Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

12,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image { Shiara ~ Race: Human ~ Outfit: Ensemble~ Location: Random Bedroom Lv 3}

She just stared, he rose stretching and there was so much of him, she told herself to look away when he got up with the trash can but she couldn't. When he vanished into the restroom to continue the same delightful process that she'd just gone through, she slowly, very slowly, pivoted to face the doorway looking in at him. She knew what the residue of the liquor felt like for her right now so she had a sense of sympathy for him in that regard. Actually the fact that he was in there losing the anti-gravity battle made him far less intimidating.

With surprising courage for her sober self, it helped that none of this seemed quite real yet, she grabbed the robe off the back of the door, found her gloves on the floor behind the chair, and moved in. She grabbed a face cloth and ran it under cool water, then with the utmost care so that her fingertips wouldn't touch his neck she picked up as much of his hair as she could for him and held it out of the way, placing the damp cloth across the base of his skull.

In the rather toneless voice of someone who is obviously dazed and confused she said, "Shiara... not Shera..." and then voice quivering the slightest bit asked, "Is this... is this what they call a blackout... or did I royally **** up and lose control of myself last night. Because... because whatever the reason... I don't remember..." She couldn't finish she was starting to shake a little as genuine fear took hold in her mind, the last time she'd woken up in a very strange situation, with no memory whatsoever, it was because she'd lost control over her mimicry. If something similar had happened this time... all because she was ignorant and stupid and insisted on imbibing all those drinks... how would she ever face Raziel.

She had vowed to take responsibility for her actions, to train hard... starting this very morning... Oh no, oh sweet lords above, please don't let him find me here like this, can't I at least figure out what is going on before I have to face him again. She stayed put holding Heiden's hair but now she was peering out the bathroom door, at the door to the room, with a dread fear that any minute Raziel would track her down intending to start her on the rigors of mimicry control... He would knock right... and she could break open the bathroom window and dive into the open sea to escape... yes surely if he came for her there was some clever way to avoid questions.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

He was surprised...she had come over to nurse him like a mother...in a robe for herself. He smacked the cool cloth out of her hands.
                              "NO...I am not naked here or anything!?" he said standing quickly...bad move...he staggered into the wall. Heiden would go and grab himself a robe and throw it over himself tying it at the waist. He stopped, back to her and sighed ...he turned around looking a little angry but working very very VERY hard to remain looking compassionate.
                              "I am sorry I wasn't what you were expecting ... I only remember bits and pieces of it myself but at least you didn't wake up to a two ton trucker." he said folding his arms to his chest.
                              She had said she didn't remember. He stared at her a moment...she really didn't remember? Heiden had a choice here. He could not tell her and make up some lie...or be a man and own up and tell her.
                              "No...you...I mean WE royally ******** up. You might not remember it but I remember bits and pieces. Enough to know that we royally ********] he shook his head his hands coming up like whoa whoa wait a minute. He pinched the bridge of his nose.
                              "Now see...when it's said like that it makes it sound like our predicament is really that bad. Let's...let's step back and look at this..." he began pacing.
                              "It's not like were ugly right...I mean...if this was to happen...well...we're good candidates. I have never done anything like this before...and well...we were drunk. I mean...so whatever, maybe last night was great or maybe it was awful...at least we'll never know right? Why...why should we freak out that it even happened?" he said trying to rationalize this.
                              'Why should we feel bad for acting under the influence? Whatever. I am not going to feel bad about it. I am not going to start punishing myself." he ran both of his hands into his hair.
                              "You on the other hand....slept with the Captains son so...have fun with that!" he teased. He was just as horrible as Raziel when it came to this kind of thing.
                              "I am just kidding...well...not really but you know what I mean. Look...I won't tell if you don't....unless you wanna parade our sexual pride around to the public of course. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to" he said that last part somberly as a joke. Heiden was doing his best to make light of the situation.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lex 'Birdie' Affliction

Rude Girl, Tattooist, Not Afraid.

The Scars Of Your Love, They Leave Me Breathless

I Dun Give A F@*%^

Lex looked at her and sighed.
"Lemme get dressed and I'll go with you. Li tore my shirt to shreds so I need to change anyways." she said looking at her.
Draven eyes got dark. Seemed everyone had company last night. She just smiled and nodded her head.
"Yeah sure, you can help me set up shop. The tables and back chairs should all be there. And plus we gotta paint those windows. I dont want people to be able to look in and see." she said smiling lightly.
Lex nodded and padded off to Li's room and grabbed her boots and a few other things.

Draven sat there at the bar pouring another cup and watching the sky through the small windows on the other side of the room.
Happiness is a warm gun ran through her head and she just smiled lightly.
Wasnt that the truth.

12,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image { Shiara ~ Race: Human ~ Outfit: Ensemble~ Location: Random Bedroom Lv 3}

Shiara felt first like she got slapped and then like he was speaking a foreign language. She staggered out of the bathroom after him and watched as he ranted and raved, he was so very agitated... what had she done to the poor guy. Bits and pieces slowly knit together as she listened, 'what you were expecting'... 'two ton trucker'... 'not like were ugly right'... 'good candidates'... It was about the time that he said, 'I am not going to start punishing myself.' that she realized something other then 'her' going crazy must have happened here. And then he said it clearly, 'slept with the Captains son'... 'sexual pride'

"Will you just stop rambling on for one bloody minute!" Shesh he came off really rather annoying at this moment in time, certainly not gallant in the least. Towards the end he sounded like a regular cocky jerk in fact. He was behaving like a kid who'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and didn't want to face any consequences for having a sweet tooth... while he was sleep walking. Yes that was the scenario. Captain's brat indeed, was this the accomplished 19 year old graduate that she'd felt so eager to meet last night. She felt... she felt pissed.

Shiara turned away from him and took up a seat in the room's only chair, pulling her feet up onto the cushion and tucking the edges of the robe in tightly around her toes. Only once she was there, arms securely wrapped around her legs, did she feel 'protected' enough to let out her words, what 'she' was feeling. "Damn you Heiden. I was all worked up thinking I'd lost control over my gift and attacked you or something. You could have answered my question clearly without throwing a tantrum. Just let me make sure I understand you correctly. The only think that happened that you can recall, is we both got drunk and had... and had sex." Her boldness and sense of righteous anger cracked when she had to say it out loud like that. It wasn't nearly as 'little' a thing to her as she tried to make it sound, but in comparison to what she had been fearing...

And then she went on not bothering to give him the chance to confirm or deny it, she understood perfectly well what he had said and 'that' was another thing. "Sorry you regret f****** me. This has to be the most monumentally unfair crap shoot I could have imagined. I wait 16 yrs and give in when I'm so drunk that I can't even remember afterwards. Brilliant combination of firsts wouldn't you say. I taste my first alcohol and have so little restraint and self-control that I obliterate my nonexistent tolerance for the s***, and to make it extra special for some reason decide to go have my first intercourse with a jack a** who can only complain afterwards."

She paused for a quick breath, she was being mean, he didn't deserve this level of scorn, but she felt really vulnerable learning that she had lost her virginity under such stupid circumstances. And to have him seemingly rejecting her afterwards... This was the only defense she had against tears, and she refused to give him that satisfaction of seeing her cry over it. Better to attack unjustly then to sit here and start wallowing. Tone turning snide she said, "Well that explains why I'm so sore down there, you must have really banged the s*** out of me. And you can't even do me the decency of saying if it was any good or not, because 'you' only remember bits and pieces. That's more then I'm left with but perhaps that's better, you won't have to worry about your shameful moment of weakness getting out. Why should I want to remember sleeping with a man who only wants to sweep it under the bed like a dirty little secret." She was being a right little brat herself, a fiery redheaded harpy determined to rake him up on side and down the other. But how could he know she was doing it out of self defense. In her eyes Heiden was older the her, better looking then her, more experienced then her, and if she couldn't invent a time reversal spell... Then what she wanted most was to just fade away and be left alone to cry her eyes out, and bitterly mourn her own blessed conceited faults that had landed her in such a position.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

"Will you just stop rambling on for one bloody minute!" she snapped. He stopped...the smile slide off this face...no time to prepare for her tidal wave of a response. He took it all face first.
                              How was he acting like a jerk? Or a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar? He had been nothing but considerate. He knew based upon her words which might I add were offensive to begin with, her: "Is this... is this what they call a blackout... or did I royally **** up and lose control of myself last night." comment. One that clearly indicated that she had no idea what had happened. No, a jerk would have been lying to her. Make up some story as to what had happened. Heiden wasn't unable to admit or deal with the consequences. He said it fully out loud that he wasn't going to feel bad for this. He clearly stated that they were both good looking and so what that the alcohol had gotten the better of them.

"Damn you Heiden. I was all worked up thinking I'd lost control over my gift and attacked you or something. You could have answered my question clearly without throwing a tantrum." His eye's grew wide. "Damn YOU Heiden"? What was this all about? Shouldn't it be "Damn IT Heiden"? What was she on about loosing control over her gift? He was starting to actually get scared here. Did he just roll around in the sack with a lunatic? Now he was a child throwing a tantrum? He tried to think back...when had he yelled?
                              "E-excuse me? I wasn't aware that trying to rationalize the situation was considered to be a tantrum to you!" he said with a cocked brow and a seriously not impressed tone behind his throat.

Shiara had asked for clarification "Yes. THE ONLY THING that happened was that we got drunk and - " he thought he had made it rather clear the first time but apparently she needed more. He didn't even get the chance to properly finish ... she deepened the wound.

"Sorry you regret f****** me." his mouth was hanging open and he had on that expression like: are you ******** kidding me right now? Where did she get the right to even say that!? Heiden had been the one to say to her that HE was sorry that he wasn't what SHE had been expecting when she made the notion that their night together was a '********' up. He even had corrected him self and had said that "We royally ******** up". Now she was really sitting here harping on him? But it didn't stop. She went on and on about how sorry she was basically for messing up her royal life. She nailed the lid to the coffin with her for some reason decide to go have my first intercourse with a jack a** who can only complain afterwards."

Rejection? This girl had a real twisted sense of rejection. If being told (essentially) that she was beautiful, that he wasn't going to say anything to anyone if she didn't want him to, that they shouldn't feel bad for doing it and trying to be at least warm and humorous about it, was rejection? Something was seriously wrong here. Was she even listening to a single word he had said? Or was she more concerned about herself? She was the biggest, stuck up snot he had ever met. He had not just finished saying that he had never done anything like this before? And now he was a tantrum throwing jack a**. His chest felt tight...he didn't know whether to cry or punch her in the face. Since the later would be considered unethical and crying wasn't something he did in front of others...he just glared at her.

Now she was complaining that he ******** her too hard and then yelling at him for only being able to remember bits and pieces of the night. Cause...right....he totally did this on purpose. He wanted to grab her by her scrawny neck and shake her if it would help her brains to fall back into their rightful place. Who kissed who first here? Suddenly now Heiden was ashamed? and worried about his 'dirty little secret' getting out? His finger tips were numb, his throat was dry. He finally blinked. It was slow. He was so silent and still a pin drop would sound like a sonic boom in the room. She was horrible! He regretted every compliment he had given her. She didn't deserve not another moment of his time or breath. He cast his silver eye's to the ground a moment...he looked as though he was about to cry. He exhaled, you could almost hear the thoughts : Hedien...just move your feet. One in front of the other...
                              He moved forwards and grabbed his clothing...and walked out the door.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
Draven Malaki
Everyday Something Hits Me All So Cold, Find Myself Sitting By Myself, No Excuses That I Know

Returning Home

Draven sat there getting imaptient, she had work she needed to get done and Lex was taking for ******** ever.
She sighed running a hand through her thick wild mane and filled her cup back up with coffee, heavy violet eyes watching the hallways for Lex.
This would be her third cup. At least she'd be on a sugar rush getting the shop put together.
She figured she would get it set up and set sail one last time with Heiden. Head back to the islands to get her favorite inks and such.

Her mind wandered to Mika. She didnt want to see him today, especially after last night,
being all sweaty and in her bed tied around a girl. Her nose scrunched up.
"I dont wanna touch those goddamned balnkets..." she mumbled sipping her coffee.
Mika was going to want to talk. And she had avioded him for long enough now.

She didnt have to justify her reasoning behind retiring. She owed no one an explination damn it. This was her life and since she was going to live forever she might as well do what she loved.
sailing is what you love though Draven..
She though for a moment.
Yes it was a passion of hers. But the hum of that machine in her hand was like no other high in her life. She could block everyone and everything out with that machine.
She saw only the skin and the needle. Nothing else.
All her worries, stress, fears.
All those were gone for that session.
It was her escape.

She leaned her head on her hand, waiting, her patience growing thin.

[[OOC:]]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

He moved move rather quickly bursting into his black smoke and phasing himself into his bedroom that was also down on the third level. He'd toss his clothes to his bed and run himself a hot shower. He would scrub himself and let the tears flow. He had never felt so horrible in his life. The after fizz of drunkenness was most definitely gone. He was so alert it was annoying. Sniffling now and again he just couldn't get over it. No matter how hard he washed...he was still left feeling shameful. He felt like he had rape the girl and received the verbal thoughts on how disgusting that was...how disgusting he was. He did have emotion. He did have a heart...shattered into a million pieces and running down the drain. After about 2 hours, the water gone cold he finally got out. Dried he dress in fresh clothes and went and sat at his desk...he just stared at his elven crown that sat so perfectly. His hands came up to cover his face as his face broke out into pain and he cried.

"Stop it damn it!...why are you crying!? Just stop this at once. Focus Heiden...focus..." he took a deep breath and dried his face and cleared his throat.

Heiden sat there in contemplation. What was he going to do? How was he going to face his mother like this? She who would take one look at him and see that he was upset internally. Damn her and her abilities!! Heiden wouldn't be able to lie to her so why try right? He thought he ought to just hide in his room for as long as he could until he could figure something out.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
Draven Malaki
Everyday Something Hits Me All So Cold, Find Myself Sitting By Myself, No Excuses That I Know

Returning Home

she sat there finally growling. Did she drown in the damn shower?
She gave up on Lex and dug through her bag and couldnt find her hooded scarf.
She huffed.
Great its with Heidens things. She would have to go to his room and get it. She had no idea if he was even in there. She tossed her bag away from her in anger. Today was not going to be a good day. The caffine was making her jittery too.

She stomped off to Heiden's room, nearing the door she went to throw it open, but heard someone in there tears? what....ahhhh...damn
She just leaned there, resting her forehead wondering if she should just forget her scarf or not.
On one hand she might be leaving. On the other though she might be staying.
She growled to herself again and lifted her hand and knocked on the door gently.

"Heiden? I need to get my scarf, I left it with your stuff on accident..." she said in a soft voice.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Unlike most people who wake up with a hang over, that was not the case with Raziel. While he could get drunk his system had a better filtration system. He had woke and found a bathroom and pissed for like...ten minutes straight. Back in the bar he saw poor Jenica was still sleeping. When he tried to wake her she groaned and made a lurching motion as though she was about to throw up. Thankfully it was a burp. Still...equally gross right?
                                          "Jenica...come on dear...let me help you get to a proper bed" he said scooping her up bridal style. As to avoid any motion of prolonged movement he took her down to a room via his symbiote. He would place her in a room that had no windows down on the third level. He actually sat with her for a little bit holding back her hair when she would throw up soothing her with a "It's okay, just get it out of your system" and when she had done it enough times he'd feed her some bread. He kept her on a very strict regiment of water. Alcohol was very very dehydrating and pumped the blood full of far too much sugar. Hence why it was so hard on the liver. It really was a fantastic way of destroying your liver and blowing out your pancreas with prolonged abuse. He hoped Jenica didn't do this too often. Soon...jenica would fall to sleep and the real healing could begin. Raziel would leave her quarters and return to his office to become one with the other Raziel that had his children. It was time to head on out so that way he could feed them...

Symbiote: Here
                                          The Black Smoke: There
                                          In Flight: His Wings
                                          His Current Threads: Outfit
                                          The Flesh: Physique
                                          Etchings: Markings *Looks like scarification when not in Viribus Form

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

His face was dry but his eye's looked a bit glossy. 'Come on in' he said. When she entered he was sitting towards the back of the room at his desk. He smiled softly at her. He felt worse for some reason. Sure he and Draven weren't in a committed relationship together but at least he never felt like this when sleeping with her. His experience had always been so good.
                              'Hey...your scarf is hanging up over there by my mirror' he said pointing to the black gilded mirror that had once belong to his father.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
Draven Malaki

Returning Home

She went in and smiled at him as best she could. She looked over at the mirror and went to it, recognizing it. She took her scarf in her hands and looked at the old mirror. Soverus used to let her play dress up in her mothers dresses and spin her around in front of that mirror when he watched her. She smiled fondly memories.

She turned and looked at Heiden. He looked pretty torn up about something. She kept her comments to herself tilting her head slightly.
"Are...are you okay?" she asked, folding her scarf in her hands

12,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image { Shiara ~ Race: Human ~ Outfit: Ensemble~ Location: Random Bedroom Lv 3 -> Shiara's Room Lv 2}

If she had wanted to be alone to process and have a good cry then she should be happy when he left without hardly another word... right? She sat in the chair in stunned silence for a good half an hour before she realized that she had neither moved, nor had she really been thinking. She just stared at the space where he had been standing, eyelids blinking, heart beating, lungs expanding and contracting... everything functioning perfectly normally... and yet nothing seemed to be working at all.

Shiara didn't know what she'd been expecting when she let her mouth run wild, she had been acting on emotions of panic and fear... and more then a little self loathing. If anything she had figured he'd yell at her in return... maybe, he had certainly been worked up and angry looking enough before she tore into him. Yet he claimed that it had simply been his way of trying to rationalize... had she really misinterpreted him that badly.

She had anticipated questions... after she unintentionally mentioned her cursed mimicry, it didn't deserve to be called a gift. Shiara had to wonder what she had copied off of him, whatever it was must have been pretty benign since the experience didn't stick in his memory. She supposed she would never know what little he could tell her... because the thing she definitely hadn't expected to see was that expression on Heiden's face, as though she had hurt him with her words.

Shiara realized then that she had zero chance at making all the pieces fit and coming to any kind of logical conclusions about the whole affair, she had needed to talk it all out with the person who had shared in it... and instead she had given him an earful of prejudices and assumptions. She had just chased out the door the one man who could tell her about this night... their night. Brilliant... it was such a fine mess that she started laughing out loud, trying to find humor in it... but the laughing instantly turned hysterical... and then it dissolved into racking sobs and tears. Shiara had her cry.

When her energy was spent she made her self stand up and go looking for her own clothing, she had to get back to her room, she needed to put this night behind her and find some semblance of collected self control before she faced Raziel. To her profound discomfort it wasn't all there... heck the only thing she could find in addition to her gloves was her skirt... and the clasps on it had been broken. With a groan she glared up at the ceiling, blinking rapidly, determined not to start crying again. Why couldn't she remember... Get over it! You have to move on. Her face settled into a concentrated mask of determination and she took what she could and left... skirting the halls with nervous glances in every direction till she reached her room once more.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

He chuckled very softly "Just had a rough night. I drank far more than and I wanted to and...I am paying for it dearly. Every time I vomit my eye's water from the pressure. It's disgusting." he said speaking in soft tones.
                              "How about you? Are you alright? Heading off to open up your shop?" he asked changing the subject.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
Draven Malaki

Returning Home

Draven looked at him for a minute taking it in.
She had a hunch about what happened, but just shrugged her shoulders. Not her place, nor any reason to get mad.
"This is why I dont drink. Stupid decisions are always made." she said lightly, running a hand through her hair.
"Yeah...just confused, but good. And yes, Figured I would try and get that done today. I have to lot to do and need to set up. Lex was supposed to be coming with me to help, but apparently she has drowned in the shower. So I guess Im doing it alone." she said glancing at her hands.
She looked back at him and smiled again.
"You can come with if you want. Or stop by today, which ever." she said.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

He considered her words a moment..."Yeah, stupid things can happen it's true...but I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason." he said.
                              When she said that she had been waiting for her friend and was going to go open up shop, she invited him. He really needed to speak to Raziel. Raziel was his best friend and he had been in this very situation not long before. He would understand. Not to mention that right now...girls were the last things he wanted to be around.
                              "I will definitely stop by but right now I just need to get right and start feeling...whole again. What can I say turns out i am an emotional creature after all. The feeling of being hung over makes me miserable." he smiled softly again. He looked so drained.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff