((No one but us peepers razz ))

6,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
{{ great! now that i can sit for a spell i'll send in someone! }}

Hallowed Warrior

User ImageUser Image

"I would too, please!" The girl blurted out, grateful that Mr. Park had practically read her mind. It was best for her to pay sooner, rather than later. Llora sensed some unspoken doubts from the co-owner, but couldn't fault him for it. Her appearance was far from extravagant. The same could not be said for The Black Hound, but funds were the least of Llora's worries. "Um... How much per night?"

Her dimples were flushed pink, partially from the drink, though the woman's kindness added to her rosy complexion. She was slightly more comfortable with these two, but still remained wary of the gentleman. Even so, the one-legged girl was all smiles. Shifting around in her barstool, Llora slipped her arms out of her jacket sleeves. Her right leg wasn't long enough to reach the floor while she sat, so she made sure not to lose her balance. How embarrassing it would be to fall off her stool! She bit the edge of her lip just thinking about it. Llora took the candy cane from her drink and stuck it into her mouth.

Splaying a hand on the counter for support, Llora leaned over to rummage through her bag again. From it, she removed an old wallet, where she placed her identification card. It was leather, yet had a bizarre texture to it. Even an expert skinner would have difficulty ascertaining the animal it originated from. Inside, another card waited to be used. The thin, opaque plastic was jet black, lined with intimidating gold numbers. It linked Llora to an account containing her grandfather's inheritance; his last gift to her.

While she had no immediate source of income, she rarely had trouble finding work. The city of Guīchéng was still vastly unfamiliar to Llora. Hopefully, it was just as foreign and confusing to her pursuer.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hallowed Warrior

(( Welcome, Afro! 3nodding ))

6,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
ӈɑʀζϵɣ ȘɱɩϮћ
...Trying to bend the truth
Lying my way from you...

User Image

"Ugh.. ugh.. ughughugh!"

Harley stomped down the street, a frown on her face. She was angry, that much was obvious. But not at anyone else, at herself. For, once again, trusting some sweet looking person to help her out. This time it was directions. She simply asked if there was a decent place she could stay. And the person told her to follow the cobblestone. And she did.. and did.. and..

"Why did I listen to him? I mean.." she gestured wildly at everything around her, then at the street. "It's just a few blocks! Don't worry! You'll find it!" she mocked. The few people on the street steered in a different direction once they caught sight of the ranting and flailing woman.

"Look for the dog! You can't miss it. CAN'T MISS IT MY AS-"

Finally, her eyes landed on what looked to be a dog shaped structure not too far away. At the end of the street actually. "Oh." she blinked. Maybe her trust wasn't misplaced. Grinning, she quickly ran the last few feet towards the tavern and darted inside. Her eyes first landed on the stairs, and then at the bar. She wasn't really wanting a drink, but a room.

She spotted a few people at the bar, and figured, why not. Walking over, she set her bag on a chair and smiled friendly at them. "Not to intrude, but if anyone could help me with a room, I'll be happy."

...Remembering condescending talk of who I ought to be
Remembering listening to all of that and this again,
So I pretend up a person who was fittin' in
And now you think this person is really me...

Threads: Colourful~
'Tude: A bit tiffed

{{ OOC: Why thank you Maiyo! <3 }}

Newbie Regular

S e u n g - Y u n || P a r k
Co-owner of the Black Hound
The storm tiger

User Image
At Juliet's response Park chuckled. "The bus is for the birds." His remark came rather bluntly but he continued on with his explanation. "If you have to use mass transit such as the bus don't take the one's operated by the city as they only have a small number of routes. They basically go in giant circles around areas where other better options for public transportation like trams, monorails, light rails, etcetera can't be built." The native told his employee. "Take the light buses, you know the minibus." He said hoping the concept wasn't as foreign as she was.

"They're own by small businesses, kinda." In other countries small meant small, here... well here the family run operation wasn't exactly tiny. "But competition makes the fares cheap and the routes plentiful. Just take note that they don't go downtown. No private vehicles are allowed there. You can skirt around the area but the private police aren't known for their kindness." Such was the folly of hiring mercenaries. Alas Guīchéng was like that. A giant mass of urban life close to mimicking the cyberpunk literature of the past. Those with money could do anything.

Speaking of money Park paused his conversation soon after the girl beamed with happiness at his offer. Her forwardness made him break into a small smirk. Now this was a customer he liked, straight to the point. Many an adventurer liked to get a room, then pay. No, the proprietor didn't take that. Pay upfront or get out. Such was business for Mr. Park. "Miss Juliet can you look down and find the laminated paper with the rates for the different level of rooms and give it to the young lady please."

As she as asked the man was ready to reply to her remarks about the local market when the door opened once again. Another being of the fairer sex, and a blonde at that. Maybe today was going to be one of those days that were the opposite of a sausage fest. "Welcome." Park said before taking a good chug of his orange juice. "We can help you with finding a room. We're mostly vacant as of now." He told the newcomer as his brown eyes turned to Juliet. She would have to give the rates to the newest blonde after the disabled girl.

Tipsy Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ω Juliet Smith Ω

User Image

"Yeah, I can make that!"

“Great!” She exclaimed, not being able to help herself nor the excitement of just learning the younger one would be staying within the same building as herself. The fact that they could possibly be seeing each other multiple times made her smile. She liked this one, felt more like a younger sister, had she actually had any other siblings, and her spirit was simply magnificent. Perhaps, this is what only children went through. Growing up was never easy being an only child. Recalling how many times her parents warned her to leave them be after begging them about having a little brother or sister. Damn her luck, or her parent’s inability to birth another child. Either way, she had no other siblings.

“Hmm. Good point, dear.” She exclaimed, her attention fully turning towards the owner of the bar and, currently, her new boss. She wondered how much a room would cost and, as if he was reading her mind, Mr. Park diverted her attention to a laminated sheet of paper located around her knees. Pulling it out from it’s spot, and laying it in front of the Patron in front of her, of which she was still enjoying, she began to read the priced upside down as well. A secret skill of hers. “These prices aren’t bad.” She commented, her brown eyes still scanning over the sheet until she heard the front door opening.

“Howdy!” She exclaimed in her most friendliest voice, though hardly a country accent was present. “What can I get for you, doll?” She asked. Her question only to be answered by the recent search for another room, just as she and the other Patron were looking for. “Here, dear. You can share this with us. We’re looking over prices as well.” She mentioned, her eyes gleaming at the newly arrived lady who, at the time, did seem a bit flustered at the time. Juliet had hoped this would help. The lift of her eyes, staring now at her boss, Mr Park, narrowed slightly as she spoke again. “And where were you when I first boarded the bus on my way here?” She inquired, smirking as she did so. Surely, she could have used his help then, with the information about the transportation and how it really worked in this city. Of course, the note about the cops was a helpful hint. Though she never really planned on venturing downtown alone.

Wearing:Mmm. Leather
Theme song: You fit me better than my favorite sweater
O.O.C: And...bed time. Nighty night all!

Desirable Millionaire

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
A woman, tall like the buildings of the district around her, and just as mysterious haunted the streets in silence.

She walked along the sidewalk, hardly making eye contact with anything but her boots. She seemed in a hurry with a rugged briefcase in hand. The case matched her vintage attire of a white lace top, brown leather corset around her waist, and some dark pants. The only thing connecting her to a modern world. Her ginger hair was pulled up in a bun and mousy features held no makeup.

Vivian had a great directional sense, and after getting some advice from a stranger, was on her way to quench her thirst. "Perfect," A sweet voice commented to herself as she found her way and stepped inside making her way into a lively bar. The woman took haste in finding a seat and setting her briefcase in her lap. Blue eyes traveled around the room, and then to the alcohol. Time to unwind.

But what to have? She squinted, not having the best eyesight can do that to you.

Newbie Regular

The storm tiger

User Image
And that made four lovely women at the Black Hound. That was until his bartender unexpectedly took a short leave as her cellphone rang. Being the benign dictator that he was today Park waved the woman off and slipped back behind the bar. "Now if what you see accommodates your needs then I will be happy to give you all your keys." The co-owner said as he took a second to reach for his OJ and take another sip.

Placing the near empty glass down the man busied himself in the short time he had by disappearing under the counter and popping back up just in time to give the first key in his right hand and demand payment with the tablet in his left. The bar had no register, the heavy thing had been dumped as soon as the newest, sleekest electronic tablet and needed apps came into Park's notice. Setting the key next to the tablet the man turned his gaze on the newest patron. "Hello there. What can I offer you."

((Quick post, Iris had to log off.))

6,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
ӈɑʀζϵɣ ȘɱɩϮћ
Lying my way from you...

User Image

"Score!" Harley shot her fist out, as she grinned from ear to ear. Found a nice place to stay, her luck was turning around; Finally. She opened the bag, intending to find her wallet. Her eyes darted up towards the other woman as she spoke. "Groovy, everyone lookin' for a room." she grinned. Stepping over towards the kind woman, she peered over at the rooms offered.

"Uhh. All I need is a room- cheap room." she laughed. "Spending too much money as it is." she pouted. She wasn't really picky when it came towards a place to sleep. If it wasn't outside, then it was amazing. If it had running water, it was even better. "I'm not picky, or anything." she gave a limp shrug. "I.. just need to get back on my feet." she spoke softly.

Once again she pulled open her bag and finally found her wallet. "I assume you guys take plastic money?" she opened her small wallet. She was low on actual money, but had plenty of cards she could use. Well, she hope she could use. But hey, they didn't need to know that.

'Tude: perkin' back up

Desirable Millionaire

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
[[ Sorry, I had phone call. ]]

She smiled at the man.

"Oh yes, some white wine please?" She asked this like a bird calling out in the afternoon. Miss Swan loved a good glass of wine and some light reading. However, her book had been left at home, and a keen blue eye glanced at her watch. Upon the gesture, a scorpion tattoo was revealed on her wrist. It seemed Vivian was not so straight laced.

She was as fidgety about time as the white rabbit in Wonderland.

Hallowed Warrior

User ImageUser Image

As more people shuffled through the front doors, she began to feel uneasy. Taking a long swig from her peppermint drink, Llora shrugged her jacket back onto her shoulders. It made her feel safe. She quietly tugged at the hem of her dress in an attempt to cover her amputated thigh. Mr. Park seemed pleased by her eagerness to pay upfront, though it was slowly turning into an eagerness to disappear.

From the corner of her good eye, Llora observed the blonde. She wore her hair in dreadlocks, and her clothes were colorful and loud. The nebula design on her hoodie piqued Llora's interest, but she couldn't find the words for a decent compliment. Either way, the woman seemed like she was in a hurry. Perhaps it was best not to bother her. Llora slid the credit card from her wallet, and passed it to Juliet. Only then did she notice the next customer with blazing red locks. Her order was wine.

The small girl looked down at her own drink, appearing rather sober for how full—or on this occasion, how empty—the glass was. All at once, Llora found herself surrounded by women far more beautiful than she could ever hope to be. She fell quiet, but did not show any further signs of discontent.

Jealousy was poisonous, and Llora knew better than to let it consume her. Instead, she distracted herself with thoughts about her new room. If it was anything like the main floor, it would undoubtedly be gorgeous beyond compare. She was most excited about laying in a bed, for what seemed like the first time in weeks. Really, all Llora wanted was some time to relax. Her mind trailed back to the strangers around, making her tense. Her pale fingers coiled around her steel crutch, and pulled it closer.

- - - - - - - - - -

Newbie Regular

The storm tiger

User Image
"Here you go." Park said towards Llora as he passed the credit card back to the young woman. Before she had time to put her plastic card back into it's safe spot a keycard was placed beside her now empty drink. "Heading upstairs won't be a problem will it?" He asked with a hint of concern for the girl before having his attention moved towards the next customer.

The Black Hound wasn't exactly disability friendly. The old building was straight out of an old tale with elves, orcs and what have you. Of course it's exterior hid the posh and regal bar and modern accommodations in the second floor, nonetheless a ramp, and elevator for those unable to move around as easily as he could wasn't put into consideration when the place was renovated.

"We take all forms of payment." Park said in response to the woman looking for a cheap room. "And I do mean that." He added rather ambiguously as he pointed at the attachment connected to the tablet that was the cash register. With luck the machine wouldn't deny her and instead with a quick input of a pin number and a signature she would find a key quickly handed over. "Would you care for a drink?" He asked as he turned around and went on to look for the white wine the redhead asked for.

Wine wasn't the Korean's forte... the man had to walk the length of the bar counter and back before finding the requested item. Hey, at least the tavern had some good wine. Luck would have it the bottle presented to the woman with the tattoo before being placed down on the counter, a wine glass appearing a few seconds later. "So can I guess you will like a room to?" He asked before turning his ever present gaze on the entire room.

6,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
ӈɑʀζϵɣ ȘɱɩϮћ
Lying my way from you...

User Image

Harley watched as the other woman easily paid for the room, and finally saw her. Instantly she felt her heart crumble a bit. She wanted to help the disabled woman. She looked young, very young, and to already have a disability. That had to be so hard on her. Harley wanted to help; badly. But she knew better than to rush over and coddle the woman. If she needed help, she would, if not she'd stay out of her way.

Pretty much the story of her life.

Her eyes then darted back to the man. Harley figured he was the owner of the bar. He was the one taking money and such, right? Smiling she held out her card, fingers carefully covering the engraved name. All you could make out was the letters 'Char-', the rest being blocked by her fingers.

"Great!" she chirped happily. With a flick of her wrist she slid the card, and signed. Hoping that no one was really watching her. She could already feel the paranoia settle in. With swift hands she placed the card back into her wallet, "Drink? Umm. I shouldn't- Well no. Water? Water's great." she spoke, seeming a bit nervous now.

Finally taking a seat, she held her bag in her lap, close to her chest. "So.. are you the owner, or just a 'i-do-everything-here' type of guy?" Harley needed to focus on something- anything else, so she wouldn't stress herself out. And small talk seemed like the easiest thing.

'Tude: perkin' back up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas