Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

Seeing the female walk down the stairs of the ship Leon let out a long sigh. It has been quite a day since he had his little departure from The Aspers. His friends here never left his mind, especially not Onyx. Ever since her sentencing by the mayor he has been slightly more worried about her. However, he also knew the problem with him worrying, if she sees it she would probably worry herself and completely shut herself down. It was hard trying to let her solve her own problems, but he knew he shouldn’t be the one to help her with that sort of thing. He barely knew anything about earth as is. The bard would ruffle his long black hair, starting from the front with the lone grey patch on top of his right bang.

When she returned he focused on the way she was walking and how awkward she was holding the trays. A chuckle escaped his brown lips, It was cute seeing her actually serve up something, then again she was cute just walking around when she wanted to be. A Blush crawled up to his face before she decieded to sit herself down next to him. She began to talk with her mouth full which almost caused Leon to burst out in laughter.

“Well, I met this demon, strange lass she was, very nice though, she seemed very curious as well…” He paused, took a sip of his tea.

“She were…strange fough, right, she took a strange likin' ter me blood…and apparently wanted ter fight me, right, just ter get a taste, she weren't a vampire fough that I'm sure off, a flesh eater, but I don't fink a vampire..."

The bard shrugged and clenched his waist, mostly because of his still tender ribs, which were repaired but still slightly healing. “A bit strange, Not sure wot ter take out of it.” The bard would take another sip of his drink, and turn back to his Raven haired captain, his eyebrow was raised and his eyes were locked directly into hers. “Are demons, right, and uvver supernaturals always this strange compared ter humans on this planet?”
He asked.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

In days of youth onyx was a young miako, back before she made the decision to follow the footsteps of her father, way of the sword. She was versed in the arts and it was ingrained. It was something that she could never forget no matter how hard she tried, save maybe amnesia. So when she served up that tea, she served it like someone with experience. It had a certain poise to it not that anyone, especially someone like Leon could ever pick up on. It was the way she was able to have control over the hot pot, hold her one sleeve back, and yet still manage to rest her fingertips delicately to the lid as she poured. It was the way she set the pot down and picked up the cup. Not like a monkey but like the wind picks up the leaves. It was the way she handed him the cup, not with a sloppy shove or an expected arrival but like an offering before an altar. All of these things, these beautiful things would go utterly unnoticed by someone who was not keen, someone who wasn't versed or old enough to recognize the pleasures of the 'old world'. It was the world Onyx came from. It was not through her face nor her body that her age did show.

Blow to oblivion the question of her age and grace melted away as she talked with her mouth full like a child. Something her Okasa would have beat her with a bamboo rod for so very very long ago. No, she was no longer the miako, Geisha to be. This was the pirate in her, the defiance, the gull to be everything society told her that she wasn't allowed to be. The subtle, casual '******** you' to the face. A 'Lady' ought never to talk with her mouth full and seagulls ought not to s**t on a clean car, but they do. Leon was laughing at her but his words made her laugh at him. He spoke about demons and supernaturals.

“Are demons, right, and uvver supernaturals always this strange compared ter humans on this planet?”
'Are demons right? I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking there but I can say that there are so many different types of supernaturals that, yes, they are vastly different than humans. First of all Leon most humans do not know that there is a world, life, that belongs to we supernaturals. They do not think nor believe that we even exist and usually live among them. Those that do know of our existence do not like us and are generally very afraid." she told him truthfully.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“Well I know they don’t know much about us, even if they did I don’t fink they’d be that welcomin', especially ter me bein' an alien.” The male shuddered his first time getting off of the planet and telling somebody that he was from another world. The poor creature ended up being kidnapped and held hostage for killing a mod bad, was nearly disemboweled as well until he was saved. The swarthy alien shuddered at the thought, hands hoisting onto each other’s arm. Leon’s eyes locked toward Onyx again, he blinked at what she said about not understanding his question.

“Sorry, English isn’t me first language y’know?” Stupid Stupid Stupid! He should’ve known that there was something wrong with how he asked his question. “I meant do demons always have that weird taste, I mean for christsakes the woman tasted my blood.” He recalled the woman licking his blood from her arm, and seemingly enjoying it, just for curiousity he attempted to mimic her action in hopes that it would probably scare her off from eating him.

Sadly, he tasted delicious.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

Onyx's smile only faltered a little. Demons, Vampires, and elves she knew a fair bit about. The Vampire species was her most common enemy. The evles were a breed on a whole other level, and demons...demons oni tried to steer clear from. The history books however, will tell you a rather different story. Oni attracted these three species like a heat seeking missile.

"Leon...I know it is quite strange but yes, most demons do have a thirst, a need for blood. Many other species of supernaturals share that trait. After all it is as they say...blood is the life line." Oni began to sip at her tea now. Oh God how she loved the taste of this tea! No other tea with as perfect as rooibos. It's low tannin count ensured that it could never be bitter and was naturally sweet, a glorious dark amber color.

Looking back at Leon as his eye had locked onto her face she smiled softly "Let's just hope she didn't like you too much now. Wouldn't want her trying to drain you completely dry now would we? I know what it's like to have them try..." she stuffed the rim of her cup into her mouth some more as she continued to sip.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Malaki

Fury was the only word to describe what the violet eyed hybrid felt.
This s**t with supernaturals or whatever the hell you wanted to call them was affecting her business in a bad way.
First, someone saw Jem flick her forked tongue in her shop and lost thier minds, successfully starting a riot the ended with someone landing a punch on Lex's jaw.
Wrong move on thier part.
They got thrown through her shop window.
The following week someone broke in and stole close o five grand worth of gear.
The next week a fight broke out between her crew and the people on the street.
They were working towards getting her evicted.

She wanted to rip someones head off.
Pushing unruly black locks from her face she decsended into the bar.
She needed something to drink. Something strong.
She was hoping to see Heiden while she was here before she shipped off to go get in new gear with Mika.
she needed to see an old friends face.

She walked behind the bar grabbing the bottle of Vodka kept on the second shelf and went and curled up on the couch in front of the fire.
She was bone tired. And angry.
She was never one to stay this angry over anything. Being angry gave you wrinkles and Draven liked her smooth face.

Sipping from the bottle she got herself lost in thought, sitting there on the couch, staring into the dancing flame

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“Honestly she wasn’t that bad, weird, but not untolerable…” The bard smiled, took a sip of his rooibos tea and sighed gleefully. “She didn’t want my blood par’se apparently she liked the taste of flesh, seen stranger things but they must not think cannibalism is taboo.” The bard began to scratch his head, and tilt his head to the right side. Technically what she was doing WASN’T Cannibalism. Rakshasha being a demon, it was mostly just her getting her hunger in control, it didn’t make it see any less scary or creppy, especially since she seemed to have taking a liking at teasing him.

“Well, enough about me and my boring life, how about you certainly you were talking to yourself for some reason.” Oh, she thought she was going to get away with changing the topic before? Well nope, Leon isn’t stupid, and certainly knew something was slightly off putting his favorite pirate. It was his attempt to help, but he hoped not to bug her by asking again.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Finger tips caressed the wood of his desk that was his bedroom aboard this ship. Upon his desk was a single vial...he froze. Reaching out with a shaking hand he plucked it up, the vial shimmered as though diamonds lay within. His eye's widened...and then grew very soft before closing them. Heiden wasn't suppose to be here. His mother had sent him away due to threat. Something was happening, had happened here in Lockeport. What it was...he didn't know. While in Gaia he was attacked and he wasn't too sure if it had been related. He shipped out to stay with Phoenix, his mothers 'boss' i suppose you could say. It was there he stayed in company with his best mate, Joli and Phoenix's son but he missed home. He was worried sick and never called for fear of risk. He couldn't hold back any longer. He missed Raziel and the twins, he missed his mother, the smell of that salty air, the warmth of the town that he had known. Mother was going to be pissed but he didn't care.

Looking at that vial in his thin but strong fingers he smirked. "So...she's gotten better." he said to himself. His mother had perfected and finished the potion he had been trying to make. The one that would shield his eye's in darkness. He tucked the vial into his inner breast pocket. Heiden would exit his room and make his way on up to the bar.

Once there he saw someone familiar enter and make herself up a drink. Very quietly he moved closer to her but stopped to lean on the beam that was nearest her. Both hands tucked into his pant pockets, casual sex should be his middle name because it was the air about him that always followed.
                              "My my...someone's panties look like they are in a right knot..." cool, soft in octave but deeper in tone, his voice snakes out to her. It slithered, hot satin around and into her ear to perk her senses.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

"BLLLLAAH" she grumbled into her tea cup as she finished it off and set the cup down.
"Who cares about me? Not I...and besides...humans talk to themselves all of the time... I was just doing some self reflecting Leon. It's personal. Okay? Can we just...talk about something else? Other wise I am going to go and get ready to head into Sigil. I think I just want to get this show on the road already." she wasn't trying to be rude but talking about herself just wasn't her thing.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

It didn’t seem she’ll be telling anytime soon, whatever it was Onyx certainly wanted to avoid it. Then again, she never quite liked talking with herself. “Allright Allright, I’m not gonna ask any furffer…” The bard said. It still didn’t stop Him from worrying about The pirate. Granted there was no reason to baby her, and he certainly wasn’t going to do that. However, he wanted to at least know something, something that he could at least possibly help her with. Sadly it didn’t seem anything else was on his mind once she spoken about not talking about herself. Leon didn’t want the conversation heading back to him either so he decided to just drop the conversation. With one last sip of his tea, the bard chuckled and lifted himself up out of the seat.

“Well I believe we should git ready then…” The bard paused for a second, and wiped a brim of sweat from his face.

“I should check about the shoppin' area, ffese long sleeved shirts just don’t go well wiv yor earff sun.” The bard’s home planet, didn’t really have a strong sun. Because of that, it was mostly winter, and most Malmosians were used to living in the cold wintry like weather. Colds days, warm nights, it was a repeat each and every day without any unique climate chance, unlike what the earth was blessed with. However, it also meant that Leon was not used to the hot weather.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Malaki

She had been sitting there, working on getting beyond plastered. Her face was flushed with warmth from the fire and the clear fluid in her system when she heard the voice.
Heavy eyes flicked over to the man standing there so casually.
The corner of her mouth lifted up in a slow smile.
"Well they would be if I was in the habit of wearing them. But seeing as Im not, your observation would be wrong." she said sipping from her bottle again.

Turning so she was facing him her eyes wandered along his form. Once again he had grown since she last saw him. She wondered how the tattoo healed up. Her face heated up catching her mind wandering with that thought.
Instead of allowing that thought to go any further she looked at him.
"So how have you been love?" she said brushing loose curls from her face with an inked hand.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image
Location: Asper ~ Captains Quarters / Ensemble ~ Kimono Dress

Onyx slowly rose to her feet too and at first she was laughing at Leon as he explained the complexities of his clothing. She stopped. It was like a record scratch.
'Wait..'we should get ready?' as if in to say...you want to come with me?' she asked him with a huge grin upon her face. Oni wasn't use to having fans that outwardly followed her or wanted to travel around with her. That was because most were afraid to be alone with her for fear she'd find a good enough reason to slit your throat. Leon was different and most didn't even know the half of the truth anyways. She simply wasn't use to it that was all.

'Well...I need to go and change and gather up some things myself ... I suppose I will meet you back on deck.' she would slip away before he could really answer. What was there to answer anyways?

Back into her room she would open and close the door as softly as she could. She didn't wish to wake the beast that had claimed her bed. She would go to her wardrobe and choose an outfit to head into Sigil in and take herself behind the shoji screen that separated the view between her bedroom and the lounge area. She would slip out of her clothes, dark naked silhouette would be the only visible thing in the light setting of the room. A quick change later, and some things gathered to take with her, Onyx would leave the confines of her room just as silent as she came. Back out on deck she would head back over to the pits to join Leon when he was ready.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Aside from being more inked up, she was different somehow too. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. He chuckled to her comment regarding her underwear.
                              "Should have known better." she teased as he pushed up off of the beam with his shoulder. His body moved over towards the side to come around the table and then to the couch to sit beside her. Ankle to knee he crossed his legs as his right arms stretched out along the length of the back of the couch. It would come to rest behind Draven.

"How have I been? hm...horrible. Attacked, scared, worried sick, desperate and not suppose to be here. That about sums it up." his mother hadn't caught wind that he was here just yet. It was a good thing. His mother also had refused to tell him on the phone just why and who it was that might want to hurt him...but he wasn't stupid. He had a few candidates in mind as to whom.

"How about you?" he'd ask the same question back to her as he turned his head to look at her. He was quite close to her now, all the details of her face on display for his viewing pleasure. Naturally she smelled good, well aside from the booze that was starting to cryptonize her breath. He too smelled just as good, masculine with that strange citrus spice scent to him. Woodsy notes and spices ensnared the senses first before that hit of neroli could make its presence known. It was so inviting, intoxicating, you would have thought that he was wearing something made by the vampires themselves. And maybe it was. His soft silver, grey eye's locked onto hers as he awaited a response from her. They flicked about her face as he wondered what the occasion for drinking was.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“Certainly, I see no reason not ter travel back ther, it were fun before, I see no reason wot wouldn’t be fun now.”

The male smiled. Or at least appeared to smile. The man had recently gathered a piece of information from the Magic guild. Something about De Silva that seemed to interest Leon, that De Silva was indeed in the town. Certainly with this info and a bit of pestering he could at least found out where the man was. However, something else came into his mind once he heard Onyx stammer about getting ready. She seemed suddenly surprised that he wanted to come along. Honestly, he didn’t know what, she was an ally and if she needed a companion to come along with Leon was certain to at least help her out in that regard. Also, he didn’t want her being alone if something happened, as her unofficial first mate, he pretty much decided to have her back if anything went sour.

So when she went downstairs to change into her attire, Leon moved back to the railings of the ship and began to think. He never thought he’d see the day that he’d be worrying about another species. Then again she was his first ally, and was the second person he had ever spoken to on the aspers that actually continued to speak with him. Certainly that must’ve explained somethings that he felt about her, the concept of love had only recently began to confuse the bard. Why did humans believe in it so much, and why did it feel so strange and even WRONG at some points. He wondered many times what’ll happen if he just off and told Onyx about what he was feeling and ask. Honestly, at best she’d probably laugh it off, and even if she didn’t it certainly wasn’t the best for either of them.

Certainly not right now, even if it was possible.

Once the black haired pirate returned from getting changed, The bard moved himself away from the railing and turned around to face the Topaz colored eyes of his captain. "So ready to go?"

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
Draven Malaki

Draven leaned back into the couch, her head resting on his arm as she looked at him, knees pulled up to her stomach.
"Worried. Scared to walk down the street. Worried my shops going to get broken into again. Or that the next time I see Lex, shes going to be behind bars for attempt at murder because some jackass decided to pick a fight with a mohawked six foot something pierced and tattooed up woman." she said with a heavy sigh brushing her hair back from her face.

She looked at him her heavy eyes hazed over.
"So your mom doesnt know your here? I wont get in trouble for not telling you to leave will I? Because I really dont want you to go anywhere right now." she said. It might be the booze speaking, but she really didnt.
She leaned into him, his scent surronding her and she once again felt calm. Strange he had that effect on her.
Derrick had too..her face darkened thinking of him.
She had been used like a disposable rag. And he had done such a good job at keeping his motives secret Lex hadnt even noticed it.
She rubbed her face pushing him from her thoughts.

"Besides all that, I have to take a trip with Mika again. To go get all new gear. Again." she said head resting on his chest.
((morning asper.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces