Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx looked between Migoto and Sin as if one of them was going to provide some sort of solution, words of wisdom, give a hint as to the direction she was suppose to take here. Nothing came. Of course Migoto wouldn't be able to really help much in this instance.
'What- What would I have to do? Is this permanent? Would I have any help? I mean s**t. Your not offering me much here.' Onyx crossed her arms, a sign that she was growing impatient and unfavorable to the events that were happening.

Sin smiled but then broke into a light laugh. When he stopped he mused.
"It is like being in the army Onyx. You fight when called upon. When your expertise are needed. Surely you have others aboard your ship that would help you? We crowns would help you too of course where we can. All you have to do is camp our here are there and try to get a lead. It would require you to return to earth realm."

"I am sorry Sinyaram...but I am going to have to decline for now. Things are still just far too fresh for me and my people. It is as you said anyways. I live here now. Not there. The affairs that happen there...are no longer my concern. If you want my help here in Samara, I would be more than happy to help you. But I do not want to be an ambassador. I do not want to be apart of any council. I would much rather be your secret weapon, if you don't mind." Onyx responded as she locked eye's with him.

Sinyaram now shifted in his seat. He sat for a moment in silence seemingly contemplating as he was not expecting a reversal offer from her.
"Very well. When the time comes I will call upon you and your guardian for help. Until then...watch yourself. If you hear of anything in the mean time ... you know where to find me." Sinyaram said in agreement.

Onyx smiled and nodded feeling very relieved. She looked to Migoto and then back to Sin. Sinyaram got to his feet.
"Now, would you and Migoto stay for dinner?"
Onyx looked to Migoto "Migoto? Would you like to stay and have something to eat with me?"

(( Pt 2 end ))
Migoto having not handling the traveling very well himself, feeling like he was on his toes the whole time if he had them, his tongue flickering out constantly till they were confronted by someone who he was not familiar with...His body language horsed up they were no longer on the ship, it was not his job to protect them. Thou he was calmed down by Onyx before he did something drastic. He hadn't responded to the man bowing before them, and his infrared wasn't being so effective in this area, everything seemed like it was the same temperature. He turned that out a long while ago, using what motion sense he had with his normal vision. Slowly he leved himself down at Onyx's height. It wasn't long before he began to get riled up again after keeping to himself for so long the entire time when he heard her voice began to raise in protest. He wouldn't allow someone, anyone to have forced anything apun her, especially in front of him! He didn't understand alot of the bigger words from them, but he could tell emotion threw the tone of her voice.

It was Onyx again who had calmed him back down...He was confused by the whole situation, he didn't know if he should like, or dislike this man who seemed to make no sense to him other then confusing or upsetting her. His head slowly cocked to the left as she asked him what he would like to do...His blind eyes darted towards the elf, and back at Onyx with a quick flick of his long purple tongue. He was bewildered...but the promise of food was always a good sign..."Food..." His eyes looked towards the elf again. "Would be good..." Another flick of his tongue again, his long coils all moving around fluidly in their mess behind himself nervously. He wasn't sure what to do, and he was fighting the urdge to lung out at something, but at the same time his promise of sustenance was comforting, and inviting.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Looking at Migoto's face prompted her to switch over to her chi spark mode to see what emotions the naga might be experiencing right now, cause...his face did nothing to answer that. When she looked she saw his energy spike, dip and dive. Onyx couldn't decipher just by looking the difference between fear and anger. Only that it put out higher intense waves of energy. It was bright and rapid. Not like when someone was sad or injured where it was faint, slow and dull. Was Onyx to understand then that Migoto was confused? She reached out to him slipping her hand into one of his and gave it a light squeeze. She did not later let go however but instead remained holding his hand. She gave an awkward smile to Sin as Migoto accepted the offer of food.

"Well there you have it. We shall join you for dinner" she told him.

Sinyaram looked to onyx then migoto and then back to onyx. "Great. If you will come with me then..." he said turning. He would lead them to a very relaxed sort of room that bore furniture much like the Japanese of earth realm had.

The tables were low and the chairs seemed like regular chairs but with no legs that sat on the floor. The cushions were cushy enough and it worked its self out perfectly what with Migoto being a Naga and all. They were seated and told that dinner would be shortly. Sinyaram needed to excuse himself for a few moments but promised to return promptly. A woman came in and set them up with something to drink. Onyx chose tea of course. Onyx had Migoto start off with water for now. When the woman left she turned to Migoto.

"You doing alright?"
Migoto wasn't sure to think of the man that had only just earlier threatened Onyx with something she was going ot have to do, but they were going to feed him...Not arguing he went to sit down next to Onyx, his coils moving up around behind the both of them creating a little perimeter...that and he was totally stealing Onyx's heat...sort of. His eyes slowly scanned down to her voice when she had asked him if he was okay. He was unaware of the water in front of himself, and didn't even pay notice to it, as he moved his hands around the table, and bumped into it, but luckily didn't knot it over. "I'm-- ffffine." His long tongue flickered out trying to pronounce his f's. Failing miseribly in the process of course. He shook his head a little placing one of his hands over his lips to wipe off any drool that might have escaped. His face moved back to stare ahead, and waited pacently for his food, flickering his tongue out, but his eyes shifted left and right now and then as if he was looking for something that his scents were not picking up. He wasn't sure himself...but he felt the urge to be on his toes if he had some.

)) Sorry for the really long delay Onyx every time I got into writing I was distracted for like days now. xD ((

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Well Onyx wasn't fine. She was a touch rattled. When Migoto said he was fine, she pursed her lips slightly and stared at him a quick moment. Averting her eye's to her glass, lost in thought, there was silence between them.

"migoto..." she said finally breaking the silence.
"I am not fine. People are going missing. They are being stolen. By who, no one knows. The Asper...it holds some pretty unique beings. Yourself included. If these...people...catch wind of a place like the Asper here in Samara...we'll be a target. You...will be a target..." she looked back to Migoto's face now worried. It was laced in her very voice.

Now Onyx had thought about Aarin for a split second thinking that he might be behind this. He was trying to capture beings for his own means. An army. But she knew that this was different than that. This was straight up slavery for whatever's own selfish needs and pleasures. The idea that someone could come unto her home and steal from her (and yes, taking her patrons was something she considered to be theft) both angered and scared her. Onyx had promised with the best of her abilities to protect those aboard her ship. While at this very moment everyone seemed to be off doing their own thing, that didn't mean she didn't have to look out for anyone. Her mind then flipped to little Mae, Jenica, she was feeling quite ill now.

"Migoto...if...something happens to any of you...Ima lose my s**t. Err...I mean I will be mad. "
The Naga's focus seemed to still be off, his long tongue started to flicker. His brows frowed as his tongue brought in the tastes and chemical trails into his Jacobson gland analising it. Thou after her almost one way conversation to him finished, his head turned towards her with his right brow raised. "Have you ever tried to pull a sssnake from it'sss burrow? " He took a moment for her to contemplate it. "You don't have to worry bout me." He was trying to re-assure Onyx there was no worry about him....catching a snake-man-Naga his size would be quite the event or miracle. "Do you tassste that?" He flickered his tongue out, and looked left and right again. There was probably way too many new things around here for him to actually differentiate many things right now. He elongated his neck up, and flicked his long purple tongue out again...why was everything so different? Perhaps he never met elves before, he's been around plenty of humans...that's for sure.

Before he knew it the scent dissipated from the air. "What..." he curiously leaned in around in front of him flickering his tongue out curiously. "It'sss...gone..." he simply put as he stared ahead of himself with a blank stare. Slowly he leaned back next to Onyx, and slowly cocked his head to the left, and looked towards where the other woman had left...was their food coming soon?

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

She stared at migoto even while he was speaking about tasting the scents upon the air. Did he really believe that he was okay? Why was it so difficult for Onyx to believe with him? She didn't like the feeling that was settling in her stomach. Movement caused onyx to break her gaze from Migoto. Elven women came pouring into the room carrying trays and setting them upon the table. They removed the lids. Some trays carried fruits and vegetables while others had cheeses and breads. What meats were laid out were fishes both cooked and raw in the forms of sashimi.

Looking to Migoto she grinned. 'hey...eat slowly now! In fact...let me make you a plate oh...and don't eat the plate Migoto. Just what is on it!" she whispered and then giggled.

Their 'plates' were wooden slabs that looked like cutting boards with handles. These were elves remember. Not human royalty. They were organic beings for the most part mixed with magick. On top of the wooden 'plates' was a singular large leaf of a greenness unlike any other green you would have seen. Not neon but vibrant and hyper pigmented much like the foliage previously seen. Onyx started to load up Migoto's 'plate' first, a bit of everything. She had a feeling that she would need to be doing this for him a few good times. Whatever it took to not alarm Sinyaram. Onyx would then start loading up her plate and Sin came strolling in and taking a seat directly across from them. He smiled to the both of them as one of the girls pour him a glass of elven wine, a substance much stronger than regular mortal wines. He made an offer to the both of them. Onyx decided to try it. As for Migoto...it would be his call. Onyx began to eat and drink while stealing glances at Sin who seemed to be more enthralled with watching Migoto. In fact Onyx noted that everyone else in the room was also stealing glances at Migoto. More specifically every time he put food or drink to his mouth.

In some ways this behavior bothered Onyx. On one hand it was fine for others to examine and appreciate what was hers. Yes, Migoto was hers. She saw him as her treasure. Migoto, the Naga was a long time resident of her ship, her friend, and someone that she silently watched over. Of course she knew she didnt own him literally or controlled him in any way, not that kind of own, but a sense of entitlement perhaps. On the other hand it bothered her to have that feeling of defensive protection. An almost proclamation of: Look but don't touch. Observe but quit your drooling. That Naga is mine.

It made Onyx shift a little closer to Migoto. She turned her attention to him as well now. She had to admit it was rather amusing to watch him eat a few newer foods that while were like the mortals, weren't. For the elves, everything was simply more. Everything was heightened more than that of human food. More intense on all levels. Spicier, richer, larger, sharper. The only difference was that the sweetness tasted in their foods was paler. They didn't use sugars the way humans did. At the end of the day Onyx would much rather eat elven food. When you ate elven food you actually felt what it was going to you, its benefits. You felt physically healthier, stronger, energetic. However, Onyx could also easily see how she couldn't eat like this all the time. Human food was created by the ******** devil. And damn, sometimes it was good. Imagine life without a single slice of pizza, hamburger, doughnut, ice cream, ever again. Yeah...no.

"Thank you for this Sinyaram. It's always fun to experience different things" Onyx said glancing to him.

"Yes. Like wise..." he replied with his eye's still fixated on Migoto.
Migoto was quick to try and grab things as Onyx was trying to tell him what to do. All this food all at once was almost too much for. He didn't know what to eat first, His hand was down in one side of the plate, while his long purple tongue flickered down into the wine glass. He had no idea what he was eating, but he was forgetting to chew down any food what-so-ever. His hands staying relatively clean. His eating slowed down after the second plate, and she had moved closer to him as his head turned to look at her. The Naga flickered his tongue at her, and then looked around the room idly. It wasn't awkward to him at all that nobody was making any direct conversation even thou there seemed to be more then just the three in the room.

The last of his third plate went into his mouth, and down in seconds, he looked back at Onyx shifting his long coils around allowing for the food to travel easier down his asophogas(sp?) "One more...Pleassse" His long tongue flickered out, as his eyes tracked onyx's movement.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

At first Sinyaram watched the two carry on smiling. He thought it was cute they way the Captain and the Naga carried on. But then slowly his smile faded. Not to that of anger or disappointment but of surprise. Migoto sure could eat a lot. He had to wonder if Onyx fed the poor fellow at all?

Onyx looked to Sinyaram nervously and smiled with a smile and laughed that outlined it so. She loaded up another plate for Migoto and gave it to him. Onyx herself was on her second plate and became suddenly very self aware. I mean the food was good but...she wanted something heavier. Something more.

Sinyaram called forward one of the elven women nearby and asked for her to bring the Lambas bread. When it arrive he cut a square of it and set it onto a fresh plate and slid it towards Migoto.
'That should fill you. One small bite is enough to fill the belly of a man. Surely an entire square could satisfy you...' he said.

'Well this should be interesting!'

Onyx looked to the bread and then to migoto. She had this horribly humorous feeling that the bread would be no match for his tank of a stomach.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Leontias Métaliene

“It actually feels good not wearing that heavy jacket.”

He was speaking about his long brown coat, which he no longer had on his person. Instead of the long jacket with black shirt and slacks. His clothing choice was replaced with more of a earthly Military wear, A Black shirt Riddled with patches for The United Workers Party, Gray slacks and a brown combat boots. IT had been a while since he had decided to dress like this...but It seemed like he fitted into it quite well

It was probably the best he had been in a while, a smile was actually legitimately on his face thought it didn’t seem to glow like a normal smile. It was simply there, relaxing on his face as if Leon spent the day to himself for the first time in a long time. A piece of bread was in his mouth, a baker had decided to give it to him on his travels to the town after performing for the people in his store. It was quite the experience if not a bit awkward, people seem to yell at him a lot, and shake his hand in praise. Praise, at least for something that was his job was never something Leon was exactly used to. The thought of it alone cause his cheeks to light up in a bright gray that seem to bleed into his cheeks.

A Blush as some humans would call it.

He now strolled around the rest of Rumare prefecture staring at the at the buildings of the prefecture with a sort of wonder and curiousity. His mind quickly began to wander to the thought of Onyx and the rest of the Aspers Crew. It had been quite a while since he had last seen them, and certainly he’d like to take them out somewhere to eat. His New Job, along with a semblance of normalcy. It was mostly a relief, Maybe it was what he needed to get his mind off of things…

Even if it was simply temporary.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

(( Time skipping due to lack of Naga))

That last bit of bread seemed to do it. Onyx was impressed to say the least. That bread would come in handy on the various journey's she went on. After a visit, it was time to leave. Onyx had much to think on and so did Sin for that matter. He had put out an offer to which she had refused. So much s**t had happened to her. She was lucky to be here to be frank. She was willing to try and keep her eye's out and protect the home with which she now lived in though. Anything to be home.

The events she had engaged in had left her feeling...uncertain though. There were things unanswered. Like what had happened to Tous? Onyx wasn't too sure to be honest whether of not he was dead or alive. It was maddening. Maddening to not know if someone you fought beside was dead or alive. After the ordeal she and Leon were forced to leave the area barely with their lives. They sat in that dingy boat watching from afar but Tous was not with them. There wasn't anything either of them could do about it.

Leaving Sin and the guard tower Migoto and Onyx were making their way towards the portals when Onyx spotted Leon. The two had agreed to simply not talk about the events that had happened. It had been hell and they were better off just trying to put it behind them. Coming to a soft halt before Leon Onyx stopped but was holding onto Migoto's hand.
"Hey..." she said softy to him.

'It's nice here hm?" she looked around with a soft smile but her eye's came back to meet his.
"What brings you here?"
A swirl of golden confetti poured upwards through the crack of the deck reaching upwards in a ballad of swirling golden light scattering over the deck like a swarm dancing in the air before all converging on a single point rushing inwards they formed silhouette of a man and dispursing. Left amongst the chaos of light A monolithic creature stood in its place its skin tinted with glimmering yellow Its glowing silver and gold locks spilled haphazardly about its body. Its piercing silver eyes looked over the deck as shallow breaths of air escaped its flaring nostrils.

It outstretched its hand high above its head drawing his fingers and arm down closing each digit into a claw. The shadows themselves drew from every dark corner wrapping its form in a black cloak concealing its nature from the onlooking eyes of others. It looked from left to right from under the depths of its hood and started down off the ship heading off into the city.

Oni2047's Significant Otter

Eloquent Lunatic

A dark figure occupied the city scape, his form was tall and slender, covered in a tattered cloth that covered every inch of his figure, only allowing the bright flame of his locks to be shown from the cowl of the hood. His movements were quiet and smooth, his pace was somewhat rushed as he moved throughout the new area. Racing his thoughts came with images that ranged from sweet and deranged to barely any thoughts at all, the voices within his mind rang out louder than ever, some of the strands of the long white mane hued from white to red at the tips. The males eye's were two different colors, the right one lay with a soft purple hue, while the left one was cold and icy blue. Moving catching up to the footsteps and hushed voice that he had heard he stopped peering around a corner, his body leaned back pressing against the wall that he now stood behind. Quickly he turned and ascended the wall rushing up the side, each hand and foot seemingly slamming into the wall leaving large claw mars with each outstretch of a arm or a leg. Suddenly he reached the edge of the small building, grasping the top of the edge he lifted himself up int the air, pulling himself forward to move within the air. Sending himself through the air he quickly landed down in front of the portal, his body crouching down his back turned towards the two of them while he slowly began to stand up. His form towering before them as his head turned and only a purple and blue shine showed through the dark hood.

onyx2047

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

Onyx was so relaxed, so not on her guard, so tired and semi weak from all that she had been through as of late that she didn't even feel this one coming. Leon, wouldn't even get the chance to respond. Her eye's registered movement just beyond Leon's shoulder to which she staggered back a few paces with a gasp.

She saw the purple hue from beneath the hood and her mind could only register one face in this flash point moment. She thought that he had all but gone for good. That the universe had swallowed him up. She thought that perhaps he had gone back and stayed within the mortal realm considering his natural need for human blood. He had the perfect opportunity to be rid of her. However, his face wasn't fully revealed and many beings in this new place had purple eye's. Maybe Onyx was just scarred eternally by that man. She was fearing and seeing his face, Metals face. Her heart had skipped a few beats, her hand gripped tighter to the Naga's. Instinctively Migoto would know it to be fear. Her body heat spiked. She felt it from her toes to her face, a sudden rush of heat. Her blood whirled as her blood pressure soared. What kind of man, being, could command such reactions? A very particular one. That's who.

What could she say? What did this person want anyways? Maybe nothing. Maybe he was just creepy. She paused a moment staring at him contemplating on whether or not to use her spark to see if it really was him.
The figure would blind side onyx jumping at her from the side to tackle her off her feet." Onyx!" The familiar voice of li would beat out from under his shroud of darkness. " Hello Captain." He would say as the shroud evaporated like beads of black water from his body. Li had learned to channel the elements within his own body and take various forms in doing so. The form he was in now was that of light. His skin sparkled with all the brilliance and beauty of the very sun itself his long silver locks fell gentle about his face as his silver eyes burned with a yellow glow at their center. A golden aura wafted up from his body like solar flares reaching outwards into the heavens.

Li could only smile as he saw his old freind his silvery lips reaching back from ear to ear. Li could not sense energy the way onyx could and thus was unaware of the creature of such incredible evil standing not more than a few feet from them. Happy go lucky li only knew he was in the presence of his freind and teacher Onyx.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff