Welcome to Gaia! ::

There was something oddly familiar about the bartender, soon to be discovered as the owner of this fine place, and it almost felt like family in a sense. A sense that was still new to the newly created vampire that was still so lost in this place. It was hard coming from a place where she held the common placement of a Princess in a coven but only to have that all destroyed soon after her turning. For now, she felt as though she were in hiding. Always running. Running from soemthing unseen but direly felt.

"Kalypso. A beautiful name." She began, the left most corner of her lips pulled back to express a sly smirk of her own nature. One that was harmless but could easily be taken as a predatorial trait. "I'm Rei." She offered back, her voice still low as she spoke. It held a mere elegant tone to it but not one that was easily noticable to those who did not listen for it. Rei watched the bartender with amazed lavender orbs as the other vampire moved about and fixed their requested drinks.

Once her drink was placed in front of her her thumb and a few fingers wrapped about the glass and brought the rim to her lips, tilting it gently and allowing the red liquid grace her throat as she swallowed. A soft sigh of pleasure escaped her lips as she lowered the glass back to the bar. At this point she had noticed the man was still staring at her. Turning to meet his gaze, and to hear his comment on how divine her choice smelt, she parted her lips to speak. "I..." She paused, turning towards the front door a few moments before it opened. There were still a few traits to being what she was that were still to sharp for her to understand. This was one of them. The hunger she had learned to keep control of, that was something her Sire had taught her for the most part. However, in being young she was still known for messing that up as well.

"Thank you..." She spoke, removing her eyes from the attractive lady who had just entered the bar and moving them back to the man sitting at her side. She had tried to ignore her senses for the most part and made a lame attempt to 'breath' through most of it. "Your's smells lovely as well..." She expressed, placing her same familiar smirk along her lips before she abruptly turned away from the man and began to grab at her glass in much the same way a person who was uncertain of what they should do next in the conversation would do.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
(( anybody around? ))

Tipsy Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
daintyone
(( anybody around? ))

((We're always a lurkin' ^^ Feel free to jump on in, hun! We missed you. How have you been?))

bickz_'s Senpai

Taken Seeker

Thomas Hakim

|Athena Global Officer|

The genie laughed heartily before indulging in the timeless exercise known as drinking. He drank slowly but never without having his glass touch the coaster for more than a few seconds. He like the others had turned to look at the newcomer and found himself wondering why he felt as if intruding upon some sort of family reunion. Maybe it was the manner in which the owner made eye contact. Either way he ignored it. Now came time for the lame come-on's. "What brings you here?" He asked the vampiress by his side. For all the talk of being hunters in the night and such the curvy woman seemed like a scared rabbit ready to hop free the second it was let out of its cage.
Fiddling fingertips played with the side of her wine glass as she lowered her head a bit. Her eyes peered out from the side and focused back on the door as if she had been waiting for someone else to come through at any moment. No one did. Rei pushed her chest out, making an attempt to breathe in even a weaker attempt to appear mortal. It was one of few traits her sire had taught her before he was vanished to ashed. Ah ashes. The key to her fright and loneliness. It had taken him from just a dagger through the heart. She didn't exactly feel the said dagger but the silent one was just as bad. The emptiness she felt caused her a longing she could not yet understand.

"A drink." She spoke, pulling her eyes quickly away from the front door and responding back to the man. The movement had been as if someone doing something that was out of the regular was caught doing. The hand in the cookie jar, of sorts. The look of shame and guilt laced her features before she pushed them aside and went back to her stoic nature. She loathed emotions and found them to be the bane of her existance when they managed to seep through.

"Forgive me." She began, meeting orbs with the man who was speaking to her. "I just needed a change in scenery." She offered, her lips tugging at the left most corner and creating a slight smirk, hoping he would understand the change that was needed without her verbalizing it. "And you? What brings you this fine establishment?" She inquired lightly.

bickz_'s Senpai

Taken Seeker

She seemed more like a gazelle. A slender gazelle taking a breather but always making sure to look behind her back as she drank in the local watering hole. What did that make him?

"I needed a distraction." Both could play that game. He set his glass down and seemed to relax in his stool. His phone sitting on his lap glowed as he ignored whoever was messaging him. "All I do is work and well it's nice to have a day off where I can do what I want when I want." And by the way he looked at the vampiress he was hinting at one of his options. Of course failed trysts could always lead to a night of sound sleep after a nice meal. Hell he'd even looked up a nice food market where the stalls seemed endless and food was the right amount of greasy for the djinn.

"And right now all I want to do is have a nice drink. Cheers." He raised his glass just ever so and downed the rest of his whisky. Ice rattled in the glass as he titled it up and began to chew on the cubes.
A distraction. It sounded exactly like the very thing she needed. At the word alone her smile spread to highlight her features. They weren't stern but they were far from angelic. They held a sense of beauty in and of themselves. "Yes, a distraction." Even saying the very word seemed to bring the vampire a sense of peace. Perhaps she was safe enough here that she didn't have to continue to watch the door. It seemed like the place where only a few ventured to and it was well enough off the map that she doubt anyone looking for her could find it.

"Oh...it sounds like you work a lot then." She pressed, him capturing her curious nature in way that almost pressed her lips to inquire just what he did for a living. The questioned seem posing and to personal to inquire about just yet. After all, they only just met.

"Cheers." She spoke, forgetting the door altogether and by this point as she lifted her wine glass upwards, gently clicking the side of his own glass while her eyes moved to study his. There was a sense of curiosity that surrounded the man. Still, she was careful not to pose. For asking questions made an invisible door open that welcomed counter parting questions and she wasn't quite so ready to divulge such information.

Rei brought the rim of the glass up to her red lips and lightly tilted her head back, taking in a sip of the wine, and swallowing, before lowering the glass. "Do you come here often?" She inquired, feeling foolish for asking such a lame question but posed it anyway.

bickz_'s Senpai

Taken Seeker

"Six days a week. I travel a lot too." From how he was dressed she could infer he was some sort of businessman. Probably here on a quick trip before departing to another locale in the world. "No it's the first time I come here. Reminds me a little bit of back home." A quaint little village in the British Isles where the most interesting topics in the pub were about football and such. "Do you feel the same maybe?" Thomas asked the woman. He could sense her supernatural nature. Creatures such as themselves loved having a piece of the old world close at hand. Maybe not this kindred, for all he knew she was still a little girl compared to the man in front of her who had seen empires rise and fall as cliche as it sounded.
Her soft smile faded lightly as her features turned stoic once more as she thought. Even in their stoic nature they were beautiful. "The Brittish Isles..." She mused, thinking if her Sire had mentioned anything of such before he vanished. She calmly shook her head as she reached the conclusion. He never mentioned such but the two had been to Africa before. "I can't say I've ever been." She explained. Her attention had settled and the anxiety she felt from those who were still hunting her had also diminished. She had been running for so long, simply trying to survive and to lose those who killed her Sire from her own track, that it took her a while to catch her breath, sort to speak.

"Isn't that exhausting? Six days a week?" She inquired, boldly voicing a bit of her opinion on the situation. She could never imagine working so hard. It was then that she took the time in taking in his whole appearance. Her lavender orbs glanced over his body in a quick motion before they returned back to his own orbs. A Businessman. That could explained why he worked so hard. "Then here's to you, working hard and finding good company at a quaint little bar." She offered, raising her glass once more into the air, proposing her own cheers of sorts.

bickz_'s Senpai

Taken Seeker

He nodded in affirmation. Only having a day off was his life now. A necessary sacrifice he told himself. But the benefits of his labor were shown in his spending. Even now offering the lavender-eyed vampire a drink was nothing. Thinking about it made him feel haughty but it just the way things were. "Yes fine company." He gave her a wink before he settled on eating the rest of his ice.
Rei smiled once more, producing that lovely little smirk as the corner of her lips pulled, tugging the lips to form likely, before she brought the glass back up to her lips. Another drink commenced before she lowered the glass. She couldn't help it. She was a curious creature when she was mortal and it still remained a characteristic of hers regardless of just how hard she tried to hide it. "Can I ask you something?" But first, a precaution. "Do you know Shentay or Marcel Yaklov?" She would inquire, hinting at a very important piece of her puzzle. After he would admit to not knowing them she would respond with a mere nod.

"They are not of importance." She admitted. Though in truth Marcel was the man who was responsible of turning her from mortal to what she was today. A sire who had been killed by those who did not like him in his mother's throne after she had passed. For now, Rei was the Queen and there were those that didn't agree with that as well. It was why she was running. Just being a newly changed vampire wasn't enough she had her life to worry about on top of that.

"So tell me..." She began, lowering her glass back onto the bar's surface. "What do you do that causes you to work and travel so much. Are you an investor?" She asked, tilting her head lightly to the side as she spoke, curious as she's ever been with the man who had cheers her and to the man that was becoming worthy company.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff