Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 2982 2983 2984 > >> >>> »|

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Play 'Pirates' Heart'

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Have a suggestion or a comment regarding this thread/guild? Click the feedback tab to let us know!

Anniversary Date: February 5th 09
The Asper is: 7 years old

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
FOR WORLD MAP CLICK HERE

User Image

User Image

elcome to Stros M'kai, merchants cove. It can be a busy place, a working place, a place full of so much life but also a place away from prying eye's. M'kai is involved in export and import of many goods these days giving it it's title of Merchants cove. The old charm of the island can still be seen and felt as it's tudor style homes are interwoven with brick structures. Stros M'kai is not without it's rural area's either, forestry, mountain, and even scattered beaches. For those arriving by aircraft, the tower located in Hunding Bay has air hangers built right into it. But it is at the southern tip of Stros M'kai known as Saintsport, that you will find the infamous ship known as the Asper.

Anchored by four anchors the ship sits still on the waters. Perhaps you have already heard of the Asper? No barnacles or signs of age and decay seem to be present, yet upon approach the ship gives off it's own eerie vibe. Like a sleeping dragon whom hordes deep dark secrets of long ancient past, even the ships minor creaks and groans sound like the musings of a beast. Painted in black and red like war paint, though this ship is out of service, it still bares the long lost signs of pride. Crowning the top of the crows nest, an authentic pirate flag could still yet be seen.

Walking up the board walk and stepping onto the deck is when things start to come to light. This is no longer a pirate ship on the inside. Augmented for luxury you see a few immediate amenities. You notice the pristine condition of the wood, the ornately carved spindles and railings, the immaculate detailing put into the craft of every brace, buckle, clamp and nail. How could such a beautiful ship on the inside bare such an ominous presence on the outside? Something tells you that there is a story to be told.

Your eye's take the time to look around on deck before heading to the closest door sitting on your left. When you are ready you move to it and open the door. You notice three steps that take you down into a sunken living room styled room. When your eye's adjust to the dimmer atmosphere you realize that it is a bar.

Welcome to the Asper.

(IMAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

User Image

tros M'kai exists in the realm of Gaia in an area known as Volenfell. ( Gaia in this RP- is a dimensional world that is parallel to earth's). We use Portkeys (ie. Object that act as gateways) that can take you between realms (earth and others) connected to Gaia. What those portkeys are, are totally up to you.

Stros M'kai isn't a metropolis but it is substantial and comprises the span of the entire island. It is divided into three sectors known as: Saintsport, Hunding Bay (Bay District), and Hightown.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

User Image

Ships Maps

User Image

Top Deck Decor
User Image

Located on the left side of the
deck is the pit. It holds up to
10 people.

User Image

Located out on deck 3 above
the Captains quarters is our pool. A cozy
firepit helps to keep you warm while in the
hot tub, which sit's above the pool!

User Image

Also Located on M1 in front of the 4th mast is the
outdoor bar, surrounded by cushioned chaise lounges.

User Image

Level One Decor

User Image

This is the Bar. It is stocked with every
thing you could need or want.

User Image

The eating area. Food is usually
on request anything can be made to your
liking.

User Image

Level 2 Decor

User Image

The bed rooms are non-personal which, means
they belong to no one specific. Each room on lv 2 looks the same.Level 2 rooms
have access to a small balcony.

User ImageUser Image

This is the indoor lounge
with it's carved wood appeal. The lounge
is outfitted with a wall mounted projection
screen for movie watching plus book cases
for a mini library. It also contains a fireplace.

User Image

The game room! It has a
pool table, dart board as well as a few
classic arcade machines
including pinball.

User Image

Aspers indoor hot tub can
hold up to 5 people at one time

User Image

Level 3 decor

User Image

The bedrooms on level 3 look the same and are also non-personal. Level 3 rooms do not have access to a balcony but a bit bigger than level 2 rooms.

User Image

heart Games in the game room! heart

Bust A Move
Pool
pinball
Mahjong
Sushi Cat
Bejeweled and other wicked popcap games!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Updated Monday March 7th 2016
The Asper is now resuming it's business.

Updated Sunday November 15th 2015
I am taking a small break to do some other things as the Asper is under construction in the Roleplay. The Asper will be returning, updated.

Friday April 24th 2015
Concerning Day Changes ~ Players will be given warning about impending day changes by myself. Anyone not online at the time of the day change may finish up their scene in past tense upon their return.

Friday May 23rd 2014
A quick rundown of where the Asper currently is. They were in the Gaia realm in Samara when an event occurred that was triggered by some sort of hexed port key, in the disguise of an hourglass pedant. It's destination was set for Lockeport, human realm but during a scuffle the coordinates somehow got tampered. The Asper was transported to a random place still in the gaian realm to the far west along a coastal line called Stros M'kai - Port Hunding.

Saturday, June. 11, 2011.
Asper updates will no longer be posted here on the front page. Instead those who are permanent guests will receive all updates via the Guild. If you wish to join as a Permanent Guest or simply would like all updates concerning the Asper, please Join here.

User Image

Before you make a post

While this is definitely a no profiles needed, walk in sort of Rp, I do require you to read. That might be a silly request but I've been around long enough to know, a lot of people don't read. It's vital here. I've taken the time to try and bring you a slice of my world. Do me this honor. Read.

This is a very laid back thread. It experiences the dead zone and sometimes for lengthly periods of time. Sometimes it is fast paced and there are multiple stories going. So if your serious or interested in this thread I recommend you joining the guild list. Whenever there is something changed, added, or important messages, it's given to you via the guilds messaging system. So if your looking for a high strung, action packed, stuffed thread, I regret to inform you that this isn't it.

About post styles and literacy

Alright...so...to not infringe on anyone's "freedom" right but to also appeal to my own wishes for this thread, simply post more than five lines. I understand that some people LOVE lengthly and wordy posts while others prefer simple posts. I understand that not all of you enjoy reading. I understand that everyone, including myself can be lazy or have writers blocks or encounter someone who doesn't inspire you to post something meaty back. However...I encourage detail. I aim to help others get better. Reading is a part of Rp'ing. I wont demand that you use location tags, but many find it very helpful. You do not have to use fancy borders, images, texts and other fancy post styles. Try to use proper spelling. Spacing your post in certain ways, posting in font 14+ to make your posts look longer doesn't work either, lol just a heads up.

Literacy

Literacy to me is someone who can read a post clearly and respond with detail that both pertains to the subject content and stays on topic. It is inspiring enough to keep posts going and has at least proper spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/ is very useful as is the thesaurus portion of the web site when one wishes to make their posts a little more colorful.

Literacy to me is NOT someone who fills their posts with big fancy words (doesn't know what they really mean) to the point where their posts no longer makes sense. Literacy to me is NOT when someone makes a post so bloody poetic that your speaking in another 'language' by which only the writer understands. Literacy to me is NOT when you post such a big post of redundant information in font 14+, and think that just because it looks long means your suddenly "literate".

Lastly and this is a big one: Think before you call someone or someone's thread "illiterate" Please look up the definition Literacy. Understand that when you slam someone's 'Literacy' your slamming their education and reading and writing skills. That they are unknowledgeable and unskilled and while sometimes this might be true, some people could have dyslexia or forms of it.
Frankly I'm sure your piss pot isn't that clean to be saying those sorts of things about others anyways. It has nothing to do with the length of your posts, the words used ( unless its chat speak and the like ), how long you've been on Gaia, how popular you are on Gaia and so forth. Be courteous, be kind and it will come back to you three fold...If not well... Karma can be a real b***h.

Common Sense & Fighting (Your rules)

Make sure you understand the rules. I didn't say you had to like them, agree with them, but understand them. They are the rules to my thread and really...they are very very easy rules to comply with. I promise. Most of it is standard issue so it shouldn't be anything too new to you. People that break rules get warned. People that habitually break rules get banned. People that purposefully break rules get banned & blacklisted. Also very standard issue.

1a . (The courtesy rule)Read what has been requested. I want you to have the best Rp experience while here aboard the Asper. Your only short changing yourself by not reading.

1. If you have begun a steady story arch in my thread, (or you are in the midst of a time event) and you decided to drop the rp, (or something in your real life came up) please don't leave us hanging. PM me. I feel its rude to subject others to waiting for days on end for you. Likewise if we have to figure out ways to continue the Rp without you. Other wise after 3 days we will move on in the rp without you.

2. Really try not to ignore people! It’s hard to find a good place to RP we strive to be different and know what its like to be ignored. So don’t do it to others.

3. No quote towers please. When Quoting someone and the quote is long, please just do a
[quote="onyx2047"][/quote]
That way the person knows they've been quoted and the thread stays nice and clean. If you do not like/prefer to not be quoted please pm the person and kindly tell them not to.

4. Multiple characters can be great. They can enhance an rp and keep multiple people entertained. It can also be a disaster when you don't come online. It can come across as character hording & detour other players from even bothering to Rp. It's already happened before. It is why this is being mentioned. So think about what you can honestly handle.

5. Romance is always encouraged…wouldn’t be right without the simple pleasures of life, however keep it clean, tasteful, ensuring that your not stepping on gaia's ToS toes.

6. DO NOT make lame or whinny posts for attention or expect to be entertained. Come in and interact. Make an effort and it will be rewarded.

7. FIGHTING I prefer to be done out on the deck. There is no set ring or arena for fighting as it's a ship. Just know that if it's in the bar, it's ASSUMED that you've paid for what you've damaged. I will rp it as such.

8. Anything that goes against ToS or your standard gaia rules is a no go here. Failure to comply will land you on the black list.

9. Don't disgrace yourself. If you've got a great idea for a story plot that you'd like to do here that's going to affect us all, let's work together as to avoid story conflict. PM me about it.

If it's in MY thread I'd like to know what's going down! I'd like to be a part of it. No one likes floundering about not knowing how to better carve their own stories. Rp'ing is suppose to be about creating stories with multiple people. You can't do that if you don't share a little about what's on your mind. Failure to comply with this rule will land you on the black list. Why? Because it shows an out right lack of respect to me and my thread.

10. Please post 5 lines or more as often than not. How can you have a conversation with anyone who gives you one liner responses?

11. Do not bring drama from other existing threads to my thread. Do not start bashing another thread IC or in OOC or in Narration.

12. I Hate...shoe elves. It's now a rule. When people are not on line...that doesn't mean that you get to do things to others characters or to the place of business.
Ex. No one's on line and you start drinking all the alcohol, blow things up, set fire to things, steal from peoples rooms, rifle through drawers, cabinets and personal belongings...simply...because no one is on line to "stop you".
Don't do it. I'll black list you.

13. DO NOT add things (Rooms, physical attributes, amenities) to my ship that aren't listed or don't exist.

Quote:
Eg. I go to the bowel of the ship where there's a control room with all the captains treasure stored in it. I drink her rum and help myself to some gold.

14. If you have something you'd like to say to me, about me, about my thread, about someone else in this thread, If someone has done something to you that you really feel disrespected by please...please..PLEASE Pm me. Please don't post your stuff on my thread in any form. When you do that, people will be free to read it, jump in on it and things get bitchy, ugly and useless. It's a headache for you, me and can make people very upset and angry. So, please don't do it. When you pm please do your best to be civil.

15. When posting with 3 or more people please establish a post order. It makes things go a lot smoother. Location tags are also very helpful!

User Image

1. Please be fair when fighting DO NOT spend your entire time blocking or being a total cheap a**.

2. Are guns allowed? Yes. If you think it's unfair then...don't get into a fight with someone that uses a gun? Lol.

3. Auto-hitting and God modding= Lame. Don't do it. Anyone who repetitiously does this will be black listed. There's just no excuse for it.

4. No killing is permitted unless permission has been granted by the other party member.

** If you do not agree or feel you have been dealt with unfairly please pm me. **

NPC's

Why the NPC exists:

The NPC exists as a means to eliminate that horrid ignorance thing that happens in a lot of threads. You know the one where your new to a place, you post your entrance and no one says anything to you or greets you or interacts with you? Yea...well I hate it. I think it's rude and I try to not do it ( or have any one of my patrons do it either ). It was a good idea to have someone swing the newbies an ooc when our characters were tied up in say a story line but that isn't enough for me. So I created the NPC for just that scenario.
Ex.
Onyx is wrapped up in something, no one's around to greet you the way you should be...I can always have the NPC welcome and serve you up.

Others will greet you of course but this is just for that extra measure in case, ya know? This also goes for any other Asperians on line at the time. They are free to puppet her to greet others in the event that their characters are tied up.

NPC RULES:

You CANNOT kill or seriously harm this character. You CANNOT have them perform embarrassing or sexual acts. You may NOT make-up settings or a story line for this NPC. You CANNOT develop a story line with this character.

+ Jenica is played by myself when Onyx is busy/not there or as needed.
+ Jenica is played by yourself if I am not online and no one else is around to serve/help/ you.

User Image
NPC ~ Asperian Hostess, Chef, & Maid

Who is Jenica?:

Jenica is the right hand woman to the Asper in many ways. She was found by Onyx in Lockeport working at a local bar. An altercation occurred one night to which Onyx saved her from. She offered Jenica a job aboard the Asper after that. Jenica is the hostess and takes care of the cooking and maintenance of the ship.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

The Asper has an awesome guild space called The Directory. It's purpose is to hold all the extra information regarding Stros M'kai. We have a FAQ for your curiosity as well as information on the statistics of M'kai, Events & Archives, and so forth for all of you that are like me and love detail. You can find all of that there.

Stros M'kai Shops ~ A listing of all the existing shops throughout the three sectors.
Holiday Events ~ A detailed listing of the holidays existinging in M'kai.
Past/Current Plot Events ~ Information about major plot lines created by myself or other players.
Our Affiliates, Banner & Credit List ~ Information on who the Asper is affiliated with, Our banner, and who I give credit to.
Whos on the s**t list? ~ The Aspers Black List.

Quick Reference

Excerpts from the Aspers FaQ
Q: What time of day is it? What's the weather like here?

A: Regarding the weather and time... Please go by THIS

Q: Is the Asper located in Gaia?

A: Yes. The Asper is located in the realm of Gaia on an island known as Stros M'kai, Province of Volenfell on the continent of Tamriel.

Q: What kind of RP setting is the Asper? (modern day, historical, futuristic, etc)

A: Modern Fantasy ~There are modern real world elements to this Rp as well as tiny twisted history aspects and of course fantasy. Not so much futuristic things in this thread though. Just a good blend of fantasy and modern elements.

Quick Reference Holiday Dates
December 31st/January 1st - Omisoka Shogatsu (new years eve & New Years Day Festival)
February 14th & 15th - koshogatsu (little new year)
March 3rd - Diamond Peach Festival
April 12th - Cherry Blossom festival
May - nothing
June - nothing
July 7th - Tanabata (Star festival)
August 15th - Mooncake festival
September - Nothing
October 30/31st - Pumpkin Harvest Festival
November 6th - Golden Pear Celebration
December 21st - Lilith Fae Fair

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Want me to advertise your Contest or Shop? Send me a PM and I will post it here for you!

Have you checked these guys out before? You should! I think they are pretty amazing and have already purchased a ton of stuff from these guys.

I am Onyx and I am a supporter of Gaia's mini shops!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
heart Cuts ribbon or breaks a bottle over someones head - the Asper is now open for Rp! heart

Onyx stood behind the bar wiping down the new wood finish of the bar top with a little hum. The boat was anchored well, there was no rock to the boat as it sat on the docks.
Onyx ... a woman of 5'9 with long silky black hair that fell to her thighs, found normally pinned up, large lips with a slender nose that had a scar running across it, lean but very well toned, very curvaceous with a large chest, had a taste for battle and blood. Her yellow topaz eyes, molten pools of gold, held wonder and she had the air of someone who had seen many battles and many hard times. Like a diamond in the rough no one would ever guess that some of the titles she held were prestigious in any way.

Onyx was an assassin, apart of a theives guild and a pirate Captain, a vampire huntress and more. Onyx was brassy and very forward but once the time had settled anyone could see that in her own way she did care. She was a woman of many many secrets. Some good but mostly bad. This boat was one of those good ones. It was her baby and on this ship she had great memories, many raids, parties, and saw much of the world! She was happy to call Asper her second home. Home on the open waters while the Lost Nights had been her home on Land.

Usually found wearing a kimono or some kind of assassin gear/armou,r onyx was always on the go...but not for today (pft i wish) She looked around with a little squee in her throat as her nose crinkled up. She was ecstatic to see her boat transformed into a tavern. She continued to wipe down the new counters and then moved to cleaning the dishware and putting them in their proper place. She also finished stocking the bar of all its booze.

Everything was so new smelling! The scent of fine wood was so inviting it was a wonder that this was a pirates ship! Every detail was set into place by her, she had dreamed about this for some time now and the satisfaction of seeing it a reality just made her so bloody happy. She was excited to share this with the others. She couldn't wait to tell them.

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
-Sol scampered around, exporing this new surrounding. he began looking for and making little nooks and crannies in the wood work. he'd soon lay claim here as he did LN-

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Onyx stopped and smiled "Sol?", she called out.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She could have swore she sensed sol's presence..."hm", she went before continuing her work.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
After a long days of prepping and doing it all single handedly she got to relax. Everything was complete. She knew that this was going to tough all over again, just like before. If worse came to worse she'd just have to set sail and leave it all behind. Thats not what she wanted though. Onyx took a seat on the bar counter and opened herself up a glass of wine. Her delicate fingers that were attached to strong hands lifted the glass to her big lips.
"Cheers to me, happy grand opening", she then took a nice sip of her wine.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Onyx put down her wine glass and went over to the juke box that sat near the bar and put something on. Anything as long as it wasnt silent. She went and sat back on top of the bar top and continued to sip at her wine, swinging her legs gently.
Li came aboard the ship smiling as he looked around." Wow so this was onyxs idea." He said looking around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff