Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Regular

S e u n g - Y u n || P a r k
Co-owner of the Black Hound
The storm tiger

User Image
Job?

Park narrowed his gaze on the blonde who was free the morbid scene happening above her. "Ah Miss Smith." The man said with a fake smile that came with working in the service industry. "Do forgive me for my superstitions." The co-owner said as he did his best to wave off the awkwardness that lingered. Dropping the faux emotion Park allowed his stony face to return. "As you might know if you've researched, the Black Hound Tavern is said to be built on the site where what I can only describe as a hellhound mixed with psychopomp was first seen in Old Town."

Mr. Park did expect the blonde to have done her homework. That was if she was the Ms. Juliet Smith who had applied for one of the open bartending positions online. Alongside the run of the mill questions the online application did have several rather 'unique' ones. The one Park was referring to, number 7D asked about being okay with working in a creepy old a** building. Of course it was worded much better. Barring the ghost that was poking herself above the blonde the Black Hound did have a rather unpleasant a** past.

s**t, one of the many mementos in the bar was an old newspaper alluding to a massacre in the 50's. Good times. Good times.

Speaking on the dead, the man took a small second to look above the blonde, not that she would notice. The way Park's brown eyes were leveled didn't give him away. "Oh do forgive my manners. My name is Seung-Yun Park." He told the two.

Hallowed Warrior

User ImageUser Image

The one-legged girl was tired of running. Her enemy's pursuit was at an end, and so she was left with some time to regain her strength. She turned sharply into an alley, pausing to catch her breath. Staring down the cobblestone path, the edge of her mouth curled into a smile. Better luck next time. Leaning on the crutch under her left arm, the girl sighed loudly, enjoying the reprieve. Dirty, bleached hair fell into her face as she slouched against the wall. Llora wouldn't give up easily; she hadn't for the past six years.

Her current ordeal was less than desirable, but she'd escaped with her life. That was all she needed, in the end, but tonight she felt entitled to a long night's rest. The young girl inhaled deeply, and straightened her posture. Llora's gait was languid and deliberate, even with her handicap. Traveling across wide distances was still enough to exhaust her. As she exited the other end of the alleyway, her one good eye caught a promising sight. The Black Hound, it was just as the old woman had described. Llora's expression perked up, and she was at the entrance in a matter of seconds.

It didn't take long for a look of wonder to replace the triumph on her face. Llora made sure to close the door behind her, but couldn't tear her gaze away from the interior. The decor was stunning. Could she even afford this place? She made a sincere effort to wipe the dirt from her shoe. Hesitantly, the girl weaved between the tables to sit at the end of the bar. There was always safety where others dwelled.

After sliding the bag from her small shoulders, Llora dropped her belongings on the floor next to her. Her leg bounced impatiently in the air, and she kept the crutch nearby. Not looking a day over sixteen, she piped up to the bar tender. "May I have two shots of Burnett's? Blue Raspberry, please."

- - - - - - - - - -

Newbie Regular

The storm tiger

User Image
As he waited for a response the door open and with it the slightest of breezes along with a new customer came in. Now in a city where the 16 year old that seemed to be making passes at you was really around 300 years young seeing a youthful female walk into a bar wasn't the strangest thing. "Welcome." The native of Guīchéng would tell the patron as his ever steely gaze moved from the soon to be bartender and the phantom floating above them. His first attempt at making others see the ghost having failed the man would forgo anymore futile attempts. Instead his efforts were placed on something more important.

"ID please."

Like not serving minors. He did run a professional business after all.

Hallowed Warrior

User ImageUser Image
Llora winced lightly at the man's request, but her friendly smile stayed intact. "Of course," she murmured, twisting around in her jacket to find her card. The girl leaned off her stool to search through her bag. After a couple minutes of fumbling, Llora whisked out the ID card between her fingers. She handed it to Mr. Park, mentally bracing herself for what was to come.

On Llora's identification card, there was a different person. At first glance, the contrast between the two persons made it appear counterfeit, but the girl in the photo was no imposter. She had two, dazzling blue eyes that even a low-quality camera could not ignore. Her hair was long and brown. There was more color to her skin, more life to her smile. Closer examination showed Llora's crescent-moon dimples, unmarred. Untouched.

Name: Llora L. Hatchett

Organ Donor.

The girl picked at her nails while she waited for the verdict. Her attitude was nonchalant, but it was difficult to hide her exhaustion. "I was going to ask for Candy Cane, but you probably don't carry that flavor during this time of year, right?" Llora laughed nervously. The identification card was a gift, crafted the most renowned figures of warlock society. So far, it never failed her in these situations. The process of being scrutinized that made her most uncomfortable; it felt like being squished under a microscope.

Llora would not make eye contact with the man until her card was returned. She didn't want to watch as he compared her to the old, laminated photograph. Her mind was racing. It doesn't really matter what he thinks, Llora thought to herself. He's just a dumb bar tender, I'll probably never see him again.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tipsy Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ω Juliet Smith Ω

User Image

"Yeah, I can make that!"

Being mortal, and completely confused, there was only so much molding that could be done to one’s features. Of course, had she held a rougher past, as her past was rough but not enough, she might have grown up to reflect certain expressions. To disregard them altogether. However, that was not the case. So, thusly, she cantered her head ever so lightly as she still continued with the confused look that traced her features. “Yes, of course…superstition.” She repeated, her voice still cheerful and friendly as she did so. Lightly, she stepped forth, the sound of her heels giving away on the floor beneath them, as she extended her own hand. “A pleasure, Mr. Park.” She responded, noting the culture of the rest of his name.

Her attention, those lovely and dark brown eyes, turned as the front doors parted again. As she beheld the girl, the poor one legged girl, walking in, she felt a rush of pain that caused her heart to drop. The poor dear. The appearance of the girl caused her smile to faltered, just slightly, as she turned her attention back to Park, not wishing to stare at the younger on. Moving to the side, just as girl approached the bar, Juliet grew silent. She hadn’t had the job yet and, in butting in, it would appear rude. Naturally, she took a seat at the bar, just one down from the girl, and waited.

There, she observed the owner, this Mr. Park, take an order and, proudly so, ask for her id. She did appear younger than twenty one years, Much younger. Juliet observed the exchange of the id, leaving the girls hand and finding it’s way into the owner of the bar, before her eyes moved to the fidgeting nature of the other’s behavior. A knee bounce, the picking at her nails, all movements for something containing an uncertain outcome. Was the id a fake?

Wearing:Mmm. Leather
Theme song: You fit me better than my favorite sweater
O.O.C: Howdy lovies ^.^!

Newbie Regular

((I've caught the flu. :/
Don't feel well. I will post tomorrow fo sho' though. Happy belated Thanksgiving.))

Tipsy Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
((You poor thing!!!! sad !!! Get better soon and Happy belated Thanksgiving to you as well, dear ^^!! Now, go feel betters!))

V_B0MBER's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

VEEB0MB3R
((I've caught the flu. :/
Don't feel well. I will post tomorrow fo sho' though. Happy belated Thanksgiving.))

{[ ooc: aw, feel better soon! mayhaps i'll actually post in here soon ^^ ]}

Hallowed Warrior

((Phew, so glad this thread didn't die. Get well soon.))

Newbie Regular

The storm tiger

User Image
Was his new bartender a bleeding heart? Park guessed so by the way he noticed the smile disappear as soon as the disabled girl walked in. As the blonde kept an eye on them the co-owner to was observing her reactions. It seemed today Mr. Park would be kind enough to give a reprieve to the two ladies.

"We probably do in fact." The man said as he tried to make eye contact only to be refused by the supposed 21 year old female. Now as a professional businessman the strange I.D. would be carefully inspected until he was sure he had never seen one of it's kind before. From there on he would kneel down to grab the heavy, large binder that served as the physical catalog and place it on the counter. If the scrutiny hadn't scared off the lass the man as he moved to turn the binder open would allow his eyes to leave his procedures and onto the blonde in leather.

"Serve the girl. Her I.D. checks out."

Pause.

"Then get behind the counter. You're hired. You're first real duty will be to make be a virgin screwdriver." The man asked of his newest employee as he handed the identification back. "Leave the binder on the counter though, it might be time to update the thing." A small smile that came with an inside joke formed on his lips. "Last time anyone opened it seemed to be at the turn of the millennium."

Rip.

Off came the ancient sticky note of a long forgotten reminder.

Tipsy Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ω Juliet Smith Ω

User Image

"Yeah, I can make that!"

Her brown eyes continued to rest on the girl before she forcefully pulled them away, moving to something random, say a stool, to her side, as she tried to appear busy in another sense. A bleeding heart? Perhaps, but she would try not to show it. It was horrible timing. Trying to get hired, then appearing weak in front of your plausibly new boss. Still, she couldn’t help but melt for the girl. Her pain. Whatever happened to make her the way she currently appeared. Thankfully, he spoke first. This Mr. Park had brought the worry of her mind, the sadness, and pushed it all to the side. ‘Serve the girl’. Did that mean..?

Yes, yes it did. He was giving her the job. Her features, already beautiful and stunning, illuminated with a mixture of professional happiness. Nodding, and tossing a few of her curls to the side, she moved from where she currently stood and made her way around the bar, entering where the bar itself was not completed, a gap, before she tapped her way fully behind it. Her heels gave way to her location until she came around, facing the younger girl from the other side of the bar. “A candy cane, then?” She inquired, her tone nothing special. There was no accent behind it, no natural seduction. Just an overall friendly voice.

Turning, she nodded at her boss, noting the virgin screw driver as her smile grew only slightly more. A mixture of great juices then. Perhaps this bar tender, was not like the others she had worked for. Many of them enjoyed their liquor to the point where they rarely made a profit. She could certainly respect a man, a boss, who didn’t drink away his income. “Of course, Mr. Park.” She sounded, her smile never vanishing, nor fading, in the slightest.

Immediately, she began to work. Seeking out the Crème de Cacao, a stunning medium size blue bottle, peppermint schnapps, and some grenadine for color. She would mix all into a stunning and metallic mixer, before placing the mix into a highball glass where she topped it off with cream and 7-up while glancing about. A candy cane caught her eyes, the perfect garnish to her drink combination. Unwrapping the candy cane, she placed it along the side of the glass, lightly hanging off, before she gently pushed the glass forth, leaving it in front of the younger woman in front of her. “Here ya go, Doll. Let me know what you think, alright?” She ended, while her hands were already busy creating her next drink. A virgin screwdriver. It was a cute drink, even for the bar owner. Nodding, she moved to grab some orange juice and, after filling a tall glass with ice, she added the juice, serving it up nice and cold, before sliding it over to him. “Did you want grenadine in that, Mr. Park?” She asked, again, with only a friendly and professional voice.

O.O.C: Howdy lovies ^.^!

Hallowed Warrior

User ImageUser Image

Relief washed over Llora's face, grinning as her card was returned to her. After some talk about a job, the nearby woman stood. It took Llora a few moments to make the connection, soon realizing that the other customer had just been hired. On being addressed, she nodded. "Yes, please." As Juliet turned to make her drink, Llora glanced towards the front windows. This place was gorgeous, warm, and welcoming. It had everything she needed, but her smile dropped slightly. Was it safe here?

"Congratulations on the job!" Llora tried to spark some conversation. Some idle chitchat would calm her nerves. At the very least, it'd put her in a better mood. It was difficult to appreciate a good drink in silence. She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, watching in awe as Juliet passed her drink. Her expression instantly lit up. The new barmaid was clearly experienced in her craft.

Before reaching for the glass, Llora bowed her head slightly. "Thank you, ma'a—" she caught herself. Thankfully, the woman appeared too occupied making the man's drink to notice. Llora quietly took a sip. The sweet mint concoction soothed her throat, warming her insides. "Woah, it's delicious!" And it was. She hoped a compliment would impress her boss. Llora looked over to him, still smiling. Was now a good time to ask about lodging? One look at Juliet reveled how eager she was to please. No. It was best to allow her time to become acclimated with her surroundings. Llora didn't want to interrupt again.

- - - - - - - - - -

Newbie Regular

The storm tiger

User Image
Leaving the uncomfortable position of bartender to his newest hired help Park sat down not far from where he had been on the other side. With a stool or two keeping him at arms length from both women the man fell back to being the passive co-owner content with keeping and eye on things. Working was hard, supervising and drinking sweet juice was a much easier task after all. Tall glass of OJ sliding down his way a quick hand shot out onto the counter and snatched the drink. "Thank you Miss. Juliet." He told her with a curt nod before taking a sip and setting the glass back down.

"Would the two of you be interested in room and board?" Park asked, eyes on the pretty blonde in leather. He was certain she needed a place to stay and he did give a small discount to employees. The other girl, the younger looking one. Well she didn't seem to have money to afford it. But drab looking aside the man didn't want to insinuate anything by leaving her out of his offer. "This Tavern has a small offering of foods, depending on what our chef gets from the local markets, but I assure you it is of the finest quality."

((Hello Iris!))

Tipsy Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ω Juliet Smith Ω

User Image

"Yeah, I can make that!"

“Hey! Thanks, sweetheart!” Juliet would chime back as she responded to the girls reaction to her getting hired. She was already taking a liking to this one. She was sweet, polite, everything Juliet could hope for in a Patron. The newly hired bar tender continued to smile at the girl while dark brown eyes watched for her expression. The drink itself, beautiful and perfectly matched with contrasting colors, red and white, was always more appealing based on color alone. However, it took a worthy bar tender to know that added personality with correct technique is what made them a star bar tender. Ergo, her.

A light chuckle surpassed her parted and red painted lips as she younger patron in front of her exclaimed her delight in the drink. She liked it. More so, Juliet was able to catch on to exactly what she was doing. “I’m very glad you enjoy it, my dear.” A part of Juliet had hoped this one would stay around, at least, stop in from time to time. Hearing the owner, and her newest boss’s, words brought her attention to turn to the man who just recently caught the glass of sliding juice.

“I would be. Most def! Working here and staying here would be easier on bus fare.” She explained, recalling the two hour bus trip, the smaller cab ride, then the walk here. Not that she minded. It was promised to pay well and, after hired, a board would be the frosting on her cake. Or was it the cherry on the muffin? Something of that nature. “A local market?” She called out, her smile growing slightly as she felt her mouth water. A place to stay and the offering of food. Surely, she was hired into the perfect spot! “I’m in Mr. Park.” She sounded, thrilled to have food as well. Though her eating habits were a bit unusual, never touching red meat, they served her and her body well.

O.O.C: Hai dear! ^.^!

Married Wife

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
{{ is anyone still here?

I wanna bring in a character... soon }}

Quick Reply

Submit