Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11392405063291 11.4% [ 36 ]
short posts 5-10 0.29430379746835 29.4% [ 93 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.45569620253165 45.6% [ 144 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.085443037974684 8.5% [ 27 ]
Novella's 0.050632911392405 5.1% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 316 ]

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-The Golden Flower-

Dr Queensborough

User Image
<< Asper - Ailsa's Room >>

Jenica reluctantly left Ailsa's room to go in search of a bowl for Ailsa's wound leakage or some jazz. Gross. The only place she figured she could find an instrument like that would be the infirmary. However, when she got there she would find Onyx, Metal and Heiden. She walked right into the room and froze hoping they wouldn't notice her. In fact Jenica tried her best to just turn heel and leave. No go. Onyx called out to her.

"Oi....Jenica, what's up?" she said even hailing her over.

Jenica snatched the kidney tray off of the near by table and held it to her chest as though it was a lifesaver raft.
                                            "Ailsafeelslikeshiteverythingiscool" and then she bolted booting it back to Ailsa's room.

When she got back to Ailsa's room she handed Edward the bowl and went to stand more in the corner of the room with her arms folded to her chest. She would remain silent for the remainder of the time Edward did his thing. She for one felt that a good stiff drink or six after this was definitely in order.

Onyx's face had screwed up with that 'what the ******** was that all about?' Expression upon her face before turnign her attention back to Metal and Heiden.

Aged Seeker

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
((Post coming in a little bit, work was hell and I have to gather my energy before posting.))

┏━━━━━━━━

"I Just Wanna Watch The
Whole World Burn"

Onyx had reached out adn picked the piece of lemon that he had left on the counter and taken it to her lips before biting the sour fruit from its rind. Metal smirked a bit and placed the glass down while Onyx was busy preparing the other two drinks while he slide a second glass towards him; which was soon followed by her comment of where they should be drinking. Looking at her for a moment he was about to down his second one when heiden rushed into the bar area and demanded his mothers attention and her presence. He wondered f he should follow the two of them, well he was nosy anyways so why not? Placing the second shot down along the counter he removed himself from the place and followed behind the boy and his mother. They were going to a place it seemed Metal hadn't been or at least he couldn't remember if he had ever been here or not; it was different when you were immortal wasn't it?

While Heiden threw back the curtain Metal's arms came to cross along his chest while his brow raised. Looking at the dusty looking sign he chuckled a bit and wondered to himself. Thinking that this kid spent more than half the day gathering all the supplies from his mothers room and possibly taking things that didn't belong to him or that needed not be within his hands all to make a shop down within the depths of the Asper. It was amusing to say the least, Metal just watched as Onyx became overjoyed, well there simply was a sight, a rare occasion for Metal to see at least. Mother and son had a brief conversation about the latter's life and the lifestyle that they wished for one another, and then Heiden spoke out about Metal having been a merchant. His brow raised once more and glanced to Onyx for a moment before turning his attention back to some bottle of some sorts, hopefully she wasn't staring at him. "So...you plan to let just anyone on the ship?" He questioned, there was of course good reason, but he was a little surprised to find that they'd allow such a thing, or at least entertain the idea.

"Show me someone innocent
I'll show you there's no proof."

━━━━━━━━┛

Attire: Human

Aged Seeker

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
arrow Ailsa's Room

Ailsa Graystone

Ailsa was in pain, but she was good at hiding it. When the man brought his hand to brush against her tanktop strap to exam the wound she couldn't help but flinch. She didn't like people getting this close and personal to her, especially someone that she just met. Ailsa knew that she shouldn't be that way around a Doctor and she also had Jenica with her to help keep her calm. She would have to make sure to remember to thank her later.

When Edward (Doctor-What's-His-Name) asked his question Ailsa smirked a little. "Yeah actually, the thing that attacked me did come at me from behind. He, or it, jumped on my back and stabbed me." Ailsa didn't tell him that some guy had saved them from the Figure. She had a wounded enough pride as it was there was no need to add salt.

Ailsa made a face when Edward (What's-His-Name) talked about flushing her wound and when he and Jenica both left Ailsa sighed. She shouldn't have let herself get hurt. She had been out of practice for so long... She was an idiot.

Maybe Ailsa shouldn't have come back to the Asper. She was a weak idiot for thinking she could just come back and be like she was. She took a breath, and calmed herself down. That was the whole reason she was going to Africa, to improve herself and maybe regain some part of herself she felt she lost. She could improve herself.

When the Doctor returned, Ailsa eyed the things he brought out. She wasn't exactly looking forward to having her wound cleaned out. Pain was something she could deal with though so she instead turned her focus to conversation.

"I am not worried about staining the shirt. I have to throw it out anyway." Ailsa shook her head a little. What a waste. "Oh, I'm not human. Not completely, but my body does form scar tissue if the wound is bad enough."

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Loction: Asper ~ ( Bar ) ~ Threads: Casual Business

Oh you so know Onyx was staring at metal. And when Metal voiced his dodging question, she answered it quickly and then got back onto topic.

"It would be exclusive to those aboard my ship. So, Merchant? I never knew this about you as you failed to mention that one...particularly the night in the hot tub." she folded her arms to her chest now. All that was left was the foot taping.

Onyx slowly began to shake her head back and forth. "Tch..." she turned away from Metal to look at her son.

"Thank you Heiden. I love it. I agree, I think it's just the thing we need. But this s**t...this is a no go. I'll get someone in here to fix this up good" she said pointing to the black curtain and metal caging.

Heiden laughed and nodded. Only his mother. He then suggested that they all go up to the bar and have a drink, a toast before heading out. He wanted to go for a run. This feel good moment sort of took her mind from the incident that had just happened moments ago with Jenica away. Agreeing the three of them made their way back up to the bar.

Onyx poured up three shots of tequila and slid the respective two to both Metal and Heiden.
                    "To friends, family, and new beginnings...and new tattoo's"
                    'Aye!' Heiden boasted in pirate traditional fashion. He downed his shot as did his mother but nearly choked catching his mother's last words. "Tattoo!? Are you serious? Let me see." he said after a deep cough or two. Heiden took a look at his mothers tattoo with a soft drawn out whistle. He loved it. "Did it hurt?"

Oni grinned at her son "Well it didn't tickle"

Heiden laughed "Alright well, I am going to head on out for my run now. I'll be back in a bit." he kissed his mother good bye on the cheek. He patted Metals shoulder briefly before leaving. "Make sure my biker mom isn't covered in tats by the time i come back". He was teasing of course. Heiden would make his leave.

Oni shook her head and rolled her eye's. "Pft...biker mom...jeez...it's ONE tattoo not like the little s**t don't have any himself." she flopped her head into her hand as it supported her chin, elbow to the bar counter. She stood on the outside of the bar beside metal. Well now what?
arrow Ailsa's room

"Thank you, Jenica." Edward nodded towards the girl as he noted the arrival of the container. His eyes darted to one of the bulb syrinces on the table nearby, grabbing hold of one of them before returning his gaze to Ailsa and her wound. "After I irrigate the wound, I'll perform a thorough cleaning and make sure that if you do have a scar, it will be as small as possible. Fortunately, I don't think I'll have to give you stitches."

The cyberpunk made last minutes adjustments with his posture and the positioning of the bowl. He had to flush out the wound well without ever sacrificing the cleanliness of Ailsa's bedding. It would prove rather difficult for those who lacked experience and deft fingers, but Edward was certainly confident in his technique. Edward would keep things as clean as possible.

"You're going to feel some discomfort," the cyborg alerted Ailsa, maneuvering the bulb syringe to the edge of the puncture. Slowly, Edward pressed down on the opposite end of the syringe with his thumb, pushing the saline out of the syringe and into the woman's wound. He moved the syringe around to every inch of the wound's edge, making sure he got enough of the flush to as much of a comprehensive area as possible. The fluid, as it rushed through the injury, would sting quite incessantly, likely bothering Ailsa far more than the wound ever did. Wound irrigation, clearly, wasn't a painless procedure. But neither was it very neat, though Edward managed to make it as neat as possible surprisingly.

The saline would rush out the wound, taking various properties from within Ailsa's wound with it. The run off would slide down the woman's back, staining both her clothes and skin before falling into the bowl. Throwing out the first bulb syringe, Edward repeated the process two more times, making sure he reached a top-notch level of cleaning. It would be uncomfortable but it wouldn't take too long and it would be worth it.

"So what exactly happened if you don't ind me asking?"

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jenica was watching the procedure very carefully, noting everything being done. Her nose crinkled watching and imagining the pain Ailsa must be in. Jenica actually shivered. Edward it seemed, had some skill. She remained silent and out of the way. The only change came was when Edward asked about how Ailsa procured her wounds. At that moment Jenicas head involuntarily snapped towards her. She caught it and averted her head and attention onto something random. Should...they just lie? Would Edward document the incident for possible future reference? Jenica really didn't want onyx to find out.

This question reminded Jenica of her recent botch up with oni in the Infirmary. She had been a babbling fool. Surely onyx was going to investigate things now. She had a plan though to help explain that babble. Right now however she was having a hard time coming up with a story for Edward that might rationally explain away Ailsa's injury.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff