"The name's Rhoslyn, call me Ross. You are?"

He turned back to work, idly scratching one of his tattooed elbows.
      "It is. And neat. Thats really cool." she said, reaching out and brushing her frostbitten fingers against one of the handles of the knives. It didn't even budge from its work.

When he dropped the rest of the stuff on the counter, she watched it all get right to work. It made her think of the magic utensils in Beauty and the Beast, that would all dance and sing and prepare a huge delicious meal. She reached out and tried to grab at the handle of one of the knives. When he turned around, like a guilty child, she quickly retracted her hands and sat on them. Smiled back.

"I'm uh, Ashley." she said. When he turned away, she reached for one of the wooden spoons marching across the counter in front of her.
Before he left, Ali laughed at the man's statement. It was so very true.

Returning with a few crates stacked atop another, the man set them all down by the deck. Lifting his hand to wipe a bit of sweat that accumulated on his forehead from the heat, he sighed a bit before lifting them back up the deck and placing them behind the bar. Now, he'd take his place at a barstool once more, hoping his nachos were finished. The pink haired girl had come to the bar by this time, and they were talking, so for the time being, Ali kept out of the conversation.

[ Sorry. Watching the neice. ]
He laughed.

"No rules about cooking with a bit of magic so long as ya actually cook most of it."

Filling a pot with oil and lighting the stove with a brief flick of his lighter, he grabbed a strainer, a bowl, and some seasonings to go with the tortillas. Instead of auto-cutting these, though, he simply grabbed a nearby butcher knife and started cutting them into strips as the oil heated.

"Ya been here long, Ashley?"

[No worries.

Also, my god, I have to control-F5 three times to get the edit button to show up.]
      Ashley was just about to grab the spoon when the other man came back. Again, quickly, she sat on her hands. She smiled at him. "Hello."

Then the other man- known from now on as Ross, apparently- was speaking again. Had she been here long? "Well," she said, looking out over the water. "I've been here about. Ten minutes." she said, and grinned.

"How long have you been here?" she said, in an almost accusing tone.

[ You can just hit F5, you know~ ]
[Five minutes of hitting F5 kinda makes me doubt that. *stabs Firefox a few times*]

"In total? About a year. Today? 'bout an hour or so. You need a drink or somethin' before I start making these chips? It's a bit tricky to do it without burning the ever-living ******** out of yourself, and I'd rather not be distracted."

He turned back to the bar, nodding.

"If you bring some beers up here, I'll chill 'em. Want some limes?"

The cut lime quarters started floating in midair as the knives embedded themselves into the counter with small thudding noises, vibrating slightly.
Giving a nod of acknowledgement to the young woman beside him, he'd take a quick glance at his watch. The sun was starting to set, and he had places to be at night. Sighing briefly, the man lifted himself from his stool and placed his shades back on his face.

"It's a shame that I have somewhere to be. I was actually kind of enjoying this quaint little place. Maybe I'll stop by again sometime, though. I'll hold you to the free drinks, too."

With that, the man nodded at both of them once more, and took off at a leisurely pace. He'd make it back to Jimmy's Grocery Emporium sooner or later, and with that, he'd be off on his bike and back to Aekea.

[ If anything, I'll come back like.. Tomorrow or something. For now, I'm gonna look for something else to do. xP ]
[Ctrl+F5 a lot.]
[Aww, alright.

I really need to start planning out the surfing/karaoke/volleyball/fighting tournaments for this place soon. >.>]
      [ magic thread. ]

Ashley shook her head. "I can't drink a lot." she said flatly. "Alcohol makes me crazy." Of course, some people might like that about her. But she certainly didn't enjoy waking up with no memory of the night before. Also a headache. Ashley despised headaches.

Putting her head on the counter she waved to the man who was leaving. "Yeah, you'd better come back tomorrow." she said, grinning, and then propped her chin on the bar to look at Ross.

"A little drink maybe." not her smartest move. Hopefully this man would be nicer with the alcohol than others had been.
The Darth Vizzle
[Ctrl+F5 a lot.]

[ -punch.- ]
[Booyeah, that goes in the title.]

"Later dude!" Rhoslyn called out before looking back to Ashley.

"Sure. I'd advise against the Death Mix... and the Adios ********. Mh... I don't think you look like a tequila girl, but I do make a damned good margarita and that always goes well with salsa. Or, if you prefer other things, I've got a blunt around here somewhere I was saving for tonight."

His eyes pinwheeled slightly, revealing that instead of just being a simple brown like they were before, they were actually tri-colored: cerulean, emerald, and silver. If she knew her stuff about nonhumans, she'd recognize him as a fey.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff