Welcome to Gaia! ::

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

Shadow was nearly blown away with her words. He wanted to roll with laughter. She beat herself up more than he attempted to beat herself up. Man, did he have this warping effect on people? Just a few words, a few notions of reaction, the man seemingly crippled lifetimes of hope, glimmer, and attitudes. Shimmering, the feelings of home would quake right off their ******** foundations. He wanted to say much, but she seemingly wanted to let things be empty further than he attempted at them. This was the first time he had attempted to challenge her with such methods, all the other were on her.

"Ha. Ha." He paused, taking another draw of his cigarette and then ashing it out in the near by ashtray.

"Haha!" He busted out, turning his head and body away from her, bending over laughing. His laughter continued and he rolled with this amusement he found. He pulled up straight and then began to walk away, heading for the door.

"Oh joy! Haha. Someone claims that... Haha!" He interrupted himself with more laughter.

He wasn't leaving, although it appeared that he was. He was just headed outside for a moment or at least to the doorway.

Demonic Waffles

Lord Arrion

Kat practically needed to get drunk for this kind of emotional stand off. It was like watching a really intense movie. Though, you know, she was the awkward one out, standing in the corner, drinking her wine and blood. No harm to it, she feared even trying to put any imput in. Both of them seemed very set in their ways. So she did as she would normally with a quarrel, as long as they were not fighting physically she would simply start another cig.

Laughing? Now he was laughing?

Dreamer opened her mouth slightly and shook her head with some dumbfounded disbelief. Here she was, trying to apologize, attempting at least, and he was laughing. Well, then again she was basically throwing in the towel, but what more could she say? Every time they ran into eachother privately he rubbed her nose in the same facts: You're not the same, you used to be different, you left me and gave yourself to someone else.

The break down of it all was that she didn't want to lose him, he was one of the only people that knew her past more then anyone. He was an ally, a friend, even more to what was basically divulged from her past. However it was increasingly hard to fight her way out of a brick wall, especially when he was set in his convictions. How did he want her to go about it? Tell him he's an idiot? She tried that. Tell him she has no idea what's going on? Yeah, that too.

For a moment she was a little perplexed on what to even say to him.

He was wandering out the door, she started to frown in his direction.

"Shadow, do you want things to stay the way they are?" It was a simple question to pick at his brain.

"Cause I'm fine with that." There wasn't much of a direction she could go in.

Not really with anyone at this point, she was burning bridges left and right because she didn't understand. Maybe a different method, "What do you want to see coming out of this?" Another simple question. Maybe a critique would help assess the situation.

Katarjena's Waifu

shadow_dreamer

When Shadow got to the door Dreamer would speak, though quick and to the point. While she spoke he'd stop his laughter and dig for another smoke from his pockets. Producing a single 'cancer-stick' while his back was facing her, and began to light it. Flick. Flick. Psssh. The smoke moved overhead, while he remained quiet during this process before replying to her. He took a draw and then removed the cigarette between his right hand's index and middle finger in order to speak. Pushing smoke out as his words flowed.

"It matters not what I want. It only matters what I had." Cryptic, go figure. No direct answer, as usual, the man would open the door and step out, but paused with the door opened for a moment.

Sure, it could be taken that he wanted nothing from her. Maybe it was the game? Maybe it was the lure of being chased? The thrill, though it was hardly warranting of any vein-shaking motion. The blood, it was so stiff. Snap the bones and push it into the grinder. It wasn't going anywhere. True to his convictions? Not always, but he'd sure as hell stand to his notion. Hell, maybe she'd understand it once she had her mind pieced together.

He'd head outside for some fresh air. He had paused for a moment as if to say more and/or hear what she had to say. Instead, he just quickly closed the door behind him interrupting anything of the such. Rude of him.

Demonic Waffles

Dreamer flat lined, she wasn't going to chase.

How could she with all of the collected damage that would remain. For a moment she fell silent and watched as he quickly, ran away again. Maybe he didn't see it that way, but he sure as hell wasn't going to confront her again.

'It matters what I had.'

Fine, be stuck in the past, she huffed to herself.

Things were going to stay, was what she assumed. Those barriers would draw a line.

Dreamer stomped her sock foot onto the ground and gripped her firsts. "I just want to punch him sometimes.

"Well that's normal." Kat leaned her head to the side as she rested it on the palm of her hand.

"I just! I don't get it! I'm not meant to get it, clearly!"

Kat only shrugged a little, "I'm Switzerland."

With that the demon turned foot and plopped herself on to the couch. These days, despite what people thought, she was able to squash emotions pretty quickly. Her colder side tended to come out more because she felt there was no responsibility in having to have any kind of 'feelings' for people. When she did catch herself going a couple feet forward towards someone, it was quickly killed. Whether they killed it, or she did, it didn't matter. What the fact of the matter was, was that she couldn't recall any emotions she had for these people.

Not friend, not family, not lover.

It was easy to be defensive when she didn't know what she even really felt anymore. Maybe before she had all of this done she would have felt the sympathy a mother would when losing a child, or sympathy towards losing a husband, or watching someone walk away. But those were all just new emotions, and sometimes even felt a little programmed in her, fake, if you will.

Katarjena's Waifu

Shadow stood now on the upgraded porch. He was going to be left outside for a bit and smoke his cigarette away. He enjoyed the cold temperature and things were getting a little too heated there for a moment. He needed to gather thoughts, as the woman did anger him. However, he was sure he angered her. He was indeed being emotional over her. Something Arrion's body was 'causing him to do. Something he had been growing accustom to ever since he had taken over this body. However he fought it, it somehow worked it out. Then again, he's been with her since the beginning of this body.

Things were always chaotic between these two, as Shadow desired the Assassin female known as Dreamer. He wanted a partner in crime, but things seemed to of unfolded further than he had imagined. Things ensued that he thought were not possible. And things called him back, how Nighmere appeared and he need to hunt him down. Above all else, anyone and anything, Shadow would have his revenge. And it didn't start there, and it wouldn't end there either. The puzzle was never complete, and piece it would be revealed to be larger. So fast, the networks stretched and he was but a cog in the machine.

No, things weren't always so chaotic. Back then; there was a time in which he only thought of her. How he somehow found love for her. How he remembered with the blink of an eye being at her side if she called him. That was a different time. But, even he had changed some now and he didn't even know it. He'd blame her, sure, but it was his fault too. He tried to separate all of this, but it was hard as these emotions uprooted themselves from Arrion and into Shadow.

Now this damn fence was chalked up so damn high with everyone's problems, with mission and the focus. With desire and confusion. With things so simply as anger and lust. How did he find himself wrapped with such petty things was beyond himself. Somehow Dreamer made him into something else. Somehow this vessel conducted business of her in a whole other manner.

No, things weren't always so different. These two never fought, not like this. Never were pitted against one another. They were always side-by-side. How things have changed. How it all played through his mind as he smoked more of his cigarette. He played back the last time he had seen her. There she was, beaten and bruised. She thought he was a ghost, and Shadow aided her world and picked her up. It was back at his place, several years back. She hadn't seen him in quite some time, nor him her, and she must of been through rough times. He was... he was just always so caught up in his business. Things that needed to be done. Things had to be done. It was a record skipping, but always moving.

As he smoked, the imagine of those two in his room replayed. She was one of the only things he had ever gotten close to. And here he is on the porch being the stubborn one and not taking what he wanted. It wasn't like that though, there was more. He played her last words to him.

"I'm not leaving.. C'mon. Do you know how much I missed you...?"

Words spoken before things lead upwards to his room at the Black Halo. Then he never seen her again for several years.

Katarjena's Waifu

Just as long as we lived it, life would continue to beat us down until we were 'six-feet' under. Still step and claim it high, snatch the pole and plant it feet deep. Claim the land and here comes those to take it from you. Beating fleets back with sheer force of will power. You think you'd remove your mind and sacrifice health to reconcile to everything that dare step to your ******** plate. Survive the battle. Deceit. Deceit. Anger and hate. Move your feet, get off your a**, and try to keep pace.

His lips curved to a smirk. Was it time? Was it loose? Shed the tears and fling the muscles loose, stripping baggage like you weren't intending on carpet-bombing the land. Rewind the hands back and stop the rotor. Put the nose down, you know it's been bad and it needs to learn it's lesson. Warn them all you like, go ahead and claim the next land. Time after time, raise the ground til the flood washed even you under into the rolling rivers.

Step, step. Marching happened as his mind skipped over to another scenery of his life. Centuries ago. It was sickening, that servitude was all for nothing. That dedication and honor, it meant nothing. And the s**t slung so hard it crossed miles and miles; inter-dimensional septic system. And here we are, years forward and it was still smacking a**. How it tilted things so sideways you wouldn't know what was right-side up even if you had a glass of water spilling from your hands or holding it in place.

Make it twice. Sign it again. Get it dirty. Hit the mud twice, indeed. Armor, swords, and helmets - their logos scratched and laying motionless. Shards of helmets scattered about as they just weren't good enough. You couldn't strip the armor off fast enough as the front lines were being torn to shreds. Hell raising actions wiped and the land bowed with disgust. The eyes were not turning back as stomachs would cringe and flip. Oh, it was a different time of testament to one's soul.

I can't tell her, it means nothing now. She knows not. Just take that a** to the flow and move forward. Shift the gears, it wasn't coming on; god damn lights seem to be out. We needed better structuring with this 'housing' structure. Step to the table and turn it upside down. Crack. Crack. Oh, how you wish it wasn't just like that.

He finished his cigarette and pitched it into the snow. His ears rang for a moment as his mind came piecing back to the realty of now, while still bearing that smirk.

Malevolent Muse

(( A post, as promised. I do hope you and Shadow have wrapped things up - I wouldn't want to intrude on the romance drama. xD

Note: I have no idea where anything is relative to anything else, so everything I'm writing is a shot in the dark. Correct me and I'll edit accordingly. In the meantime, I'm going to try to be as ambiguous as possible. >.> ))

It was of his opinion that people simply talked too much, and it seemed like recent events just increased the nonsensical chatter a million-fold. A quiet get-away was very much preferred, and admittedly, there was a part of him that was curious - though perhaps not in the same vein of curiosity as that held by those around him. Demons seemed to prefer the use of curiosity as a form of entertainment, a potentially dangerous tool. The idea made him uncomfortable.

Then again, Hell never really did settle with him as well as he would have hoped.

Sanyi opened the tavern door as noiselessly as possible, practically peeking into the establishment's interior before fully stepping inside. The walk here had been serene, and he always cherished those moments. Sometimes they could be hard to find. The wind had lightly ruffled his soft, short blond hair, the gentle side part not as clean as usual, but he never did care much for fully crafted appearances and didn't bother to fix the mildly disheveled look. Those deep amber eyes scanned the area briefly.

It was really quiet in here. Should that have unnerved him?

For just a moment, he pursed his lips in thought. Perhaps it wasn't terribly unusual of taverns these days, though he couldn't really imagine how they could stay in business. Maybe the owners were just incredibly rich and could manage a sinking economy.

Something about that was saddening.

Regardless, he had thought to give the two women running this place the slightest bit of company. He wanted to see what kind of people they were - what kind of things they thought about, believed in, and stood for. He felt that trouble was bound to find its way into their path soon. Best to do it now before things got too hectic.

Sanyi held something very far from an intimidating presence. His facial features were slightly effeminate, and his build was modestly slender, almost bordering on the frail side. He wore a set of loose-fitting, off-white clothing with dulled golden borders at its edges. At five foot seven, he wasn't particularly tall, but his intentions were never about being daunting - and his demeanor very much reflected that. More often than not, he found that his physical attributes made it easier to get behind people's guards, that facade they so unfortunately put up for everyone around them.

He wanted to engage with people, not smother them.

There was a hardened-looking, black and white haired woman, which he could only assume to be Dreamer, sunken into the couch and looking rather unhappy. Sanyi had to resist forming a frown. So unhappy already?

That wasn't a good sign.

There was another woman, blonde with a rather well-formed, shapely body. He only knew the owner of the bar in brief reference, and he had not been given a name, but she seemed to potentially be the one.

As he approached a distance between the two, he gave a small wave and a gentle smile. A single-word address. "Hello."

His eyes returned to the person he assumed was likely Dreamer, and for a moment, those deep amber eyes just watched her - but his observant pauses were always caring and never harsh. It had the tendency to calm rather than aggravate.

But people could always respond differently.

Perhaps he could start simply. "Did I come in at a bad time? I can always come back later."

Katarjena's Waifu

OOC:

Sure thing.

-Edit.

Katarjena's Waifu

Taking his right foot he'd kick its boot into the porch's sturdy foundation with the shoe's nose. It was actually a series of taps rather than kicking, as if checking the structure or simply entertaining one's self. Maybe even adjusting the inside foot to scoot forward in the shoe as if the boot was too large. That wasn't the case though as his boot fit perfectly snug in placement. After a short moment of this Shadow would simply picked up his other boot and walked, stepping off and away from the porch. He left the Underworld.

Malevolent Muse

Lord Arrion
OOC:

Sure thing.

-Edit.

(( Oh, I didn't mean you had to leave. .___.; I just...I just didn't want to interfere in whatever was going on. The posting seemed to be done, so I thought it was okay.

Shadow can stay. You can stay. x___X ))

Katarjena's Waifu

OOC:

Nothing to worry about.

Demonic Waffles

((Sorry I haven't been around Devi. I should be making a post tonight. Allergies kinda spiraled out of control. Had a ton of HW too. This teacher is picky!))

Malevolent Muse

shadow_dreamer
((Sorry I haven't been around Devi. I should be making a post tonight. Allergies kinda spiraled out of control. Had a ton of HW too. This teacher is picky!))

(( Don't worry about it. <3 This is supposed to be low-key anyway. c: No stress.

Post when you can. <3 c: I look forward to it. ))

Demonic Waffles

Kat whirled around when someone had entered the Underworld, another? Tonight it did seem busier then most, and while she would just LOVE to stay for Dreamer and Shadow’s quarrel, this man came first. The vampire lifted her face from her hand and straightened up.

Meanwhile on the other side of the couch, she fumed.

Somehow she knew he was going to leave like that, not say a word. Oh he got under her skin, she just wanted to yell profanity at him. Maybe stab his ego a little until he whirled around and started a fight with her. Dreamer gripped the back of the couch and clenched her teeth. Kat needed customers and this wasn’t going to help. It bothered her not knowing what he was thinking. Why he made such comments at her, why it bugged her so badly in the first place. There was a piece of her that was forever embedded in him. There was a rift that clearly wasn’t going to get fixed, at least not now. Lighting a fire under his a** was not going to fix anything either.

Instead she huffed and slunk back into the couch, letting Kat deal with whatever person had walked in.

Kat waved to the man for a second, smiling. “A-Ah, don’t mind her.” She tried to alleviate the awkwardness that surrounded her resident. Though the man did seem pretty fixated with her, maybe he knew her? His appearance was unusual; he wasn’t beefed up like many of the warriors that came trudging past here.

“Can I get you something?”

Dreamed leaned up on the couch and grabbed a cigarette from Kat’s pack, popping the menthol at the end. She managed to snatch the lighter and taking a good inhale. As the demon let the smoke roll off her tongue she was slowly calming down. Her pale eyes drifted to the side of her, meeting those of the man who wandered in, though she held him no emotion.

Malevolent Muse

shadow_dreamer
Kat whirled around when someone had entered the Underworld, another? Tonight it did seem busier then most, and while she would just LOVE to stay for Dreamer and Shadow’s quarrel, this man came first. The vampire lifted her face from her hand and straightened up.

Meanwhile on the other side of the couch, she fumed.

Somehow she knew he was going to leave like that, not say a word. Oh he got under her skin, she just wanted to yell profanity at him. Maybe stab his ego a little until he whirled around and started a fight with her. Dreamer gripped the back of the couch and clenched her teeth. Kat needed customers and this wasn’t going to help. It bothered her not knowing what he was thinking. Why he made such comments at her, why it bugged her so badly in the first place. There was a piece of her that was forever embedded in him. There was a rift that clearly wasn’t going to get fixed, at least not now. Lighting a fire under his a** was not going to fix anything either.

Instead she huffed and slunk back into the couch, letting Kat deal with whatever person had walked in.

Kat waved to the man for a second, smiling. “A-Ah, don’t mind her.” She tried to alleviate the awkwardness that surrounded her resident. Though the man did seem pretty fixated with her, maybe he knew her? His appearance was unusual; he wasn’t beefed up like many of the warriors that came trudging past here.

“Can I get you something?”

Dreamed leaned up on the couch and grabbed a cigarette from Kat’s pack, popping the menthol at the end. She managed to snatch the lighter and taking a good inhale. As the demon let the smoke roll off her tongue she was slowly calming down. Her pale eyes drifted to the side of her, meeting those of the man who wandered in, though she held him no emotion.

For a moment, Sanyi just watched Dreamer patiently. What could have gotten her so angry?

The other woman's voice cut into his focus, and Sanyi had to pause a moment to take it in. It was silly to persuade him not to mind someone - she was still a person, after all. People deserved attention.

And from what he had heard, she was even more of a person now than she used to be. Souls were not so easily gained.

He tilted his head towards the other female, taking her in for a moment before responding. The gentle smile never left his face. That was right - he almost had to shake himself to remember - she was the owner. As the customer, he was supposed to order something. "Some hot water or tea would be great," he spoke enthusiastically. He gave a brief glance to Dreamer this time before looking back to the owner. Cigarettes were usually a sign of stress. "Anything you could give her, too?" he asked sympathetically, his voice soft. "To calm her nerves?" Sanyi never did like negative emotions, on himself or anyone else.

His gaze trailed back to Dreamer when he noticed he was being watched. She seemed to be calming down, at least. His smile widened, his warm but deep amber eyes returning her stare point-blank but not with anything even close to animosity. "See something interesting?" His voice almost seemed to ring with a soothing amusement.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff