Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Oni2047's Significant Otter

Eloquent Lunatic

Sitting there looking over at the other two Metal just listened as they spoke about what they wanted to get for a second tattoo, or at least Jenica was. He closed his eyes until the art was finished and then proceeded to stand up. The man went to apply the same stuff to his arm that he had the two girls but Metal just stopped him saying that he hadn't any need for such trivial things. Handing him the rest of the pouch Metal turned and looked at the two girls, his eyes moved from them to his left arm looking down at his bicep looking at the flowing lines of the job. His eyes then turned up and looked at them nodding somewhat as they spoke to him. "Well either way we don't really have time, nor the funds." He spoke and walked towards the door, his hand reached out extending and grabbing the door he nodded back towards the artist mentioning that they'd would most assuredly be back at some point.

Holding the door opened for them again he let them exit first before following them back towards the Asper as they proceeded to move back through the market district, his eyes laying on them as they walked ahead of him, he behind them for his own reasons. As they walked through the streets they would notice a significant decrease in people that were out and about, but that was due to the timing of their latest walk through. The two girls and Metal reappeared back at the ship making their way back up the gangplank and back onto the ships deck. Metal would look at them peeling back the paper that was along their skin and stared looking at the design of their tattoos. "They look good." He nodded and then turned on the base of his heels. His body would moved going towards the back of the ship, heading up the stares while he disappeared from their sight due to height difference. Standing there he looked over the railing and just stared out at the ocean as it moved and swayed the ship.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rini Virunas

User Image
                    User Image

Loction: Asper - 3rd deck hot tubs ~ Threads: N/A ~ With: Rini

'Sold? Wait...had she ever told me about this? Was she a slave of some sort? My God...'

She tried not to shift in the anger the mere thought brought her. She was curious as to the life she was born with which, wasn't uncommon or strange in the least. Onyx knew that the only real way to find that out was to have blood work done by a doctor that dealt with the supernatural species. They existed. She knew this. Rini then revealed that she could do a sort of ghost writing. That was interesting.

"I see. Well, if Doctor Kane was here he could help you out. To find the answers you will have to see a special doctor. I have to ask, why you are seeking these answers? Plain curiosity?" she asked.

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

User Image

Wearing:Water Time

Lithia wondered what Oynx was thinking as she had spoken. Eyes tracing the other woman's face for any sort of sign. Yes, it was all curiosity, she would nod as the woman spoke to her. Rini, smiled softly, wondering if Oynx had ever been told by Heiden what her real name was. Well, Rini was her real name, just not her first name, which was the only thing she that had actually known about herself.

"A special doctor...interesting, but yes, I just want to know, I mean what if I like have kids one day and for some reason they want to know about their culture.....and then no answer to give them"

She looks up at the sky for a moment.

"I am sure I will know one day, my thoughts are odd and it happened on its own"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-The Golden Flower-

User Image
<< Location: Upper Thume ~ >> Wearing: Lounge

Back on deck Metal took a look at their tattoo's. She smiled watching Metal. She was about to thank him for paying for them after he complimented them but he walked away. Jenica blushed slightly.
                                          "He is so calloused on the outside...he paid for our ink..." she looked to Ailsa "We should think of something nice to do for him to say thank you. I got an idea! Let's talk it over, over dinner! I'm so in the mood for Japanese food. There's um, a nice place up in upper thume...wanna come with?" she asked.

Of course she knew that Ailsa wouldn't say no. Jenica would see Heiden and Khoi on deck, clearly busy and so she could afford to go out and have herself some fun. The two would exit off the ship and catch themselves a rickshaw that would take them to upper thume. It was nice sharing a close spot like that with her. She had so many things she wanted to say. What to say first?

"I'm so sorry I hit you but I think it worked. Metal of all people, as much as he is growing on me, has himself a right nasty condition. I think Oni was saying that certain tattoo's he has upon his body help to keep that condition under control. And now that I think about the ink he mixed into our tattoo's...well, it makes it a tad more endearing. Don't tell Metal I said that!" she laughed.

Oh yes, the quiet one, the one with the ears who listens, they end up being the commodity because they have worth and value. They have all the information. Onyx had taught her very very well.
                                          "He can't know about us because if Metal knows then by extension his alternates will know. Even bits and pieces. Which could be very dangerous for us. I never want to have to do something like that again!" she was getting misty eye'd now just remembering the way she looked hitting her. It was so damn awful and she simply felt disgusted with herself for having to do it. Jenica needed to keep it in her head that it was to protect what was blooming.

She shook her head of dark thoughts and emotions. "It...it's nice to be able to go out like this with you without worry. And...now we have matching tattoo's! It's so cool..." she giggled. Her big blue eye's turned to the passing scenery that went from shabby to nice to very nice.

Upper Thume was very well manicured. It actually made you forget that you were on the same damn island. Though, technically it was three separate islands connected by concrete bridges. There was a lot of open land as this area was a lot more scenic, rural. The houses that existed up in this area were large and expensive. The grass was lush and green that faded to that perfect straw yellow as the wheat fields danced in the breeze. The colours were vibrant and amazing. What area that was more urban was like a town center, the spot in which consisted of all shopping and entertainment. In this area existed the most expensive of restaurants, shops, and even included a gorgeous theater that was done up 1940's style. Their destination was a Japanese restaurant called 'Mikado's'.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rini Virunas

User Image
                    User Image

As the mother to the son that she was currently dating, to hear of the subject of children didn't exactly appeal to her. If it was one thing that Onyx was incredibly adamant on, it was that her son was too young for things like having children. Hell, she would prevent marriage at this point too. Understand, for all the things Onyx had been through, seen and done in her extraordinary life, she wanted Heiden to enjoy himself. His life was on par with that of the immortals, as he inherited his fathers genetics as well. His life would be long. To be perfectly honest, she wanted him to date others and experience. He was so young on the scale of immortality. His beloved deceased Dr. Kane had gone down this road in the very same fashion in fact. It had been nothing but a disaster. He ended up having fraternal twins off of a drunken one night stand with a bloody Valkyrie. One in which they hated one another for a while. Luckily for them their love grew...before his untimely death. In onyx's head: No. Just No.

Her yellow topaz eye's flicked down to see Heiden's family ring upon her. She looked away to stare off at...something, anything to focus herself. She could understand Rini's point though.

"That sort of thing IS very important. Especially in the case of something terrible happening to you. Your children need to be left with as much of you as possible. Knowing themselves is the most basic and important things of all. It's why I hid nothing of Heiden's father from him. I just had to appropriate the timing was all." she looked back to Rini now.

"Were you born with the name Rini?" it was an odd name to be certain.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

arrow Port - Tattoo Parlour
Ailsa Graystone // Wearing //

Ailsa nodded in agreement with Metal. It was growing late and the tattoos had cost a lot but maybe eventually she would come back and get another. Maybe. She could see Jenica coming back and getting another tattoo. Ailsa knew she would probably get a pretty one but Ailsa felt a bit inspired by Metal's tattoos and wondered if she should get something tribal. Hm.. Well there was time for that later.

On the way back, Ailsa would talk to Jenica just about random things. Thoughts about the human she killed had been forgotten for a moment. Well not forgotten but faded into the background a bit. Just talking, walking in the quieting port town was nice. No having to look over her shoulder and just... it was nice. Ailsa was really starting to grow pretty attached to this place. She couldn't ever see going back to the manor.

Once on board again, Metal complimented them on their tattoo and then just left. Ailsa had been about to say something but she just closed her mouth instead. Metal. "It is a little strange. Honestly I should be repaying him after today." Then she nodded in agreement with Jenica. "Yeah! That sounds like a great idea. And yeah, Japanese sounds good. Of course I'll come."

Ailsa gave Jenica a bright smile. Like she was ever going to say no to Jenica, especially when it involed going out with her to someplace to eat. She spied Heiden with that boy from before and since they were so busy they could just leave the ship without any trouble. Catching a rickshaw they would head their way to Upper Thume. Ailsa really liked being this close to Jenica. It should happen more often, she thought.

"You have a powerful slap," Ailsa admitted, rubbing her cheek in memory of the hit. "I agree though. I don't want Vincent or any other personality he might have find out. I don't want to think about what could happen."

I don't want anything to happen to you. Ailsa thought, feeling it a bit cheesy to say out loud.

Ailsa looked at her covered tattoo and nodded in agreement. "Its really cool! And the demon is gone and done with and we don't have to worry about being chased. A bit of excitement is good but that's too much!" Ailsa gave a laugh, grinning like an idoit. "So cool!"

Ailsa took in the scenery as they headed from Port, to Main and then to Upper Thume. Upper Thume reminded Ailsa a little of the manor Lance had made for their family and it felt like the type of place he would like, at least a bit. It looked a little rural for his taste. Ailsa enjoyed the place though. She hadn't had a chance to explore it yet, but she would. They pulled up to the restaurant and Ailsa suddenly remembered this was just like the first place in Lockeport she had gone to with Ceaser. She pushed the though away. This wasn't like that. Jenica was... much more special.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Khoi nodded as he stood, his arms dropping to his sides as he silently followed Heiden. Once they reached the deck, he stood about five feet away from the man. His left leg extended as his right side slide back, his right leg bending at the knee, an approximantely 90 degree bend set at an inverted angle. His left arm extended, and right arm bent at the elbow, held back about the lower rib cage. Both hand curled it's fingers down and slightly inward save for the index fingers which were extended in loose hooks. His charcoal eyes narrowed as they looked to the larger man's face. With a simple nod he would show he too was ready. Despite his form being a mostly defensive one, he would take to moving to break the ice. He was given the offense after all. Though it didn't mean he simply had to take it at base value. His aim, would be goading the now opponent into action. Kicking off of his right (back) leg, he would come forth while bending his right leg in his approach. Kicking off of it as well, his left arm drew in as to not get in his way or leave him vulnerable which through a low, flying knee at Heiden's groin. After all, in any fight, it was never too early to go for a cheap shot, especially when one was smaller, coming at a target in a seemingly reckless manner, and even moving his arms as he drew closer as a distraction and precaution over actual usage.

onyx2047

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Peccaminous Peregrine

User Image

As Khoi moved forwards, Heiden pivoted his right foot back, causing a slight draw back. Now he would be like Khoi, left foot leading. Heiden's arms would like-wise change position to mirror, right fist chambered instead. Doing this would immediately block off his groin to connect Khoi's knee to Heiden's thigh. It still hurt but it was nothing in comparison to what the intended hit would have brought. It was going to leave a bruise to be certain.

Now then, In Khoi's kicking motion he brought down his left leading hand which did make him very vulnerable. It left his core wide open. Their bodies were incredibly close now. Heidens left arm quickly reached across to hook around the back of Khoi's head. A hard jerk came as Heiden pulled him down and inwards. Khoi would bend forwards a touch. Simultaneously he released his chambered right fist for Khoi's gut.

Now Heiden wasn't a damn a*****e and this wasn't about beating the s**t out of a thirteen year old. It was about taking the risk that the boy could hurt him. If Khoi was anyone else, a single punch to the gut with his right fist, wouldn't suffice. He would have been under fire from multiple punches to the gut in rapid succession.

However, Khoi was a thirteen year old and a single hard punch would suffice just fine. Khoi's body would be slightly double forwards from the grab and pull down, more so from the weight of Heiden's punch to the gut.

(edited)

Transitioning: Here
                              The Black Smoke There
                              His Current Threads Physical
                              The Flesh Physique

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-The Golden Flower-

User Image
<< Location: Upper Thume - Mikado's ~ >> Wearing: Lounge

"You have a powerful slap," Ailsa admitted, rubbing her cheek in memory of the hit. "I agree though. I don't want Vincent or any other personality he might have find out. I don't want to think about what could happen."

Jenica turned to look at Ailsa. Jenica's right hand reached over caming up to the hand rubbing her cheek. She gently pulled it down and away to hold it. She smiled softly to her looking into her eye's.

"It's not going to happen. I won't let it. WE will do whatever it takes to keep our secret. And I know, it's terrible to have to hide it because we shouldn't have to. But your not human and neither is the ship we live on. If this is the price I have to pay for wanting you the way I do...then I'll happily pay it." she let go of Ailsa and returned to looking outwards to her right, head turned away from Ailsa once more.

She made a little noise in agreement to Ailsa's words regarding being free of the demon, about the right kind of drama and about how cool it was to have matching tats. The cart stopped and the two got out in front of the restaurant. Looking at it she smiled then looked to Ailsa briefly then down to her left hand. Jenica grabbed it into her own. Together they would enter and wait to be seated. Once they were and the menu's came they went through picking out what they wanted. They would talk as slowly the food that they had ordered would come, be placed down as empty dishes were taken away. Conversation between soft gulps of white wine as it went the best with fish and chicken dishes. Eventually their topic of choice would come around to that of repaying Metal.

"Okay so! How do you think we should repay Metal for being so nice? I mean... I didn't see the bill but tats aren't friggen cheap! He paid for both of ours plus his own!" she stated.
                                          "I mean how do you properly pay back a vampire?" she whispered across the table to Ailsa.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

arrow  Upper Thume - Mikado's 

Ailsa stopped rubbing her cheek when Jenica touched it, letting her hand be taken into her hand. She turned to look at her, a smile growing on her face. It only grew with the words she said. Yes, she hated the fact that they had to keep their relationship (their relationship ahhh) a secret but for her she was willing to go through with it. She would love to tell Onyx and Lance and everyone but soon. Maybe. Eventually.

"If we can hide," Ailsa said with a laugh. She wasn't sure how long it would take for someone to notice they were trying to hide something but she also did not care about anyone finding out. Yeah she might get teased a little by the people of the Asper and her brother but it was worth it all in the end. This was just simple.

They made it to the restaurant, Jenica taking her hand before they walked in. They waited to be seated hand in hand. Once seated Ailsa took a bit to order and once the food got to them Ailsa enjoyed just sitting and talking with Jenica. They talked and enjoyed their food. Ailsa avoided talking about what happened with the demon for now. It was a gruesome subject to talk about during dinner. She would tell her when she asked about it though. She wasn't trying to hide anything.

When conversion moved to repaying Metal, Ailsa grew quiet for a bit. "When I wanted to repay Celeste I got her some books but I don't think that would work with Metal." Ailsa thought that he might want blood but no. They wouldn't offer that. "Maybe we can pay for his next tattoo or maybe get a voucher for one. If it works like that."

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

User Image

Wearing:Water Time

Rini could hear the displeasure of her words around Oynx's very being. Well, she did not have a good answer really, and she wanted it to at least seem worth finding out. Something instead of, oh I just want to know. It seemed slightly redundant to just say that. A soft sigh would escape her plump lips. She leaned back, trying to relax against the jets. She loved Heiden, she did and she hoped it was him and her forever, but regardless, never knowing what life would throw at you, the female followed those topaz toned eyes to her neck. To the ring Heiden had given her, she tried to smile, but Oynx looked away.

"My name, it is Rini, but it is my middle name not my first, I had no last name til Leo, my given name, it is Lithia, kind of like the metal Lithium...?"

She smiled at Oynx, even though she was no longer looking at her.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Heiden might not have reacted quite as Khoi would have wanted, but he reacted, which was the important part. His knee would collide with Heiden's now leading, left thigh. As his own right leg dropped, he was sure to place his foot on thew outside of Heiden's own. Anticipating some sort of attack, the boy was ready...or so he felt. Khoi's left arm wasn't brought down, just in towards himself, and it proved to be a wise decision on his part. Heiden's left reached across to hook Khoi's head, in which case Khoi's left wrist would twist, his arm coming up just enough before extending his arm to push the arm to his own left using his Mantis finger hook. Simultaneously he bobbed to his own right. This would most likely avoid the head grab, unless Heiden was willing to dominate him by grasping his long hair that would be sliding against his open palm.

If he managed this feat, there was a chance the gut punch would never come to fruition. Regardless of that fact, Khoi's right arm would launch forth and barely down, akin to a long hook punch. The same fashion of his left hand, the hook of the finger was used to target the pressure point behind the knee, forcing the limb to relax as long as he depressed the intended spot. If successful, Khoi's left hook would move from it's position of hooking Heiden's left arm, now threatening the lowering Heiden with a left wrist stump aimed for the nose.

onyx2047

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-The Golden Flower-

User Image
<< Location: Upper Thume - Mikado's ~ >> Wearing: Lounge

"If we can hide"

Jenica pursed her lips a little in thought. "hm, I don't think it'll be too hard to be honest. I mean I think girls naturally get away with a lot. Society sees females are more affectionate, even towards other women. It's borderline normal to see two girls hug and joke around with one another. Simply, we're more touchy. Seeing a man hug another man, and it's like a ten car pile up occurs. Stupid. Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We just need to worry about keeping it away from Metal. That's all. Besides, I don't see him being too big of a problem considering we'll be in friggen Ireland!" Jenica may have known about her Captain sleeping with Metal while they were both human but she also knew that being immortal was a game changer. She was unaware of the recent, current development.

That crucial bit of information would make Jenica and Ailsa's situation regarding Vincent's situation a lot more difficult. It would be harder to hide from Metal if he had access to the Captain that much. The thought, the notion wasn't even present in Jenica's mind however, due to the fact that she was sure she knew her Captain. Jenica was fully aware of Onyx's past. Based on that, it was simply impossible.

On the topic still of Metal Ailsa mentioned Celeste. "I am so sorry about Celeste Ailsa...hope isn't lost though. Everything depends on the soul of the person, the type of vampire, there are just a lot of factors. Since joining the Asper and finding out about Onyx's history regarding the vampires, I have done my best to do studying on them. It's suuuuch a complex thing! There are just so many variations out there now. Don't give up Ailsa. Maybe Celeste is just having a really rough time adjusting?" she wasn't aware of the full situation of course but she was trying to give her girlfriend (oh that one is so new) a sense of comfort. "But your right. I am not too sure that Metal is a book person...unless of course it's a book about death and murder" she teased him from afar.

Jenica thought a moment "We could pay for his next tattoo for sure...but I suspect that he's a very good liar. Despite what he said...I have a suspicion that he's got a lot more money than he lets on. Metal is like a dragon. Dragons horde and never share. Greedy. I mean, I have been around him and heard enough about him to put that together for myself. I have watched him enough to see things for myself. No...I want to do something ... personal" she looked down at her wrist. Her fingers touching the wrappings.

"Ailsa...in essence...the protection of that vampire...is in us. In our skin. Whatever that stuff was that was mixed into our ink is to fortify the natural protection this symbol brings us. It's such a big deal. At least I see it this way. Onyx was right. He really does have a funny way of showing affection. I ... won't pretend to even know him or claim to understand him but...we should take care of how we treat him from now on." the ball was in their court in a manner of speaking. Having this fortification within them could be used for good or bad now. Jenica looked up to Ailsa.

"Hm..." Jenica grabbed her phone and shot Onyx a text.
                                          'Hey, Ailsa and I are trying to think of something to give Metal as a thank you helping with the demon. Any ideas? We want it to be something he wouldn't expect.'

"Onyx would know best..." she shrugged looking at Ailsa as she set her phone down.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rini Virunas

User Image
                    User Image

The truth was there under the surface of it all. No one, not even would be able to deny it. Her son had chosen someone. Someone he loved. She heard what Rini had said but there was something being calculated in her head right about now. Given her own personal love life at the moment, she realized that she could no longer make comment, judgement upon either her son or Rini. This actually made Oni shift in her spot. Hiding would make her guilty one day and the repercussions would cause her to lose her son. She had enough foresight for this.

"Lithia is a beautiful name. I like it better than Rini, you should think about going by Lithia more often." she said casually.

Oni looked away a moment and cleared her throat. "I...have something to tell you ... Lithia" she looked back to her with a smile upon saying her true name.

"I told you before that I am working hard to accept the fact that my son has chosen a partner who happens to be a vampire. And I meant it. So much so...that I myself have decided to chose a ...hm...partner, that...is also a vampire. As I told you before, this isn't my first vampiric interest. I guess...this just makes it my second." she cleared her throat and ripped her eye's away from the young woman before her.

"I realized that despite my own reasoning...and of course with the help of others, if I keep reliving the past...I'll be stuck in the past while everything else around me moves on. And I don't want to be stuck in the past alone. I would rather be right beside those I love. I accept you Lithia. Fully. You...you and Heiden..." she couldn't breathe! She took a deep intake of air.
                    "You and Heiden have my blessing to one day marry." she exhaled. "But please...for me, not anytime really soon. Okay? I just...everything is like...lightning speed for me...there just sooo much change. I -" the fact that her words wouldn't even come out right explained it all. She shook her head lightly. She fought to bring her eye's back up to Lithia's face.

Saved by a text. She heard her phone buzz to which she moved so that she could reach out of the tub and to her housecoat to retrieve it. Reading the text from Jenica Oni smiled. She needed to think about that one for a moment. Never before had Oni had to think about gifting a vampire! She would text back.
                    That's a hard one. Leave it with me and I will get back to you soon.

(edited)

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

arrow Upper Thume - Mikado's

Ailsa nodded Jenica was probably right but she tended to worry about things she didn't fully understand. Ailsa had only one true relationship before this one and that one had been considered normal for the most part. At least it was normal until she had gotten pregnant and he had left her alone. For a moment or two she wondered what happened to him before Jenica mentioned Ireland and she grinned brightly. "Yeah! Metal is clever but we should be able to hide. Probably in plain sight. Heh. I can't wait to go back though I hope I don't encounter anymore Kings and strange fairy creatures."

Ailsa really had no idea what was in store for her, and if she did she wouldn't have been so excited to go back to Ireland. As it were thoughts of Ireland were always in her mind when she wasn't thinking about what just happened with the demon and Jenica.

When she mentioned how sorry she was about Celeste she shook her head. "You shouldn't be sorry, she just changed. Vampires come in all shapes and sizes, I know that much. I use to live around a whole bunch of them and my mother always told me stories of the Vampire Coven she use to call home." As much as Ailsa wanted to hold out hope that Celeste would just come around one day and go back to being her sweet twin in her heart she knew that wouldn't be the case. She had wanted to kill her, then Lance and turn Brad into a vampire so a proper Graystone family would exist. She didn't see much hope but she wanted to hold on to it after Jenica's words. She gave a small smile. "Maybe a book on combat would be a nice idea ahaha."

"Vampires remind me of dragons now that you mention it... maybe undead dragons..." Ailsa tried to picture it in her head but the image was scary enough to freak her out. She shook her head and looked back at Jenica with a shaky smile. "I don't know Metal well enough to have a clue what to get him. Just like I wouldn't know what to get Onyx."

But Ailsa nodded. The thought of Metal basically giving them protection was a strange thought. On one hand he might be the most dangerous man Ailsa had ever met. A vampire with split personalities who was going to try and kill Onyx while part of him cared for her. On the other hand there was the fact that he had helped her kill the demon and given them added protection. She felt affection for him.

"Onyx does know him better then us."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces