Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
        User Image
                                User ImageAilsa Graystone

User Image

When you play with fire....

Ailsa nodded, listening to him talk. She knew she was new to the world in a way, not having as much world experiance as he did. What Ailsa did know though was that she could trust him and her own heart to help her along. She shook her head. "Demons are the same way. So are other creatures. We are all a bunch of messed up freaks and we don't know any better." She was smiling though, soften the sharp statement with warm expression.

When he wrapped his arms around her waist, she wondered if she was doing the right thing. She wondered if she would be a good parent. She closed her eyes and sighed. She had to stop thinking like that, it wasn't good for her.

"I think we should just get away. But I don't know where to go. I would say Lilith's but I don't think I ever want to go back there." To many bad memories.

//[L]ocation: Asper's Deck //
                                              [C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              Nervous but happy//
                                              tatus: Ten Weeks Along//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

Onyx allowed her eye's to follow him as he said his piece and got up to leave the deck. She nodded her head to him. She wouldn't say another word to him. She was thinking her responses though.

"I would argue I'm not husband material, or father material for that matter. I manage I suppose."
"Well...there's one more thing we have in common."

"Just remember..people like you and me terrify humans. Down to the core. Just like any animal though, if you push them far enough they will maul you..."
"They have. They did. But they will not continue to do so. I have drawn my line in the sand box. I will ruin them all if they ******** with me again."

"I have to make myself scarce now. There are things I must take care of, as you already know. I'm sure we will meet again."
"...To Russia with Love" she would say just loud enough for him to hear as he was leaving.

Onyx would turn back around to face the open waters thinking deeply as she often did. Oh she had sooo much to contemplate. In her room at the current moment lay someone that confused the living hell out of her. A vampire no less. One that she couldn't tell or decide for the time being as to whether she wanted to strangle or kiss. She thought maybe she was sick, ya know like...in the head, because she had developed a slight soft spot for him. Who could ever love a beast? In her head she saw...many interesting scenario's and all of them involved violence to be sure. Right now she wanted nothing more but to see Anita again. She who reminded her of her roots, who she was and why. She who looked almost exactly like her at that age save for those ruby red eye's of hers. It probably wasn't the best time for that though. Onyx sighed. Vincent, that rat b*****d had wanted his way out. He nearly succeeded too. He had grown far stronger than anyone even knew and it was terrifying to think that Metal didn't know about him. She remembered having hugged Metal, so happy to have him over Vincent, while her arms were wrapped around Metal...Vincent spoke. That freaked her right the hell out. A cold chill ran down her spine and she shivered.

Her thoughts strayed to the event of realization, her own discoveries and how she understood what the Phoenix's message had been. It took everything, even to the most wise, to believe in the good in man. There was so much that she didn't understand yet and a lot of it would have been taught to her by her grandfather had she not ******** up. However, what is done is done and she no longer had that luxury. She needed to learn the hard way. Onyx recalled the few things she read in that book she found...some of it still confused the hell out of her but other things, she understood more clearly. All Onyx knew right now at this moment was that she had a decision to make. Justice, revenge, Vindication were all different things and oni knew that she didn't want to harm people. Deep inside she would love nothing more than to be at as much peace as possible. At heart she would love to be able to just be herself, be real with someone. It would seem that, that was a figment of her imagination. She knew that she refused to harm innocent people and that those she did kill, be they bad guys, was still a life. Life should never be disrespected. Onyx wanted a new way of dealing death to those that had it coming to them.

Some might ask: Who are you to decide? How do you make that decision?
If you are someone that destroys a life for no reason at all, simply because you can or because it's "fun", If your existence is so mundane and pointless that it is all you have to do...then no one will miss you and you can just die! If you get a hard on by murdering children or other innocent men and women...then you need to die. If you dream about countless ways to make others suffer for no real good reason at all, if you daydream in the color red...you need to die. To Onyx this was straight forward and simple. If you did these things but didn't truly want to kill anyone then it meant your sick in the head and need to be committed. Or...you can just die. (lol)

She forced all of that from her mind for one moment and asked herself: What do you stand for?
She face palmed. "Holy s**t...I'm sailor moon" she mumbled.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

“Sailor ter the moon, I’m sorry I don’t remember yer 'avin' any Military credientials.”
Leon Stepped on the ship with a bag in his face, a smile on his face, and a pocket full of cash from playing on the streets of the town. The swarthy male actually had just came in a few moments ago. The swarthy male peeked at the Captain of the Aspers, stood and blinked. He was simply trying to make sense of what she said, Maybe it was an analogy, or based on some bizzaire show, how was he supposed to know? Instead of questioning himself any further he walked toward the raven haired girl and appeared right next to her, leaning on the same railing as she was.

“Yer’re out 'ere and yer were mumblin', did I miss anyfink wen I were gone?” The male was obviously concerned about who he had considered his best friend. After all, she was one of the few friends he knew, along with another female, one that he wasn’t sure he should mention in front of anyone. HE coughed but covered his hand with his fist. Wouldn’t want to spread his germs around, he had no clue what his DNA would do to any person on the ship, though he doubted it would be fatal, he also didn’t want to second guess anything.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Lance Graystone

Former Prince of Azarth

Mood: Calm I Health: Not good I Magic Level Level: Normal

Lance coughed, leaning against a building's wall and struggling to stay away. Blood swam in his vision and he felt like death. Death covered in slime covered in crap. Breathing carefully but not getting much out of it, Lance looked towards the ocean and the ship he had managed to escape from.

His sister Celeste was worried about him, and he knew now that she was right to be so worried. So he had to get away from the ship. His skin was spitting open, and every where he looked he was bleeding. He most likely looked like he was suffering from the plauge and he didn't want anyone else to see him this way. He was dying, at least he felt like he was, and would rather do that on his own terms.

He wondered deeper into the alley, wrapping his black jacket better around himself. As he moved, he bumped into a bum who yelled at him. He turned and growled at him, deep and sounding like a monster. He surprised and scared himself, and hobbled deeper into the alley to get away from the man. What was this thing turning him into?

He eventually fell on the ground after getting away from the bum. He used his jacket like a blanket and fell to sleep, glad to be away from the ship. He woke up before the sun rose racked with pain, sweating what he thought had to be more blood. He was going to die. How could he have so much blood?

His vision went red and all he smelled was blood. The blood that had poolled around him returned to him, but it wasn't enough. Lance's mind was a fury of pain and confusion, and he lost himself in the pain. He threw his head up and screamed.

Theme Song: N/A

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Ceasar Espinoza

Ceasar raised a single eyebrow at the redhead. Her worry about the current situation on the Aspers was completely justifiable. It didn’t help that she was also pregnant with his child. This alone caused the usually calm Ceasar to somewhat agree and even share her fear. The psionic brought Ailsa closer to him and began to rub her stomach. He felt the life that was currently growing in her womb, it was faint but it was there. That alone was enough to keep the smile on Ceasar’s tan colored face. “I think that’ll be a good idea, I think travelling would came naturally for everyone here…” Ceasar’s right hand moved into her long carrot colored hair.

“IF you want to move, that’s fine Might have to seel my grandmother’s antique store…” And that was the only reason he didn’t want to leave. His grandmother left him with something special, just walking away from it didn’t feel right to the young man.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
        User Image
                                User ImageAilsa Graystone

User Image

When you play with fire....

Ailsa put her head in her hands for a couple of moments, taking deep breaths before she nodded. "I don't want to move. I like Lockeport, even though its full of people who don't understand what a wonderful woman Onyx is." She had a fustrated expression on her face again thinking about it.

"But I think it might be a good idea to leave for just a little while. Maybe a couple of months. Just till things calm down in the town. Maybe the creeps will be gone by then." She leaned into him a little more, trying to keep herself calm.

"I don't want you to sell your grandmother's store. I know its important to you, and you should keep it."

//[L]ocation: Asper's deck //
                                              [C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              Nervous//
                                              tatus: Unharmed//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trexasle

User Image User Image

The bottom line was that there were people here...if not for the innocent towns people (that deserve it), but for those aboard her precious ship, that were worth fighting for. For that Onyx felt that her quest for the artifact she sought was worth the risk. Before she could set off for that though...she had one last order of business to attend to and one more decision to make. To join the mages guild...or not. There were rules in the mages guild that oni couldn't promise she couldn't break...she'd find a way around it. She always did. There was a particular potion recipe she was after. A very powerful one and only found in the contents of higher end books within the guild. Books that can only be accessed by members and not just the general public, the library in the 'restricted area'. It would seem that the only way to get her hands on it properly would be to join. Stealing it would be...very very bad. Not the kind of people you want to steal from when you yourself are not magic based nor incredibly skilled with potion making. As she stood there face in palm she heard a voice.

Lifting her head from her hand she looked to see that Leon had closed the distance and was now standing right next to her. She would say nothing to his first question. It was embarrassing and unimportant anyways. Shaking her head she spoke in that distinct, feminine but slightly husked tone of voice of hers.

"Naw, just musing I suppose. I have to head back to Sigil soon. I think I am going to join the mages guild there. I need it." she told him promptly changing the focus of the conversation.

After that ordeal was finished Oni fully planned on coming back and packing up some things from her room and set off on her own on the quest for that stone. Naturally she was going to do her best to give everyone the slip, not wanting to bring harm or injury to anyone aboard this ship. Smiling a little to Leon she nodded to his sack of jingling money.

"So I see you were popular with the crowd? How the hell did YOU manage to make any money at all what with this town being deathly afraid of all supernaturals?" Well...I mean look at him right? His eye's are ******** (in the most loveliest of ways of course) and his burn and markings to boot.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

Leon knew her long enough, To know that she was attempting to change the conversation. For the sake of their conversation, Leon would let the female run the conversation for now. The bronze skinned bard crossed his arm and chuckled at the female. “Well, yer certainly 'ave a strange way for doin' it, doesn’t goin' on ter oneself equate ter insanity?” It was mostly a joke he knew that the raven haired female wasn’t insane. Even if the captain was indeed psycho he doubted that she would be anymore different than he was in terms of conversating with others. She just had her unique quirks, which he missed oh so dearly during his time away from her. When Onyx spoke of joining the mage guild Leon raised his eyebrow.

“That sounds amazin', I wish I COULD teach yer meself, but we sort of 'ave a conflict of energy.” Teaching her would require him to use his energy around her. This wouldn’t be a problem if his energy wasn’t the electric element. He had already seen her during their fight that electricity was fatal to her, it kind of made him afraid of using any of his magic around her, unless it is one out of his element and thus non-harmful to her in any way shape or form.

The bard ruffled his long black hair and began to juggle the small bag of money in his hand with his right hand. “Hypnotism. Well partially, It seems that most 'umans luv the way I play don’t know why they never noticed well…my features” The bard stared down at himself and spun. “Any way…It seems wen I play I tend ter entice blokes more than I should, right, I realize that most 'umans fall prey ter music right easily." The bard stopped juggling the bag and smiled again.

“Haven’t been dis tricky since I were a kid, but at least this way I'm not 'urtin' any body, and they are technically givin' me the bloody cash.” He was right in that regard, all he did way play and the people of the town became entranced with his music, some were immune and some weren’t.

He never liked making the conversation about him though, it would fall too deeply on his past, and it was something he rather not talk about, regardless of His and Onyx’s friendship. The swarthy male turned his head back at the curvaceous female and smiled, his one good eye gleaming. “So, why the mages guild, right, yer seem ter be the type ter be more…physical…” Wait? Did he just play around with words in a sexual manner? Well he did, but he hadn’t realized. Sadly, it was another trait agained from another female, this time a rather…perverse female demon, during his time in Sigil.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

"doesn’t goin' on ter oneself equate ter insanity?”
"Pretty much." she said matter of fact with a large smile, something she hadn't done too much of as of late.

When Leon mentioned that he wished he could teach her she shrugged slightly.
"Exactly. It wouldn't work out anyways. Besides, it is hard to learn from other mates sometimes. It can be hard to take seriously when it is coming from someone you know or like." she told him truthfully.

Leon explained that when he plays, humans were essentially hypnotized. It was bloody brilliant! She wished she could hypnotize people...this made her frown slightly. She wiped it from her face quickly and nodded her head slowly.
"Leon that's amazing. What a clever way to make yourself some cash! Especially with you being not of this world and all. Just...be careful alright? Not everyone in this town is a fan remember. Still...this...gives me an idea, a way to maybe travel through the town a little easier. Though it might be awkward. I never would have thought I'd be walking around with my own theme song playing...." she was babbling more so to herself again. She really needed to stop doing that.

“So, why the mages guild, right, yer seem ter be the type ter be more…physical…”
That snapped her out of her own thought. At first her brows raised as her eye's slightly widened to his words. She was surprised to be certain. A series of rapid blinks proceeded that as the corner of her mouth tugged up into her signature cocky little grin.

"Physical...yes, usually...as an offense. Defense though...unless it's to the physical...I am more vulnerable and that my friend...is something I don't like nor want." she explained. One had to also see it coming, Onyx would eventually be after the ultimate immunity to lightning. Eventually she would want to scour the earth just to find such an item, potion, spell, etc, just to have it.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“I can see your point there captain.” At this moment Leon was certainly more to take orders rather than give them. He honestly had no clue how to lead and was never taught how to do so. Another reason why it wouldn’t be best for him to Train Onyx, that and they’d both probably laze off somewhere and drink tea for the first hour, talk, and forget to do any sort of magical training. It was a nice though however, but certainly wouldn’t work out, even if he wasn’t electricity based.

When she spoke on how impressed she was with his idea, a blush came across his cheeks andon top of his nose. The White shade differed from the normal human shade in itself. Honestly it felt strange when Onyx decided to compliment him. IT was something he was used to otherwise, just not from her. To say the least, it made him feel as if he was doing something correctly on this alien world “Well thanks, I fear doing this is a BIT mean spirited, but I fink it’s okay…hopefully…” The bard leans his back toward the ailing of the ship, mostly so he could get a look at the face of the raven haired female.

"Sort of reminds me of me childhood wen I used ter steel gemstones from the cornerstore, Man, if that cashier could spot my t'day 'e’ll probably wonder why I never went ter jail yet.”

The bard paused, the memories played back into his mind vividly. He wasn’t exactly the most honorable person as a child, and it served to fit him during his life as a bard. It was taken as being a step ABOVE a thief, for you were actually stealing and fighting with the power of your skill and tongue, not through physical trickery, but mental instead.

Speaking of physicality, his eyes wandered back to the physique of Onyx when she began to speak about her lack of defensive ability. “That is certainly sumfink ter 'ave a look out for, maybe yer’ll find a shield skill that’ll absorb Electrical energy.” A smile grew on his face. “Making it that much harder for your opposition to kill you eh? I like that idea.” He wrapped his arms around her neck again in a sort of a bro-hug that they have both gotten used to during his stay here. Something that was specifically for them, it made him feel a bit special, as far as he knew he was the only person who ever hugged Onyx in this manner.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

He spoke of being mean spirited. "Leon...half of the town more than deserves it...remember?" she said giving a sort of stressed, sad sigh.
"hnm?" she turned her head slightly to look at him as he recalled his childhood and spoke of stealing. Oh the thought of him stealing gems from a corner store was hilarious to Onyx. This placed another smile to her full fat lips.

"maybe yer’ll find a shield skill that’ll absorb Electrical energy...Making it that much harder for your opposition to kill you eh?...”
"I just might have to do that and that is the plan. Glad you like it" she responded right before he threw his arm around her neck in type of hug.
"Oof!" her one eye squinted to a close as her lips curled up in a bit of a smile as she looked at him. Her right arm hesitated a moment before wrapping around his backside to loosely hold onto him, a sign of acceptance and acknowledgement.
"first thing is first...the transfiguring potion that I want" she finished by saying as she unsquinted her eye.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“I mean overall, I don’t like the need ter control uvvers, It’s just a bit off puttin' ter me yer know?” The place still had his right around wrapped around her neck, but was surprised when she wrapped her arm across the backside of his back. The white hue returned to his face for just a moment, before the swarthy alien turned back toward Onyx and laughed.

“I ave no doubt yer'll do well there, Yor quite the tough one, and if yor tenacity is ANYTHING like yor toughness, I don't fink yer'll 'ave any problems learnin' magic."

For some reason he was also beginning to love the sense of a fight. Maybe it was his inner soldier, but he found the desperation of fighting somebody, and the action behind it to be spectacular.

When Onyx spoke of a transfiguring potion, the black haired alien raised his eyebrow, green eyes stared into the topaz hues of his captain. “Why would you need that?” Of course he didn’t forget about her recent issues in Aspers. In fact, it was one of the reasons he wanted her to go to Sigil, she needed to step away for a while, not only to let things cool down, but to get some fresh air for herself. Leon couldn’t explain it, but a piece of him hurt, to see Onyx in such a situation like this, even more when he saw her so shaken up during her sentencing by the mayor.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

"I know and thank you" she responded to his first two statements.
Onyx was back and she meant it. She had a lot of time to think and think she did do. So when she spoke she did so with a scoffing laugh.

"Pft...Leon...c'mon...I am forever Onyx! This blasted town can't keep me down! I need it so that way I can roam this place as I damn well please. Sometimes I am ashamed to say I am human...okay, a lot of the times I am ashamed to say that I am human! Oh if only I could handle being anything else but!" she shook her head lightly that made her raven stresses flick and shake in the breeze.

She was going to develop a new way to do her...'work' when the time came to it. It was going to require a lot of work, retraining herself and trying to kick two hundred plus years of bad habits in order to pull it off. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, might as well give it a go right. She was in the market to learn new things, more things, and further evolve herself. It was big change for Onyx and she was nervous about it all yes, but what with recent events, she could recognize the signals of change. Not to mention that she also needed a new focus that didn't involve people trying to kill her be they towns people or Metal and Rysen. It had been a full day, it was now drifting into night and Metal had not yet emerged from her room. She was afraid to go back inside! She was afraid of Metal opening his eye's, to have them start up or down at her in hues of Blue and not purple. At the same time it was her damn room and she wasn't going to be muscled out of it! She wouldn't mind that for the moment.

"I think I should head to Sigil soon."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“That’s the Onyx I know!” Leon began to clap and whistle at her speech. It wasn’t quite the audience but his praise would have to do. The man slowly loosened the hug, certainly he didn’t want the captain of the aspers being caught in a bro hug scenario with some weird alien creature. His heart slightly fell when she spoke about being ashamed to be human, the alien raised his eyebrow. “Honestly? I don’t see why you should be. Maybe yer aren’t as adept as most creatures, right, but yor certainly more unique, maybe not in 'ave a looks, but certainly in persona, will, and variety, do wot guvnor! AT least from wot I’ve seen.” It was something that Leon admired about Humans, especially Onyx. However, It was that same uniqueness that was both their weakness and their strength. This also lead to so many different thoughts and beliefs, something that Onyx seem to be going through first hand.

“Ah, I just came from Sigil actually, finks are beginnin' ter clear up.” The bard said with a smile on his face.

“Met a alot of new people at a nearby bar there…and some…uvver ones as well.”

The bard massaged his right arm which had a freshly made scar on the side of it. His laughter also stopped when he cringed and held his stomach. The swarthy male paused for a second and went back into his smile. “Sorry, ribs are still a bit tender.” He grinned and walked toward the seats near the campfire “Let’s relax for a wile fough, no reason not ter enjoy yorself before yer go travellin', Haven’t said some of that Rooibos tea in a wile actually.”

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image User Image

"Blah..." she muttered as she pushed against him with her hands to put distance between them. It was done in a playful manner. Complete with smile. No assembly required.

She was listening though. She heard him speak about Sigil and then about rooibos tea and it made her stop and throw her head back with a bark of a laugh.
"Alright then. You wait here while I go brew some up and maybe you can tell me about these on goings in sigil." she would walk off to head down and into her ship.

While at the bar she set the kettle to boil the water she filled it with. Oni placed the loose tea leaves into the pot and placed it on a tray along with two cups. Going into the kitchen she dipped into the fridge and pulled out a box of bakery goods. Returning back to the bar she set the box on the same tray, albeit slightly awkwardly, and waited. Water boiled she filled the pot to the brim and then picked up the tray and made the trek back up on deck and to the fire pits. Setting said tray down oni would then light the pit before them on fire. It was more for light than it was for the heat but you know...
"Nmualright...so...omn..mm..tell me...'bout these angm....people or whatever" she said with a mouth full of cake.

Onyx would pour the tea into the cups and open the box of goodies to pull out a tiramisu square. Sitting down with it and her tea she began to munch on it happily...the only time she was content to shut the hell up was when carbs were shoved under her nose!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff